Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Happy Play Thread :)

Comments

• Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    @Fullspiral Oh, I love those pictures of Frank and his shop. I can see customers are ready to buy. Are they buying cakes? Ok, that may be a silly question, but I have never seen that happen in my shop. Some have bought a cake, but they never showed that sign over head, you know. As for the other stuff in my shops, they have the sign over their head.

They buy a lot of things. He seems to always sell his rack of lamb and lobster thermidor :)

After he closes up shop for the day, he ponders about what will be and looks forward to the day that he can actually serve customers and have them enjoy his meals seated properly. He dreams of the finest dining establishment this side of Granite Falls. ;)

11-06-15_5-34-04nbspPM_zpsul82wm5q.png

In due time, Frank, In due time.....
  • Options
    SvineprutterSvineprutter Posts: 2,343 Member
    edited November 2015
    Ah, I still have'nt tried selling food from the shop. Henrietta master both standard and gourmet cooking, so ....
    Sorry - one more time. The customers with the shopping wagon on head, were they ordering cakes?
    Zpj9msL.png
  • Options
    Ah, I still have'nt tried selling food from the shop. Henrietta master both standard and gourmet cooking, so ....
    Sorry - one more time. The customers with the shopping wagon on head, were they ordering cakes?

They bought his meals. I think today he sold lobster thermidor, crab cakes, and several other things. He sells more meals than cakes.
  • Options
    Ok, so he only sells food and cakes in his shop?
    Did You designate the shop to be a food shop somehow, when You opened it?
    Zpj9msL.png
  • Options
    Ok, so he only sells food and cakes in his shop?
    Did You designate the shop to be a food shop somehow, when You opened it?

He only sells his foods, yes. Just what he makes.

I didn't designate it to be a bakery/deli, but that's all he has set for sale. His food :)
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    Thanks. I may try to cook some meals and set for sale today.
    It is rare a customer buy cakes and when they do, they leave it at the shop. I do'nt mind, cause then they can be sold again, hehe. - but I have been worried I did something wrong. My games include 2 shops now and they sell cakes, paintings, homemade furnitures and instruments plus some reward stuff from lengendary dates.

Edit:
    Food is definately easier to sell than cakes and it is quite profitable as well. Monte Christo-Sandwish sold for almost 500. Furthermore I saw the shopping wagon above the customer's head, yay. :)
    Post edited by Svineprutter on
    Zpj9msL.png
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited November 2015
    So I saved my current sibling pair, Gerald and Danielle Cline, to my library to play them in Get Together but I'm still playing them in my current save -- and the new game's already going to have a bit of drama.

Meet Sirius:
    11-06-15_12-22-06nbspPM_zpsknr3uala.png

Auntie Danielle is definitely willing to pitch in and help out:
    11-06-15_12-20-00nbspPM_zpswlmtt4ea.png

Hope he'll find some aliens to bond with; his dad is an astronaut but still hasn't gotten to go to Sixam yet. Grandpa Gordon did all the upgrades on the rocket then moved out and left it for Gerald.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    Ulfric_GrimbrandUlfric_Grimbrand Posts: 681 Member
    edited November 2015
    A quick update with what's going on with the Grimbrands.
    Ulfric proves it can still be fatal falling for him. One of his new girls, didn't last the night.
    tumblr_nxfz6dGjYO1uw2n86o3_1280.png

Grimmy and Ulfric become best friends, and Grimmy offers Ulfric his exclusive 2 for 1 deal >:)
    tumblr_nxfz6dGjYO1uw2n86o4_1280.png

I guess having Ulfric come into your life, can be hazardous to your spouse's health as well. Here, Simis Bachelor expires after becoming so angry with Jocasta for having a fling with Ulfric.
    tumblr_nxfz6dGjYO1uw2n86o6_1280.png

The look on Jocasta's face while Grimmy checks his list is so ridden with guilt, I thought perhaps she might expire as well.
    tumblr_nxfz6dGjYO1uw2n86o7_1280.png

Eric Lewis got overly angry with Alice when he caught her and Ulfric in bed together as well.
    tumblr_nxfz6dGjYO1uw2n86o9_1280.png

On a side note, I want this car!
    tumblr_nxfz6dGjYO1uw2n86o10_1280.png

Edit: Oops, wrong last name on Simis, I changed it to Bachelor, since that was his last name ... my bad.
    Post edited by Ulfric_Grimbrand on
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    Great update. I look forward to seeing what everyone does when GT comes out.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,347 Member
    Frightening picture : Grim Reaper ready to reap everybody in the room with a single move.

