The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• Options
    ddsims3worldddsims3world Posts: 4,519 Member
    I was doing a trial test of making a japanese style restaurant, so doing it at Michelle's backyard first before doing on public lot.

20309810551_d773de446c_c.jpg

20295417522_1d85191030_c.jpg

19681182794_4c7d3f8a88_c.jpg

19681181794_e6f1c28d18_c.jpg

20117184049_9b0f1aa790_c.jpg

20303806085_52d98ae594_c.jpg

20295410612_c1f0e5d489_c.jpg

20117179099_e4bd328d43_c.jpg

19681174514_45375abb34_c.jpg

20117176539_ff1ea1dd24_c.jpg

20277552646_b3fbae39a8_c.jpg

19681170594_8b4443dc8c_c.jpg

19682823303_ff7b436df3_c.jpg

19682821543_663e068ac3_c.jpg

20115772890_07dc7ef781_c.jpg

20117167159_6562e35c3d_c.jpg

19681163474_0404918265_c.jpg
  • Options
    ohmyglobguysohmyglobguys Posts: 346 Member
    ^ Beautifullllll!

Good work :)
    tumblr_n1hktrsv5i1skyr7eo1_500.gif

My wishlist: MeanMasterJay
    My Top 5
  • Options
    SelvaxriSelvaxri Posts: 274 Member
    My ghost sim impregnated four women, two of which were his housemates. He came home in time to see them do the "i'm pregnant" belly rub before disappearing off into the netherworld.
    Console Player- Don't have a PC to play yet.

Stories-
    Simple Life
    Ghost Fling/ GF- Naughty Uncle
    Mommy Dearest
    Casanova
    Home Wrecker
    Reynoso Legacy
    Phantom Romance- Experimental game, failure.
    Unlikely Couple
    Random- Kozen, Clique
  • Options
    KityKittenMitensKityKittenMitens Posts: 199 Member
    TadOlson wrote: »
    @everybody -I've been enjoying the updates here though I can't comment on each one because we've been havin internet issues.
    Here's another update from Deery Meadows,Maine in the summer of 1620.
    Eli and Ami Jankowsky were both up fairly early that morning and got ready for the day quickly at Garden House.
    19882434769_ae46ba7fda.jpg
    Ami got over to the country market and started harvesting from that garden and kept at it for most of the day.
    19881166220_8d65bd71c9.jpg
    Eli had been working at Garden House while Ami was at the market for most of the day getting produce harvested.
    20042894576_89b8f6727c.jpg
    Ami finished up and headed back to Garden House for the evening.
    19446570574_76416e96ac.jpg
    They both started studying writing skill on their iPads after dinner and eventually had to stop to use the washrooms before heading back to their lot.
    19881226620_b3213c1968.jpg
    20069243115_736db59ba9.jpg
    They got a new wall section up before getting to sleep by 9PM.
    19448277223_89cb96c501.jpg
    Nice, love the garden! And the pool those pools are so darn expensive though, simmys haven't been able to afford one yet): guess I gotta wait....it's not like they know what they r missin or anything u.u
  • Options
    Kaike78 wrote: »
    I enjoyed everyone's updates! I spent most of my gameplay yesterday recreating a Sim that I made a couple of months ago. A week ago, I started over completely by resetting the game and stupid me didn't save the sim I had to remake. doh! Planning to play today, though. :D

plum= s..tupid. That is a lame word to censor. :/
    I'm starting to upload my Sims to the exchange so I can always find them later. Especially the ones I like. It's a good habit because I tend to reset aswell. Lol
  • Options
    ViridisaViridisa Posts: 93 Member
    So, not too much has happened in my game today. I had to spend a lot of time deleting multiple career outfits in Victoria's closet. It seemed every time she used the chemistry table, it decided to make the outfit they have to wear for it as a career outfit. There were like 20 of it somehow! Stupid glitches.

Vira finally got to level 10 of the Gardening career, and promptly switched to military. She's already level 5 in it, thanks to her already maxed handiness and athletic skills. I have plans for her to go into other careers later as well, but right now she's in the military with her future boyfriend.

Both Victoria and Vira have taken up a new skill: Bot Building. Victoria built a bot already, Gamma, and they're both playing around with giving her new trait chips. I'll probably need to send them to the future soon to work on the skill more and get some crystal thingies (new to this skill myself), so that will be interesting.

