Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Rumor: Toddlers are coming

Comments

• Options
    SennieSennie Posts: 2,708 Member
    I'd love to see both toddlers and pre-teens come to The Sims 4 :) *fingers crossed* that we get them in 2016!
  • Options
    Ponder the SimPonder the Sim Posts: 3,054 Member
    I'm betting they return in early 2016.
  • Options
    SimsFurSimsFur Posts: 1,998 Member
    I just cant get over it.. from a baby to child. Thats was one of the ugliest things from the sims 1. They gone 3 games back! 15 years back in time with on of the most important life simulation features.. what the heck.
  • Options
    iriefthiiriefthi Posts: 1,073 Member
    > @HausOfSuper said:
    > HOLY LLAMA
    >
    >
    >
    > "It was accidentally posted on Angelique Wilson Instagram (wife of EA's CEO) the first render where we can see toddlers."

WOW!!! Soooooo pretty!!
  • Options
    SimsFurSimsFur Posts: 1,998 Member
    jusMeh wrote: »
    iiimee wrote: »
    > @jusMeh said:
    > I used to think they were ugly too at first, then I learned how to use sliders.

I learned how to use them the second I had them- and guess what? I still wish I could murder those monsters... ugh...

LOL. Poor toddlers!! :D

The first time I saw toddlers in a TS3 trailer, I remember thinking: "oh no, I'm not getting this game. Can't get past the toddler's looks." It was that bad. I couldn't understand WHY they made their eyes so big and buggy?? And... yellowish like they had a bad case of jaundice?

I just got used to how all the sims looked after a while, and yeah, for me the sliders helped.

Haha true. But basically all the sims in ts3 were looking ugly. I remember how angry we all got over that and called them jelly sims. They didnt listen (again) and didnt change their look. I always had to download cc to make them look at least 'normal'.
    For the toddlers.. i remember how i created a handsome couple and then the child had a way too adult face for his age, just because my sims were handsome. I like jawlines and stuff, so the toddlers got that too. it wasnt realistic, but kind of funny if i think about it now.. not then.
    I do hope ts4 toddlers will have at least baby cheeks and dont have those big soulless eyes. I like the pic from ceo and i still think it was an experiment to see what our reactions would be if this is the look they are going for.
  • Options
    GaiaPumaGaiaPuma Posts: 2,278 Member
    I think toddlers will only come as part of an EP/GP is too big of a feature to just put in a patch randomly. Plus I was analyzing, sims EP always had this life progression:

Sims 2 - 1st you go to University to be able to get a career, then you go party and meet people and love in Nightlife, then you marry Open a Business and get Family Stuff for kids and teens (the Stuff Pack was released after OPen for Business) and get Pets to increase the family.

Sims 3 - You go on adventures and meet new people (World Adventures), life is wild since you are young and travelling alone, then you get a career with Ambitions, then you go party and find love with Late Night, maybe get famous and enjoy YA stage, then you get kids in Generations.

So sims 4 -
    Get to Work - you get a career
    Get Together - you are a young adult partying or finding who you are as an adult in society groups, you meet new people, go to pubs, discos, etc, get friends, maybe meet the love of your life in similar interest groups.

Future GP/EP - ?

The normal progression would make weird to get toddlers and pre teens as first or second EP if you can't even go out and meet friends and date and get a job to support your family. Getting to have babies and family first is not what most people do in life nowadays. Maybe 50 years ago or 100. When people married when they were 13-15. But usually now you have a period of getting to know people, get a job or advance in job before you start a family with kids, since having kids nowadays is so expensive (college, school, activities, health insurance, etc).
  • Options
    azxcvbnm321azxcvbnm321 Posts: 532 Member
    Interesting GaiaPuma. If Sims 4 progression follows your logic, then the next EP should feature some sort of dating or romantic love theme. Maybe even a young couple going to far away places (vacations) before they drop kids. I don't think either a dating or vacations EP will be welcomed very warmly though.
  • Options
    DarkslayerDarkslayer Posts: 9,074 Member
    edited November 2015
    #allgenerationsmatter

Seriously EA, get on it. Just because YA / A is the longest life state doesn't mean people like me don't still want unique experiences with children, teens and elders (I left out babies because at this point I don't believe they can be changed and IMO objects can't count).
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Bring back toddlers!

protest.gif
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    Ponder the SimPonder the Sim Posts: 3,054 Member
    #famersEPishigherpriorityforme
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    @GaiaPuma difference being the basics were there in previous games. TS4 doesn't have that luxury. It was released unfinished and so we have object babies and no toddlers so we can't even have a basic early years family experience. TS2 and TS3 both had babies and toddlers you could carry which made it seem it counted as a sim. TS4 babies are classed as an object in game. It's why they pop in to the inventory and your sim can't carry their baby to visit a friend or loved one.