• Options
    Ulfric_GrimbrandUlfric_Grimbrand Posts: 681 Member
    Frightening picture : Grim Reaper ready to reap everybody in the room with a single move.

A real lucky pause on my part. I couldn't resist snapping that picture. And yes, it's one of the few things in TS4 that actually seems wicked to me. Grimmy don't mess around!
  • Options
    Mafe5125Mafe5125 Posts: 294 Member
    Hi everyone! I wanna share my newest family with you guys. :smile:

This is Zoe Breen. Teenage daughter of
    11_06_15_10_56_24_PM.png

Stephanie Breen
    11_06_15_10_58_08_PM.png

and Frederick Breen.
    11_07_15_12_49_06_AM.png

They'll be moving in to Willow Creek very soon! :smiley:
  • Options
    clindstrom520clindstrom520 Posts: 81 Member
    So I created an elder home like someone in this thread (I believe it was @simgirl1010) and it has been so much fun to play!!! I have made one caretaker who is the only sim I control (unless I want to intervene) and 6 elder sims.

My hubby and I are leaving for dinner so I will post pics later :)
    ~Chihuahua Momma~
    Sims fan since day one with TS1!!!
  • Options
    keenowkeenow Posts: 549 Member
    > @clindstrom520 said:
    > I wanted to share their house which I uploaded to the gallery under the title "Modern Waters"
    > The totally awesome outdoor entertaining area:

I love your backyard/kitchen! *_*
  • Options
    I've spent a lot of today setting up a new save for the new EP.

My homeless teen Brandon was moved in to the new save
    11-07-15_4-44-02nbspPM_zpsp0bkb80e.png

He met Pinky very quickly which is a good thing for what I am intending for them :)

11-07-15_4-38-23nbspPM_zpsfjbgydjl.png

She called shortly after wanting to visit him and she came over

11-07-15_5-31-08nbspPM_zpsxep2lckt.png

I think she really likes his guitar skills!
    11-07-15_5-28-02nbspPM_zpsa8lt8mw6.png

She even showed up the next day at the park and stopped to listen to him again
    11-07-15_7-01-04nbspPM_zpsptyrmdqd.png

I'm wondering is she has a crush on him already!

The next day, some new teens moved in across the street from Brandon and while I was playing them, he stopped by. The girls all introdiced themselves to him

11-07-15_8-06-32nbspPM_zpsw3vcb2rz.png

Meanwhile in a far different subdivision, Pinky and her mom were settling in to their new home/ I just love what they did with their diningroom! lol

11-07-15_9-21-18nbspPM_zpsuott1ia6.png

And when Pinky headed to school, her mom June decided to take some time to de-stress from the move

11-07-15_9-25-56nbspPM_zpsnhavg2wc.png

I am thinking that June is recently divorced and that her alimony has left her in pretty good shape to devote a lot of time to Pinky. She sees that Pinky is a free spirit and marches to her own drum. I think they are going to be a fun mother/daughter team to play.
  • Options
    PamhamletPamhamlet Posts: 5,556 Member
    Great updates, everyone! :)

In my story, Your Cheatin' Heart, I had left off with Laura becoming pregnant and Ruthie finding out and getting upset. I'd also posed a question as to whether Duncan should straighten up and get a job, or maybe have a baby with Ruthie, too. I've been tossing many ideas around in my head and I have some interesting things in store. I hope everyone enjoys what happens. Here's my newest updates:

