Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA silence on family play and family play fans

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    edited September 2015
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    Frogprincess_qFrogprincess_q Posts: 1,269 Member
    starguru wrote: »
    And I just put my finger on why the censor here makes me so angry. They don't just use asterisks, they have to be "cute" or "funny" about it and shove a plum in your mouth every time you swear. Every plum they force-feed forum users feels like a slap to the face and spit in the eye.
    I preferred the use of asterisks on TS3 forums, and they censored fewer words over there as well. Although both sites censor(ed) some words that really don’t need to be, and that I do find irritating. But I figure I’m just old and crotchety, lol.
    Case in point: I was going to describe the "plum" censor as feeling like a "kick in the crotchety" (minus the "ety"), on top of being slapped and spit on. Let's type that out:

"Kick in the crotch". Just as I expected, censored.

Really funny thing is that kicking somone in the plums sounds just like what you were trying to say in the first place, or is that just me?
    Edits made and not mentioned will be for typos.

- Froggie
    1nr15n0.jpg
    WIP: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/851667/australian-world-version-1-0-uploaded/p1
  • Options
    Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    I love the story, @missmani09. The Trimble family is awesome, thank you for sharing their lives with us.
  • Options
    stargurustarguru Posts: 2,115 Member
    edited September 2015
    And I just put my finger on why the censor here makes me so angry. They don't just use asterisks, they have to be "cute" or "funny" about it and shove a plum in your mouth every time you swear. Every plum they force-feed forum users feels like a slap to the face and spit in the eye.
    I preferred the use of asterisks on TS3 forums, and they censored fewer words over there as well. Although both sites censor(ed) some words that really don’t need to be, and that I do find irritating. But I figure I’m just old and crotchety, lol.
    Case in point: I was going to describe the "plum" censor as feeling like a "kick in the crotchety" (minus the "ety"), on top of being slapped and spit on. Let's type that out:

They have taken things farther on these forums than the previous ones. On TS3 forums you could say stoopid or sux and actually spell them correctly. You could also use he.ll. The fact that these words are censored here now bothers me more than the fact profanities are censored. And some of the same old words from TS3 are still censored here, like c.racker, r.apper and f.odder—I used to keep a list so when I wrote a story I’d know ahead of time what words I’d have to break apart or put an exclamation point behind. :D Most annoying to me was that any imaginary friend named B.o.b.o. got censored, as did any pictures with similar arrangement of letters or numbers in the links. I remember not being able to figure out why one of my earliest forum images on TS3 wouldn’t show up, until I realized there was a combination of eights and zeros together in the link. L33T 80085 FTW.*eyeroll*

While it is annoying, I guess I don’t let it get to me anymore. I suppose I CBA about something I know will never be changed and there are ways around it on these forums, just as there were on TS3.

Really funny thing is that kicking somone in the plums sounds just like what you were trying to say in the first place, or is that just me?
    I lol'd, and it's not just you. xD But I have to wonder what will happen when they figure that out and censor the word plum itself... :wink:
  • Options
    stargurustarguru Posts: 2,115 Member
    Awesome story, @missmani09; your love of this sim family really shines through in your pix. :) I don’t often plan out actual weddings for my Sims, but yours are lovely! I’m glad you’ve found enjoyment in TS2 even if you can't find it in 4.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited September 2015
    Lets face it.
    Even before disagrees, there was always problems with the buttons, their never gonna go away.
    If simgurudrake only works on forums, shouldn't that make her simstaff?
    So true. There were even complaints over the like button as well. Why I suggested that all buttons to be removed because I've almost seen complaints about all of them except awesome so far. I honestly think some are not mature enough to handle buttons or the internet. But oh well, their loss. Reality will hit them sooner or later that not everyone is going to like them in life. But I think the button thing is turning into Fahrenheit 451. I think buttons are just a small symptom of why the Sims 4 has been watered down as much as it is. Anything hard or that someone doesn't like seems to be removed now whether it is in the game or on forums.

@KevWalker That seems like a more logical solution to limit the clicks per button. I don't know, the whole button drama is starting to tire me out I admit. Forums used to be fun, but now it feels like once something nice is added, it is taken away again.

@missmani09 I love your family pictures. That wedding dress and veil are very pretty.

