Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A Unique Modern Home Building Contest- Winner Announced

cmbaker16cmbaker16 Posts: 9,172 Member
edited August 2015 in The Sims 4 Lots
A Unique Modern Home Building Contest:

So I’m playing a Selfacy (a legacy where you use your simself) and I’m getting ready to start my 2nd generation but I really think she’d suit a unique modern home. However, I really can’t build modern homes unless it’s a traditional home with a modern touch, so I’m reaching out to the community for help! The winner will have their house featured in my Selfacy story, that’s not yet been posted as I like to play out a generation before posting.

What I want you to do is build a unique modern home using my family’s current budget of $200,000. This will make it even more challenging for some as I only have the base game though it is the deluxe version :)

I am using the big lot in Willow Creek as it is a legacy but you do not need to use that lot as I can place any lot on it so long as you are within the $200,000 budget any lot size is fine :wink:

The current due date is Aug.22nd I'm not going to give a time as long as it's in the gallery by or on Aug.22nd I'll accept it. Use #Bakerlegacy and #cmbaker16 Ended it early due to own reasons Winner will be announced within the next couple of days thank you to everyone who participated :)

Requirements:

While I do not mind the white and/or black color scheme modern homes have going I do like color so if you make a room that’s white and/or black a little color here and there would be nice.

Kitchen- should have a family dining area and breakfast bar using island counters.

Formal Dining Room- Should be able to seat eight.

Living Room- Should be just a nice room where the family can hang out. (some items to think of T.V, Bookshelves, card table, etc…)

A total of 4 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms-

Master Bedroom- This is the room for my simself and her husband which I’d like to be in neutral colors/tones with a bathroom suite.

Secondary master bedroom- This room will be for my 2nd generation heiress which I’d like to be pink/purple with white accents and woods, if possible, with a bathroom in a similar color scheme.

A Teen girl bedroom for Triplets(cause my heir has a younger set of triplet siblings): would like to see this in a mix of blues and greens with a bathroom suite.

A nursery/child’s bedroom: in a neutral gender color scheme.

A guest bathroom somewhere in the house if two stories preferably on the first floor.

Extra Rooms:

These do not need to be furnished just wall coloring/flooring as these are just so I have the room for them, so if you manage to get in all the above rooms but are still well within the budget with enough for a room or two I’d like…

A home gym can be big enough to just fit a treadmill and punching bag.

A small art studio

A home office

Landscaping/patios:

While plants make the house look nice and I do like a patio for outdoor entertaining this is not necessary but if you manage to fit it in excellent but otherwise it's not really all that important.

Scoring System:

As far as scoring system goes I don’t have one cause when it comes down to it I’m just going to go with the one I like :)
Post edited by cmbaker16 on

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2015
    Entry Form:

Username and Origin ID:
    Cost of House:
    Description:
    Pictures(no more than 4):

Entries:
    themostcecilia
    Rostri-Jodu
    Unfug013
    Kelleygirl
    FreeBird
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    Q & A:

Q: What can we use as far as Game packs and stuff packs?

A: I only have the base game so no game packs or stuff packs

Q: So, silly question, but do you want the home completely furnished or just a finished shell that you will fill?

A: That is a very good question, I would like the home furnished...the extra rooms I have listed however can be left unfurnished if you need them to be to stay within the budget, the family owns a treadmill and punching bag I can easily place in a home gym same with the art easel...those are just listed so I have room for the items if possible.
  • Options
    and it's open :)
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,624 Member
    Hello. :) Your contest to find a modern home for your simself is great! You may need to change the due date though because July 15th has passed. Perhaps you mean August?
    I will look forward to seeing the home entries. :)
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    @rosemow: Thank you for catching that it's 1am here and I've not slept yet so didn't catch my typo lol.
  • Options
    lovesstormslovesstorms Posts: 17,813 Member
    Yay! I'm definitely IN!

Perhaps @SummerFalls would like this as well. He's amazing at building. <3
    Origin ID: lovesstorms
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    - 20 Things About Highly Creative People
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • Options
    I can't wait and I hope he does if he's not too busy :)
  • Options
    A couple inspirational photos

1or2qa.jpg

96gsyc.jpg
  • Options
    sashrafsashraf Posts: 2,960 Member
    This looks like fun!
    Question:
    What can we use as far as Game packs and stuff packs?
  • Options
    sashraf wrote: »
    This looks like fun!
    Question:
    What can we use as far as Game packs and stuff packs?

