Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• Options
    ViridisaViridisa Posts: 93 Member
    @PalmArrow

I've had sims die, but not through natural causes. Two deaths were caused by meteors (separate incidences) landing directly on top of them. Thanks to one of my expansion packs, I just used a genie to bring them back to live. Another was my first death of being electrocuted while repairing a dish washer, and another by them catching fire and not getting to water in time. I just resumed from where I saved last on those. Right now in my current game the lifespan is as long as it can get. I just feel so bad about working so hard on certain sims and letting them die.
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    @CravenLestat -It's a CC walker from ATS for toddlers and I use a lot of CC along with the tons of Mods I have to use for a playable game.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    PalmArrowPalmArrow Posts: 4,329 Member
    So. I'm about to start my Legacy Challenge game. I've prepared Sunset Valley: added more houses, a nectary, a French cafe, a Chinese restaurant and a Sim Fu academy, moved in some French, Egyptian and Chinese Sims and some Sim versions of fictional characters (Elizabeth and Fitzwilliam Darcy from Pride and Prejudice, and Hercule Poirot, Arthur Hastings and Felicity Lemon from Poirot). I had great fun doing this, but now that I actually have to set lifespan to normal, create a character and start playing them, I feel I need to take a deep breath and prepare myself.
    Okay, here it goes...
  • Options
    Minx11Minx11 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Well... Things Heated Up...

Jessir had Leonard's baby, but not according to thr story, it was a boy, so Elouise turned to Louis.
    About 2 days later, she became pregnant with Alex's child, who came out right. Welcome, Scarlet!
    Louis aged up to toddler a few days after Scarlet was born, and I was lucky enough to learn that he didn't come out with blue hair, considering I was clever with Jessie's-It looks like black hair, but it's actually very dark blue.
    I aged up Louis again, so he's a child now, but what do I do with the baggage!? I have Leonard and Trevor as Romantic Interests! What do I do with them!?
    So now comes the tricky part... The mixed gender twins, Craig and Molly... I:'ll have to wait a few days, because I'm still not entirely sure how to get the mixed gender twins, but I do know how to just get general twins (Did it on another save. The one with that Sim who had the Dislikes Children Trait.)
    More Updates Soon!
  • Options
    GernadiaGernadia Posts: 677 Member
    Oh. Today my laptop stopped working...hopefully I can get it sorted out. :neutral:
  • Options
    lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,031 Member
    edited August 2015
    @Gernadia Good luck with the laptop. :(

@Minx11 Mixed gender twins? You mean one boy-one girl? I've heard that you can ask a sim in the medical career (at least level 5) for help knowing the gender of the first twin:
    ...When the prego belly starts to show, talk to a friend high up in the medical profession and ask them the gender of the baby. If they say the gender is a male, eat lots of watermelons to make the second baby a girl. If they say it's female, eat lots of apples to make the second baby a boy. ...
    @PalmArrow Oh! I can hardly wait to see pics of your fictional characters. Lately, I've been watching old episodes of Hercule Poirot on Netflix. :) I have a Poirot in one of my games. I made him for the Riddle household in Twinbrook.

Poirot the Birman-Siamese cat and Marple the English C.ocker Spaniel investigate the dead... :D
    original.jpg

So my Isla Paradiso game ran smoothly last night. Just played for a short while to test it out. Both Russ and Poppet were able to go to work without issues. They spent some time at Le Cinema that evening, meeting the locals.

Le Cinema was a busy place and so was the upstairs bar.
    LeCinemaBar.jpg

A couple of parents left toddlers downstairs and the kids made use of the nursery playroom. This poor little thing was left crying outdoors, but then she crawled into Le Cinema herself and found the toy box.
    Nursery%252520%2525284%252529.jpg
    Post edited by lanlyn on
  • Options
    msbeckycatmsbeckycat Posts: 3,445 Member
    @Gernadia: Well best of luck and sorry to hear it
  • Options
    KityKittenMitensKityKittenMitens Posts: 199 Member
    @PalmArrow

I could never play on normal I'd go crazy. I'd rather wait a bijillion years to get to 10th lol I also havery nraas returner and set pregnancy to 3 weeks(one week per trimester)

@lanlyn
    Omg soooooooo cute! Is that a community lot or a residential? Either way the downstairs nursery and the upstairs bar is so smart

Also I read something on Carl's Sims 3 guide saying once you know the gender it's set to that gender. But there has been a few times he's been wrong. And I never want to know lol I like the mystery of it all and I have to wait 3 Sim weeks to find out!
  • Options
    PearLadyPearLady Posts: 207 Member
    lanlyn wrote: »
    @Dark_Tig3r Two sets of twins! No wonder mama is looking for fun!

@PearLady Sounds like a neat challenge.

T'was quite fun. Although the last part of the mansion baron aspiration was a pain in the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 to achieve on a 20x15 plot of land. ;D
    Don't anger the fruit. It may make her toot (at you). ;)
  • Options
    Minx11Minx11 Posts: 1,386 Member
    @lanlyn Jessie is in the medical career, so she can just ask her boss (She's only Level 2-Bed Pan Cleaner), even though she hasn't been to work for probably around a week...
  • Options
    Story 2 has it's first chapter so have Story 1 and Story 2 running
  • Options
    I am now beginning to not like the new house I built the other day for my witch family because it feels like there's so much unused space and I'm not as fond of its exterior. Maybe I should sell this house and build a different, slightly smaller one. I wish I'd just stuck to the original towers, kitchen, and garden idea I had before. The house isn't bad, it's just too big!
  • Options
    SelvaxriSelvaxri Posts: 274 Member
    Selvaxri wrote: »
    My ghost sim impregnated four women, two of which were his housemates. He came home in time to see them do the "i'm pregnant" belly rub before disappearing off into the netherworld.

And this is why I love the Sims. :D:D

The first woman could have had twins or more, she was in a house with just her ex-husband and daughter.
    The second woman lives in a pretty packed home- husband, twin YA daughters, and teen son.
    The two housemates are lovers, they and the second woman were impregnated while they were touring locations so the two lovers wouldn't be angry with one another for cheating.

I'm hoping they each have twins.
    Console Player- Don't have a PC to play yet.

Stories-
    Simple Life
    Ghost Fling/ GF- Naughty Uncle
    Mommy Dearest
    Casanova
    Home Wrecker
    Reynoso Legacy
    Phantom Romance- Experimental game, failure.
    Unlikely Couple
    Random- Kozen, Clique
  • Options
    lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,031 Member
    @msbeckycat Enjoyed the blog updates and I love Matt's hair!

@KityKittenMitens The lot is a commercial lot. It's the Le Cinema venue that I've made some changes to, basically adding a Showtime stage and a rabbit hole door for the Film career.

@Viridisa I always add on to my houses in Sims even when they start out big! Of course, then it takes my sims an hour just to go from one side of the house to the other! But I get it: sometimes the layout of a home just doesn't feel right.

Today in my game, it was Trick or Treat time. Russ and Poppet attended a Spooky Day party, then hosted a party of their own at the Fall Festival.
    Costumes%252520%2525281%252529.jpg

Costumes%252520%2525282%252529.jpg

The Festival Party was "legendary," but it started hailing in the middle of it!
    FestivalParty%252520%2525283%252529.jpg

This guy, Akoni Kahale, is always trying to get Poppet's attention. His bio says, "He relocated to Isla Paradiso after a fortune teller told him that he would find his true love..." His pick up line has mainly been to make a silly face. :D At the party, he managed to ask Poppet to slow dance though.
    FestivalParty%252520%2525282%252529.jpg

After the party, Russ's boss, the wealthy Guillermo Ichtaca, asked him over for a visit. Russ went, of course. Guillermo is also attracted to Poppet though, so Russ left her at home. :p
    BossHome.jpg

Speaking of romancing Poppet, I decided to keep things slow for these two. Poppet has the Family Oriented trait, which means she'll want to get married and have kids as soon as possible. So no woohoo right now! But a little kissing is allowed. ;)
    Romance%252520%2525281%252529.jpg

And, uh, maybe a little more kissing...
    Romance%252520%2525282%252529.jpg

Poppet also is an animal lover and kept asking to adopt a pet. Meet little Mimi, the newest member of the household. First kitten I've had in Sims 3; the other cats were adults.
    Mimi%252520%2525285%252529.jpg

Poppet's baby:
    Mimi%252520%2525284%252529.jpg

Russ coos to Mimi, "Awww..."
    Mimi%252520%2525283%252529.jpg

I kept the traits Mimi came with because I wanted a pet that didn't demand too much attention. Mimi was perfect: Independent, Shy, Lazy. She went straight to sleep in her cat condo. So I sold the bed she ignored!
    Mimi%252520%2525282%252529.jpg
  • Options
    @lanlyn: Thanks he came out random that way
  • Options
    @lanlyn

I tend to move houses when a house gets to small rather than adding onto it. This time I'll probably just demolish this house and build on this land, as I have the biggest plot in Dragon Valley to live on and I don't want to give it up.
  • Options
    ddsims3worldddsims3world Posts: 4,519 Member
    I'm ready to show off another community lot I worked on & it's a coffeehouse which is called StarLlama Coffeehouse II since I made a first one.

19712036864_2136f8145b_c.jpg

20146689508_261a58df8e_c.jpg

20334707315_0d3a9585c1_c.jpg

20146679028_05e4e0f217_c.jpg

19712040514_50670e516f_c.jpg

19713706653_907151c85e_c.jpg

20340737801_8f27337a2f_c.jpg
  • Options
    @PalmArrow -I started a new legacy not that long ago in Deery Meadows and intend to play the town in that legacy.
    @minx11 -Great update!
    @Gernardia -I hope it's just a broken fan that needs replacing because I had that issue once and it sent my computer to the repair shop.I hate computer breakdowns.
    @lanlyn -Great update!That kitten is very cute.
    @Viridisa -I would just keep the house and fix a few small things with it.I put my sims on a too big lot in my current legacy and have to just work with it.
    @ddsims3world -That build looks great.
    I've got an update coming out very soon.
  • Options
    Here's another update from Deery Meadows,Maine in the summer of 1620.
    Eli and Ami Jankowsky were both up very early that morning and got ready for the day quickly at Garden House before Eli got to work and Ami headed out to the country market.
    20220921366_93c21a81ab.jpg
    Ami managed to arrive at the market soon after Eli started working and got started himself.
    20238934762_8cbe2a91c3.jpg
    They were both still at work early in the afternoon though they finished and got started on getting cleaned up and wound down from working.
    19624602604_0f78327982.jpg
    They decided to study writing skill for a while after eating dinner and using the washrooms before heading back home.
    20060650929_ffa1f28699.jpg
    They got back home and got more wall sections up on their house before getting to bed by 8:30 in the evening.
    19626317563_7e0efa3c4f.jpg
  • Options
    @TadOlson
    I actually ended up moving my household to a different lot and have started working on my new house already XD I liked some parts of what I built on the other house, so I'm using them over here. Mostly the towers on the house looked nice, so my sims are essentially going to live in 2 towers with a kitchen between.
  • Options
    @Viridisa -I'm working with the oversized lot and they'll grow the house as needed and they can grow into the lot over time.
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    So, I've played my legacy for a Sim week now.
    Since I've read old threads about the legacy challenge and picked up some good advice, the first thing my founder did was to go to the cemetery and search the catacombs. He found a gem worth about 440 and immediately sold it, and then he went to the firestation, applied for a job, showered and went to sleep there. He spent the whole week living at the station, going to his home lot only to get rid of old newspapers. He ate mostly at the fire station, but he once also helped himself to someone's picnic outside the diner, and once ate a hot dog little Mortimer Goth had left by the pool.
    At the end of the week he went to the Chinese restaurant I built next to the beach and treated himself to a tropical juice. These were the first Simoleons he spent. The trouble is, he went there directly after swimming, so he forgot to change out of his swimming suit. Everyone was booing at him, but he didn't seem bothered.
    So far my founder's life is a lot like a sitcom. I'm saving screenshots to post later, when I'm able to.

> @lanlyn wrote:
    > Poirot the Birman-Siamese cat and Marple the English C.ocker Spaniel investigate the dead... :dizzy:

That's beyond adorable! And so is the orange kitten in your current game.

> @KityKittenMitens wrote:
    > I could never play on normal I'd go crazy. I'd rather wait a bijillion years to get to 10th lol I also havery nraas returner and set pregnancy to 3 weeks(one week per trimester)

I know how you feel! I've finished the first week of my gameplay and everything went well, but that one week is a whole third of my founder's young adult life. Each day is, in effect, one year! You get up, work, eat, go to the toilet, and before you know it most of your year is gone. Poor Sims!

@Tad Olson , do burglars exist in your town? I'm delaying actually building a little house for my founder until I have enough to build an enclosed house with a burglar alarm, because dealing with a burglar at this stage would be really frustrating!

@ddsims3world , beautiful coffeehouse!
    Post edited by PalmArrow on
  • Options
    @TadOlson
    I still have a huge lot to work with luckily. I probably won't use even half the room, mostly because I'm building up rather than across. It's looking nice so far, though. I'll take photos when it's finished. I'm always horrible at the interior decorating, though

• Options
    KityKittenMitensKityKittenMitens Posts: 199 Member
    emorrill wrote: »
    Oh and my update:
    River didn't get pregnant! (AFTER 2 RISKY WOOHOOS AT 50% CHANCE) Wow. Parker must have been firing blanks! Lol! ;)
    I made them do a risky woohoo again and this time it was a success. River is now expecting and Parker doesn't know yet... but once she tells him I am going to have him move in with her and her mom (since the game doesn't allow the mod to even allow two teenagers to live alone together...)

You need nraas mover mod. It allowes. No adult households. I have a teen couple in bridgbort with a baby. It's very useful, I made it where her mom was mad she was pregnant, and her bfs mom hated her so the only option was to move out and get her own place, thanks to nraas mover all my simmy dreams came true lol
  • Options
    I'm still playing the legacy challenge and having fun, partly because I'm also playing the firefighter career for the first time, and it's probably the most fun Sim job there is.

My legacy founder will age up to an adult in a week. He has reached level 6 in the firefighter career, has built a tiny house, and has two potential love interests - Agnes Crumplebottom, who is his co-worker, and Blair Wainwright, whom he keeps bumping into in community lots, so it seems like destiny.
    I'm slightly in favour of Blair because Agnes is a firefighter like him -- I don't think it would be easy for me to play two firefighters. Which one do I choose to respond if an alarm goes off? It would be easier for me if his spouse worked in a rabbithole. On the other hand, he invited Blair out once and it didn't turn out so well, so maybe it will be Agnes after all.
    Oh, and Nancy Landgraab flirted with him after he rescued her home from angry gnomes, but she is out of bounds. :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top