Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Room Challenge

Comments

• Options
    BekahSueBekahSue Posts: 623 Member
    I completed my challenge in 66 days. The final score was 99. It would have been higher except that I would get so distracted by trying to earn money that I forgot to have her chat on the computer.

Here's the final look at Abby's 8x8 room:
    157lkis.png

And the basement:
    bh10n8.png

And now that Abby has completed the challenge, she's off to find a nice, big mansion to live in.
    29wpnpz.png
    t99zif.jpg
  • Options
    katoregamakatoregama Posts: 1,129 Member
    Good times! : D I like how the upstairs is simple, bright, and cheerful, and the basement is just ART-SPLOSION!!!
    Kato, Kato, rhymes with tomato.
    Players: Check out my Sims 4 Room Challenge.
    Devs & Players: Check out my Archaeology Career Idea
  • Options
    ra3reira3rei Posts: 2,418 Member
    Letty91 wrote: »
    I'm not keeping track of points, just doing the challenge for fun. So far I have maxed cooking and programming. Here is a look at my "room". The three rooms in the back are all galleries for different types of paintings - not accessible to mr Jorb of course!

I would love to see what everyone else's "room"s look like :smile:

I love it! 3 bar stools, such luxury! I've only got 1 bar stool at the moment, but I had the added challenge of not making a square building. Here's the majority of my "room." (The garden is just to the south of this image).

06-10-15_12-14c2a0am-2.png

BekahSue wrote: »
    I completed my challenge in 66 days. The final score was 99. It would have been higher except that I would get so distracted by trying to earn money that I forgot to have her chat on the computer.

66 days - I'm impressed. I'm on day 16 myself and we've accomplished the "have x number of paintings" aspect of the Mansion Barron. I fear we'll be going long past 66 days at this rate.

My story is here (https://raereigames.wordpress.com/category/room-derelict) if you're interested in reading along. New episodes every Monday till the end of the summer. I'm already feeling cruel and heartless for locking her in.

Check out Raerei's Fortress for Builds, Short Stories, and maybe some longer stuff.
  • Options
    Letty91Letty91 Posts: 432 Member
    ra3rei wrote: »
    I'm not keeping track of points, just doing the challenge for fun. So far I have maxed cooking and programming. Here is a look at my "room". The three rooms in the back are all galleries for different types of paintings - not accessible to mr Jorb of course!

I would love to see what everyone else's "room"s look like :smile:

I love it! 3 bar stools, such luxury! I've only got 1 bar stool at the moment, but I had the added challenge of not making a square building. Here's the majority of my "room." (The garden is just to the south of this image).

06-10-15_12-14c2a0am-2.png

BekahSue wrote: »

66 days - I'm impressed. I'm on day 16 myself and we've accomplished the "have x number of paintings" aspect of the Mansion Barron. I fear we'll be going long past 66 days at this rate.

My story is here (https://raereigames.wordpress.com/category/room-derelict) if you're interested in reading along. New episodes every Monday till the end of the summer. I'm already feeling cruel and heartless for locking her in.

that is a super awesome house! You have inspired me to make an odd shaped house on my next round of this challenge (which might not be fore a while, but still!). I have made some changes to mine that include moving the art gallery to the basement and building what will be Skimbo`s future home around my "room". I am on the final stage of the mansion baron aspiration now, time to start adding lots of windows!
    Dear EA/Maxis,
    I am incredibly disappointed with the lack of answers provided by you in regards to issues and bugs with TS4.
    I will not be purchasing anything more from you until a proper venue for dialogue is opened.

Sincerely,
    A concerned simmer
  • Options

that is a super awesome house! You have inspired me to make an odd shaped house on my next round of this challenge (which might not be fore a while, but still!). I have made some changes to mine that include moving the art gallery to the basement and building what will be Skimbo`s future home around my "room". I am on the final stage of the mansion baron aspiration now, time to start adding lots of windows!

Nice! I'll be interested in seeing the final product. I adore seeing the "start" and "finish" of the mansions in this challenge.

