Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Your Opinions: Toddlers

YTSparklesYTSparkles Posts: 205 Member
edited October 2015 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
As a simmer I understand why people want toddlers, pets, weather etc. But I feel like simmers are too busy complaining about the stuff that we don't have and not exploring/enjoying the stuff that we are getting. I really like the stuff EA are bringing out, it it new and fresh but I want things to make appearances, like toddlers. Enough about the complaining and on to the fun stuff.

Toddlers
What do you want them to do? How do you want them to look? What will they do in CAS? What new traits or aspirations do you want? How would CC look on them? Add anything else you can think off, you are more creative then me... <3

*This post was edited because I was not happy how I worded it. I apologies to everyone who got angry at me. <3 Next time I will talk more time and think what I am posting.
Post edited by YTSparkles on

Comments

• Options
    PixelsimmerPixelsimmer Posts: 2,351 Member
    I want new things but I also want the good things from previous games back. This means I want weather, pets and more lifestages!
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    Uh oh...
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Fair points, but the 'silent treatment' sometimes leaves players feeling the need to be vocal about what they want

:disappointed:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    FatCatFatCat Posts: 1,741 Member
    The Simming team want to give us new content to explore so it is not boring.

In the real world they want to sell their product and make money :-)

Put dispenser hereanimaatjes-cupcake-13719.gif
  • Options
    halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    edited October 2015
    OP This game is about sims. The life stages in this game are a big mess. Do you expect people should not talk about them so you and others will not get annoyed?
    Sorry but I think like you are annoyed by the talk of toddlers other players are entitled to express their annoyance for the lack of them and specially when EA releases things that truly hardly anybody asked for.

The life stages is a core element in the game and messing with them is a huge fault. This is not an additional feature people are asking for, I do not consider it a missing feature either. This is a core element of the base game that still have not been released and it is NOT ACCEPTABLE.

Before releasing any further contents they should FIX the game and address the core elements that have been removed from the game. Until then every trailer they will release you will see/read all the same comments.
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    Ok, OP, say you went out and bought the latest model of a car you've been buying for ohh, the last fifteen years.

You find out it is missing some stuff like, say, the engine and the wheels, and maybe there are no doors. But they say the wheels are coming in the next few months, wont comment on the engine and had no idea you wanted doors for the thing, maybe they'll send out a survey to see if the majority wants doors this time around.

But in the meanwhile, with ear-to-ear grins and wide eyes they excitedly try to sell you a cool car stereo? Then furry seat covers? They're offering a fun stuff pack with a dangly air freshener, why aren't you excited!?!?!?!?!?! :D It's cool, fun stuff! The radio plays different stations than before and the seat covers come in FOUR fab colors!

Why are you not happy with your car, they're making so much fun stuff for it.
  • Options
    poisonedsodapoppoisonedsodapop Posts: 1,179 Member
    Lol at "ungrateful." We're paying customers who were told prior to launch there would be toddlers. Then we were told a bit before the game actually launched "nevermind, maybe later" and we were told "things change." Ok, understandably, game development is hard so I get it. But I, a customer who's money they want, am dissatisfied with their current offerings. So if I want to comment on a trailer (a comment I'm sure they'll never read) then I'm allowed to. I'm not gonna hurt their feelings. They know they goofed so maybe if they're reminded enough they'll remedy the problem. But seriously, ungrateful?! Maybe they're ungrateful for us cause they aren't trying to appease the toddler craving masses. That to me says they don't want my business by making it a priority. Maybe they'd reassure us or at least keep communication channels open on their forum. Maybe do more than give us vague statements about upcoming content. Their current methods aren't working too well for them.
    Hoping some day for some toddlers. But also dreading they'll never come. JK THEY ARE HERE!
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited October 2015
    Must be another new player who doesn't realize the name of the Game is "the Sims" and the toddlers are a Sims that in previous games was between the infant and the child so the ten year old did not look foolish like it does jumping out of a bassinet. I could see if we were wanting things, or stuff we had before - it's a life stage - there should be no baby with out them -so one of the main life stages - a base game staple - not even an ep or stuff pack item - Unbelievable! What does people not get that we - well many of us, cannot buy anything for the game until the game is complete. That would be like leaving Ron out of the Harry Potter series. Yep you could still play it, but would it be the same game with Ron missing? They have had our base game money now well over a year - I want the rest of my base game - the toddlers. We paid for them - were promised they'd be a priority, apparently we have not reminded them enough. It is not a want - it is a part of the game and one of the big parts of how I play my game - so I sit here out over hundred bucks with a game I can't play - for over a year and they are tired of hearing it when they just want stuff. At least they apparently can play their game because their play style was covered.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    edited October 2015
    Ok, OP, say you went out and bought the latest model of a car you've been buying for ohh, the last fifteen years.

