Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A Unique Modern Home Building Contest- Winner Announced

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    KelleygirlKelleygirl Posts: 599 Member
    username & origin ID: kelleygirl
    cost of house: $183,692
    description: It's a 4 bed, 6 bath modern on a 40 X 30 lot.

First floor has a living room, dining room, exercise room, guest bathroom off of the kitchen, and a master suite with private bath.

The second floor has a kid's bedroom, the triplet bedroom (blues, no greens; really missing color wheel here) pink bedroom for your teen girl, a separate den area with TV and a sitting area with bookshelves, and a balcony.

Third floor is an office/sitting room with an area to paint, and a large terrace with outdoor kitchen.

The house also has a small pool in the back yard but I've discovered I'm lacking in interior decorating skills, LOL.

I have no idea how to post pics, but hopefully I'm able to link you up via the gallery. I named it Baker Legacy and hashtagged cmbaker16 in the description.

http://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/FEC0B145411411E58848496604DFD993?category=lots&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=kelleygirl&max=25

Thanks for letting me participate, it was fun!
  • Options
    cmbaker16cmbaker16 Posts: 9,172 Member
    edited August 2015
    @Kellrygirl to post pics you have to upload them to a photo sharing site like tinypic or Photobucket but once you've upload the pic to the photo sharing site of your choosing you just copy the img code and paste it here :)

and thank you for your entry :)
  • Options
    HIFreeBirdIHHIFreeBirdIH Posts: 1,410 Member
    I finally finished!

Username and Origin ID: HIFreeBirdIH

Cost: 199,817 Simoleons

Description: This beautiful house provides more than enough space for your Sims to hang outside, and also provides living space for a large family.

The first floor has an open floor concept, with the entrance leading into the living room. There is a large kitchen at the back of the house, as well as a small gym off to side with a bathroom for your Sims to shower off in after an intense workout. Off the kitchen, there's a formal dining room, as well as a door that opens up to a large patio outside with its own pool. Off to the right of the living room there's an art studio perfect for your artistic Sims.

The second floor houses most of the bedrooms. The Master Bedroom has an en suite bathroom, as well as a window into the rooftop pool. The triplets' bedroom is also on this floor, with their own personal en suite. The nursery is located further down the hall, which then leads into another balcony overlooking the patio below.

The third floor houses an empty study and the heiress's bedroom. There's a large landing that has a balcony that looks all the way down to the first floor. The study is quite large, and you can shove as many things in there as you want. The heiress's bedroom has its own en suite bathroom as well, and is located near the doors that lead outside into the rooftop patio, which also has a pool. The outside backyard patio has a large area for your Sims to socialize, and a small garden area adjoins the patio. It's the perfect area for your Sims to plant all the seeds they find.

It's called Modern Greenery on the gallery, and good luck on your Selfacy challenge!

~Free Bird
    Just some random Simmer you probably don't even follow on the gallery! Gallery name's the same as my username! Did I just rhyme there?
    xyIcMqt.png
  • Options
    @HIFreeBirdIH Thank you for your entry :D can't wait to get a look at it :)
  • Options
    lovesstormslovesstorms Posts: 17,813 Member
    If I only had time. :(
    Origin ID: lovesstorms
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    - 20 Things About Highly Creative People
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • Options
    Hello83433Hello83433 Posts: 3,403 Member
    edited August 2015
    This looks so cool...if only I had Sims 4 :(

EDIT: The other entries look FANTASTIC!
    403046191195314s.jpg
  • Options
    Hello83433Hello83433 Posts: 3,403 Member
    edited August 2015
    Double post...

403046191195314s.jpg
  • Options
    I finally finished!

Username and Origin ID: HIFreeBirdIH

Cost: 199,817 Simoleons

Description: This beautiful house provides more than enough space for your Sims to hang outside, and also provides living space for a large family.

The first floor has an open floor concept, with the entrance leading into the living room. There is a large kitchen at the back of the house, as well as a small gym off to side with a bathroom for your Sims to shower off in after an intense workout. Off the kitchen, there's a formal dining room, as well as a door that opens up to a large patio outside with its own pool. Off to the right of the living room there's an art studio perfect for your artistic Sims.

The second floor houses most of the bedrooms. The Master Bedroom has an en suite bathroom, as well as a window into the rooftop pool. The triplets' bedroom is also on this floor, with their own personal en suite. The nursery is located further down the hall, which then leads into another balcony overlooking the patio below.

The third floor houses an empty study and the heiress's bedroom. There's a large landing that has a balcony that looks all the way down to the first floor. The study is quite large, and you can shove as many things in there as you want. The heiress's bedroom has its own en suite bathroom as well, and is located near the doors that lead outside into the rooftop patio, which also has a pool. The outside backyard patio has a large area for your Sims to socialize, and a small garden area adjoins the patio. It's the perfect area for your Sims to plant all the seeds they find.

It's called Modern Greenery on the gallery, and good luck on your Selfacy challenge!

~Free Bird

Just adding the link for easier use: http://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/955837B442DC11E58D4F496604DFD993?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=HIFreeBirdIH&max=50&maxis=false
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,624 Member
    Baker Legacy is a very nice home! @Kelleygirl :) The design of the exterior and the layout of the build is very nice! Very nice rooftop outdoors kitchen and dining patio level! Sims will enjoy cooking meals on the bbq there and eating the food in the sunshine at the umbrella covered tables or at the bar stool counter. Very nice sofa seats sitting nook. It looks nice how you have placed the sofas face to face with the coffee table in between. The sims will enjoy sitting there chatting, enjoying the outdoors air and the views from the rooftop level. It looks very nice how you have placed the hedging and the plants along the edges of the front pathway and side of the home. Nice backyard pool patio for sims to enjoy swimming in the pool. Very nice layout and furnishing of the interior of the home! It looks nice how you have placed the windows in the build. Sims will enjoy the sunshine coming in to the rooms whilst indoors.
    It is a very nice legacy home :)
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,624 Member
    The exterior design of Modern Greenery is very nice! @HIFreeBirdIH :) It looks very nice how yiu have placed the windows in the build! It is a light filled home for sims to enjoy the sunshine coming in through the windows as well as enjoying the outdoors views. Very nice roofing! The front patio is very nice! Very nice layout of the interior of the home!
    It is a very nice family home :)
  • Options
    Thank you to everyone who participated :) I'll be spending the next few days looking over the houses and deciding on a winner :)
  • Options
    After looking at all the houses in-game and testing each one out, I have found a Winner @Unfug013 congratulations :)
    ajy0bs.png
    I was just really drawn to your house and it's unique look, I really loved the circular roof shape (I've attempt to do those myself but I never seem to get them to look right lol) You will see it shown during my 2nd generation. As I do like to play out the generation before posting you should see the chapters appear within the next couple of weeks or so :D
  • Options
    Unfug013Unfug013 Posts: 59 Member
    Uhhh :) I'm happy. And you have one Reader more for your Story :) And thank you for your wonderful Inspiration Pictures they helped a lot and I take some Building Structures from them... like the Round Roof :D
  • Options
    Rostri-JoduRostri-Jodu Posts: 718 Member
    Congrats, Unfug! Nicely done.
  • Options
    HIFreeBirdIHHIFreeBirdIH Posts: 1,410 Member
    Congratulations @Unfug013
    Just some random Simmer you probably don't even follow on the gallery! Gallery name's the same as my username! Did I just rhyme there?
    xyIcMqt.png