Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Comments

• Options
    HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    edited November 2015
    TS4 was a game designed for multiple platforms, not just for the PC. That's partly why it's a more than a bit watered down in comparison. So I agree that it's not in the same class as the previous versions of the game.
    The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
  • Options
    sweetface44sweetface44 Posts: 2,958 Member
    There is no clear reason why the sims 4 should have not been a stellar gaming experience. It should have never made anyone who plays this franchise want to ever go back to the previous versions. That's so backwards and stupid to buy a new version of a game and play it then want to play a older version. It's crazy never should be.. it's just makes no sense.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Shadoza2 wrote: »

Just wanted to point out here that that statement was retracted immediately after it was posted. The Maxis employee explained that he was only frustrated because commenters were asking about TS5 the very day that TS4 went live. That quote has been misused ever since.
    So, the lesson here is one most people heard growing up: Watch your mouth! Or keyboard, in this case.
    Yep sadly what is said on the internet can follow someone everywhere especially on social media.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    TS4 was a game designed for multiple platforms, not just for the PC. That's partly why it's a more than a bit watered down in comparison. So I agree that it's not in the same class as the previous versions of the game.
    You mean we got a half-baked game because some people want to play on a smartphone or tablet? Isn't that what Freeplay is for?
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,559 Member
    You mean we got a half-baked game because some people want to play on a smartphone or tablet? Isn't that what Freeplay is for?
    excuse me but would you mind rephrasing your post as i do not find the sims4 half bake thank you

If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    Anemone7Anemone7 Posts: 3,950 Member
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    This'll be the second EP this year. GTW came out in April.

Get Together is not part of TS4's first year. That ended in September.
  • Options
    excuse me but would you mind rephrasing your post as i do not find the sims4 half bake thank you
    Sure. Pick a synonym:

Incomplete
    Half-finished
    Fractional
    Partial
    Undone
    Fragmentary
  • Options
    blueturtleotterblueturtleotter Posts: 867 Member
    edited November 2015

PlayStation 4 games can use up to 8 GB of RAM. I highly doubt 4 was designed with next gen consoles in mind. If 4 is ever released on consoles, the game will technically be more advanced than the PC version as it will have access to almost twice as much RAM.
  • Options
    SennieSennie Posts: 2,708 Member
    I don't think The Sims 4 was made for multiple platforms, or if it was then I think that was a mistake. The Sims 3 was on platforms like Xbox and PS3 and as no more have been created for them I assume it didn't sell as well as Ea would have liked :) I've always thought that The Sims should always stay on Pc and shouldn't be moved to mobile or console. For me it's a Pc game and always will be :)
  • Options
    BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    I ask myself "why" too.. Theres so many amazing things they could have done with this game by looking back at sims 2 and 3.
    giphy.gif

• Options
    DarklingDarkling Posts: 6,327 Member
    Sure. Pick a synonym:

Incomplete
    Half-finished
    Fractional
    Partial
    Undone
    Fragmentary

<3<3<3<3<3

14785081519_9e388018bc_o.jpg
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,559 Member
    Sure. Pick a synonym:

Incomplete
    Half-finished
    Fractional
    Partial
    Undone
    Fragmentary

do not need to you need to realise the game is complete and for me it is and witch each gamepacks stuff packs and patchs the sims4 gets better
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    Sure. Pick a synonym:

Incomplete
    Half-finished
    Fractional
    Partial
    Undone
    Fragmentary

do not need to you need to realise the game is complete and for me it is and witch each gamepacks stuff packs and patchs the sims4 gets better
    tumblr_n1pqftmEwE1qlujrso3_250.gif
  • Options
    MaddannaMaddanna Posts: 127 Member
    Guys....let's not get into a fickle over difference of opinion. If the game isn't half baked to you stating that to another poster who has that view won't change their mind. Further more you're taking an offensive position when you directly ask the poster to rephrase when they have said exactly what they meant. State your opinion in a civil way and let's all do our part in keeping the threads a civil place for the rest of the community to take part in. :)
  • Options
    azxcvbnm321azxcvbnm321 Posts: 532 Member
    Look, for those of you who don't understand, let me be as concise as possible. It is NOT ok for Maxis to change the genre of the Sims series. The Sims was a SANDBOX simulator. What made the Sims revolutionary in the first place was the lack of "win states". Meaning that you couldn't win, or that "winning" wasn't something that the game dealt with. The game didn't tell you what to do, it allowed you to do what you wanted and gave you the tools to do so.