You find out it is missing some stuff like, say, the engine and the wheels, and maybe there are no doors. But they say the wheels are coming in the next few months, wont comment on the engine and had no idea you wanted doors for the thing, maybe they'll send out a survey to see if the majority wants doors this time around.

But in the meanwhile, with ear-to-ear grins and wide eyes they excitedly try to sell you a cool car stereo? Then furry seat covers? They're offering a fun stuff pack with a dangly air freshener, why aren't you excited!?!?!?!?!?! :D It's cool, fun stuff! The radio plays different stations than before and the seat covers come in FOUR fab colors!

Most awesome analogy EVER.

edit - Also, the "ungrateful" thing is getting old. Really REALLY old. It's not ungrateful to be disappointed, or criticise a product you paid a large amount of money for. EA don't give us these games for free. I don't know where this ungrateful rubbish comes from.
    EA should be grateful to their customers, for continually buying their products, despite how lacking, stripped out bare bones they are, and their appalling customer service.
    Ungrateful my backside.
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    BabyCarrotzBabyCarrotz Posts: 950 Member
    Uh oh, stepped on a landmine. :s
    [img]https://a.disquscdn.com/get?url=http://stream1.🐸🐸🐸🐸.com%2Fview%2F667833%2Fnuclear-o.gif&key=-_NNQIyf7G37SpGLWHmYJQ[/img]

I want toddlers, but it doesn't mean that I want it right here right now and I wouldn't dismiss other packs or new contents just because they don't come with toddlers either. You have the options to choose or skip. I can wait no matter how long it takes as long as there are reasons to believe that toddlers will be added later on.
    PEEt1Hh.gif?1
  • Options
    TildeLTildeL Posts: 188 Member
    Can't you just ignore it? I mean, there's a reason people keep mentioning it and it probably won't stop - so just ignore it would be my advice.
  • Options
    bythedreadwolfbythedreadwolf Posts: 832 Member
    We don't want the same content as The Sims 3 or The Sims 2 etc because that would be boring and it would take the fun out of the game.

Disagree.

And I don't understand this mindset to be honest. It's ok to want new things, but it should be in addition to the old things. I want the good old seasons back, with weather in all worlds and the full 4 seasons and holidays, I want my cats and dogs, I want my sims to go to the University again, I want things like bowling, karaoke, etc. back even though we had it all in previous games. If we had only new things in TS4, then it wouldn't be The Sims anymore, because you need the basic things of life for it to be a life simulation game. And toddlers are a part of that, like it or not. But I guess it's easier to say stuff like that when it's something you don't like, isn't it? If it was your favorite lifestage missing I bet you wouldn't think this way.
  • Options
    ShimmyShimmyYaShimmyShimmyYa Posts: 545 Member
    edited October 2015
    You do realize that extra content costs the player extra money? We want it right the first time, since we're paying for it.

I prefer that the developers take their time and release a fully functioning, playable game.
    thnom_nom.gif

• Options
    Felicia1990Felicia1990 Posts: 248 Member
    QDog wrote: »
    I want new things but I also want the good things from previous games back. This means I want weather, pets and more lifestages!

