Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

WINNERS UNDER RENOVATION CHALLENGE 16 RESULTS UP !!

Comments

• Options
    pronteruspronterus Posts: 2,166 Member
    I really didn't expect to win at all. Thank you, and congratulations to the other placers! Your renos were wonderful too :)
  • Options
    XinqunXinqun Posts: 612 Member
    Congratulations, and good job, everyone!

I'm really pleased to have placed, especially as the thing with the towers and the observatory was very much a last-minute inspiration. My original idea was to keep the whole shell of the "airport" building, paint it all a very dark blue inside and fill it with those round pool/wall lights to simulate a starry night sky. It really wasn't working, especially since the vista without the building was so much better.

Thank you, judges, for your comments and feedback. The funny thing is that I usually think I have a pretty good idea of what I'm doing with the interior, but the exterior landscaping is always a case of closing my eyes and hoping for the best. I should be back for challenge 8, and, with these notes in mind, we'll see how things go then.
  • Options
    lovelylyssia095lovelylyssia095 Posts: 381 Member
    Congrats @pronterus for winning and congrats to @Xinqun and @Cbear13 for also placing! Thank you guys so much! I was going for an oasis look and thank you guys for the tips! I'm going to have to sit this challenge out though, but I will be back for the next :)
    23692626361_214389dd31_c.jpg
    Link to Showcase

Link to Gallery
    Origin id: avnewton
  • Options
    rialreesrialrees Posts: 37 Member
    wow, Congratulations @pronterus ! i loved your build - the details of the lit billboards i especially adore!

thanks so much for the helpful feedback - will be back to take part in more of these challenges - had loads of fun :)
  • Options
    Issabella14Issabella14 Posts: 1,656 Member
    edited July 2015
    Congratulations @tounette56 for the winning entry in challenge7 and congratulations to @rostrijodu, @Nhicks, @pebblycat and @Penguinwa101 for placing entries. Another great challenge with so many great entries. Well done to all who participated in this challenge. <3:)
  • Options
    pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    Congratulations @tounette56 ! Very nice!!! (And I adored @Rostri-Jodu 's) The colors were AMAZING!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    Emma-LeeXOXOEmma-LeeXOXO Posts: 549 Member
    Congrats to all the winners, I don't know how you guys do it. Everyone did an amazing job!
    sMggKkh.png

• Options
    Cbear13Cbear13 Posts: 6,278 Member
    Congrats @Tounette56 and everyone who placed awesome job, I knew I would do horrible last week it was really rushed. Looking forward to this week should get more time to work on it.
    @Zita1966z lol the whole unisex bathrooms could of made it very interesting
    New%20siggie%2011th%20Nov%2015.jpg
    ✦✦ Origin ID: cbear1313 ✦✦ Gallery: cbear1313 Gallery ✦✦ Cbear's Creations ✦✦
    ✦✦ Quality Control Contest ✦✦ QC Monthly Contest ✦✦ QC Create A Room Competition ✦✦
    ✦✦ Quality Control Practice Challenges ✦✦
  • Options
    PersRealmsShadowPersRealmsShadow Posts: 360 Member
    Grats @tounette56 and everyone who placed! Awesome builds ^_^
    EkwtdjR.jpg
  • Options
    tounette56tounette56 Posts: 39 Member
    thank-you again everyone. everyone did a great job and I'm looking forward to judging entries for challenge 8 :)
    mum%20final_zpsuog1fjp8.png
    Visit my gallery at tounette56 to see my renovations and builds
    Check out my most recent builds Windenburg Forest and Rocket Ship
  • Options
    PebblycatPebblycat Posts: 861 Member
    Zita1966z wrote: »

7. @Pebblycat

Seems we had a lot of nightclubs to visit as it was a popular choice. lets get to that dance floor first. It was gorgeous!! It felt like we were in a real club and we just wanted the music to start and bop the day away. Loved the stripes on the wall with all those popping colors. The interior was well planned and the bar area was nice and close to to dance floor for gals and guys to grab a quick drink before continue dancing. Happy with the separate rest rooms for gals and guys.Loved the red carpet and maitre' d desk outside, welcoming the guests. The exterior decor was very nice with the enlarged signs. This was another good renovation.

Critique: The Etherian wood windows used on the exterior was a good choice for the club and maybe should have been used in place of the other windows as well. It would have made the exterior really pop out more and complimented the sleek look of it. The ferns looked a bit out of place in the front behind the pillar and did nor compliment the other exterior objects well. Maybe more paving and an resized object would have been a better choice.

I wanted to let you know that the I intended to use the "etherian wooden slatwall" as a wall as it's not actually a window and is a wall. After reading this I tested it on the build (with moo) and it doesn't work as a window as it lets no light in. Just thought you might like to know for future builds :) I hope I didn't loose lots of points because of this :(

I always seem to make silly decisions e.g the ferns and I can't see it until I'm judged. I try and keep this in mind when building and I think I over-think it sometimes :/
    My Origin ID: Pebblycat
    Visit Pebblycat's Showcase to see what I've created
  • Options
    Zita1966zZita1966z Posts: 9,641 Member
    Pebblycat wrote: »
    Zita1966z wrote: »

7. @Pebblycat

Seems we had a lot of nightclubs to visit as it was a popular choice. lets get to that dance floor first. It was gorgeous!! It felt like we were in a real club and we just wanted the music to start and bop the day away. Loved the stripes on the wall with all those popping colors. The interior was well planned and the bar area was nice and close to to dance floor for gals and guys to grab a quick drink before continue dancing. Happy with the separate rest rooms for gals and guys.Loved the red carpet and maitre' d desk outside, welcoming the guests. The exterior decor was very nice with the enlarged signs. This was another good renovation.

