Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Happy Play Thread :)

simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
I've seen many comments from simmers wondering why simmers who are happy with and having fun with the game on the forum if we're having so much fun with the game. For me, sharing my game and seeing what others are doing is an integral part of my total simming experience. You get ideas, tips, and just a general sense of community from knowing others are also having fun with the game. So I thought I'd create this thread so simmers who are enjoying the game could share that enjoyment. Please feel free to share what's happening in your game, introduce your families, post when you or your sims reach a milestone. Share any tips you have for making the game more enjoyable, any mods you come across, any awesome custom content, any game tutorials. Ask your game play related questions. I'm sure there is a lot that we'd all like to see implemented and we can share those ideas also. Let's please remain respectful of one another and see how long it takes to reach the first goal of 50 pages! Happy Simming!

And to start us off I'd like to share my Perfect Garden from the Gallery.

Thanks so much to samhui1230 for the original beautiful lot. I turned it into a perfect garden now available for download. There is a base game version and also a version with Outdoor Retreat plants. The lot is coded as residential but you can easily turn it into a National Park. There is also a basement. I turned it into a rec center and it seems very popular with my neighborhood sims.

Right now I have mine coded as a National Park which only requires a grill, trash can, and picnic table. Once we get the new neighborhoods I might move it to a larger lot and change it to a Park.

Lot_zpsiahj6qu2.png

Perfect%20Garden%20Base%20Game_zpsqru9wygb.png

My origin id is SIMGIRL1010.

ETA: I wanted to add if there are any disrespectful comments please just ignore or report if necessary. Thanks!
Post edited by simgirl1010 on

Comments

• simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
    edited June 2015
    @ HarmonySims280. She's a beauty! What's her name? Congrats on the Tumblr! I started a blog a few months ago but haven't really had time to get it up and running.
    Astro wrote: »
    I wish I could build... :'(

I've tried, I failed. :D

I can't build either. Which I why I downloaded and modified that lot. :p So grateful to all the awesome builders out there.
    Can you believe I've not encountered any aliens since GTW was released? My surrent sim is now working in the science career so maybe I'll finally get to meet one. Do you have a link for your Tumblr?
  • Simulator4Simulator4 Posts: 652 Member
    Great idea for a thread. Looking forward to seeing what everyone's doing in their game.
  • WaxingCrescent05WaxingCrescent05 Posts: 577 Member
    Lovely thread. Leah is gorgeous. I'm tempted to start my own Simblr (assuming people still call them that) but I haven't used Tumblr in at least a few years and I'm not sure I'd be good at it. Will post some of my game pics soon. :)
    Follow my Simblr at FauntleroySims, or my Twitter @fauntleroysims! I'm kind of a noob to social media rn XD
    Origin ID: Eve0053
    Windows 10 Home 64 bit - Intel Core i7-6700K 4GHz (8 CPUs) - 16GB RAM - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB Dedicated VRAM - Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB
    Can you believe I've not encountered any aliens since GTW was released? My surrent sim is now working in the science career so maybe I'll finally get to meet one. Do you have a link for your Tumblr?

Sent it to you in a PM.

There are more than likely already aliens working in the lab with your current Sim. If you are really curious, you can always install the debug mod. You can click on the other Sim and find out what their hidden traits are, this will include if they are aliens or not. I have no idea how you would normally discover aliens, lol.

I didn't even realize some of her coworkers might be Aliens! think I'll wait and be surprised. She sim has the incredibly friendly reward trait so she learns sims' traits pretty quickly.
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member

In the science career you will definitely meet aliens. ;) Love the house and garden.

@harmony, the last pic is so cute.

Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • CipherMandyCipherMandy Posts: 524 Member
    Love the idea of this thread! Great idea, @simgirl1010 . :smile: Oh, and I am in love with your garden. I will be downloading soon.

I come here to share my sims, story, and whatever else I can think of with my fellow simmers. I love seeing the gorgeous sims, houses, and families everyone creates. Plus, I like getting to know people and joke around on the activity page. Can't wait to see what everyone is doing in your game!

Fingers and toes crossed this thread stays happy.
    I'm a huge fan of @HarmonySims280's Leah!

Last night and today, I'm playing as Aliens for the first time. I moved three of them in together (with Vladimir Putin, who had lots of empty bedrooms), and I'm mostly playing with the one I'd found in town first, partly because he's off work (he's a Lawn Mower, and the others work in Culinary and Science).

My Aliens seem so handsome out of disguise, so they might end up that way more than not. The Alien makeup is beautiful, mostly. I love the Alien voices when they're not in disguise! And the Alien secret handshake is cute. I have no idea why one of my three has a Simray and the others don't! But he can do all the things with it, without having to put it in an invention constructor first! I don't know what's supposed to happen with the Transform on a person? But it's flashy, at least.