Sims 4 is not a sandbox simulator. We are given goals and objectives to complete so that we can unlock items, but why? Why are these items locked in the first place? It's like someone locking away paint brushes in an art classroom. Why take away some of our tools that we could have used to create our sandbox stories?

Sorry but it is not OK to change the focus of an entire series. It is perfectly reasonable for us to be upset by such a drastic move! Imagine that you go into McDonalds for a Big Mac, only to discover that the Big Mac is no longer a hamburger but a cold sandwich instead! You expected a hamburger because the Big Mac has always been a hamburger, but then someone says, get over it, it would be boring if they kept the Big Mac the same. Well fine, add some innovations, but KEEP IT A HAMBURGER! Call me crazy for wanting the Sims to be a sandbox game!!! Call me unreasonable that I expect a sequel to be in the same genre, the same category as the games before it! I and others have every right and reason to be upset and disgusted with this sham of a Sims game.
  • Options
    MaddannaMaddanna Posts: 127 Member
    Look, for those of you who don't understand, let me be as concise as possible. It is NOT ok for Maxis to change the genre of the Sims series. The Sims was a SANDBOX simulator. What made the Sims revolutionary in the first place was the lack of "win states". Meaning that you couldn't win, or that "winning" wasn't something that the game dealt with. The game didn't tell you what to do, it allowed you to do what you wanted and gave you the tools to do so.

Sims 4 is not a sandbox simulator. We are given goals and objectives to complete so that we can unlock items, but why? Why are these items locked in the first place? It's like someone locking away paint brushes in an art classroom. Why take away some of our tools that we could have used to create our sandbox stories?

Sorry but it is not OK to change the focus of an entire series. It is perfectly reasonable for us to be upset by such a drastic move! Imagine that you go into McDonalds for a Big Mac, only to discover that the Big Mac is no longer a hamburger but a cold sandwich instead! You expected a hamburger because the Big Mac has always been a hamburger, but then someone says, get over it, it would be boring if they kept the Big Mac the same. Well fine, add some innovations, but KEEP IT A HAMBURGER! Call me crazy for wanting the Sims to be a sandbox game!!! Call me unreasonable that I expect a sequel to be in the same genre, the same category as the games before it! I and others have every right and reason to be upset and disgusted with this sham of a Sims game.

And Maxis has been defending your right to voice that opinion, 'to keep yelling' at them. You shouldn't have to defend your right to state that in the presence of 'satisfied customers'. I don't think they're even trying to understand or that they don't understand. What I don't understand is the continuous assault on POV's, how is it beneficial?
  • Options
    SennieSennie Posts: 2,708 Member

When it comes to games a sequel won't always be the same. They can make massive adjustments to graphics and systems when it comes to games and that's exactly what they have done with The Sims 4. They changed it, new graphics, new game engine, new Sims with emotions. Why did they change it? Who knows. It might be because so many people complained that The Sims 3 was laggy and buggy or it might just be because Ea/Maxis wanted to take a different road with The Sims 4 :)

I don't think you're being unreasonable :) I think you're expressing your opinion and like you when I first saw The Sims 4 I wasn't keen. Since then I have accepted it and actually found that I quite like it. I'm aware that many people do not like The Sims 4, that's fine with me but what I don't like is how some Simmers feel they have to target people who play or prefer The Sims 4 (I'm not saying you do though) :) I like it when people express their opinions because I like seeing everybody's view on the different Sims games but I don't like it when they take their opinions too far or over the top.

I play The Sims 4 and do like it, but I don't dislike or judge others who prefer The Sims 1, 2 or 3 rather than 4 :)

Love and hugs <3
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member

Why should they have to rephrase? @SweetieKaye feels the game is half baked. It's not a slam at you, they are stating how they feel about the game. Imagine someone who dislikes the game asking you to rephrase one of your "I love the Sims 4" posts.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    edited November 2015
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    Haids5987 wrote: »
    Ugggghhhhhhhh. People, seriously. I remember these exact same complaints from when TS3 was released. Slow loading. Hard for Sims to build relationships. Buggy, laggy, etc.

I know that TS4 isn't perfect, believe me. I have my own personal gripes with it as well. But I have been on these forums since the original The Sims website, and I can tell you that every time a sequel is produced, Simmers have delusions of grandeur from the previous installment, that "there were never complaints" about X, Y, and Z before, and that "we never had these problems before," etc, etc, etc.

I dug through some of my old posts and I even found a thread from 2011 that an unhappy TS3 Simmer made about possibly writing angry letters to EA, and I don't even think it had been 2 years since TS3 had been released. So relax. Chug from the juice keg. Paint a masterpiece. Know that there are bumps and bruises with every new installment. And remember that when (if) TS5 comes out, there will be a whole new bag of complaints and frustrations and deluded comparisons from TS4 to TS5.
    That topic lasted one page. You have more?

Nope. Digging through 5 years worth of threads is not fun. I was just giving an example.
    Yes. An example of a one page long thread of complaining (about glitches and bugs as far as I can see by the way, totally with them on that one), including you. Not convinced, sorry ;)

I did a google search and found these on the first page. There were a lot of complaints about the sims 3 but, we do forget.
    the last site I found the comments to sound like the comments made about the sims 4.
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/464189.page
    http://snootysims.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=29322
    http://www.ign.com/boards/threads/any-complaints-about-the-sims-3.180903925/
    http://www.snootysims.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=29322&start=20
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/COMPLAINT-SIMS-3/td-p/1364622
    http://www.consumeraffairs.com/entertainment/ea-games.html
    http://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/the-sims-3-missouri-c210524.html
  • Options
    There are a lot of the same type of complaints about Sims 3 because people noticed an ominous change in the direction of the game to be more goal oriented and less player driven. There was an uproar over World Adventures, an EP I happen to like, but at least World Adventures gave us a whole bunch of new plants and three new skills including nectar making, one of my favorites.

People are now very frustrated because they've been telling Maxis since the first Sims 3 EP. We want more interactions and more ways to "do stuff" plus more ways to build and create. Sims 4 isn't even in the same genre as predecessors like as SImCity2013 wasn't. Now we are very afraid that Maxis will announce, like they did with SimCity, that they'll never create another life simulator game again.
  • Options
    budewarminbudewarmin Posts: 371 Member
    There are a lot of the same type of complaints about Sims 3 because people noticed an ominous change in the direction of the game to be more goal oriented and less player driven. There was an uproar over World Adventures, an EP I happen to like, but at least World Adventures gave us a whole bunch of new plants and three new skills including nectar making, one of my favorites.

People are now very frustrated because they've been telling Maxis since the first Sims 3 EP. We want more interactions and more ways to "do stuff" plus more ways to build and create. Sims 4 isn't even in the same genre as predecessors like as SImCity2013 wasn't. Now we are very afraid that Maxis will announce, like they did with SimCity, that they'll never create another life simulator game again.

I wasn't aware they anounced the last Simcity being indeed the last Simcity ever??
  • Options
    DarklingDarkling Posts: 6,327 Member
    edited November 2015
    jimmysnan wrote: »
    Ugggghhhhhhhh. People, seriously. I remember these exact same complaints from when TS3 was released. Slow loading. Hard for Sims to build relationships. Buggy, laggy, etc.

I know that TS4 isn't perfect, believe me. I have my own personal gripes with it as well. But I have been on these forums since the original The Sims website, and I can tell you that every time a sequel is produced, Simmers have delusions of grandeur from the previous installment, that "there were never complaints" about X, Y, and Z before, and that "we never had these problems before," etc, etc, etc.

I dug through some of my old posts and I even found a thread from 2011 that an unhappy TS3 Simmer made about possibly writing angry letters to EA, and I don't even think it had been 2 years since TS3 had been released. So relax. Chug from the juice keg. Paint a masterpiece. Know that there are bumps and bruises with every new installment. And remember that when (if) TS5 comes out, there will be a whole new bag of complaints and frustrations and deluded comparisons from TS4 to TS5.
    That topic lasted one page. You have more?

