Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 is recovering isn't it??

Comments

• Options
    SlyvanasSlyvanas Posts: 855 Member
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    I appreciate the fact they're giving us dishwashers for free, but just as @TheMomminator said, they were not the problem.

I look forward to what they'll be unveiling during Gamescom, if anything.

I honestly wouldnt be surprised if what happens in gamescom is they show a demo of a sim making ice cream and using the dishwasher..
    oxv0Rm8.png
  • Options
    PhantomflexPhantomflex Posts: 3,607 Member
    Slyvanas wrote: »
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    I appreciate the fact they're giving us dishwashers for free, but just as @TheMomminator said, they were not the problem.

I look forward to what they'll be unveiling during Gamescom, if anything.

I honestly wouldnt be surprised if what happens in gamescom is they show a demo of a sim making ice cream and using the dishwasher..

If that were to happen, I'm not sure if I'd laugh or cry. I still remember last year when they had that maze and 2013 when they showed off the emotions and the really big rocket...
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I think it still has a long way to go. When basic things are going into the Sims Freeplay and still remain left out of the Sims 4, it becomes worrisome.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    edited July 2015
    There is nothing to recover from for me either. I've loved this game since I put it in. The only time I've had bugs that made me shut it down were recently when your sim couldn't load a lot. I'm really glad they fixed that. I stopped playing for a few days..
    There are some things that have come in patches I've really liked. The emotion system has very obviously been tweaked since the beginning. I liked that in the beginning now with the tweaks it's good too.
    I don't have the issues others do. I guess because I play with aging off, never experienced incest.. never experienced culling in a way that affected my play.
    I'm enjoying what they are adding in stuff frequently :). I can't wait for more.
    *edited for a sentence that made no sense ;)
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    HephaestionHephaestion Posts: 1,445 Member
    yep. recovering just about like the white rhino population.
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    There is nothing to recover from for me either. I've loved this game since I put it in. The only time I've had bugs that made me shut it down were recently when your sim couldn't load a lot. I'm really glad they fixed that. I stopped playing for a few days..
    There are some things that have come in patches I've really liked. The emotion system has very obviously been tweaked since the beginning. I liked that in the beginning now with the tweaks it's good too.
    I don't have the issues others do. I guess because I play with aging off, never experienced incest.. never experienced culling in a way that affected my play.
    I'm enjoying what they are adding in stuff frequently :). I can't wait for more.
    *edited for a sentence that made no sense ;)
    I like the game to and I have been victim to the culling but I have a mod that fixes that but I am into having mods in my game. Its been fun from the start and I enjoy seeing my family grow and have children of there own and having the kids meet all their relatives. I am not much into sending my sims places unless its to see family. So my sims are pretty much homebodies. I give them tons to do and then if I have to send them somewhere its usually to exercise.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    I'm happy about dishwasher but they weren't the problem.
    In a nutshell, exactly.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    I never had any doubt that they'd add a bunch of great objects or that the EPs would be great. My problem is the foundation the game sits on. Try as I might, I cannot get past the closed tiny worlds with almost no venues and limited play for what is there. Or to put it more succinctly, no where to go, nothing to do when you get there and a loading screen in between.

Exactly. The foundation isn't strong enough to support all the play styles from what we have seen so far. I think its heartbreaking that they have narrowed it so much.
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    I never had any doubt that they'd add a bunch of great objects or that the EPs would be great. My problem is the foundation the game sits on. Try as I might, I cannot get past the closed tiny worlds with almost no venues and limited play for what is there. Or to put it more succinctly, no where to go, nothing to do when you get there and a loading screen in between.

Exactly. The foundation isn't strong enough to support all the play styles from what we have seen so far. I think its heartbreaking that they have narrowed it so much.
    Though if you really don't send your sims anywhere then its not that bad. I love the game.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options

Though if you really don't send your sims anywhere then its not that bad. I love the game.

Toddlers don't exist at home either ;) I am glad you like the game @pepperjax1230 but there are a lot of family players who feel disconnected to TS4 for obvious reasons!
  • Options
    justdancerebeccajustdancerebecca Posts: 1,334 Member
    I knew from the beginning that it was just going to take time. Time that not everyone is willing to take to see if it starts looking up. I've been a Sims fan since, pfff, 2003? not as long as many, but I'm not going to leave the franchise when the game is still young and has so much potential. I'm fine with how it is, and I'm interested to see how it will fare in the next few years.
    wr7jm5.png&quot

• Options
    justdancerebeccajustdancerebecca Posts: 1,334 Member
    I've been satisfied with it from when I got it, on sale, but I bought it sooner than I had most iterations. I've been impressed most with the look of it, and the the fact that I relate more to the Sims. The added content has been good quality as well. The bugs--I've had about half of the bugs, and the only slightly game breaking one for me is the incest bug. I'm glad they jumped right on the impartial relationship bug, tho.

