Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Male Simmers

124...Next

Comments

• Options
    TayoChanTayoChan Posts: 357 Member
    Just for fun since i'v mentioned her several times here is my favorite Sim Teddy I'v provided to screenshots with two diffrent looks. The only things that change though, is her hair and her outfit. Teddy_1.png
    All's fair in love, war and mini-games. "Me"
    fN2f7ds.png
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    0Chloe wrote: »
    I have a question for all you male Simmers!

Do you find it easier to create male or female Sims?

I'm female and find it easier to make female Sims. I relate more to the proportions of a female figure, what makes her feminine in my eyes and all that other body image stuff. However, I struggle with guys. I cannot make a manly Sim! They always look baby-faced, and again, I think this relates back to the fact that I'm female and can only relate to feminine and baby-like/soft facial features.

I have no trouble with creating either one. I usually pick clothes quickly unless I'm going for a specific look, and I have a sense of what generally looks good on women. Of course, I prefer creating guys because that's the gender I'm attracted to, but the women in my game don't lag behind in looks.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    CororonCororon Posts: 4,276 Member
    edited August 2015
    I'm a girl but I've been om many Sim related forums, and we've had our share of male simmers, teens and adults.

That Sims is a Barbie kind of game is a myth. You can have a cute or dark playing style, it's up to you. It's a life simulator. I knew two ladies who only used the game for building houses and didn't care much about the sims themselves. We can play the game in many different ways. :smiley:

The worst game I've ever played was Barbie for Nintendo. Bleh! =P
    cUrfGkA.gif
  • Options
    SjappielovePaulSjappielovePaul Posts: 4,794 Member
    Cororon wrote: »
    I'm a girl but I've been om many Sim related forums, and we've had our share of male simmers, teens and adults.

That Sims is a Barbie kind of game is a myth. You can have a cute or dark playing style, it's up to you. It's a life simulator. I knew two ladies who only used the game for building houses and didn't care much about the sims themselves. We can play the game in many different ways. :smiley:

The worst game I've ever played was Barbie for Nintendo. Bleh! =P

Well let's be honest you can also have a very dark playing style with Barbie x'D

I only cut of their hair, tried to break them and stuff. I didn't like Barbies
    Don't forget to take care of yourself every now and then in this big chaotic world!
    pkJ66Kv.png
    Some links that helped me a lot:
    Missing Store Stencils / Free Kiddy Stuff / Daily Deals / Daily Deals Spreadsheets / The Gifting Directory
  • Options
    CororonCororon Posts: 4,276 Member
    Well let's be honest you can also have a very dark playing style with Barbie x'D

I only cut of their hair, tried to break them and stuff. I didn't like Barbies

True! But I meant the typical pink fluff. =P

I liked Skipper and Sindy (another brand) more than Barbie. Never cut their hair though. =P
    cUrfGkA.gif
  • Options
    mastressalitamastressalita Posts: 2,874 Member
    > @Cororon said:
    > SjappielovePaul wrote: »
    >
    > Well let's be honest you can also have a very dark playing style with Barbie x'D
    >
    > I only cut of their hair, tried to break them and stuff. I didn't like Barbies
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > True! But I meant the typical pink fluff. =P
    >
    > I liked Skipper and Sindy (another brand) more than Barbie. Never cut their hair though. =P

Aww, but cutting their hair is the best part!

I always treated Barbies much worse than my Ponies, heh. I preferred MLP much more than dolls. But then, I also wanted TMNT stuff, and no one bought me that because those were "boy toys." Then in college I wrote a paper on the gender-stereotyping of children's toys, heh. Gee, I wonder why, heh.
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
    Have a Sim story site? Please submit your link to the Stories and Legacies Index!
    Check out my Simlit at Sim Stories: Hijinks from the World of Sims 3!
    My Simlit Discussion/Updates | The Fringe | Short Story Challenges
  • Options
    SjappielovePaulSjappielovePaul Posts: 4,794 Member
    I always loved Lego :) with my own imaginary cars and building houses, I guess I was into Simming before it existed xD
    Don't forget to take care of yourself every now and then in this big chaotic world!
    pkJ66Kv.png
    Some links that helped me a lot:
    Missing Store Stencils / Free Kiddy Stuff / Daily Deals / Daily Deals Spreadsheets / The Gifting Directory
  • Options
    elliskane3elliskane3 Posts: 2,050 Member
    edited August 2015
    Generic male simmer #21375 here! >:):mrgreen: