Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Comments

• Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Haids5987 wrote: »
    Ugggghhhhhhhh. People, seriously. I remember these exact same complaints from when TS3 was released. Slow loading. Hard for Sims to build relationships. Buggy, laggy, etc.

I know that TS4 isn't perfect, believe me. I have my own personal gripes with it as well. But I have been on these forums since the original The Sims website, and I can tell you that every time a sequel is produced, Simmers have delusions of grandeur from the previous installment, that "there were never complaints" about X, Y, and Z before, and that "we never had these problems before," etc, etc, etc.

I dug through some of my old posts and I even found a thread from 2011 that an unhappy TS3 Simmer made about possibly writing angry letters to EA, and I don't even think it had been 2 years since TS3 had been released. So relax. Chug from the juice keg. Paint a masterpiece. Know that there are bumps and bruises with every new installment. And remember that when (if) TS5 comes out, there will be a whole new bag of complaints and frustrations and deluded comparisons from TS4 to TS5.

You're my favorite right now.
    :blush: I just think it's funny that these puppies who have only played TS3 and TS4 make these grand statements comparing the 2 games, when they don't even realize how far we have come from where we started. People hated the open neighborhood initially in TS3. There were fierce plummings about how slow it was, about the rabbit holes, how they hated that their Sims just disappeared inside a building. So EA listened and put out Ambitions, so Simmers could follow their Sims to work. Guess what? People plummed about that one too! "It's boring! It's repetitive! It's not challenging enough!" Blah blah blah blah BLAH. Bottom line?

Haters be hating.

The population will never be happy with the Sims franchise BECAUSE of its evolution. No sequel is an exact copy of the previous installment (and we'd complain if it was), and humans fear change. Like I said, I by no means think that TS4 is the best sequel produced. But I just know that after all the EPs are released and TS5 comes out, there will be yet another mass outbreak of angry threads.

Oh here we go 'haters' again. Any argument you have loses all potency if you have to resort to name calling and insults. Wherever you stand on the game.
    The funny thing is, they are one of the 'haters' in that topic ;)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    sophtasticsophtastic Posts: 610 Member
    @Mightydan I agree, I think the game is being put together perfectly well !

they are listening to people because people wanted better jobs and more gameplay for party players, I for one know a lot of people are in love with a lot of the packs they've introduced to go alongside the Sims 4, but if you like Sims 1 & 2 of course you are entitled to your own opinion o:)
    toddddddllleeeeerrrrrrrssss
    tumblr_n0qwctD0MN1sb146lo1_400.gif
  • Options
    Haids5987Haids5987 Posts: 8,465 Member
    Hey, guess what? The world isn't Rainbow MagicLand (that's an amusement park). People disliking things isn't negativity, but describing them as "haters" because they dare not to share your tastes sure is.
    I'm not sure when I explained my tastes, but I am describing the truth. It has nothing to do with how I Sim, or how other people do. All I'm saying is that people WILL complain, no matter what. It's not a matter of personal taste, it's just how it is.
    signature2.png?ssl=1&w=450
    **Also known as EmeraldCityTaurus***
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    And if the sims 4 was an exact replica of past games people would complain about that as well.

I would be one who would complain if it replicated past games.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    Ugggghhhhhhhh. People, seriously. I remember these exact same complaints from when TS3 was released. Slow loading. Hard for Sims to build relationships. Buggy, laggy, etc.

I know that TS4 isn't perfect, believe me. I have my own personal gripes with it as well. But I have been on these forums since the original The Sims website, and I can tell you that every time a sequel is produced, Simmers have delusions of grandeur from the previous installment, that "there were never complaints" about X, Y, and Z before, and that "we never had these problems before," etc, etc, etc.

I dug through some of my old posts and I even found a thread from 2011 that an unhappy TS3 Simmer made about possibly writing angry letters to EA, and I don't even think it had been 2 years since TS3 had been released. So relax. Chug from the juice keg. Paint a masterpiece. Know that there are bumps and bruises with every new installment. And remember that when (if) TS5 comes out, there will be a whole new bag of complaints and frustrations and deluded comparisons from TS4 to TS5.
    That topic lasted one page. You have more?

Nope. Digging through 5 years worth of threads is not fun. I was just giving an example.
  • Options

Nope. Digging through 5 years worth of threads is not fun. I was just giving an example.
    Yes. An example of a one page long thread of complaining (about glitches and bugs as far as I can see by the way, totally with them on that one), including you. Not convinced, sorry ;)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    Hey, guess what? The world isn't Rainbow MagicLand (that's an amusement park). People disliking things isn't negativity, but describing them as "haters" because they dare not to share your tastes sure is.
    I'm not sure when I explained my tastes, but I am describing the truth. It has nothing to do with how I Sim, or how other people do. All I'm saying is that people WILL complain, no matter what. It's not a matter of personal taste, it's just how it is.
    I was referring to the comment about things being made negative simply because not everyone is over the moon with the game and its puzzle pieces.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options

Yes. An example of a one page long thread of complaining (about glitches and bugs as far as I can see by the way, totally with them on that one), including you. Not convinced, sorry ;)

All good. You have a right to your opinion just like I do.
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    And if the sims 4 was an exact replica of past games people would complain about that as well.

But yet still noone has come forward with sources of where people have said all they want is an exact or 'carbon' copy of previous games @pepperjax1230 in all my time here I've never seen it but it's often thrown around like it's the real reason why people are disappointed. It's not. They are disappointed because they've not been catered to because the team wasted two thirds of the development time and budget on an online game they never released. According to them it was not a design choice to release unfinished because they said it was unfinished. If they meant it to be that bare those statements wouldn't have been made at all.
  • Options
    Sim_LucentSim_Lucent Posts: 689 Member

I would be too. In fact.. majority of people I have discussed with about this game would be.

Every new iteration of this game has brought something new forward.

Sims 2 brought toddlers, teens, aging, etc.. How amazing is that?
    Sims 3 brought open world, CASt, etc.. again, also amazing -- granted, it didn't work for everyone given their system, and I can see why it wasn't well received.

Sims 4 brought forward emotions. The concept would have been really cool -- except, again, it is borked in a lot of people's game. So having this borked system, and also losing a LOT of content people loved that were included in at least the last two iterations (toddlers, NPC people, etc).. it really does feel like a puzzle.

Except worse.. because it's like I purchased a puzzle that was missing half the pieces, and now I have to buy the extra content just to make it work right. It's good they've patched ghosts, pools, the repairmen, etc. in for free.. but they still have a long way to go.

To each their own, I guess. I'll just go back to my 'hater' corner and do my hatin'.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Options

But yet still noone has come forward with sources of where people have said all they want is an exact or 'carbon' copy of previous games @pepperjax1230 in all my time here I've never seen it but it's often thrown around like it's the real reason why people are disappointed. It's not. They are disappointed because they've not been catered to because the team wasted two thirds of the development time and budget on an online game they never released. According to them it was not a design choice to release unfinished because they said it was unfinished. If they meant it to be that bare those statements wouldn't have been made at all.
    Exactly. In fact the one thing I do like about Sims 4, is that it's very different from Sims 3. If it wouldn't there would be absolutely no reason for me to play it. But the way it is, I am able to enjoy some details in it that make it different from my Sims 3 experience, which means I can play them both.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member

I mean like EP and SP there are things I would love to see return and there are others I wouldn't. But we should all get what we want from this game like toddlers and other core features that are missing. Those are the things that are not making the game for most people live up to its potential that we all know the game could be the best sims game.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    I wouldn't want a replica of the past games either, but I also don't like puzzle piecing games together. I enjoy puzzle games, but this is not my idea of one.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options

All good. You have a right to your opinion just like I do.
    It was rather an observation than an opinion ;)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    Anemone7Anemone7 Posts: 3,950 Member
    I'm really glad they're looking for new ideas and making sure this game isn't a replica of the other games. If I would get the exact same things I could play Sims 2 or 3 if I wanted to. Like Ponder the Sim said, if Sims 4 were the same as the others people would've be mad again.

Sims 4 is a game where new things are tried out and I love this game for that, it feels different and fun. If you really dislike the sims 4 that much, i'd advice you to play the other games or wait for sims 5 to come, since Sims 4 is doing great there will probably be a sequel.

Besides, Get Together is what people asked for, more group activities, new world, 64x64 lots and new ways to bond with your sims (club system). You don't need to make everything so negative. :blush:

But the Sims 4 is a replica of any other sims game. Just one missing a lot. That doesn't count for trying out new things. Neither does a half-EP.
  • Options
    SennieSennie Posts: 2,708 Member
    edited November 2015
    That's a shame so many Simmers don't like The Sims 4 :( I know they've removed a lot but I am still a fan of The Sims 4. I find that even though they have removed a lot of features and content, like toddlers, The Sims 4 still has some great features itself like the new CAS and Build Mode. But of course The Sims 3 has some incredible features and content itself! =)
    Post edited by Sennie on
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    Sennie wrote: »
    That's a shame so many Simmers don't like The Sims 4 :( I know they're removed a lot but I am still a fan of The Sims 4. I find that even though they have removed a lot of features and content, like toddlers, The Sims 4 still has some great features itself like the new CAS and Build Mode. But of course The Sims 3 has some incredible features and content itself! =)
    For me it's not about 'I like Sims 3 better' by the way. There is this wind blowing here as if the only complaint is 'it's not Sims 3 or 2'. That's not it. If I start up a game and I enjoy myself and find it hard to quit playing I'm satsfied. That's all I ask. I can say I miss CASt, but it's perfectly possible I start a game like this one day (hope there'll be one) without it and bother much less than I do now. It's Sims 4 that's not holding my attention, not the fact it's not Sims 3 or 2. Because nobody orders me to just play one game.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    gamekittengamekitten Posts: 2,606 Member
    It is a big puzzle in many ways that I will not even begin to explain. I do not want a replica of the older versions.. What I want is a sandbox game in Sims and for them to build off the older versions but add those new WOW factors..They did not have to go so far off the mark of the previous series..Who does that anyways without some kind of fallout (many AAA games tried and got negative feedback more than positive).. There is data out there to learn from..