Yikes, remember the spider babies?
    wr7jm5.png&quot

• Options
    ApparentlyAwesomeApparentlyAwesome Posts: 1,523 Member
    I hope it has improved for those simmers who got it and were disappointed or got it and were happy but then quickly or over time were disappointed for one reason or another.

I'm just hoping they come here, to the official forum, and get our inputs for the Sims 5. (Fully) listen to what we suggest and would like to see and communicate with us better and more, and from what they gather give us a great game with great sims in a great world with tons of options and freedom to explore, create, and play in a variety of ways in the base game.

And I hope they take their time too and do it right. Understand and take into account the games history and that this is essentially millions of people literally playing in their own world. No piecing scraps together from a game that should have never been (if that's what they did :smirk: ), no telling us something and taking it back, no leaving stuff out and saying things like, "The base game is complete when it's released." A meal isn't complete simply because one puts it on a plate a serves it. :expressionless: It could be undercooked or half-baked.
    KqGXVAC.jpg
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited July 2015
    I've been satisfied with it from when I got it, on sale, but I bought it sooner than I had most iterations. I've been impressed most with the look of it, and the the fact that I relate more to the Sims. The added content has been good quality as well. The bugs--I've had about half of the bugs, and the only slightly game breaking one for me is the incest bug. I'm glad they jumped right on the impartial relationship bug, tho.

Well that is because of CC - nothing to do with EA or Maxis. You cannot blame anything to do with CC or mods on the game - so really we need to stick to the game as it comes from Maxis to see potential (I never once saw distorted spider or stick babies because I don't use mods or CC in Sims 3).

Technically for me as long as babies morph into 10 year olds Sims 4 will contintue to not have potential no matter what they do with rest of the game, and the excessive culling like damaging the family trees and wiping out family ghost makes giving us family trees and ghosts as rather pointless - so the culling needs to stop when it comes to households we play - even once the sims die, and nothing should ever change our family trees for no reason but to add to them. They are our sims history and a game that destroys the history you built during play is pretty disrespectful to the players. The devs need to add an exception to the coding for the culling to protect the players own households in all ways. The main thing though unlike all the other Sims games that are done - all this can be rectified. There is nothing there listed that can't be at this point. So we will wait and see. But Sims 4 still has a long way to go to make all of us simmers happy. On the side of the Sims 4 team though I do like the fact they are making good attempts to fix things and give back the things we felt were missing - I just sure wished toddlers had been the first things they went for seeing I've really been waiting a year now to actually seriously play this game. It is a complete life stage and should be there from the start. It is still the one thing that they have not added back to the game that is costing them fans - some who may never come back because it's just been too long.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    I knew from the beginning that it was just going to take time. Time that not everyone is willing to take to see if it starts looking up. I've been a Sims fan since, pfff, 2003? not as long as many, but I'm not going to leave the franchise when the game is still young and has so much potential. I'm fine with how it is, and I'm interested to see how it will fare in the next few years.
    I think you're downplaying there what issues people have with the game. People complain about essential lacks in the game, not about pets or weather or supernaturals.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options

The Sims 4 spider babies you mean? It was a glitch in the beginning for some.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    JoAnne65 wrote: »

Well if they were in Sims 4 I did not see them as there is no point to have babies in Sims 4 for me just to morph to 10 year olds. So that would explain if I never saw those. Sims 4 as far as I am concerned is all about Bros and YA's with Family not even thought of. Because the first Sims game had babies that morphed to a child - I never couldn't bring myself to play families in that either and that was well before Sims 2 came out and totally won my heart. But Sims 4 the only way to even like the game a little is play like I played the first Sims ever - no kids, move out all families with kids, and turn off aging. Then I have Sims 1 but with YA and elders too - who also don't have much point in the game thus far either. So any thing anyone brings up that was related to issues with kids or babies I never much have seen. I just go play Sims 2 when I want good family play or Sims 3 for supernatural family play.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    Writin_Reg wrote: »