Well said!
  • Options
    S1MSKA1S1MSKA1 Posts: 235 Member
    edited October 2015

Except that's a laughably overdramatic analogy. The car was not missing "wheels, an engine and doors". It had everything you needed to drive and was in fact, quite comfortable and efficient. But because it didn't come with free XM Radio and lacked extra space in the back that their previous giant, gas-guzzling vehicle had, people threw tantrums and declared the new car UNDRIVEABLE!
    WE WANT KOI PONDS FOR THE SIMS 4!
    OMG KOI PONDS!!!!
  • Options
    S1MSKA1 wrote: »

Except that's a laughably overdramatic analogy. The car was not missing "wheels, an engine and doors". It had everything you needed to drive and was in fact, quite well-built and comfortable. But because it didn't come with free XM Radio and lacked extra space in the back that their previous giant, gas-guzzling vehicle had, people threw tantrums and declared the new car UNDRIVEABLE!

Nope, I disagree. I don't find it laughably overdramatic at the least.

It is your opinion only that this version is complete as a base game, there are many others who will disagree. I am one.
  • Options
    S1MSKA1S1MSKA1 Posts: 235 Member
    edited October 2015
    S1MSKA1 wrote: »

Except that's a laughably overdramatic analogy. The car was not missing "wheels, an engine and doors". It had everything you needed to drive and was in fact, quite well-built and comfortable. But because it didn't come with free XM Radio and lacked extra space in the back that their previous giant, gas-guzzling vehicle had, people threw tantrums and declared the new car UNDRIVEABLE!

Nope, I disagree. I don't find it laughably overdramatic at the least.

It is your opinion only that this version is complete as a base game, there are many others who will disagree. I am one.

I'm sorry to hear that you can't even get the game to run on your computer. How do you know you don't like it when you've never played it?
    WE WANT KOI PONDS FOR THE SIMS 4!
    OMG KOI PONDS!!!!
  • Options
    I need an LOL button :D
  • Options
    AmericanSimStoryAmericanSimStory Posts: 60 Member
    edited October 2015
    Sorry, but I find what you just said to be nonsense. Sorry if that sounds rude. It's just, toddlers are not just some little feature that doesn't have much replayability. They're core life stages we've come to expect and define how a lot of us play. They didn't not include them because they wanted to work on new things that are "fun," they scrapped them because they ran out of time. They NEED to come back, they aren't even on the same level as optional packs like Pets. And, fun is different to everyone. For me, the fact that toddlers aren't here takes the fun out of the game for me. If you didn't want them and just wanted new things, you could ignore them and not play them. But by adding them, more players could be having fun with the game, not less.

Edit for spelling.
    Post edited by AmericanSimStory on
  • Options
    GaiaPumaGaiaPuma Posts: 2,278 Member
    I agree, I mean is ok to want and beg for toddlers, but saying WE don't want this. I mean that is kinda rude.

I couldn't care less about toddlers, but I don't go around saying WE/all simmers/etc don't want toddlers.

I want supernatural, restaurants, bowling, city life, dating, medieval, seasons, vacation, everything before toddlers but I say "I" not WE or "Nobody wants this, we want that". I want so much the new features like an European town, a cafe with new espresso and pub food, I love dancing and I can't wait to see the new skill or have a dance off, play darts or games. I love all this and I want it, so is rude to express like that. But we can't change others, so is kinda useless to try to.

At best, we can lead by show how you enjoy the game to the devs, expressing when we like something, and example.
  • Options
    Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    I totally understand what the OP is trying to say, but to be honest it's only about 20-30 forum users that do this and pretty easy to ignore unless they're the small few that make a daily habit of it. That part is annoying.

To me the car analogy doesn't make sense. The only people who buy cars missing wheels and an engine are ones who plan on using that as a "donor" car to fix their current ride or rebuild it. Those people know what they're getting into, too.