I'm pretty tired today. Let's just say, taking care of families in the Sims is much easier than real life. I've had to try to run the house while my mom has been away on a family funeral. It hasn't been easy, but I've been able to do it somehow. I just had a freak out with one of my baby nephew. I've been vacuuming the floor a lot and somehow he still managed to find something to swallow. I don't know how he found a piece of tape, but it took awhile to try to get it out of his mouth safely and without making him get sick. You can't believe how worried I was and so scared I'd have to take him to the hospital. I just felt so bad about it today. I try so hard to take good care of those boys and something like that happens. :( I don't think any Sims game has actually included the dangers of raising kids in it well. Then again, babies can catch on fire in the Sims 4, so that can probably be frightening for Simmers having that risk, but still good to have a consequence if not keeping an eye of Sims children. I do kind of give the Sims little nicknames for the offspring. I call them Simlings for the little ones.
    Post edited by Scobre on
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited September 2015
    So seems like according to NPD figures, the Sims 4 has sold 2.04 million copies on PC so far. That is around how many I think SimCity 2013 sold a year later too. I just thought that was interesting. A lot of expenses for the game have gone into marketing it seems too, which I haven't really seen a lot of, but must be for the trailers and buying rights to songs. Sorry my accounting brain was going a lot last night, I looked up a lot of links for another thread. As sad as I am about the Sims 4, I do hope the future of the series is secure enough. I'd hate to see if the Sims 4 were to be the last game. Why I really don't mind if people like the Sims 4, because people loved the Sims 3 too and it kept the franchise going. I figure, I've invested enough in games I enjoy with the Sims. Now I guess it is the Sims 4 players' turn to invest into the series and the future of the Sims. I mean as much as we have differences, at least the community supports each other one way or another to ensure a future for the series. So whatever happens to the Sims 4 will probably still be a singles type of game, but hopefully by the time the Sims 5 comes out, the Sims can finally achieve what modders were able to do in the Sims 3 and bring in gradual aging to the series. It would be nice to not worry about life stages and just watch a Sim progress over time from cradle to grave. Seeing genetics fleshed out more would be really nice to see too. I don't know, maybe we should talk more about what we would like for family play for the Sims 5 instead? The Sims 4 seems already written and developed and won't change a vision, so we might as well talk about a new vision for a different Sims game.

I did start to write down a list on this thread: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/854136/sims-devs-please-give-fans-what-we-want-not-only-ur-vision#latest
    Post edited by Scobre on
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    edited September 2015

love a good giggle with my first cup of coffee, thanks so much @frogprincess. ::::hugs::::

@missmani09 wow....you supplied the drama with my coffee and tears of joy. :::hugs:::

@scobre yep, real life kids are definitely more of a challenge and so many that already say they don't want toddlers back, would not want that type of challenge either. I wouldn't mind it happening occasionally, especially some of the funnier things like eating the dog/cat food or toilet play.

@simirrevirre that is so sweet a boy and his pup. :)

I'm emotional this am, can ya tell? Anyways, hubby is out of ICU and back on telemetry. They still want him monitored. He wants those *plum* wires off!!!! His MD started talking 'bout rehab again so fingers crossed, prayers sent and the Good Lord willing he will go this week. I hope to work on story pics while with him today and put up some pics here and the other place (PP).

• Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    @bekkasan sending you both my love, let's hope rehab comes soon-this has been an ordeal for both of you *big cuddles*
    Can't wait to see your pictures <3

I am here but I'm working very hard on my entries for a craft competition which are due in this week. Wish me luck!

@missmani09 love your photos :)

@simIrrevirre I've been playing with pets properly for first time in ages too and the detail is wonderful. I love the feeding them scraps from the table interaction! I'd never seen it before :)

The censor is just funny because it's made me use plum as an actual word in real life like the standard ones, so it just sounds rude to me now! I guess we would all get the joke. Maybe a way to tell who is a simmer! Lol :)
  • Options
    simIrrevirresimIrrevirre Posts: 763 Member

@bekkasan, thanks :) and fingers crossed the situation will turn out to the best very soon. @sparkairy1. Ok, cool, I havn't seen that either, I have to look out for that.

Btw, I notice a lot of things the sims 3 sims do autonomously which I've never seen before that amazes me. A teen baking a paj at the baker station, another teen reading her little brother to sleep and then kissed him good night. Sims making portrait of each others. One sim in the park cuddling with a dog on his lap, and lots more. I don't know why I didn't notice these things before, maybe I played different or maybe I just appreciate the game so much more now because of Sims 4 and see the game with new eyes.
  • Options
    MDancer9112MDancer9112 Posts: 1,086 Member
    Guys HELPPP!!!
    For some reason I can't play TS3, the launcher wont work!!!
    ITS TEARING ME APART!! :'(
    -takes deep breath-
    Can anyone help?
    giphy.gif
    Me watching GT at Gamescom.
    I'm back!!^-^
    Paradox forum name: aMazingSimmer
  • Options
    I really need to see my mermaid toddlers. DESPERATLY
    giphy.gif
    I'm back!!^-^
  • Options
    simIrrevirresimIrrevirre Posts: 763 Member
    I never use the launcher myself so try to open it with the exe.file instead in

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 "last EP"\Game\Bin"

Did you upgrade it through Origin?
  • Options
    I never use the launcher myself so try to open it with the exe.file instead in

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 "last EP"\Game\Bin"

Did you upgrade it through Origin?

I dunno, maybe it was the update...
    UGH I HATE ORIGIN!!!!
    Thanks 4 the tip! :)
    giphy.gif
    I'm back!!^-^
  • Options
    Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    Nraas has a no-cd mod that will let you open the game without having to use the launcher. Handy if you bought the game as a dvd. You should be able to open your game through Origin, though. Just look under My Games.
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    BruNCC93BruNCC93 Posts: 209 Member
    Not sure if you guys saw this, but the August's survey had Generations as a possible expansion after Get Together, and by its description, they would add toddlers and pree-teens!
    It's time to raise a family! Raise your children from babies into toddlers. Watch as your children grow into moody pree-teens and help them overcome the tribulations of youth. Create a Sims family dynasty that will last forever

For me it's the most exciting option they had there and I would probably buy it in a heartbeat if they made things right.

Do you guys think they would honestly give us this after GT or is just a way for them to use the "we had this option but the players didn't want it!!" excuse, since there are some people saying that they are only allowing younger audience (usually not as interested in family play) to vote? (no idea how thrutful that is but considering how much they hang on to their "their vision", I wouldn't be overly surprised if they limited their surveys to just a favorable age group)
    [
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    BruNCC93 wrote: »
    Not sure if you guys saw this, but the August's survey had Generations as a possible expansion after Get Together, and by its description, they would add toddlers and pree-teens!
    It's time to raise a family! Raise your children from babies into toddlers. Watch as your children grow into moody pree-teens and help them overcome the tribulations of youth. Create a Sims family dynasty that will last forever

For me it's the most exciting option they had there and I would probably buy it in a heartbeat if they made things right.

Do you guys think they would honestly give us this after GT or is just a way for them to use the "we had this option but the players didn't want it!!" excuse, since there are some people saying that they are only allowing younger audience (usually not as interested in family play) to vote? (no idea how thrutful that is but considering how much they hang on to their "their vision", I wouldn't be overly surprised if they limited their surveys to just a favorable age group)

I don't know. But what I do know is I won't be happy being forced to pay for basics they made excuses for initially.

Some of the theories i saw around were-after the gamescom and no toddler announcement some people were really unhappy as they were sure it was coming and it was a way to keep the hanging on to some hope.

It was a way to test the water to see if they could get away with making us pay for basics.

The theory you just mentioned that it would be an 'escape' for them through claims noone wants generations.

That's all I can think of right now but that's what I remember.

Personally I think it's so sad they will not even discuss the issue. Notice how noone came here after that message with @SimGuruDrake the other day. I'm sure the team were told how we were feeling. That shows me they just don't care as an organisation that their decisions have upset loyal customers and think they don't even have to try to address the situation. Unforgivable.
  • Options
    StaceyUKStaceyUK Posts: 226 Member
    Where can I get hold of double cribs for TS2 and TS3 please?
  • Options
    BruNCC93BruNCC93 Posts: 209 Member
    BruNCC93 wrote: »

I don't know. But what I do know is I won't be happy being forced to pay for basics they made excuses for initially.

Some of the theories i saw around were-after the gamescom and no toddler announcement some people were really unhappy as they were sure it was coming and it was a way to keep the hanging on to some hope.

It was a way to test the water to see if they could get away with making us pay for basics.

The theory you just mentioned that it would be an 'escape' for them through claims noone wants generations.

That's all I can think of right now but that's what I remember.

Personally I think it's so sad they will not even discuss the issue. Notice how noone came here after that message with @SimGuruDrake the other day. I'm sure the team were told how we were feeling. That shows me they just don't care as an organisation that their decisions have upset loyal customers and think they don't even have to try to address the situation. Unforgivable.

Agreed!

I think if they do make Generations they will patch toddlers before they release the EP, exactly for the reasons you mentioned, and add pre-teens as the new life stage.

I'm at a point where I prefer they only give us toddlers next year, than having them rush thing as usual and end up screwing this up. Still, since we have to wait so long for them, they better give us the best toddlers yet (though I doubt they can surpass the ones in TS2)
    [
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    StaceyUK wrote: »
    Where can I get hold of double cribs for TS2 and TS3 please?

http://koposov-sims.blogspot.com/favicon.ico for Sim3, not sure about 2.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top