I only have the base game so no game packs or stuff packs
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    More inspirational homes
    2rc94c4.jpg

2m2dhqe.jpg
  • Options
    Rostri-JoduRostri-Jodu Posts: 718 Member
    So, silly question, but do you want the home completely furnished or just a finished shell that you will fill?
  • Options
    So, silly question, but do you want the home completely furnished or just a finished shell that you will fill?

That is a very good question, I would like the home furnished...the extra rooms I have listened however can be left unfurnished if you need them to be to stay within the budget, the family owns a treadmill and punching bag I can easily place in a home gym same with the art easel...those are just listed so I have room for the items if possible.
  • Options
    Hmm. Okay. I may have to count myself out. 40k was barely enough for my preliminary build. Furnished will most certainly put the budget way over. Good luck to all!
  • Options
    Hmm. Okay. I may have to count myself out. 40k was barely enough for my preliminary build. Furnished will most certainly put the budget way over. Good luck to all!

oh...I see...I haven't built alot so wasn't sure if $40k was tight or not...I'll take a shell than or a partially furnished home :)
  • Options
    So after thinking about what @Rostri-Jodu said I played my family for a bit and my painter sim managed to complete her painter aspiration and she had a good run of master pieces so there's a new budget of $100k
  • Options
    Bigger budget! Woot!
  • Options
    Bigger budget! Woot!

I hope that'll allow you to continue with your build :D
  • Options
    It did. *nods* But it still didn't leave nearly enough to really furnish the place as I would've liked. Fours bedrooms and, in particular, four full baths can really eat up the cash quick! *shrugs* Anywho. The basics of what you requested are all in there - an eat-in kitchen, a dining room, a living room, 4 baths and 4 bedrooms - but there is very little in the way of decorations, landscaping, odds & ends, etc. Also, there's plenty of room for a patio and pool, but, again, not enough cash to go around. That said, I was able to add rooms for an office, a studio, and a home gym, but they be empty. I guess you'll have to paint a few more paintings! *smirk*
  • Options
    I'll see what my sims earn when I load up to play in a bit :)
  • Options
    The budget has again been updated it's now $200k and as my heir is close to aging $200k is the final budget :)
  • Options
    themostceciliathemostcecilia Posts: 37 New Member
    Username: themostcecilia
    Origin ID: themostcecilia
    Cost of House: 196,776
    Description: This house was made on a lot in Newcastle, and the dimensions are 40x30. I included the guest bath on the ground floor and a small home gym. While I wasn't able to put in a complete home office or art studio, I did include a desk/computer and bookshelf on the second story in one corner, and on the front-facing porch on the second-story, there's an easel and a bench outside. Hopefully I added enough color to the house. (I tried to keep that in mind while I fought my tendencies to make everything black and white in a modern home) The challenge was really fun-and the first challenge I've ever done- so thanks for posting this, and good luck on your selfacy!
    -I can't post photos yet because I don't have enough points, but the house is on the gallery with the #Bakerlegacy and #cmbaker16
    Thanks so much!
  • Options
    oh my first entry :) can't wait to see it :)
  • Options
    Some lovely inspirational pictures :)
    11t7tpe.jpg

210xfrs.jpg
  • Options
    Username and Origin ID: Rostri-Jodu & rostrijodu
    Cost of House: Exactly 200K, including the lot, which was a 40 x 30 in Willow Creek!
    Description: Everything you requested and a little bit more. The first floor features a front foyer, home office, home gym, master suite with bath, a formal dining room that seats eight, an eat-in kitchen, and a living room. The second floor features three bedrooms - including one for the triplets and one for a baby boy or girl - each with their own bath. The third floor features a small studio space. I also included a fully appointed patio and yard with a pool, a bar and grill, a fountain path and even a spot for some gardening. I left lots of wall space for Sim created paintings and even provided a sandy pit for future yoga sessions.
    Pictures:

txqkhv4.png
    tnInCJ6.png
    PMuhmsK.png
    Q519Je7.png