Technically, my room's not fully legal as the hallway makes it 7 squares too big, but I can't put things on the floor (the mail box is within the allotted space) so it's just walking space and it was needed for the story. I don't think it helps the challenge too much. Oh - speaking of the mailbox *can* be used. You get a popup that they "threw" the mail in the box, but it accepts payments and (hopefully) books. Once my girl starts writing.
    Check out Raerei's Fortress for Builds, Short Stories, and maybe some longer stuff.
  • Options
    (picture heavy)

Here is the gallery I have created in the basement, eventually there won't be enough room for everything but I will deal with that when I get there :smile:

21007_10155773726610128_4981362139896183419_n.jpg?oh=c8c1d8aa96fa47a86124de6fa605ce63&oe=5631BC05

Then the main floor - the "room' will eventually be the living room

11391423_10155773727110128_4393949664505935509_n.jpg?oh=96a772c441f5d7d20e62ec8791696a70&oe=561F6445

and the upstairs doensn't have much going on yet...

1545104_10155773727360128_601669066122800809_n.jpg?oh=5cdb07e53b991f33a6af63fc87d00b89&oe=56316162

but I have completed the bathroom since I took the previous pictures and I am really happy with it!

10458496_10155773727520128_2023071596363343051_n.jpg?oh=991c4cacb2d8820ba0a93b04a9487d6c&oe=561B90B0

Dear EA/Maxis,
    I am incredibly disappointed with the lack of answers provided by you in regards to issues and bugs with TS4.
    I will not be purchasing anything more from you until a proper venue for dialogue is opened.

Sincerely,
    A concerned simmer
  • Options
    Very nice!
  • Options
    TS_DivaTS_Diva Posts: 477 Member
    edited July 2015
    KnEkpa.png

I'm curious, but I see lots of people completing this aspiration. How do they view art in a museum? Computer art?

EDIT: It isn't Browse Art on the computer. I checked.

EDIT2: And after finishing 55 or so pages, I see the aspiration has changed since October.
    Post edited by TS_Diva on
  • Options
    amaresityamaresity Posts: 319 Member
    I have been doing this challenge ut have lost track of the days is there any way to find out how many sim days have been played?
  • Options
    I'm keeping track by how old my sim is. On long life they live 80 day, normal life is 20 for both ya and adult. I look to see how many days left till their birthday. Not ideal, but it works. Not sure if it works with auto aging off....
  • Options
    I have aging off. Think I'm about 4-5 weeks in. Still in the room but about to hit 3/4 mansion baron still living in the box
  • Options
    With aging off, unless it still tracks the days, I think there's no easy way. I wish they'd add "days alive" to the page of various stats. Whims completed is nice, but not as useful in this case.

Ooh well done! @amaresity I'm about that far in but haven't gotten past stage one. I'm kindof trying to save up money before I build. We just started to make decent money in paintings and selling plants. She has managed to max cooking, gardening, and painting though.
  • Options
    CriminalMintCriminalMint Posts: 5 New Member
    This challenge sounds like fun! I like the idea of controlling only one sim that never leaves the house. It might be a nice change of pace from trying to wrangle my legacy challenge family.
  • Options
    @CriminalMint its perfect for a legacy break. So much tighter focus. And (hopefully) shorter time frame. Post here if you start so we can see how it's going.
  • Options
    For some reason the paintings I paint and hang aren't contributing to the total house worth which is disappointing. Getting there though $250k out of 350k til she can have a front door again and explore her house.
  • Options
    I feel like I read about a painting bug a while back...something about putting them in your inventory first? Sadly I can't quite remember the details.
  • Options
    Completed tonight. Quite annoyed with myself I didn't track the days but had a lot of fun with it and gave my sim the make lots of friends aspiration after completing to make up for lost time :)
  • Options
    PearLadyPearLady Posts: 207 Member
    holy plumbob, this challenge hooked me. It's kind of taken over my world for the past couple days. My challenge virginity has been popped. heh
    Actually, this challenge is a good diversion for those having the relationship glitch problem.

Starting stats on my sim--
    Name: Yvonne Bighaus (sort of like "Iwanna-bighouse")
    Starting aspiration: Writer/muser
    Traits: Creative, Cheerful, Perfectionist (b/c I do like a happy sim...tempted to make her insane for they make me laugh as well, but also thought that might be too easy for challenge as stated by others)
    Life span: Long life (b/c she's my first challenge and already attached to her - lol)

Anyway, here's my girl in action:
    RoomChallengeYvonneBighaus1.jpg

She wasn't quite good at cooking yet on that pic.
    She resides on a little lot in Willow Creek, over by the Roomies and the Rainbow Glade tree.

Adventure Highlights:
    -- welcome wagon visit on first day, unbeknownst to Yvonne. I waved to them on her behalf.
    -- had taken the door off that first day as the challenge rules state. Realized a couple days in, we've door locks now, of which you can set to lock out EVERYONE. Big duh on my part. hehe
    -- she's not been "critically low" on anything so far, though it was close once for a potty break and once going to bed.
    -- gave her some plants to grow and nurture. Such a relief when she finally reached level 4, so she could talk to them.
    -- never really collected the postcards with my other sims, that's been a bit of fun and satisfies my need to collect.
    -- I feel for the postal carrier as he or she remarks about throwing Yvonne's mail. lol
    -- mastered writing, cooking; uber-close on painting (like a couple of paintings close), close on gardening, gourmet cooking, handiness. I forget what else. Writer aspiration needs 2 bestsellers to be done (super-annoyed they're alluding her). Mansion baron aspiration starting to go up finally. I wish I was better at building (practice, practice, practice I know).
    -- funny moment happened, then kind with the theme song "Bad day" by Snow Patrol (yes, I'm going old school). She kind of had a bad day (at least it would be for me). She took a potty break and broke the toilet AND the sink. Then, went to fix something to eat and broke the stove. Handiness skill boost! lol

Not sure on points so far. Got a -30 for age unfortunately so far. No minus for critical stats; about +50 or 60 pts. so far for completed skills/aspiration stages.

Enough gabbing from me, off to play! *G*
    Don't anger the fruit. It may make her toot (at you). ;)
  • Options
    Welcome to the challenge dark side. :D

Ooh - sounds like you've been doing well so far. It's so fun, isn't it? I like how you have to concentrate on just one sim. The focus means I see so much more of my sim than I ever see of any of the other one I play. This is only my third challenge and now and I've only competed one before. I'm hoping this will be the second one I complete.
  • Options
    I'm super close to completing the mansion baron aspiration and I am so excited - except for the fact that I just recently learned how profitable publishing books can be, especially compared to selling/collecting paintings.

I'm not tracking points this round but I think on my second try I'm going to see what I can score - sort of cheating but all in fun.

Happy simming :smiley:
    Dear EA/Maxis,

Sincerely,
    A concerned simmer
  • Options
    I'm super close to completing the mansion baron aspiration and I am so excited - except for the fact that I just recently learned how profitable publishing books can be, especially compared to selling/collecting paintings.

I'm not tracking points this round but I think on my second try I'm going to see what I can score - sort of cheating but all in fun.

Oh! Would you say writing is more profitable? I guess I usually stop publishing after a certain point but the most my sims have ever made was 6k daily. I felt like painting could bring in more daily, around 8k.
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    ra3rei wrote: »

Oh! Would you say writing is more profitable? I guess I usually stop publishing after a certain point but the most my sims have ever made was 6k daily. I felt like painting could bring in more daily, around 8k.

I was able to bring in around 7-8k daily with writing, but that was with publishing at least a book a day, and sometimes, two. My Roomer never made much with painting--but that's because I didn't realize it would eventually be profitable!
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    I've not played for a couple days on this. I have aging on and Normal life span, so she is just about to hit Elder (5 days away I think). Not sure if I will finish this, as I'm still quite a ways off. Room is 6x8 (I didn't count very well, did I?) and she breaks nearly everything constantly! I've given up on repairing, as it just takes too much time. No gardening, so Chat on computer is all I have for social (won't make that mistake again) which takes forever, so wasting time on repairing just got too cumbersome. Here is where I am so far.

TlJyjw.png
  • Options
    EuphorialQueenEuphorialQueen Posts: 6,224 Member
    @TS_Diva Social tip (for next time). The Microphone (Activities & Skills) will fulfill Social and Fun by 'Telling Jokes'. Learned that from another Simmer. :wink:
  • Options
    Talking to plants actually raises social quite fast. 4-5 hours on computer chat vs 1-2 hour talking to plants yields roughly the same gain (40-50% of the bar). I learned this after I started the challenge, unfortunately. I will probably try this again after I finish, or die trying, this one. haha

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top