Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• Options
    Julyvee94Julyvee94 Posts: 6,694 Member
    Anemone7 wrote: »
    @Julyvee94 I can look for the mod tomorrow (I didn't link it last time, I just asked if I should find it for you last time).

@Anemone7 wow I really must have missed that :P It would be great if you could find the link but no stress :) I just want to check if my mod does the same as this one
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    So I've made 8 Sims for my possible short story challenge story. Even if I don't get it done in time, I have 8 new Sims to play with!

Here is one of them.

She's so gorgeous! And she looks like she has a story behind her! Plus... that house!
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    ilovebunnys65ilovebunnys65 Posts: 1,611 Member
    @madamelee The whole Greg and Mowgli being twins would be cool, but I don't think it would work. I can't figure out a believable story, and their both different ethnicities. I change my mind.
  • Options
    MedleyMistyMedleyMisty Posts: 1,188 Member
    CathyTea wrote: »
    So I've made 8 Sims for my possible short story challenge story. Even if I don't get it done in time, I have 8 new Sims to play with!

Here is one of them.

She's so gorgeous! And she looks like she has a story behind her! Plus... that house!

Thanks!

Oh, it's an EA house. It's one of the cheap ones in Willow Creek. I'm not a builder. ;)

She does have a story though. Oh my gosh, this is my first time taking pics for a Sims 4 story that uses actual Sims, and it's weird. SO WEIRD. They won't stop smiling!

What I think will be the first pic:

tumblr_nyjrroPQGr1riev15o1_1280.png

Okay, no more spoilers. ;) And I can smell that the spousal person is almost done making dinner, which is good because I need calories to power the writing and the rest of the screenshots.
    Sometimes the darkness and I tell stories.
  • Options
    @cathytea I just had to get this out.

I'LL TUMBLE 4 YA, I'LL TUMBLE 4 YA, I'LL TUMBLE 4 YA, I'LL TUMBLE 4 YOU!
  • Options
    CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    edited November 2015
    @MedleyMisty I don't know if you saw the video I posted earlier, but it's basically a bunch of tips and tricks I used for taking screenshots for D2D. I don't know if it would help at all, but you can find a link to it in my story thread and also in the "videos" section on my D2D blog :)

(Obviously I know you have lots of screenshotting experience from your TS3 stuff, but I talk about some cheats and mods that help a lot with TS4 screenshotting :) )
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    cute-free-hugs-pinguin-Favim.com-703550.jpg

Hugs for days. Hugs for everyone.
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    I know this early, but I think I wanna be Boy George next halloween!

dd05168fd02f88348e76b742f0cc56ac.360x500x1.jpg

i'm a girl btw
  • Options
    @CitizenErased14 Thanks for the offer, but I kind of have a thing about figuring all this out myself. ;) Also I like to use the least possible amount of cheats and mods that I can.
  • Options
    @MedleyMisty Hahahaha fair enough! I give you a lot of credit :lol: I would die trying to screenshot 100% "vanilla" :tongue: Good luck! :)
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    RaishaRaisha Posts: 129 Member
    Whew, I finally caught up on all my updates from playing on Thanksgiving. It took a lot of intensive writing by chapter 2.1 is now available.

And that means . . . I can get back to playing! I'm a little excited and sad at the same time. I have babies about to be born, which I can't wait to see, but I also have elders who could die very soon. That's always hard. :(
    disneysig3.jpg
    The Disney Legacy: 2/5 chapter: 3.4 Fill the World with Sunshine
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    Here's a tutorial on how to add new names for your CAS Randomizer and newly generated townies in case you are interested :) I found that the directions you can find on this are partly outdated and I'm also a very visual person so I hope the video helps people who want new names :)

https://youtu.be/Ou-BgtOsvnA
    Post edited by Julyvee94 on
  • Options
    That moment when you're in the middle of recording a video you were really looking forward to when the phone rings and your mom walks in and shouts "it's your brother, he wants to talk to you!"

Literally want to scream. Time to start over...
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    KitDragonFlightKitDragonFlight Posts: 6,219 Member
    Alrighty wish me luck the league is about to begin....
  • Options
    InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    @MedleyMisty Hahahaha fair enough! I give you a lot of credit :lol: I would die trying to screenshot 100% "vanilla" :tongue: Good luck! :)

@CitizenErased14: I used to do that (in TS3, but I think a lot of the same limits still stand), mostly because a lot of my friends were able to write great stories with vanilla screenshots, so why couldn't I?

Because it's hard, that's why. :(
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options
    InfraGreen wrote: »

@CitizenErased14: I used to do that (in TS3, but I think a lot of the same limits still stand), mostly because a lot of my friends were able to write great stories with vanilla screenshots, so why couldn't I?

Because it's hard, that's why. :(

Whenever I tell the spousal person that writing is hard, he says that's because it's worthwhile. ;)
  • Options
    Oh my goodness, my D2D "Wrap Party" video is nearly an hour of silliness and chaos :lol:@Julyvee94 I totally forgot to even mention my reading list! I basically just narrated the party and showed all the crazy things going on... It was an absolute nightmare :lol: You all will see :tongue:

I made a few D2D-related comments in the beginning and the end and a few times throughout. But mostly it was just me narrating/showing the ridiculousness :joy: But there are some interesting moments including...

TWO deaths!
    People taking baths
    People wetting themselves
    People passing out
    A "TeamEv" moment

:lol:
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    Julyvee94 wrote: »
    Here's a tutorial on how to add new names for your CAS Randomizer and newly generated townies in case you are interested :) I found that the directions you can find on this are partly outdated and I'm also a very visual person so I hope the video helps people who want new names :)

https://youtu.be/Ou-BgtOsvnA

The updated tutorial is now online (see above)
  • Options
    simlady36simlady36 Posts: 780 Member
    simlady36 wrote: »
    Those of you who are attending my blog party this weekend if there are a few words you would like to say please pm those @sabreene and ninja pig @Rorygilmore34

What blog party??

Oh my Sims are having a blog party this weekend or are trying to anyway I've had a family emergency to deal with. If you want to attend just tell me what Sims you would like to attend and I will get them tomorrow before I play
  • Options
    Ok. So some plum news to share. My neighbor's dog has been outside all evening. It's 19 degrees outside. It's going to get down to 6 tonight. We are ten min away from our house. And he has no hair. And he is crying, I know this because our other neighbor is mighty concerned and texted us. I'm texting dog neighbor and so is the other neighbor she isn't answering her phone and it's just all very bad. We are going to put him in our garage tonight with blankets and a heater and we are going to start trying to find him a home.
  • Options
    Ok. So some plum news to share. My neighbor's dog has been outside all evening. It's 19 degrees outside. It's going to get down to 6 tonight. We are ten min away from our house. And he has no hair. And he is crying, I know this because our other neighbor is mighty concerned and texted us. I'm texting dog neighbor and so is the other neighbor she isn't answering her phone and it's just all very bad. We are going to put him in our garage tonight with blankets and a heater and we are going to start trying to find him a home.

Thank you for trying to help him.
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    Okay guys, I am waiting until tomorrow to post this on my blog, but I can't resist posting it here tonight :lol:

It's LONG. Much longer than I thought it would be. But I swear to you that this video is very funny and has a lot of absolute ridiculous moments :lol: I understand if you skip ahead over some parts, but I recommend trying to watch most of it (or at least listen to most of it in the background while you do something else and then switch over to the video when it sounds like something interesting is happening? :lol:).

I admit that most of the talking in this video is just my commentary on the insanity going on at the party :lol: Things start out just fine, but go downhill REALLY quickly ;) I guess that's what happens when you have 50 sims in one house with only two bathrooms and two beds and you are letting them do everything autonomously? :joy:

Secondary warning: This video contains a pretty big SPOILER for D2D, so if you have not caught up with the story yet or haven't read yet (but plan to) I don't recommend watching, unless you don't mind huge spoilers!

So here it is, the Dust to Dust "Wrap Party" starring (in no particular order): @ra3rei @Rorygilmore34 @OJenn @Lizzie1234 @Meggles @MadameLee @BBQPenguinWings @roseinblack69 @Jes2G @YJB19299 @SilverDaybreak @totalRainbow @putacece4lyfe @KitDragonFlight @Penguinwa101 @Spottydog714 @Rivie @eXokamikaze @Munterbacon @Julyvee94 @DreamsInPixels @CathyTea @SummerFalls @ThePlumbob @sabreene @Derubelle The cast of D2D, and my simself :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbIAO9-O1M0
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options

Thank you for trying to help him.

He's a sweet sweet dog, we love him. So update is the neighbors finally came home and took him inside, and yes, he is still alive. But we are going to be doing a discreet campaign on Facebook to try and find him a new home. So if you know anyone around Layton, UT who wants a dog, let me know please!
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    edited November 2015
    maybe i should post again. lurking went better tioday.but now i realized i haven't posted in 7 and a half hours.the last time i posted the sun was out now its dark.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top