Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

why???

Is ea piecing the sims 4 together like one huge puzzle? You would think that this was the first sim game ever made the way that they are so hit and miss mostly miss in this game. Why are they complicating this
Game? It's not like they didn't have the sims 1,and 2
To build from. They already had the perfect mold I truly don't get it.

Comments

• Options
    orrasfairyorrasfairy Posts: 224 Member
    You should check out this thread

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/858721/leaked-early-gameplay-of-the-sims-4-new-information/p1

I think it gives some good information on the original concept of the Sims 4 which might help explain why they're still adding base game like features(repairman NPC, jealousy tuning ect).
  • Options
    jessathemessajessathemessa Posts: 2,342 Member
    And if the sims 4 was an exact replica of past games people would complain about that as well.

And where did anyone say they wanted a carbon copy? Please link to any statements you've ever seen that what people are looking for is exactly the same. In all my time here I've never, ever, seen it but it seems to be an assumption you often use. I'd like to see where you get that from.

I believe they are referring to OP stating that previous games could have been used as a mold. In addition, many players are saddened by features that were in previous games but not this one. So maybe carbon copy is a bit of a leap, but I understand where they are coming from. People want the same features at the expense of old features.

However, if it were the other way around and all features were copied over and no new feature were added, I'm sure people would be just as upset.
  • Options
    HopeinenHopeinen Posts: 316 Member
    Well when i first heard about the Sims 4 and eventually pre-ordered it the first change i got i was really expecting game similar to Sims 3 but just better, and it later turned out that it is more like something between the Sims 2 and Sims 3.

But as has been said a million times before, its quite likely that the failed online project dictated to a large degree how the Sims 4 would turn out to be.

Sims 4 seems to be more focused on the individual sims rather then the surroundings or customization and thats fine, its just not my cup of tea.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Is ea piecing the sims 4 together like one huge puzzle? You would think that this was the first sim game ever made the way that they are so hit and miss mostly miss in this game. Why are they complicating this

It's hard to hire good help these days. Most of the past teams are long gone. Yes, there are some who have been there for years and what they do is good like artists, but some have no idea what The Sims mean to people. Or they forget.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »

It's hard to hire good help these days. Most of the past teams are long gone. Yes, there are some who have been there for years and what they do is good like artists, but some have no idea what The Sims mean to people. Or they forget.

Also they seem to be set on having less engineers in the team this time round according to Graham (I think?) So may explain how slow things can take because like he said FX artists are limited to their discipline (Of course!).
  • Options
    Gabe_oz wrote: »

Or maybe they worked on an online game for three-four years, they were told to scrap it and turn it into a single player game in less than a year. Which explains why they are still adding content.

That sort of sounds like something else I keep hearing like after seven years, someone still can't solve some problems inside a large country. How long should people get to fix their problems? Just sayin'. Fifty Years? I don't know, I guess I'm from a different generation, who think if you are going to do something do it right the first time or don't do it at all. And from a different generation who don't hand out A's for trying, and or give ribbons to everyone for participating if they lost.

Maybe that's the problem with the game? > I might not be going with the flow. But once you own something (like responsible for a game a year later) I don't see me cutting you slack when you come back and tell me an old problem from a year and two months ago. I would fire you for that. lol (not you I mean examples in general).
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    Gabe_ozGabe_oz Posts: 1,880 Member
    No matter how many times you make these threads, it's not going to change anything. The sims 4 is supposed to be something new and unique, not a carbon copy of a previous game. And this is an issue with many simmers on this forum. They complain about how they want the sims 4 to be like 2/3, but won't bother to just play them instead of complaining about how 4 isn't the same.
  • Options
    DeandylanDeandylan Posts: 496 Member
    I personally would love a true sequel to the game. I agree they have 3 other games to look at to base this game off of. They've had years of simmers asking for so many things that this game could have been totally awesome and better than the others. Noone wants the exact same game 4 times. That would be crazy.
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    I'm really enjoying the ways in which this game is different from the ones I played for the previous 15 years! It's been a blast so far, and the add-ons have been fabulous :)

I wish I had that enthusiasm. I just can't say an ice cream machine which isn't rounded but supposed to me is 'fab'. Or a pool which doesn't even come with a diving board for the deep end, is fab. I don't know, fabulous would have to be fabulous for me to be jumping up and down.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,022 Member
    I'm really enjoying the ways in which this game is different from the ones I played for the previous 15 years! It's been a blast so far, and the add-ons have been fabulous :)

I wish I had that enthusiasm. I just can't say an ice cream machine which isn't rounded but supposed to me is 'fab'. Or a pool which doesn't even come with a diving board for the deep end, is fab. I don't know, fabulous would have to be fabulous for me to be jumping up and down.
    But everyone "fab" is different. My fab is seeing them cooking and trying out new recipes, or watching them use the pumpkin carver, your "fab" is a lot different, so the game might do that much to you, but it does to others (like me).

My fab is anything to do with cooking and gardening so the ice cream maker qualifies as fab for me.
  • Options
    synthsynth Posts: 407 Member
    edited November 2015
    And if the sims 4 was an exact replica of past games people would complain about that as well.

And where did anyone say they wanted a carbon copy? Please link to any statements you've ever seen that what people are looking for is exactly the same. In all my time here I've never, ever, seen it but it seems to be an assumption you often use. I'd like to see where you get that from.

I believe they are referring to OP stating that previous games could have been used as a mold. In addition, many players are saddened by features that were in previous games but not this one. So maybe carbon copy is a bit of a leap, but I understand where they are coming from. People want the same features at the expense of old features.

However, if it were the other way around and all features were copied over and no new feature were added, I'm sure people would be just as upset.

She said 'exact replica'. Using previous games as a reference should be part and parcel of a sequel.

I don't believe that would ever happen btw ;) All the bases managed to be different but also an upgrade in several ways to try to innovate. Not so for TS4. It's regressed in many ways and only made small improvements.

in my opinion the sims 3 was a huge step down from 2, and the sims 4 is a huge step up from 3. it's opinion.
    buy artpop on itunes
  • Options
    sweetface44sweetface44 Posts: 2,958 Member

It's does not to much to please new comers to this game because they don't know what's missing
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,742 Member
    But, it isn't exactly the same. What some of us desire, is to have the game we enjoy IMPROVED upon. For instance 4 has a wonderful CAS, and unlike many, I do enjoy the daily 'tasks' for work and having to skill and do homework to get the grade. Another improvement is not having to have a whole host of friends just to gain charisma. Charisma is something you're either born with or not. Doesn't mean it can't be honed as you grow and mature, but you're either charming, or you're not. If you're charming, friends will flock to you. Not the other way around.

But, it would also be nice to have the game play that was so much fun in 2, for instance. Doesn't mean they can't get creative and add a nice new twist. 3 gave us a better way for the adults to read to their little ones.

What some of us would like, is the best of all the iterations that came before the latest one. The EPs, SPs, (and in this case GPs) can be original, although like base games there's a few standards people want. Pets, Weather, etc.

Right now I'm finding it disappointing to go back to either 2 or 3 without some of what 4 offers.

You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/