Laura's pregnancy is coming along nicely. She is still working, eating healthy, and taking good care of herself.
    11-02-15_7-09-14nbspPM_zps7mjvqbcc.png

Duncan has taken up woodworking as a hobby. It should help keep him occupied (ahem) :* and will bring in a little income on the side when he sells his projects. When Laura takes maternity leave, she plans to stay home with the baby, and Duncan will then go to work. (She's the Family Sim, while Duncan is the Ambitious one.)
    11-02-15_6-54-23nbspPM_zpsu6knfeul.png

He's already completed several items. One of them is a nice dragon he made:
    11-02-15_7-10-12nbspPM_zpsvh1molud.png

Meanwhile, Ruthie has been "earning" a bit of income herself, by successfully hacking accounts online. Not a very honest day's work, but profitable nonetheless. :D
    11-02-15_6-51-14nbspPM_zpsuasnkwvi.png

In her leisure, she relaxes with clay molding...
    10-22-15_10-53-42nbspPM_zpsiwoew5sc.png

...and still does everything she can to make herself irresistable to Duncan.
    10-22-15_11-20-49nbspPM_zps7pd3qyvs.png

Which usually works quite well. Fresh breath is the icing on her sweet-layered cake of charms.
    10-22-15_10-50-36nbspPM_zpstqv1mpxj.png

Their stolen kisses seem to be the treat of each day.
    10-22-15_11-27-07nbspPM_zpsurdojyqb.png

But Laura is wise to all this. "You will not last long, dear Ruthie. No, not long. Soon, Ruthie, soon," Laura thinks to herself.
    11-05-15_7-22-24nbspPM_zpskenj2n63.png
  • Options
    MightydanMightydan Posts: 2,983 Member
    So I finally bought Perfect Patio Stuff and... It's alright. I still prefer Cool Kitchen but that is mostly due to the nice CAS items. The hot tubs are fun though. I discovered that sim smartphones are waterproof; Jessica took hers out, checked her newsfeed and put it away underwater.

THl4eH7.png

Here's a pic of Jessica mocking Chelsea for bringing her toys to the hot tub.

8IHsyem.png

Thankfully, she was only teasing her friend a bit and not being deliberately mean. The girls had a good time.

eeBft9w.png

That is until Jessica's parents decided it was their turn to use the hot tub. The girls left in a hurry before they saw something that would scar them for life.

jrvulhR.png
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    Oh Geez. This story is presenting itself to me all on it's own!

Pinky decided to invite someone she met at school home today. It was Ray Riggins. The teen sim I set up to be as head of the "jock jerks" boys. I don't think Pinky's reception of him is good.

11-07-15_11-59-55nbspPM_zpsy2hkacel.png
    11-08-15_12-03-40nbspAM_zps5ocvum4u.png

They had a falling out without any direction from me and I saved it a bit because it's too early for those kinds of things to be happening lol.
    Mama June tried to chat with Pinky about the way she sees men
    11-07-15_11-29-53nbspPM_zps6n0acn9d.png

Pinky went to her room and lost herself in her music
    11-07-15_10-12-15nbspPM_zpspr7bglag.png
    And Mama June went and lost herself at the bar in the dining room
    11-07-15_11-51-00nbspPM_zpsbiwwfgic.png

I really don't know how much help Mama June is going to be to Pinky in this showdown, I don't think Mama June is all that secure after her husband threw her away for a younger woman. I think June is not so sure of herself and just reaching out to forget her insecurity caused by the break up....

f37763b6-c275-4b47-bbf0-04e5d50278cb_zpszhnknr2v.png

Pinky might be in this alone.