Victoria made it to a 5-star celebrity before Vira, who is still at 4 but probably really close to 5. I don't think Vira cares, especially since she just beat her to getting a perfect score on the test for University. At this moment, she's working on her degree in Technology. She'll have to go back 1 more time to finish it once these two semesters are done. Victoria is still working on her skills so she can get some more credits before heading off. Vira beat her because she reads books so fast and didn't have a job other than gardening for a long time. She beat her though!
  • Options
    No pictures yet ): well I currently don't have them uploaded to photo bucket for the url to link.(bleh);any who just wanted to toss in, Andrew autonomously broke up with felicia(shock to me) felecia did end up with his baby, but he has little to no want to be around felecia , if this keeps up she'll have to move out with the baby girl apple(being I need a male heir for my legacy)

Posting pics tomorrow sometime. But since they broke up Felicias been sleeping in a spare room, I just caught them sleeping in the same bed o.O when did they make up? Is there hope for them yet? Hmmmm. Also. Felicias lazy but hired a maid..a cute maid (need pic ikikik) lucky for her Andrew works the hours she's in the house. Lol
  • Options
    lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,037 Member
    edited August 2015
    @Dark_Tig3r Two sets of twins! No wonder mama is looking for fun!

@msbeckycat Cute sim for your founder.

@ohmyglobguys Great photo! And the butler just keeps on task...stiff upper lip, what?

@MissCee I've had times when I thought I'd never find a good match for my sim. Townie sims are pretty bad in some worlds.

@TadOlson Your community garden and pool really help your sims as they're starting out.

@Viridisa Those screenshots are perfect! Back to back: good vs evil. And Vira and Victoria sound pretty busy to me. Lots of progress.

@Minx11 Good luck with Leonard.

@KityKittenMitens Three cheers for Andrew! If they make up, I hope Felicia treats him better.

@PearLady Sounds like a neat challenge.

@Kaike78 I hate having to redo CAS when a game glitches!

@CravenLestat Don't know much about Japanese history, but you seem to be doing great in that game. Love your criminal sherrif!

@mattmizzer Well, it's hard not to follow your instincts when you're a vampire, right?

@ddsims3world A gorgeous restaurant!

@Selvaxri That's one wild ghost!
    Post edited by lanlyn on
  • Options
    @lanlyn

Well, maybe it just doesn't seem like much when I'm doing it. Victoria really hasn't done much, though I'm really thinking about switching her to a different career to get rid of that aura. Maybe Business or Politics would be evil enough for her.
  • Options
    PalmArrowPalmArrow Posts: 4,329 Member
    @ddsims3world , that restaurant is beautiful!
    @ Viridisa , Victoria and Vira both look adorable!

I'm working on adding buildings and population to Sunset Valley before starting a legacy almost* according to Pinstar's rules, to make a large and lively town for generations of my family to live in.
    *(Almost, because I don't plan to count points, and I will skip the "children's traits must be randomised" rule. But I will play on normal lifespan, which I've NEVER done, start with a homeless Sim on the largest empty lot and slowly build the family wealth, and only marry Sims I have not created.)
  • Options
    ohmyglobguysohmyglobguys Posts: 346 Member
    Selvaxri wrote: »
    My ghost sim impregnated four women, two of which were his housemates. He came home in time to see them do the "i'm pregnant" belly rub before disappearing off into the netherworld.

And this is why I love the Sims. :D:D
    tumblr_n1hktrsv5i1skyr7eo1_500.gif

My wishlist: MeanMasterJay
    My Top 5
  • Options
    @PalmArrow
    I personally like the way Vira looks a bit more than Victoria, but that's mostly because I'm not as fond of Victoria's outfit as I was when I made it. Vira already got a change in clothes, so she'll probably get the same as soon as Vira gets back from University.

Gosh, I can never do a legacy challenge, mostly because I hate letting my Sims die. Most of the time I have witches who use a lot of potions to keep themselves alive forever. That, or just turn off aging entirely.
  • Options
    The last two days have been pretty frustrating. Last night I started having serious game issues and I couldn't figure out what was going on in Isla Paradiso...that's hell disguised as paradise! >:) I already had the world fixed as best I could and have played there before without issues, but yesterday I had several crashes. The only message ErrorTrap gave me was about sims. I'm assuming routing issues. In the last two days, I tried so many things! But it wasn't until I turned off the full moon that things settled down. (Fingers crossed.) Actually, I think a lot of things just happened all at once and the game couldn't handle it all. On top of in-game stuff, my mouse decided to give out and I had to go buy a new one!
    • I bulldozed the two resorts because I read that the game generates workers for them every night. I figure if my household builds up Hobart resort, we don't need the competition anyway!
    • I made a package mod that disables the fog around the hidden islands, but still lets me have my sims discover them.
    • I bulldozed more houseboats. I'd already emptied and moved families from many of them.
    • I fixed a couple more lots with routing issues that I hadn't done yet.
    • Of course, I cleared out cache files, etc. Even defragged my computer.
    • And then I did the resetsim * cheat right after turning off the full moon. I read that after doing that, I should go around the islands looking for stranded boats and deleting them. That was a task in itself! Over a dozen empty boats left by reset sims. I felt like I was with the coast guard on search and rescue...no survivors! :s
    Anyway, just a couple of accomplishments before things went south. I added a small nursery to Le Cinema and did a little more decorating. Too many issues to start a bistro right now though!
    Nursery%252520%2525281%252529.jpg