I could say exactly the problem is.. old gamer here... It has happened with WoW, and other good games.. and in the end it loses customers..But I will not chance offending people.. The dev team took Sims 4 in the direction that WoW went...It remains to be seen how well Sims 4 does in this direction..

For me they have to add something that wows me and keep out the things that existed in paid dlc (I refuse to buy pieces of the puzzles that were free in the older versions)...I do follow the Sims 4 news and waiting for reviews on all their SP, GP, and EP..as little as they give for the price..

• Options
    I like that. Well put @JoAnne65 =)
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I just hope toddlers, more NPCs, more careers, freed babies, town editor, terrain tool, pond tool, and food processor are patched in. Toddlers are a priority request for me since if they are near the end of the life of the Sims 4, there won't be any extra content for them and they'll be boring, plus there probably won't be any supernatural toddlers either at that point. That would be sad to see.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    @Scobre I think EA will definitely add toddlers in to The Sims 4 in 2016 :) I also think more careers and features will follow through updates and new expansions and game packs as well! I still have a lot of hope left for The Sims 4 and still think it holds quite a lot of promising things :)
  • Options
    ironknight35ironknight35 Posts: 3,751 Member
    edited November 2015

And where did anyone say they wanted a carbon copy? Please link to any statements you've ever seen that what people are looking for is exactly the same. In all my time here I've never, ever, seen it but it seems to be an assumption you often use. I'd like to see where you get that from.

I'd like to know as well because I've never seen anyone say they want an exact copy as previous games either and I've been on this forum since before TS4 released...
    He/Him
  • Options
    Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member

And where did anyone say they wanted a carbon copy? Please link to any statements you've ever seen that what people are looking for is exactly the same. In all my time here I've never, ever, seen it but it seems to be an assumption you often use. I'd like to see where you get that from.

I believe they are referring to OP stating that previous games could have been used as a mold. In addition, many players are saddened by features that were in previous games but not this one. So maybe carbon copy is a bit of a leap, but I understand where they are coming from. People want the same features at the expense of old features.

However, if it were the other way around and all features were copied over and no new feature were added, I'm sure people would be just as upset.

She said 'exact replica'. Using previous games as a reference should be part and parcel of a sequel.

I don't believe that would ever happen btw ;) All the bases managed to be different but also an upgrade in several ways to try to innovate. Not so for TS4. It's regressed in many ways and only made small improvements.

If only The Sims 2 and The Sims 3 made the same small improvements that make me love The Sims 4, then I'd personally still be playing them as my main games. And in my opinion The Sims 4 is an upgrade in multiple ways, if you want an explanation for this, just look around in the forums, people have commented how they think the game has improved in several ways many times.
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • Options
    Prink34320 wrote: »

I believe they are referring to OP stating that previous games could have been used as a mold. In addition, many players are saddened by features that were in previous games but not this one. So maybe carbon copy is a bit of a leap, but I understand where they are coming from. People want the same features at the expense of old features.

However, if it were the other way around and all features were copied over and no new feature were added, I'm sure people would be just as upset.

She said 'exact replica'. Using previous games as a reference should be part and parcel of a sequel.

I don't believe that would ever happen btw ;) All the bases managed to be different but also an upgrade in several ways to try to innovate. Not so for TS4. It's regressed in many ways and only made small improvements.

If only The Sims 2 and The Sims 3 made the same small improvements that make me love The Sims 4, then I'd personally still be playing them as my main games. And in my opinion The Sims 4 is an upgrade in multiple ways, if you want an explanation for this, just look around in the forums, people have commented how they think the game has improved in several ways many times.
    That's true. I've seen lists of those improvements, but most of what's listed leaves me indifferent or I even dislike it myself. And concerning gameplay I don't see any improvement at all. Toddlers, CASt and open world aside, that's my main issue with the game. That I don't like the overall structure and approach of the gameplay.
    When Sims 4 will prove to be a game with a solid and satisfied fanbase however, that will continue buying and playing it, then that on its own will justify its very existance.
    5JZ57S6.png