Sims seem to be awfully good at seeing through his disguise. I was hoping some would be dolts and not notice he was an Alien when he *wasn't* disguised, but no such luck yet. BUT, they also aren't all angry about discovering an Alien - some of them think it's cool and get all Confident. The only thing I wish so far is that they had special Alien recipes, so I'm off to suggest that in the Ideas Corner!

Oh - and one of my Aliens sat down to watch TV on his own, and it was the Alien channel, and it made him homesick. :very sad face:

I'll have to remember to turn the sound on. 99% of the time I have it turned off. Have always played that way.
  • Raynic781Raynic781 Posts: 205 Member
    This a great thread! I'll have to take some pictures and post them here!
    I also started a tumblr recently. The game is more fun when you're posting about it for some reason, lol.

Here are my girls:
    tumblr_inline_np4hitGHxR1tv1ptm_500.png
    tumblr_inline_npcem5xuQP1tv1ptm_500.png
    tumblr_inline_np7a1vutJW1tv1ptm_500.png

Your girls are so cute. Love the expression on the sim's face in the second pic. Are they roommates? Related?
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    Those giant green babies. I've been feeling feverish this last half-hour. If I dream about giant green babies floating in space, at least I'll know why?
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited June 2015
    @Scobre The giant baby rises again! Whatever happened to that thread, anyways? I laughed so hard seeing all the screens there.

And....booo on being mean to Sims. I don't let mine die, they're immortal (till I send them off into obscurity because I get bored with them, lol).
    I don't know, but yes I loved Bon's thread. I had so much fun making baby pictures for it. I had to test the reactions in the game plus yeah I've been deviant towards my Sims since the Sims 1. I used to set rockets off in my houses all the time in that game. I think that's one of the first things I like doing in the Sims games is experiencing all the different ways Sims can die. I have yet to see death by anger. Making silly pictures does make me happy. I forgot there is a picture of my dead cow plant in the cake picture.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
    edited June 2015
    Those giant green babies. I've been feeling feverish this last half-hour. If I dream about giant green babies floating in space, at least I'll know why?
    Well only one of the triplets is green. I took this picture too.
    04-29-15_4-04nbspPM-2_zpsa74oxtw6.png
    I think I was just having so much fun using the no-crib mod with my game. I could place babies everywhere, it was fun. I got to a point that enlarging babies, I almost lost them because they were so big and I was zoomed out to the max, all I could see were the legs. I hope you don't have any nightmares. But yes I was inspired by the Pigs in Space from the Muppets for making the baby pictures. I loved that show when I was little.

I hope you feel better soon. I've been fighting a fever and flu myself.
    Post edited by Scobre on
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
    Scobre wrote: »
    Um...I'm a deviant Simmer, so killing my Sims and making funny pictures makes me happy.

It's interesting to see how everyone plays differently. :) In 15 years I've never had the nerve to deliberately kill a sim. When it happens by accident I always exit while saving.
    Scobre wrote: »
    Um...I'm a deviant Simmer, so killing my Sims and making funny pictures makes me happy.

It's interesting to see how everyone plays differently. :) In 15 years I've never had the nerve to deliberately kill a sim. When it happens by accident I always exit while saving.
    Usually I don't save, but yes sometimes the death just makes an interesting story. I know there was one Simmer sharing a picture of their Clue story. It was very good story to read.
  • Ulfric_GrimbrandUlfric_Grimbrand Posts: 681 Member
    I've killed off Sims intentionally ... and frequently. The Black Widow and Vengeful Diety achievements are easy. It's also a good way to get the ghost achievements with some dead Sims around :) . I did download some lots of remakes of the first three Goth homes. I turned that corner of Willow Creek into 4 Goth homes. It's looks pretty cool (in my opinion), and there are some really well built remodels in the gallery.
  • CharityHopeCharityHope Posts: 570 Member
    edited June 2015
    @simgirl1010 - I love your garden in the OP! It's very beautiful.

edit: typo
    edited June 2015
    I've killed off Sims intentionally ... and frequently. The Black Widow and Vengeful Diety achievements are easy. It's also a good way to get the ghost achievements with some dead Sims around :) . I did download some lots of remakes of the first three Goth homes. I turned that corner of Willow Creek into 4 Goth homes. It's looks pretty cool (in my opinion), and there are some really well built remodels in the gallery.

Love your user name. :) Reminds me of something out the Harry Potter series. I have Harry, Ron, and Hermione in my Oasis Springs neighborhood.