ETA: PS, I think I need to remove that beard CC!
  • Options
    PamhamletPamhamlet Posts: 5,556 Member
    Thought I'd stop in to add another story update! :)

Laura decided it was time to confront Ruthie on the back patio one afternoon. "Look, Ruthie. Your living arrangement here is not working out. I think you know why. This is my home and there is no longer any place for you here. You need to go.
    11-05-15_7-29-10nbspPM_zpscnxnimew.png

Ruthie was silent a moment before answering. "Well, this is Duncan's home too. He loves me, Laura. I don't think he wants me to leave. What will he say about this?"
    11-05-15_7-29-38nbspPM_zpsfdi0iqzk.png

Laura knew this would happen. She also knew what she must do---what it had come down to.
    11-05-15_7-32-12nbspPM_zps29sxahzn.png

After work the next evening, Laura went downtown to Magnolia Emporium. There was something special she needed. And she needed it now, because she would soon be very busy in the days ahead.
    11-02-15_7-26-11nbspPM_zpsiapb6kjo.png

She looked around carefully. She was searching for something just right that would do the trick, and she'd know right when she saw it.
    11-02-15_10-48-01nbspPM_zpsazmqmjp2.png

Finally, there it was. Way in the back. Yes. This was just what she was looking for. Perfect.
    11-02-15_10-53-57nbspPM_zpstcu4mpk7.png

When she got home, she hid it carefully under the bed--for now--until the time was right for its use. "Won't Duncan be surprised," she thought with a grin.
    11-06-15_1-22-28nbspPM_zpstcovy3xd.png

Next morning Laura felt the baby kicking a lot, like it wanted out! Duncan came over to feel the movement.
    "I think it's almost time, Duncan!" she said happily. "I'm so excited to see our baby!" he exclaimed.
    11-05-15_6-00-57nbspPM_zpsars6areq.png

But Laura was still uneasy. She had to give Duncan an ultimatum. "That woman and I cannot both live in this house together, Duncan. And I will not raise our child in this home while she is present. I'm leaving it to you, Duncan. You must tell her to go. Or else!"
    11-05-15_5-15-36nbspPM_zpsru28ipni.png

"Or else what?" Duncan wondered to her out loud. "Well, you'll see, won't you," Laura confidently strode away. "Whatever happens, don't say I didn't warn you."
    11-05-15_7-15-18nbspPM_zpsjekdqr7q.png
  • Options
    Pamhamlet wrote: »

Laura decided it was time to confront Ruthie on the back patio one afternoon. "Look, Ruthie. Your living arrangement here is not working out. I think you know why. This is my home and there is no longer any place for you here. You need to go.

Ruthie was silent a moment before answering. "Well, this is Duncan's home too. He loves me, Laura. I don't think he wants me to leave. What will he say about this?"

Laura knew this would happen. She also knew what she must do---what it had come down to.

After work the next evening, Laura went downtown to Magnolia Emporium. There was something special she needed. And she needed it now, because she would soon be very busy in the days ahead.

She looked around carefully. She was searching for something just right that would do the trick, and she'd know right when she saw it.

Finally, there it was. Way in the back. Yes. This was just what she was looking for. Perfect.

When she got home, she hid it carefully under the bed--for now--until the time was right for its use. "Won't Duncan be surprised," she thought with a grin.

Next morning Laura felt the baby kicking a lot, like it wanted out! Duncan came over to feel the movement.
    "I think it's almost time, Duncan!" she said happily. "I'm so excited to see our baby!" he exclaimed.

But Laura was still uneasy. She had to give Duncan an ultimatum. "That woman and I cannot both live in this house together, Duncan. And I will not raise our child in this home while she is present. I'm leaving it to you, Duncan. You must tell her to go. Or else!"

"Or else what?" Duncan wondered to her out loud. "Well, you'll see, won't you," Laura confidently strode away. "Whatever happens, don't say I didn't warn you."

Ooooooohhhhhhhh!!!!! I'm excited to see what happens and what she hid under the bed!!!!
    ~Chihuahua Momma~
  • Options
    shellbemeshellbeme Posts: 2,086 Member
    Pamhamlet wrote: »

Ooooooohhhhhhhh!!!!! I'm excited to see what happens and what she hid under the bed!!!!

