Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA silence on family play and family play fans

Comments

• Options
    Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    I finally gave up on Sims 4. I installed The Sims 3 and Seasons. We'll see how my pawn shop computer handles it. I moved Christine Chapel into Sunset Valley. Let's see how well she does without Mr. Spock.
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    crockatailcrockatail Posts: 312 Member
    Guys HELPPP!!!
    For some reason I can't play TS3, the launcher wont work!!!
    ITS TEARING ME APART!! :'(
    -takes deep breath-
    Can anyone help?

>> You can use the following in the search files and program in your pc start list. TS3.exe. ep 11 or the last ep you have for the Sims 3.My was ep 11.
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Im still here but will be away this week but will try to come in when I can :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Yeah there is some bug going on with updating Sims 3 with Origin lately. So avoid updating the game if you can.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    I never start TS3 through Origin or the Launcher. Haven't messed with TS4 lately and play TS2 as a standalone. From my understanding, there is an issue with Origin for all Origin games.
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    I heard it was asking if you want your game repaired so don't say yes to that for Sims3. You will apparently have to reinstall it as the repair breaks the game. Cute, huh? Just another black mark on origin checklist in my book. :warning:

I got my pics organized yesterday to get ready to post of my new family and hubby goes into Afib and transfers to heart ICU. Needless to say, maybe later today as I will need more distraction. He is better this am, back in normal rhythm and they are already talking about moving him out so that is a good thing....I hope. Being a nurse really isn't helpful when it is your own family member. :( I tend to second guess them and I need to stop that.
  • Options
    StaceyUKStaceyUK Posts: 226 Member
    bekkasan wrote: »
    StaceyUK wrote: »
    Where can I get hold of double cribs for TS2 and TS3 please?

http://koposov-sims.blogspot.com/favicon.ico for Sim3, not sure about 2.

Thank you.

• Options
    JessicaSimstonJessicaSimston Posts: 2,519 Member
    I never use the launcher myself so try to open it with the exe.file instead in

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 "last EP"\Game\Bin"

Did you upgrade it through Origin?

I dunno, maybe it was the update...
    UGH I HATE ORIGIN!!!!
    Thanks 4 the tip! :)

Is your game working yet? :)
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,582 Member
    edited September 2015
    It´s been a while since I last saw some TS4 screens in this thread. I didn´t have much time to play recently, but here are some of my latest family play screenshots.

11.08.15_23-50.jpg
    I´m still pretty fond of the school mod.
    17.08.15_22-08.jpg
    One of my kids inviting her friend to the ice cream parlor after school.
    12.08.15_10-17.jpg
    One of my homehusbands looking after his children.
    12.08.15_10-52.jpg
    His wife ist about to climb the top of the police career.
    12.08.15_11-48.jpg
    She´s expecting once again, so time to go to hospital.
    12.08.15_12-00.jpg
    Finally a son.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    080416917ff0189e4678be0c059c9ff748054b30bd276c06e33881b6a6fb90955fd20a6b.jpg

Little Amelia Rose, daughter of the Sims in my avi :) Never got to see her grow up because the save file was corrput. I don't know why the image is so small, I'll try and fix it.

Edit: I can't get the picture any bigger :/ Just double click to see it properly, I'm tired and have the flu so I'm not into it.
    Post edited by JessicaSimston on
  • Options
    Never got to see her grow up because the save file was corrput.
    I´m very sorry to hear that.

Did you start anew?

Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    83bienchen wrote: »
    Never got to see her grow up because the save file was corrput.
    I´m very sorry to hear that.

Did you start anew?

I've not really been motivated, TS4 has just kind of made me feel egh about the whole franchise now, sadly. It's hard to explain.
  • Options
    That´s sad. :(

Sadly the way you feel is not even uncommon. There are a lot of players on the forums feeling that way since the release of TS4 and the way it evolved since. There´s so much missing and/or gone in the wrong direction.
  • Options
    Had a bit of a nap and I'm feeling a bit better, or I was, until I found this:
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/854336/the-future-of-the-sims-4-interview-with-rachel-franklin#latest
  • Options
    simIrrevirresimIrrevirre Posts: 763 Member
    OMG! That was the most stupid intervjue I've ever seen, I have no words...
  • Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    I now know that Sims 4 will never be for my play style. I wish I hadn't bought the stuff for the game that I did, but at least I know not to buy any more.

All I can say is, really, the confirmation bias is strong with that one.
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    83bienchen wrote: »
    It´s been a while since I last saw some TS4 screens in this thread. I didn´t have much time to play recently, but here are some of my latest family play screenshots.

11.08.15_23-50.jpg
    I´m still pretty fond of the school mod.
    17.08.15_22-08.jpg
    One of my kids inviting her friend to the ice cream parlor after school.
    12.08.15_10-17.jpg
    One of my homehusbands looking after his children.
    12.08.15_10-52.jpg
    His wife ist about to climb the top of the police career.
    12.08.15_11-48.jpg
    She´s expecting once again, so time to go to hospital.
    12.08.15_12-00.jpg
    Finally a son.
    Those are great pictures and yeah it has been awhile. There are MySims wall pictures? How did I miss those?

I did read something the other day I thought was cute. Those children pictures were actually drawn by some of the Sims team's children. I do think that is sweet they did that.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    LaAbbyLaAbby Posts: 3,742 Member
    edited September 2015
    Omg omg omg omg 1000 pages guys, almost :cookie:

Oh also, I've been playing Sims 2 a lot and thought how 1) adorable it is for mom to hand baby two daughter on her own, and 2) how the baby has green eyes like mom.

GuCUP6W.png

In both S3 & S4 the eye color remains the same :\

** And I'm not sure what the topic is about since I haven't kept up, but I wanted to share :3
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    Had a bit of a nap and I'm feeling a bit better, or I was, until I found this:
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/854336/the-future-of-the-sims-4-interview-with-rachel-franklin#latest
    So their decisions are based solely on telemetry again? Did they learn anything from the Sims 3 with that? Honestly if they hadn't worried so much about telemetry figures and actually on how Simmers really do play their game and why, the Sims 4 wouldn't be as disliked as it is now. Not saying there aren't people that like the game, but it is a very small niche of the market that the Sims 4 is catering to.

Wow so now it is confirmed toddlers are never returning to this iteration. Well nice to know that finally after a year,
    "So you’re satisfied that not having toddlers was the right choice?
    RF: That’s the decision that we made based on all of the information that we had at the time. So absolutely, I feel like it’s the best decision for the game to date."
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top