Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 is recovering isn't it??

Comments

• Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I will consider it is 'recovering' when they actually put it on life support by putting an I.V. in it's arm and adding toddlers. Until then it's pretty much D.O.A. They haven't even started the 'medication' it needs but just been 'accessing' it's illness and everything they have tried so far isn't getting the heart beating for me. Still looks D.O.A.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    The Sims 4 spider babies you mean? It was a glitch in the beginning for some.
    Yeah I had that glitch even before I started putting CC in my game. Stretchy neighbors too which was scary.

That was a problem with Intel chips. I have a problem where Sims arms go backwards when they try to kiss or hug sometimes. I have an AMD card (one older, one much newer in two pcs) and that may be due to those AMD cards. But we never hear anything about them looking into those horrible twisted Sims.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »

That was a problem with Intel chips. I have a problem where Sims arms go backwards when they try to kiss or hug sometimes. I have an AMD card (one older, one much newer in two pcs) and that may be due to those AMD cards. But we never hear anything about them looking into those horrible twisted Sims.
    Ah that explains it then since I have Intel built in the laptop.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    MrHawkMrHawk Posts: 4,345 Member
    erm..... Nope. Still disappointing.
    I do hear some others like it though.

So.....still as divisive as ever is a better response.
  • Options

I never had that one. I did have the stretchy toddlers watching TV bug and the stretchy toddlers playing with blocks bugs until they were patched.

It was like watching evil versions of Richard Reed and Plastic Man hanging out.

• Options
    MrHawk wrote: »

I never had that one. I did have the stretchy toddlers watching TV bug and the stretchy toddlers playing with blocks bugs until they were patched.

It actually reminded me of those Stretch Armstrong toys. XD
    Stretch-Armstrong.jpg
    I think stretch skeleton glitch has hit almost all the Sims games. I don't remember seeing it in the first one.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    BreazonaBreazona Posts: 1,335 Member
    edited August 2015
    I feel like it is getting a little better. I re downloaded the game last night and played for 7 or 8 hours. I haven't played since May 9th so I did get a good bit of patches. To be fair, though, I'm doing a prettacy challenge and not traditional game play so maybe that's just distracting me. There's still a lot of things that need to be done and I'm hoping they don't just ignore the issues like they did with the bugs in Sims 3. Maybe I got the long end of the stick (I know it's not a saying, but I feel like it should be :tongue:) but I never had too many bugs in Sims 4, so that's good. Anyway, long post short, there's still a lot to be done and it should have made more progress in a year but I feel like it's playable - for me, at least. Anyway, there's my 1.5 cents. I'd also like to say I don't own any packs.

Edit: Grammatical error.
    sims 2&3 my beloved♥
  • Options
    TreycoxTreycox Posts: 79 Member
    I told everyone the Sims 4 is going to be one of the best Sims games ever made... B)
    No its isn't and won't be.
  • Options
    WindelyWindely Posts: 652 Member
    Absolutely! Now it is playable!
    Dina Caliente. ♡ TS2. ♡ Nina Caliente.
  • Options
    LaAbbyLaAbby Posts: 3,742 Member
    I think they've made a few changes that I liked, but I don't really see any recovering. I'm still waiting to call Sims 4 a base game.
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited August 2015
    the Sims 4 recovered before it even launched, I mean the confirmation of toddler's not being in the base game was truly a moment I shall cherish.

I mean boo hoo, no toddlers, the sims will never recover until those little demons are back. o:)
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    manda9801manda9801 Posts: 190 Member
    I never had any doubt that they'd add a bunch of great objects or that the EPs would be great. My problem is the foundation the game sits on. Try as I might, I cannot get past the closed tiny worlds with almost no venues and limited play for what is there. Or to put it more succinctly, no where to go, nothing to do when you get there and a loading screen in between.

I'm happy about dishwasher but they weren't the problem.

I agree. We had huge worlds that we could add tons of lots to, both residential and community lots, that really created a huge open world with so much potential for customization. I feel like these worlds are so small. We also can't add lots of our own, which I think is a huge step back.
    Kevin VanOrd of Gamespot gave this game a 6/10. Despite praising the visuals, audio, and the new multi-tasking and moods system, he states that he misses the 2 main features of The Sims 3: "Create-a-Style" and the open world. His conclusion is "The Sims 4's biggest problem is that The Sims 3 exists"
  • Options
    aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    edited August 2015
    I told everyone the Sims 4 is going to be one of the best Sims games ever made... B)
    Game Copies sold
    Sims 1-6.3 million
    Sims 2-6 million
    Sims 3-10 million
    Sims 4-?

After SimCity 2013 I cannot trust Maxis anymore, it feels like they just want to ruin the Sims franchise which includes Sim Ant, SimCity, The Sims, etc. Sims 4 is The Sims disaster of 2014 as SimCity 2013 was the 2013 disaster of SimCity. Though they are trying to make up for their mistakes sure but it's not as good as it should be. Sims 4 would be a big hit, if The Sims 2 and Sims 3 never happened. I'll give them another year to improve the base game which should be like The Sims and not whatever it's trying to be now.
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Treycox wrote: »
    Been loving this game from the beginning, so I always believed in the team. Although i'm happy to see that more and more people are enjoying the game aswell! There's a bright future ahead of this game, people tend to forget it's only been out for 11 months. So imagine all of the content coming for Sims 4 in the future!

<3
    "The Team" should have delivered a complete game 11 months ago.
    Yes, I agree. I regret feeling kind of forced to buy the additions to give it a new try. Just the basegame is too empty to enjoy. And I honestly think it's a disgrace, given what I payed for it.
    aws200 wrote: »
    Game Copies sold
    Sims 1-6.3 million
    Sims 2-6 million
    Sims 3-10 million
    Sims 4-?

After SimCity 2013 I cannot trust Maxis anymore, it feels like they just want to ruin the Sims franchise which includes Sim Ant, SimCity, The Sims, etc. Sims 4 is The Sims disaster of 2014 as SimCity 2013 was the 2013 disaster of SimCity. Though they are trying to make up for their mistakes sure but it's not as good as it should be. Sims 4 would be a big hit, if The Sims 2 and Sims 3 never happened. I'll give them another year to improve the base game which should be like The Sims and not whatever it's trying to be now.
    Without Sims 1, 2 and 3 nobody would be interested in this game I think. People would think "what kind of game is this, playing with people; well, it obviously doesn't work haha, it's dull". People are persisting because they know it actually can be fun to play with people. I know that's my reason anyway.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    aws200 wrote: »
    Game Copies sold
    Sims 1-6.3 million
    Sims 2-6 million
    Sims 3-10 million
    Sims 4-?

16 million for the Sims 1 according to: http://www.tmcnet.com/usubmit/2005/feb/1114806.htm

The Sims 4: http://honeywellsims4news.tumblr.com/post/119169641556/the-sims-4-75-million-annual-revenue-says-ea
    75 million annual revenue and 300,000 digital sales.

The Sims 3 had an increase of 137 million in sales from 2009 to 2010: http://investor.ea.com/ar2010/PDF/electronic_arts-2010_0119.pdf
  • Options

MrHawk wrote: »

It actually reminded me of those Stretch Armstrong toys. XD
    Stretch-Armstrong.jpg
    I think stretch skeleton glitch has hit almost all the Sims games. I don't remember seeing it in the first one.

*shudders :smiley:
  • Options
    Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    Just as an aside....it looks like the downloadable dishwashers are separate appliances and aren't going to be built into the counters. Why am I not surprised?
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited August 2015
    Jarsie9 wrote: »
    Just as an aside....it looks like the downloadable dishwashers are separate appliances and aren't going to be built into the counters. Why am I not surprised?

Y'all asked for dishwashers, don't complain :p
    But I think that's where move objects comes into play darling, but I'm Just spitballing.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    edited August 2015

They go in to the counters. The guru that made them confirmed that on twitter.

CLG8x18W8AArCEj.png:large

but do carry on.....
  • Options
    CapraCorn104CapraCorn104 Posts: 1,184 Member
    edited August 2015
    fullspiral wrote: »

They go in to the counters. The guru that made them confirmed that on twitter.

CLG8x18W8AArCEj.png:large

but do carry on.....
    Sometimes I feel like the Sims community is the most whiniest community I've been apart of. I'm not saying that them taking everything away from people's playstyles was warranted, but even when people get those things back they still find something to complain about.
  • Options
    justdancerebeccajustdancerebecca Posts: 1,334 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    I've been satisfied with it from when I got it, on sale, but I bought it sooner than I had most iterations. I've been impressed most with the look of it, and the the fact that I relate more to the Sims. The added content has been good quality as well. The bugs--I've had about half of the bugs, and the only slightly game breaking one for me is the incest bug. I'm glad they jumped right on the impartial relationship bug, tho.

Yikes, remember the spider babies?

Well that is because of CC - nothing to do with EA or Maxis. You cannot blame anything to do with CC or mods on the game - so really we need to stick to the game as it comes from Maxis to see potential (I never once saw distorted spider or stick babies because I don't use mods or CC in Sims 3).

Technically for me as long as babies morph into 10 year olds Sims 4 will contintue to not have potential no matter what they do with rest of the game, and the excessive culling like damaging the family trees and wiping out family ghost makes giving us family trees and ghosts as rather pointless - so the culling needs to stop when it comes to households we play - even once the sims die, and nothing should ever change our family trees for no reason but to add to them. They are our sims history and a game that destroys the history you built during play is pretty disrespectful to the players. The devs need to add an exception to the coding for the culling to protect the players own households in all ways. The main thing though unlike all the other Sims games that are done - all this can be rectified. There is nothing there listed that can't be at this point. So we will wait and see. But Sims 4 still has a long way to go to make all of us simmers happy. On the side of the Sims 4 team though I do like the fact they are making good attempts to fix things and give back the things we felt were missing - I just sure wished toddlers had been the first things they went for seeing I've really been waiting a year now to actually seriously play this game. It is a complete life stage and should be there from the start. It is still the one thing that they have not added back to the game that is costing them fans - some who may never come back because it's just been too long.

The TS4 spider babies? This happened for me at launch and I never had CC. :confounded:
    wr7jm5.png&quot

• Options
    ArlettaArletta Posts: 8,444 Member
    edited August 2015
    Never mind

• Options
    KooKoo Posts: 3 New Member
    I bought the sims 4 and it was interesting for a while, and to be fair I bought both sims 3 and sims 2 on sale with a few ep's bundled so Sims 4 was the first base game I'd ever bought. Boy was it empty. I've sense bought most of the ep's and packs for sims 4 and it's a bit better. Get to work is amazing! I think a family EP (toddlers and more elder and child stuff!) and Pets need to come out before I stop missing my Sims 3 though.

Also the personality part of the sims 4 is so lacking. There used to be so much more to build a character with, music food colors, five traits over three. Ofc the open world was way better and made things like the Island EP amazing, being able to jet ski across the map. It just feels like they improved 2/3rd of the sims 3 but then cut the other third out completely.