The game is missing features, but I'm not going to scream if we never get the bowling alley, juice pong table, dart board, basketball court or ice hockey table back. Nor will I say "we" when I mean me.
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • Options
    LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    "The Simming team want to give us new content to explore so it is not boring."

The fact that toddlers have been excluded from the base game is one of the many things that makes Sims 4 boring in the first place!

"We don't want the same content as The Sims 3 or The Sims 2 etc because that would be boring and it would take the fun out of the game."

Again, these are the features most Simmers loved from Sims 2 and Sims 3 that made the games so amazing. We're not "ungrateful" for wanting EA to actually listen to us for once.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Options
    Stdlr9Stdlr9 Posts: 2,744 Member
    Ungrateful? Giving??? EA isn't giving us anything; they're selling a product and we have the right -- and many say the duty -- to let them know what we like and don't like, and why we'll buy it or we won't. If we want a full family play experience then why not say something like, "Oh no, not more parties and nothing but young adults!"
  • Options
    CapraCorn104CapraCorn104 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Honestly, I can see what the OP means by some of the replies in this thread. She/he isn't saying that toddlers, or whatever people want in their games shouldn't be there, or that other things take priority over them. She/he's saying; Stop dismissing these gamepacks/expansion packs/stuff packs because they're not what you want, because many other people do want them. There is no we in this, this isn't what we don't need, it's what you don't need.

How would some of you feel if someone who didn't like toddlers said that; "Who needs toddlers? This isn't what we need, we need weather and cars!"

That statement shows that's exactly what some people sound like when they're always shouting for toddlers. Yes, I understand, you want the gameplay in there and you miss the toddler life stage, but don't dismiss something that someone else wants because you didn't get what you wanted. You don't have to play the game, or buy anything, you don't have to stop advocating for the toddlers you want so badly. What you do need to stop doing is dismissing other peoples needs because your needs aren't met with the game.

And a lot of these replies are what some of the family players often complain about other people (who like TS4) saying; "Just ignore it." Do people not realize how hypocritical they're being? They're saying the exact same thing that the supposed "cheerleaders" are saying, but only in reverse.

"But it's about toddlers! A missing, core feature in the game!" Yes, it is a missing feature, but what may be a major thing to you isn't going to be a major thing to someone else. Your needs and wants don't take priority over someone else's, they should be considered equal in the eyes of the developers. The developers may choose to do something else, because it takes less resources and is less costly at the moment, but that doesn't necessarily mean they care nothing about the needs of the family players. What it does mean is that they don't have the resources or the money to do it right now. Just like they don't have the resources or the money for pets or weather.
  • Options
    poisonedsodapoppoisonedsodapop Posts: 1,179 Member
    edited October 2015
    @CapraCorn104 people legit come on the forums all the time and say "pfft toddlers, we don't need em" so I don't get why you're saying that as if it is the worst thing ever. And yeah I'm one of those people who feels like Get Together is so out of place for multiple reasons. Obviously one of which is there still is no say on toddlers. They've had over a year since they knew they weren't going to be in game. That's plenty of time to have fixed the problems. Yet they haven't. We're toddlers ever in? Did they even try? So here we are, 2 expansions in with no info. No confirmation or denial of toddlers, no bug fixes for bugs that have been around since day one, but we're getting heaps of new content which itself tends to be buggy on launch as has been the pattern. I still play the game but it feels shallow without toddlers for me. I've always hated the baby stage (especially when you can't look at their needs somehow...) but I suffer through it for fear Rachel Franklin is personally judging my telemetry as me not wanting toddlers.

I guess I should also state just for the sake of it that I like the general idea of get together but I also feel like it's one heck of a mish mash of stuff. I have my doubts but it's mostly outweighed by anger at the lack of toddlers.
    Hoping some day for some toddlers. But also dreading they'll never come. JK THEY ARE HERE!