Critique: The Etherian wood windows used on the exterior was a good choice for the club and maybe should have been used in place of the other windows as well. It would have made the exterior really pop out more and complimented the sleek look of it. The ferns looked a bit out of place in the front behind the pillar and did nor compliment the other exterior objects well. Maybe more paving and an resized object would have been a better choice.

I wanted to let you know that the I intended to use the "etherian wooden slatwall" as a wall as it's not actually a window and is a wall. After reading this I tested it on the build (with moo) and it doesn't work as a window as it lets no light in. Just thought you might like to know for future builds :) I hope I didn't loose lots of points because of this :(

I always seem to make silly decisions e.g the ferns and I can't see it until I'm judged. I try and keep this in mind when building and I think I over-think it sometimes :/

@pebblycat - Thank you 4 your post. Here's the thing: I am aware that it was a wall lol , and saw that you moo'ed it up there, It was possible to moo the same wall in place of the windows that I was referring 2. There is also a window that looks very similar 2 the Etherian Wooden Wall, called Positive Passel Window - that you could have used in stead of the wall if you wanted some light in the dancefloor area.Hope this answers your question/statement.

Here are 2 pictures, one with the moo'ed wall and the other with the window :)

cptdCpz.png

4xHPML9.png

Happy simming :)

• Options
    I'm sorry @Zita1966z. I didn't see the positive passel window as I never looked in the mid sized windows :# I knew I could moo the etherian wall but it doesn't let any light in.
  • Options
  • Options
    NhicksNhicks Posts: 1,580 Member
    Congrats @tounette56 !! Well deserved! Congrats to all the entrants as well as everyone submitted beautiful builds. I love the variety that was shown. Thanks to the judges as well it was a fun challenge!
    Find Me In The Gallery! MzHicks #MzHicks
    ~My showcase thread~
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/814744/mzhicks-builds
    How You Liven - A Peek Into YOUR Sims World
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/887032/how-you-liven#latest
  • Options
    pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    Oh, just got around to seeing this--sorry about that! I thought we were allowed to change the size of walls, but I should have known exterior walls would have been taboo! Oh well! Thank you! It was so much fun doing it! <3
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    Oh, just got around to seeing this--sorry about that! I thought we were allowed to change the size of walls, but I should have known exterior walls would have been taboo! Oh well! Thank you! It was so much fun doing it! <3

I LOVED your entry - sorry about the walls :'(
  • Options
    pronteruspronterus Posts: 2,166 Member
    edited August 2015
    Congrats to @Cbear13 and everyone else who placed. It was a great challenge! :)
    Critique: We would have liked to see a bit more unity as apartments all together and maybe only using one floor as a commune area. The top roof garden area was a good idea but there was no access to it. Maybe next time add only shrubs and plants to the roof garden. Bigger trees can overpower the effect at times.

Thanks for giving a critique! :) By unity, do you mean the layout of the floor plan for the apartments? As for the rooftop garden, I originally had planned access for it, but there was some kind of glitch in the game that if I place stairs going there, the lighting on the lower floors is affected and treats the lighting there as if it were outside. I had to scrap the idea in the end to save the interiors. :D Thanks for the tip about adding only shrubs and plants.
  • Options
    Cbear13Cbear13 Posts: 6,278 Member
    Thankyou @rosemow and @pronterus such a surprise so happy
    New%20siggie%2011th%20Nov%2015.jpg
    ✦✦ Origin ID: cbear1313 ✦✦ Gallery: cbear1313 Gallery ✦✦ Cbear's Creations ✦✦
    ✦✦ Quality Control Contest ✦✦ QC Monthly Contest ✦✦ QC Create A Room Competition ✦✦
    ✦✦ Quality Control Practice Challenges ✦✦
  • Options
    pronterus wrote: »
    Congrats to @Cbear13 and everyone else who placed. It was a great challenge! :)
    Critique: We would have liked to see a bit more unity as apartments all together and maybe only using one floor as a commune area. The top roof garden area was a good idea but there was no access to it. Maybe next time add only shrubs and plants to the roof garden. Bigger trees can overpower the effect at times.

Thanks for giving a critique! :) By unity, do you mean the layout of the floor plan for the apartments? As for the rooftop garden, I originally had planned access for it, but there was some kind of glitch in the game that if I place stairs going there, the lighting on the lower floors is affected and treats the lighting there as if it were outside. I had to scrap the idea in the end to save the interiors. :D Thanks for the tip about adding only shrubs and plants.

@pronterus :) I'll pm you Sunday..off to bed now :)
  • Options
    bokylie1bokylie1 Posts: 804 Member
    Congratulations @Cbear13 and everyone. Your builds were amazing.

I am so surprised to have placed equal 4th.
    Forum and Origin ID: bokylie1

• Options
    Congratulations @Cbear13 :) it was a beautiful renovation