Nope. Digging through 5 years worth of threads is not fun. I was just giving an example.
    Yes. An example of a one page long thread of complaining (about glitches and bugs as far as I can see by the way, totally with them on that one), including you. Not convinced, sorry ;)

I did a google search and found these on the first page. There were a lot of complaints about the sims 3 but, we do forget.
    the last site I found the comments to sound like the comments made about the sims 4.
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/464189.page
    http://snootysims.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=29322
    http://www.ign.com/boards/threads/any-complaints-about-the-sims-3.180903925/
    http://www.snootysims.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=29322&start=20
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/COMPLAINT-SIMS-3/td-p/1364622
    http://www.consumeraffairs.com/entertainment/ea-games.html
    http://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/the-sims-3-missouri-c210524.html

Did you actually read these threads/articles? Just because the terms "TS3" and "complaints" kicked up a search result on Google doesn't mean that they are all hardcore complaints about TS3.

First Link: Complaint about a TS3 Demo/Teaser that they had out.

Second Link: A thread criticizing the people who had the gall to complain about the unfinished and pirated copy of TS3 that they illegally downloaded before release.

Fourth Link: The second page of the above thread.

Sixth Link: Deals with EA's questionable customer service with regards to all of their offerings, TS3 being mentioned alongside many other games and services.

...now the people from the seventh link I gotta admit just straight up hated TS3! :D
    14785081519_9e388018bc_o.jpg
  • Options
    Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    Jarsie9 wrote: »
    This isn't a new game. This is a game that was made for Achievers who like ticking things off a list and being told what to do. Players don't rule and don't control in The Sims 4. Instead, the game tells players what they must do if they want their Sim ton succeed in a career, especially the open careers.

The game tells players the kind of furniture they must have in a community lot such as a bar, or else the game won't recognize the lot unless that checklist has been met. Heck, I could open a bar simply by putting the objects in and nothing else on an open plot of land, no walls or anything...and it would be a bar as long as the list was checked off.

I have a lot more leeway even in The Sims 2 for creating a Community Lot.

As far as "Get Together" is concerned....I have a feeling even the Clubs will be limited to checklists and to-do lists...and they won't be nearly as open-ended as they should be. It'll be just another case of..."Oh, we never thought of this"...or..."That detail didn't occur to us." Just like they didn't think that when a Sim retires from one of the open careers they immediately lose skills and access to objects they had legitimately earned, but can no longer use. Limiting, much?

This might as well be just another tablet game.
    Where do we have lists what to do? I do what I want in the game I don't follow a list or task sheet.

So, when you build a bar or a lounge, you put in whatever furniture you feel like it, and ignore the requirements that the game demands that you put in your bar so that it can actually be recognized by the game as a bar? You actually build a spa and don't put in whatever it requires such as a massage table? Oh, but then, those aren't exactly lists...those are guidelines.

And, I suppose your police officer, your doctor or your scientist ignores the task lists they're supposed to tick off as they do them so that they can make the most money. But, of course, that's what motherlode is for. The truth of the matter is that you can't build your bar, your lounge, your spa, your gym, your museum or whatever without putting in *every* object that it tells you to put in, or your community lot will be considered unfinished. Whereas, in the Sims 2, I can go into a community lot, and not a list in sight. Ditto for the Sims 3, except for the zoning. But even if your community lot is zoned as a hangout, there's no required furniture....just whatever your mind envisions and what common sense tells you should be there (such as a bathroom). As a side-note, I recently remodeled the big shopping mall that comes with Open For Business after I stuck it in Pleasantview. It now has a small bowling alley and a little arcade and geek section where Sims can have a LAN gaming session. And, not a list in sight. Sheer bliss.

Deny all you want, but you don't do exactly what you want in the game...because, in doing what you want, you end up satisfying the list, to the point where you eventually satisfy all the tasks required of you when playing your open career Sim, or going on a date with your Sim. And, every once in a while, you actually earn a reward along the way, even though you're doing your own thing, because you somehow or another managed to tick every item on that to-do list.
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    budewarmin wrote: »

I wasn't aware they anounced the last Simcity being indeed the last Simcity ever??

It was in an interview where Maxis said they didn't plan on making another city simulator game. SimCity 2013 was not a city simulator, it was...a monstrosity, no one was really sure what it was, but it tried to incorporate RPG type missions that you could do to unlock buildings and stuff. Maxis admitted that they didn't want to make a city simulator game like Sim City 4, which is why they called the newest version SimCity2013, it was a reboot, not a sequel.
  • Options
    BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    Sure. Pick a synonym:

Incomplete
    Half-finished
    Fractional
    Partial
    Undone
    Fragmentary

love that!
    D9jhY90.gif[img][/img]
    giphy.gif