I put the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 wagon on a beach lot because Poppet kept getting a wish to have her fortune told. :/
    Screenshot.jpg

I tried to have my sim move the houseboat to a better location. Really bad timing! It was 5:00 traffic and the waterways were full of boats!
    NewPort%252520%2525281%252529.jpg

We got almost to the dock of the new port and Crash! Again. See all those boulders by the dock? I read that I needed to move those back because they cause routing issues. So that was another thing I did.
    NewPort%252520%2525283%252529.jpg

Moving the boat was hopeless, but I'm nothing if not determined. I ended up going into Edit Town and placing a copy of the same houseboat in the new port and had Russ and Poppet move to it. Then I bulldozed the old one. :#
    NewPort.jpg

Once things calmed down--finally--townies started taking to the water again. Loved this: the drowned Dreggs couple with their pet dog rowing through the night.
    Screenshot-3.jpg

Whew! Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day.
    Screenshot-4.jpg
  • Options
    Viridisa wrote: »
    @lanlyn
    Well, maybe it just doesn't seem like much when I'm doing it. Victoria really hasn't done much, though I'm really thinking about switching her to a different career to get rid of that aura. Maybe Business or Politics would be evil enough for her.
    Sorry, I messed up my earlier post when I tried to tag you, but it's edited now. At least you found my comment to you!

I understand about the relationship erosion with the aura. Very frustrating. The only evil sim I've played was Salty Seaworth the mermaid, and he wasn't such a bad guy...once I got to know him. :D I made him a magician though, not a criminal. I could see Victoria using her love of power for a Business or Political career. Very RL!
  • Options
    @lanlyn

They should have just made it optional, then I wouldn't mind the aura. I just can't decide which I want her to do. Maybe flip a coin or something and decide that way. I had a hard time deciding what career to put Vira in too. Investigator, Military, Police, or Education. I ended up with military, but I might end up switching her once she reaches the top.

Now she's almost finished with this trip to University, and is getting close to mastering Inventing. She's getting a technology degree, and inventing keeps the bar up so she's on the honor roll. Way more productive than studying. She's working on making 250 widgets right now. She also finally got to 5-star Celebrity, but now people are spreading even more rumors about her than before. That's the most annoying part of being a celebrity; the stupid rumors.
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    @Viridisa -Great pictures!Great update!I've had gltiched career outfits and got them changed when it happened.
    @Minx11 -Great update!
    @KityKittenMitens -Great update!I use Flickr for my uploaded pictures and you could do that if you've got a Flickr account.
    @PearLady -Hi there!Great update!
    @Kaike78 -I would start backing up my Electronic Arts folders onto external hard drives or optical disks to make sure I don't have to start over.I had a Sims 3 folder getting corrupted and had to switch to the backed up copy I made before patching to restore my games and redo the Mod updating because I did it wrong the first time by mistake.Thanks for your comment.
    @CravenLestat -Great update!You look like you had fun with that game.
    @mattmizzer -Hi there!Great update!
    @ddsims3world -Great work on that project!
    @Selvaxri -Great update!
    @KityKittenMitens -I had them at a community lot and they don't even have a house on their lot and that comes first before a pool.I built that lot as a community lot and it's on the Exchange and in a bundle linked in my blog.
    @lanlyn -I've added them to my games because those lots help a lot with legacy newcomers until their house is built.I've had to stop playing once because my old mouse gave out and I was forced to save as and quit because of that disaster before rushing out for the new mouse.Great update!I would use an emptied out save of the world with IP to play a game there.
    @PalmArrow -I've got a few legacies going and played my newest on earlier today.Mine are all about playing the entire town and I've got my game totally swamped with Mods and CC.I did that because I don't want EA's bug-fest killing the legacy off before it even got started.
    I've got an update coming up soon.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    @TadOlson
    This was just a weird glitch I hadn't seen before. I've had the glitched outfits where it makes your sim look naked, but not this There were just a bunch of chemistry outfits in her career outfits for no good reason XD. I don't know why that happened, but it's fixed now
  • Options
    @Viridisa I ended up turning off the celebrity system because of the rumors and how it effects relationships (kind of like the aura thing). Now I have a sim (Poppet) who has joined the film career, which I've never done before. Part of promotion depends on celebrity status so I'm not sure how well she'll do without the system being turned on. :s I guess I'll see how it goes. Decisions, decisions. :D