Well if they were in Sims 4 I did not see them as there is no point to have babies in Sims 4 for me just to morph to 10 year olds. So that would explain if I never saw those. Sims 4 as far as I am concerned is all about Bros and YA's with Family not even thought of. Because the first Sims game had babies that morphed to a child - I never couldn't bring myself to play families in that either and that was well before Sims 2 came out and totally won my heart. But Sims 4 the only way to even like the game a little is play like I played the first Sims ever - no kids, move out all families with kids, and turn off aging. Then I have Sims 1 but with YA and elders too - who also don't have much point in the game thus far either. So any thing anyone brings up that was related to issues with kids or babies I never much have seen. I just go play Sims 2 when I want good family play or Sims 3 for supernatural family play.
    It was in the very beginning and fixed quite fast as I remember. It looked like this:

csbw9ytezygs16ge3hkf.png

Sims 3 only has spider babies and toddlers when you've got bad cc in your game like you said. I'm not too fond of Sims 4 babies either and nothing will stop me from missing toddlers. Well, unless they add toddlers ;)

5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    @Writin_Reg well said! Couldn't agree more. A year on almost and I'm still waiting for them to wow me-and at this rate with dishwashers only just coming back it's not looking like it'll happen quickly and its not like we've only been waiting five minutes...
    It was unreasonable to release an unfinished game contrary to Andrew Wilson's policy on no more unfinished games and expect us to wait or put up with the rush job on their self imposed time limit-its beyond unreasonable to suggest simmers are unreasonable to expect them to finish it-and a year on my initial patience has turned to anger-mostly because of the disrespect shown to players like me. They have abused the goodwill gained from years of loyalty by initially promising so much so I, and many others, kept the preorder based on trust, then not only did they not timely finish the base-but they have been busy dismissing valid complaints in interviews and on social media. Their PR is beyond terrible.
  • Options
    @Writin_Reg well said! Couldn't agree more. A year on almost and I'm still waiting for them to wow me-and at this rate with dishwashers only just coming back it's not looking like it'll happen quickly and its not like we've only been waiting five minutes...
    It was unreasonable to release an unfinished game contrary to Andrew Wilson's policy on no more unfinished games and expect us to wait or put up with the rush job on their self imposed time limit-its beyond unreasonable to suggest simmers are unreasonable to expect them to finish it-and a year on my initial patience has turned to anger-mostly because of the disrespect shown to players like me. They have abused the goodwill gained from years of loyalty by initially promising so much so I, and many others, kept the preorder based on trust, then not only did they not timely finish the base-but they have been busy dismissing valid complaints in interviews and on social media. Their PR is beyond terrible.

Yes, so have to agree with this.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options

It was in the very beginning and fixed quite fast as I remember. It looked like this:

csbw9ytezygs16ge3hkf.png

Sims 3 only has spider babies and toddlers when you've got bad cc in your game like you said. I'm not too fond of Sims 4 babies either and nothing will stop me from missing toddlers. Well, unless they add toddlers ;)

Oh my - nope, I'd remember if I ever saw that in my game. Probably start tossing Holy water at the monitor and keeping my distance. LOL.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options

csbw9ytezygs16ge3hkf.png

Oh my - nope, I'd remember if I ever saw that in my game. Probably start tossing Holy water at the monitor and keeping my distance. LOL.

Haha my teenage cousin used that as her reason not to buy!
  • Options
    To be honest I'm becoming a bit confused, because one of the reasons I follow these forums is because I want to know if things become better (good enough to start buying and playing myself). And people are becoming more enthousiastic it seems and claim the game is starting to live up to its potential and I can't deny that influences me. But then I try to list the things that changed, and at the end of the day it's just a vacation area where there's not a lot to do, checklist careers, doing things at the Spa (maybe that's fun for many; I hardly ever do anything in that direction in my S3 game and maybe that's just me, it bores me pretty fast) and now we get a dishwasher. What am I missing? Or is it just my playing style that differs too much from that from others? People who say they loved it from the beginning, (I only have the basegame so far) what did you do in the game, what am I not seeing? When I start it up there's nothing to do than talking to other sims and collecting and gardening. I have this feeling I'm turning blind and just don't see the great game that's hidden there (and I feel left out :(:D ). What do I do to have fun with this game...

(haha, yes, that would have been my reaction as well @Writin_Reg)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member

Yeah, I'm over here with this too. I'm please dishwashers have, finally, been added - too little too late, but they're here! So; yay! I also just found out on another thread that there is an option in game to ask another sim for a loan - I thought that was pretty cool too.

But the foundation this game sits on is wrong and broken. It also seems their priorities do not match those of its fans. I'm not ashamed to say that I think everything else should've taken a back seat to toddlers (well, maybe not bug fixes). The very things that made me fall in love with this game are the very things EA/Maxis decided to remove. I don't get it.

--T
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Yeah I had that glitch even before I started putting CC in my game. Stretchy neighbors too which was scary.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller