The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Stories and Legacies Index Gateway

Comments

• Options
    mastressalitamastressalita Posts: 2,874 Member
    Monthly Site Updates is updated with all those lovely new chapters and videos that have released today. Enjoy~
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
    Have a Sim story site? Please submit your link to the Stories and Legacies Index!
    Check out my Simlit at Sim Stories: Hijinks from the World of Sims 3!
    My Simlit Discussion/Updates | The Fringe | Short Story Challenges
  • Options
    RinellieRinellie Posts: 438 Member
    @Rinellie : So excited you moved Miribi Prettacy to Wordpress! (Mainly because it is way easier for me to get new chapter update notifications through Wordpress Reader than through EA forum notifications, because on the forum, the only thing I can do is bookmark a forum-hosted story, which means every single comment on said story goes into my notifications, and I have to sift through hundreds of notifications every day looking for actual chapters. The archivists dillema. T_T On Wordpress Reader I just get the chapters delivered to my front door without all the extra noise. ^_^;;; ) The autonomous legacy sounds fun, like a wishacy! Your entry is updated now, instead of being listed under "The Miribi Prettacy" you'll find an entry for "Rin's Bin" that lists your different hosted stories at that site (with your forum thread for Miribi Prettacy in the "Other Links" section on the listing).

Yeah, I figured since I had already opened up the blog to post my short story for the short story challenge, it would make sense to continue using the blog for my other stories :lol: I'm glad I could make your job easier! I seriously commend you for going through all that work every day. You're very dedicated and very kind. And thank you so much for going and liking all the prettacy chapters on my blog! That was so sweet :heart:
  • Options
    H2FoxH2Fox Posts: 16 Member
    Username: H2Fox
    Website/Blog/Channel name: Next Girl
    Current site URL: nextgirlstory*blogspot*ca/
    Sims games featured: Sims 3
    Update schedule: Weekly or sometimes bi-weekly for now
    Additional information: The blog is 18+ and should be considered NSFW
    Do you understand that if your site ever moves to a new URL or closes or any of the information above ever changes it is your responsibility to update your entry using the Amendment form?: Yes
    Do you understand that site story update announcements are not to be posted to this thread?: Yes
    Would you like to give permission now for the maintainer of the Stories and Legacies Index to autonomously add any past or future story works you may have that have not been submitted manually to the Index?: No, I wish to add my works to the Index manually when I open a new story site.
  • Options
    supernatural103supernatural103 Posts: 433 Member
    edited February 2016
    Username: supernatural103
    Website/Blog/Channel name: supernatural103shortstories
    Current site URL: https://supernatural103shortstories.wordpress.com/
    Sims games featured: Sims 4, maybe 3
    Update schedule: Monthly
    Do you understand that if your site ever moves to a new URL or closes or any of the information above ever changes it is your responsibility to update your entry using the Amendment form?: Yes
    Do you understand that site story update announcements are not to be posted to this thread?: Yes
    Would you like to give permission now for the maintainer of the Stories and Legacies Index to autonomously add any past or future story works you may have that have not been submitted manually to the Index?:* Yes, I give permission for any past or future stories I write to be added freely to the Index.

Edit:
    This text is to certify that I have read the opening post and will follow the rules of the thread as stated under the Guidelines heading.
    yaHATa3.png
  • Options
    Thank you @H2Fox and @supernatural103 ! Your sites have been added to the Index and all updates from within the last month have been added to the Monthly Site Updates section! Future updates will be added automatically when I receive news via my Wordpress Reader or Blogger Reading List. Thank you for adding your sites to the Index!
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
    Have a Sim story site? Please submit your link to the Stories and Legacies Index!
  • Options
    The February 5th updates for the Monthly Site Updates listing is done! Enjoy your Friday! *settles in to read SimLit, as this librarian really can't imagine a more perfect start to the weekend*
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
  • Options
    Your Monthly Site Update update is rolling in a little earlier than usual this evening, because... *drumroll* I'm heading out to see Labyrinth in the theater! This is one of my favorite movies of all time, I grew up watching it as a kid (I'm a Sara so it was a natural pick for my parents to choose a movie with a Sarah protagonist to put on for me and I fell in love with it and now at my ripe ol' age of "too many gray hairs" I pretty much have each line memorized) so seeing it on the big screen for the first time is exciting!

Keep that dance magic going strong on the other side, Mr. Bowie.
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
  • Options
    pronteruspronterus Posts: 2,166 Member
    Username: Pronterus
    Website/Blog/Channel name: Undead With Benefits
    Current site URL: https://undeadwithbenefits.wordpress.com/
    Sims games featured: The Sims 4
    Update schedule: Irregular for now since it's new, but might become weekly or bi-weekly later
    Would you like to give permission now for the maintainer of the Stories and Legacies Index to autonomously add any past or future story works you may have that have not been submitted manually to the Index?:* Yes, I give permission for any past or future stories I write to be added freely to the Index.

This text is to certify that I have read the opening post and will follow the rules of the thread as stated under the Guidelines heading.
  • Options
    Thank you, @pronterus ! I have added your story to the Index and all current chapters to the Monthly Site Updates section on the first page of this thread. All future chapters will be added there automatically as they are released; I'll receive news of their release through my Wordpress Reader. Thank you for taking the time to add your story to the Stories and Legacies Index!
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
  • Options
    SurrealSurreal Posts: 3,241 Member
    edited February 2016
    Hey Mastressalita - I thought I'd pop in and add my blog to your ever-growing list.

Username: Surreal
    Website/Blog/Channel name: surrealsimsstory
    Current site URL: https://surrealsimsstory.wordpress.com/
    Update schedule: Weekly or so
    Additional information: This is an NIF Challenge chronicle
    Would you like to give permission now for the maintainer of the Stories and Legacies Index to autonomously add any past or future story works you may have that have not been submitted manually to the Index?: Absolutely

• Options
    Thanks, @Surreal ! I've added your site to the Index, and your current chapters are listed in the Monthly Site Updates section on the front page. I'll add your future updates automatically as they come in through my Wordpress Reader. Thank you so much for dropping by the thread and adding your story!
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
  • Options
    amberthezombieamberthezombie Posts: 214 Member
    Aww, thanks guys. It actually does take a lot of time each day, not going to lie. I use automated updates for the majority of stuff (and have a small list of things I have to manually check each day) but compiling all those automated updates still takes time (imagine coming home from work and having 70+ notifications on these forums to sort through to find the chapter updates on forum-hosted stories, because there is no way to get just the "story chapter update notifications" separated from the 20+ comments on each of those story threads, heh...) I'm going on vacation February 10-15 and already freaking out how many notifications I'll have to go through when I get back, since I'll be unable to update the Index during that time. ^_^;; (I'm going to a Doctor Who convention/Disneyland!)

I really wish I could get more submissions though. :-P There is little I can do but send out invites to authors I find, but honestly, I get a very low return on those... lately it's to the point where I feel it isn't worth my low availability of time to send out invites because I am getting such a low return of folks actually adding their sites after receiving one, but on the other hand... I get an even lower number of folks just seeing the thread and adding their site on their own (and it's always on the first page of the Stories and Legacies forum, so it's pretty visible and has a high view count, so I'm not sure why exactly that is). Many pretty visible authors still haven't added their sites, and I feel too plum to ever send an invite to someone more than once, cause to me that just looks spammy and/or desperate. :-P I really do hope this year some of those folks will come add their sites though. My goal is really a "virtual library" or a "one stop shop" of Sim Story links. I try hard to keep things organized and up-to-date.

You do a great job! I'm sure there'll be more people when they realise this is a great place to list your story :smile:
  • Options
    Hemera123Hemera123 Posts: 905 Member
    Username: Hemera123
    Website/Blog/Channel name: -
    Current site URL: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/870729/sabrina-s-legacy-mission-on-earth
    Sims games featured: Sims 4
    Update schedule: irregular
    Additional information: The Starborn Legacy story

• Options
    Congrats on finishing Forgotten Swans, and thank you for adding your new story, @Hemera123 ! Your story is now listed in the Index and your chapters are in the Monthly Site Updates section on the first page of this thread. Future updates will be listed on the Monthly Site Updates section automatically as they are released. Thanks!
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
  • Options
    Monthly Site Updates has been updated for the 2/7 releases! Enjoy!
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
  • Options
    Monthly Site Updates are up! Happy readings!
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
  • Options
    WinteryGarnetWinteryGarnet Posts: 2,320 Member

Username: CeltyGirly (TheCeltyGirly on wordpress)
    Website/Blog/Channel name: The Fox Legacy
    Current site URL: https://thesimsfoxlegacy.wordpress.com
    Update schedule: A few times a week?(It depends how I'm feeling that week really.)
    Do you understand that if your site ever moves to a new URL or closes or any of the information above ever changes it is your responsibility to update your entry using the Amendment form?: Yes :)
    Do you understand that site story update announcements are not to be posted to this thread?: Yup :)
    Would you like to give permission now for the maintainer of the Stories and Legacies Index to autonomously add any past or future story works you may have that have not been submitted manually to the Index?: No, I wish to add my works to the Index manually when I open a new story site.

Hope I did this right :)

• Options
    Thanks @CeltyGirly ! Your site has been added to the Index and all your chapters have been added to the Monthly Site Updates section on the first page of this thread. Your future updates will be added to the Monthly Site Updates automatically as they are released and come through my Wordpress Reader. Thank you for taking the time to add your story to the Stories and Legacies Index!
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
  • Options
    Monthly Site Updates have been updated for today!

Tomorrow will be the last day that the Monthly Site Updates section is updated before I go on vacation. I will be unable to update the Stories and Legacies Index from February 11, 2016 - February 15, 2016. I will process updates from during those dates and any new site submissions posts to this thread during those dates after I have returned.
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
  • Options
    Monthly Site Updates for February 10th have been added!

Important Note for all Stories and Legacies Index Users!

I will be gone on vacation from February 11, 2016 - February 15, 2016 and will be unable to update the Stories and Legacies Index during this time. Fear not; I will add updates to the Monthly Site Updates that were made during these dates after I have returned, but since there will be quite a backlog for me to get caught up, there may be a delay during this process. Also note that it is perfectly fine to submit your sites to the Index during these dates, I just will be unable to add them into the listing until I have returned after the 15th! So if you don't see your site added within a day (as is my usual procedure) don't fret and worry that something is wrong with your submission! I'm just unable to make any edits to the Index until I've returned from vacation (and honestly, why would I want to maintain the Index during vacation? It's... a vacation. :-P ) There will, however, be a new edition of Weekly Reading Roundup on Sunday, as I have it pre-written and simply have to upload it from my hotel room. Thanks for understanding!
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
  • Options
    Pinkfiend1Pinkfiend1 Posts: 42 Member
    [color=#00529c]This text is to certify that I have read the opening post and will follow the rules of the thread as stated under the Guidelines heading.[/color]

Username: pinkfiend1
    Website/Blog/Channel name: Pink's Madness
    A Handful of Beans
    Wishing for the Ether

Current site URL: pinkfiend1isbi.wordpress.com/
    pinkfiend1legacy.wordpress.com/
    pinkfiend1wishacy.wordpress.com/

Update schedule: I try to up date once a month
    Additional information (e.g. Story titles featured, secondary blog, story update thread link on this forum, etc):

Pinks Madness-alphabetacy ISBI
    A Handful of Beans-BISBI
    Wishing for the Ether-Wishacy

Do you understand that site story update announcements are not to be posted to this thread?:* Yes

Would you like to give permission now for the maintainer of the Stories and Legacies Index to autonomously add any past or future story works you may have that have not been submitted manually to the Index?:* No, I wish to add my works to the Index manually when I open a new story site
  • Options
    MinxMinx Posts: 1,221 Member
    Username: Minx
    Website/Blog/Channel name:Loss of Power
    Current site URL: https://lossofpower.wordpress.com/
    Update schedule: Irregular
    Additional information: We talk about our gameplay of the nothing is free challenge here: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/861239/empty-worlds-for-nif-challenge-pictures-of-current-game/p1
    Would you like to give permission now for the maintainer of the Stories and Legacies Index to autonomously add any past or future story works you may have that have not been submitted manually to the Index?: Yes, I give permission for any past or future stories I write to be added freely to the Index.

• Options
    emaaleeemaalee Posts: 86 Member
    Amendment Form:

Username: emaalee
    Website/Blog/Channel name (as listed in the index): emaalee's sims
    Reason for amendment: changing my update schedule from weekly to on hiatus
    Correct your entry by completing the original form below:

Username: emaalee
    Website/Blog/Channel name: emaalee's sims
    Current site URL: http://emaalee-sims.weebly.com/
    Sims games featured: Sims 4
    Update schedule: on hiatus
    Additional information (e.g. Story titles featured, secondary blog, etc):
    zEc5jzx.png
    COMING SOON
  • Options
    Hello from California! I will be back and able to update the Index after the 15th, but I have a new edition of Weekly Reading Roundup which I had prewritten, and I've uploaded for Valentine's Day from my hotel room! Enjoy!

Edition #7: Romanticly Challenged: Bachelor Challenges and More! Pt. 1
    Edition #7: Romanticly Challenged: Bachelor Challenges and More! Pt. 2
    sali_adbanner3.jpg