Me too!
  • Options
    MightydanMightydan Posts: 2,983 Member
    edited November 2015
    @fullspiral that wine canon is awesome! I also like your kitchen, it looks really good.

@Pamhamlet what did she hide? A Chompy toy? :o
  • Options
    Alright everyone!!! Time to meet my Caretaker and Elders!!!
    WIY80x3.png

This is Penelope Hough. She is the caretaker of all the elders that live in the home. She lost her parents at a young age of 13 and lived with her grandparents. Growing up with them gave her a sense of passion for helping the elderly. Her traits: Big Happy Family, Domestic, Good, Neat and Cheerful.
    scLUe2R.png

This is Claire Johnston. A master chef back in her day, Claire is a food lover! Unfortunately with old age, she couldn’t keep up with the younger chefs and had to retire. Her traits: Master chef, Foodie, Creative and outgoing.
    kerJo6u.png

This is Arnold Garrett. His passions range from art to nature to music. He loves learning but has a jealous streak. He isn’t sure about living with strangers but hopes that he can make good friends without letting his envy get to him. His traits: Renaissance sim, Quick Learner, Geek, Jealous and Neat.
    5aDqoP9.png

This is Julia Barnes. Even though she has a good heart, her hot headedness and insane quirks made living in society hard. Her family tried really hard to help her and be supportive but she ended up suffering from a mild case of Alzheimers. Her traits: Big Happy Family, Domestic, Insane, Hot Headed and Good.
    YSexr9u.png

This is Braxton Green. Highly paid engineer who invented many modern necessitates. He didn’t retire willingly but ended up finding joy in just relaxing his genius brain. His traits: Nerd Brain, Quick Learner, Genius, Bookworm and Neat.
    p2Wsukc.png

This is Rosalie Mahan. A natural lover who loves collecting things. Before retiring, she was a National Park Ranger and taught Sunday nature classes to little kids. Her traits: Outdoor Enthusiast, Collector, Perfectionist, Loves Outdoors and Cheerful.
    5cQk2yo.png

And finally this is Weston Dodge. Serial romantic who has been married 6 times!!!! Being a modern day cowboy, he can’t help but love the ladies. Although he has a traveling heart, he decided to hang up his cowboy hat and retire. Who knows what will happen with this romantic in the home. His traits: Serial romantic, Alluring, Good, Non-commital and romantic.
    AD7dWXX.png

Next post will have pics of the home :)
    ~Chihuahua Momma~
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited November 2015
    Not sure if I'm going to continue this save after GT drops or just focuse on this household before the baby is born -- the last time I used a pregnant Sim I saved to the Gallery the baby's gender changed from boy to girl. But at least for now, here's what's going on in the Cline family.

Sirius developed at a rapid pace, so was able to grow into a child well before school on Monday.

11-07-15_12-42-09nbspPM_zpscak2e2vb.png

His dad was quite pleased with his new offspring:

11-07-15_12-42-39nbspPM_zpsk45ow6ll.png

But Papa Gerald told Sirius that if he was going to learn to fit in with humankind, he should try and look like human children.

11-07-15_12-53-41nbspPM_zpscqleke0d.png

Ah, much better.

While his dad caught up on work tasks, Sirius spent time with Aunt Danielle, who read him two special books she'd written just for him: "Welcome to Planet Earth" and "Toddlers and Other Mythical Creatures": :D

11-07-15_1-09-55nbspPM_zpssxzv464k.png

(Now that Danielle's started the Master of the Real track, she's no longer wearing the clown makeup and weird outfits -- I really hope that bug gets fixed soon.)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    Here is the home. I downloaded it from the gallery (Oh-No Nursing Home by corenhen). I modified it some by making the rooms bigger to hold double beds and added a tall fence so there will be no wandering elders. Oh and I redesigned the caretaker's apartment.

Exterior with walls up:
    IpyshcC.png

Interior with walls semi-down:
    i1hTsGh.png

Caretaker's apartment on the 2nd floor:
    FS8GmeV.png
    ~Chihuahua Momma~