@TadOlson The mouse dying was a real pain! Out of the blue, it started double clicking even though I just clicked once. You can imagine the problems that caused in game! I had another backup mouse, but the scroll wheel on it wouldn't zoom! Another problem in game for me. So I bought a new one. Grrr!

I actually downloaded a fixed Isla Paradiso world to use in case I couldn't get my IP straightened out. Mine's better now, but I'm still concerned...
  • Options
    @lanlyn
    I usually have it turned off, but I turned it back on for a Film sim I made before and forgot to turn it off again. If it gets too bad I'll just turn it off again. The free stuff people send you almost makes it worth it lol. I think I just get more of the rumors at university for some reason. Maybe someone got mad because I wouldn't go to their party.
  • Options
    CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    edited August 2015
    @CravenLestat - your sims are hotties! :o

Thank you..EA gets all the credit they are all premades from ITF even my purple haired sim wife. :)

Wife is Lilah Turni ITF premade

Girl that looks like Sandra Bullock in the leather jacket is Zara Griffin ITF premade

Girl with pink and white hair reading a book is Kylie Singer ITF premade (Also have a pic of her sister who is also cute) need to post it :*

Girl with white hair and pale skin is Aristi Coast ITF premade

I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    Great picture @Lanlyn Very cute.

Screenshot-4.jpg

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    @ddsims3world Great restaraunt :o I would like some Tonkatsu and some Ramen.

Also here is that pink and white haired girl Kylie Singers sister Ericka Singer (another premade that is not yucky)

Screenshot-720_zpsvahzckfn.jpg
    Post edited by CravenLestat on

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    PalmArrowPalmArrow Posts: 4,329 Member
    > @Viridisa said:

> Gosh, I can never do a legacy challenge, mostly because I hate letting my Sims die.

I'm going to hate this too! I'm new to the Sims 3 and to the Sims in general, and I've only ever played either with aging turned off or with lifespan set on epic. I've never seen a Sim die, never seen the Grim Reaper. My adventuring Sim has had a few nasty experiences with traps in tombs, but
    before anything could happen I quickly quit without saving. This is one of the reasons I find the legacy challenge, well... challenging. :dizzy:

@TadOlson, I'm reading your updates about your legacies with great interest. I know that you are slowly your towns using rotational play, with Story Progression turned off. It's not a way I would choose to play -- I LOVE Story Progression, one of my favourite things to do is to create Sims based on fictional characters I like and to "release them into the wild" and see what they will do -- but I't really interesting to see your town chronicles year by year. One of the things I love about this game is that each one of us can, essentially, play a completely different game.

@lanlyn : Aww, I play in Isla Paradiso but I don't have Pets installed so I didn't know the Dreggs had a ghost dog! That's a lovely picture.
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    @lanlyn -That sounds like what happened one time and forced me out of the game.I also downloaded a fixed version of that world and it's an emptied save file which goes into the saves folder.
    @CravenLestat -Great pictures!
    Here's another update from Deery Meadows in the summer of 1620.
    Eli and Ami Jankowsky were both up so early it was still dark out when they first got up and Eli tended their garden before heading to Garden House.
    19947846850_4dcafb066b.jpg
    They both used the washrooms and got ready for the day's work they had to do.Eli started in the garden area at Garden House while Ami went to the country market to start work there.
    19947875640_46cd0eee3b.jpg
    They both finished up the harvesting from the gardens and Ami headed back to Garden House.
    19949247009_9fbc58da2d.jpg
    They were both using washrooms to get cleaned up and stopped to eat before heading to the pool.
    19947921620_73edd29b71.jpg
    They went fishing at the pool and stayed for a few hours and managed to catch some fish from the pool before they had to get back home.
    20127946592_02b89cc601.jpg
    They had a few chores to do when they got home and got a new section of wall built on their new house.
    20109736976_c18a7b6185.jpg
    They finished the chores by 9PM and went to sleep in their tent shortly after.
    20109742916_6b4e8d61ab.jpg
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    @Tadolson what is that ladybug looking critter by the pool?

DfydFiZ.gif

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top