I can wait for expansions if the core gameplay is solid and fun. Always did from TS1-3 as I preordered and never went back to older games. But I cannot play with potential that's not utilised.
  • Options
    SkewedReality04SkewedReality04 Posts: 1,450 Member
    I am the proud owner of a toddler, and sometimes toddlers can be jerks, they can take their time on getting me one for my game lol.
  • Options
    Sim_LucentSim_Lucent Posts: 689 Member
    Ah.. the golden days..
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Options
    Medhia_NoxMedhia_Nox Posts: 79 Member
    Why would you have to remember it?

Is Sims 3 removed from your computer?
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I am the proud owner of a toddler, and sometimes toddlers can be jerks, they can take their time on getting me one for my game lol.

I don't know. A jerk to me is someone who does something on purpose and or is a cunning, calculating individual who manipulates on purpose. I can't hardly see a toddler as a jerk. Because their brains aren't that developed to play you like a fiddle. They have no idea why you can walk and they can't.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    bythedreadwolfbythedreadwolf Posts: 832 Member
    Good times indeed. Ever since that render with the toddler leaked I can't stop imagining how cute they could be in TS4. Maybe even better than TS2's toddlers if EA really puts an effort into it. I think I'm going to write a letter to Santa this year. "Dear Santa, I've been a good little adult this year, please tell EA to bring back toddlers in 2016."
  • Options
    SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    I want them back! #bringbacktoddlers
  • Options
    TildeLTildeL Posts: 188 Member
    Yes! Good times back then :)
  • Options
    GaiaPumaGaiaPuma Posts: 2,278 Member
    edited November 2015
    @sparkfairy1

I think is not about luxury or not. The question is they won't release a huge life state (time intensive, dozens of new animations, re-coding for sims to be able to carry toddlers and multitask, etc) in a patch out of nowhere. It will have to be near or connected to a family pack or some related thing. And they would never release a Generation EP as first EP, from what we got from the history of sims packs. I am not saying if is fair or not, just saying what is the natural way EPs go.

And imo, sims 3 was not a solid core game, I had no fun with it besides the first new 5 hours with the open world. The interactions were uninspired to me, the sims were ugly and boring, specially babies and toddlers imo. They even used tons of sims 2 animations for sims 3.

It was so empty space huge area in the places the base game offered. If I want empty space to explore, I go play Skyrim or Oblivion.

• Options
    SkewedReality04SkewedReality04 Posts: 1,450 Member
    edited November 2015
    Cinebar wrote: »

I don't know. A jerk to me is someone who does something on purpose and or is a cunning, calculating individual who manipulates on purpose. I can't hardly see a toddler as a jerk. Because their brains aren't that developed to play you like a fiddle. They have no idea why you can walk and they can't.

Anyone who's a parent will understand why they can be "jerks" and I don't literally think she is one. I know my daughter doesn't do things purposely, I know they don't understand, it's parental humor.
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    I WANT toddlers so much!!! =) I have a real gut instinct (even more now) that we'll see toddlers appear in The Sims 4 in 2016! :) Though I would do anything to have them in the game right this second. As I said, The Sims games need toddlers without them The Sims really lacks family play :)

Also, that toddlers pink hat is so cuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuute! =)
  • Options
    I have a feeling we'll see toddlers around March/April 2016! :) Keep your fingers crossed everybody!!
  • Options
    CandyCadetCandyCadet Posts: 517 Member
    I don't think they were in MySims? This game is MySims 2 after all
  • Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    Meh. Teens are worse. I'd know. I'd non-hesitantly go back in time and smack my teenage self upside the head if I could.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    GaiaPuma wrote: »
    @sparkfairy1

I think is not about luxury or not. The question is they won't release a huge life state (time intensive, dozens of new animations, re-coding for sims to be able to carry toddlers and multitask, etc) in a patch out of nowhere. It will have to be near or connected to a family pack or some related thing. And they would never release a Generation EP as first EP, from what we got from the history of sims packs. I am not saying if is fair or not, just saying what is the natural way EPs go.

You've missed my point entirely. The point I was making is with the previous games the core was solid. We weren't missing life states or features from the game because the team 'ran out of time'. Just by this factor TS4 is a very different experience than other games and doesn't have the solid core so automatically doesn't follow an established pattern. I believe @SimGuru Graham has said you can't predict TS4 by previous release schedules anyway.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top