Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Room Challenge

Comments

• DeannacarverDeannacarver Posts: 119 Member
    what if ur social gets low do u keep it low?
  • Raiiny_DazeRaiiny_Daze Posts: 6 New Member
    Can you grow plants to talk to? Once the sim reaches a certain level in the Gardening Skill he/she can talk to plants and it raises their social bar.
  • Broncos4lifeBroncos4life Posts: 11,798 Member
    I think I'm going to try this challenge. I will probably go a few week with aging off to see if I like the challenge, and then start aging and the point system.
    Do you like solving a mystery? Come join a mafia game!
    Link: here!

71t7p4hX88L._AC_SL1500_.jpg
  • DarciTheFoxDarciTheFox Posts: 1,589 Member
    I want to try this! I have a unique story theme that will fit PERFECTLY with the rules of this game. I have one question though, you can't add stairs to a second story? So you can only build a first story, or you can build whatever but your sim can only use the first story? Can they ever use the second story?

What about basements? Can they use basements? I'm hoping the use of the second story and the basement opens up in the challenge, I'd hate to go the entire challenge with only having the 1st floor usable.
    Wait, is the sim ever allowed to leave the 8x8 space or can they move out of that tiny space as they earn money and expand the house, they just can't leave the house, right?
  • StormyDayzStormyDayz Posts: 4,035 Member
    Wait, is the sim ever allowed to leave the 8x8 space or can they move out of that tiny space as they earn money and expand the house, they just can't leave the house, right?

I don't know about everyone else but when I did the challenge my sim never left the 8x8 space. I got her house on the gallery, it had a little outdoor area and everything. If you're interested I probly noted the name of the house so I can look if you want.
    edited May 2016

I don't know about everyone else but when I did the challenge my sim never left the 8x8 space. I got her house on the gallery, it had a little outdoor area and everything. If you're interested I probly noted the name of the house so I can look if you want.

Oh wow, that complicates my story a little if they can never leave the 8x8 space. That's amazing you didn't have your sim leave the small space! Oh thank you, I would love to look at it! Though, I think I'll be looking for something with a certain theme, or maybe building it myself? I'm not sure yet. Maybe I'll like the house that you used and just start with that. :)<3

I might have to bend that one rule a little for the purposes of my story. I kind of need my readers to be able to see the expansion of the house through my character's eyes.
    Oh wow, that complicates my story a little if they can never leave the 8x8 space. That's amazing you didn't have your sim leave the small space! Oh thank you, I would love to look at it! Though, I think I'll be looking for something with a certain theme, or maybe building it myself? I'm not sure yet. Maybe I'll like the house that you used and just start with that. :)<3

I might have to bend that one rule a little for the purposes of my story. I kind of need my readers to be able to see the expansion of the house through my character's eyes.

Okie dokie lemme look and see if I made note of it... aaaand of course I didn't! Nowadays I always do! If you want to see what the challenge is like it would only take like 5 minutes to read my goofy posts. Room Challenge When online services are back up I'll see if I can find the house that I used. I'm pretty sure someone from this thread built it.
    edited May 2016

Okie dokie lemme look and see if I made note of it... aaaand of course I didn't! Nowadays I always do! If you want to see what the challenge is like it would only take like 5 minutes to read my goofy posts. Room Challenge When online services are back up I'll see if I can find the house that I used. I'm pretty sure someone from this thread built it.

Ah! Brilliant! Thank you! I actually have read some of your goofy posts! They were great and made me even more interested in this challenge! I liked the little outdoor garden, but I'll probably be skipping that for mine and do an indoor one. I need to go back and read your room challenge again to finish it now that I'm doing the challenge too! :D

I think in mine, I will allow my character to leave the 8x8 space after they've worked hard enough to add another room, but they can't leave the house ever and I won't have any windows. Idk, I wonder what the official rule is on that.
    Ah! Brilliant! Thank you! I actually have read some of your goofy posts! They were great and made me even more interested in this challenge! I liked the little outdoor garden, but I'll probably be skipping that for mine and do an indoor one. I need to go back and read your room challenge again to finish it now that I'm doing the challenge too! :D

I think in mine, I will allow my character to leave the 8x8 space after they've worked hard enough to add another room, but they can't leave the house ever and I won't have any windows. Idk, I wonder what the official rule is on that.

Darn, whoever made the house I used must have taken it off the gallery. If you look under #roomchallenge there are several houses on there though. I believe that the challenge is to live only in that 8x8 space. I think I remember a few people building around the space and locking the doors or something? It's been so long!
  • NelleKnowsNelleKnows Posts: 3 New Member
    Just finished the Room Challenge, was a blast! Just the type of challenge I like, has enough to keep you busy but isn't super long and tedious like some can be (clears throat "legacy challenges" cough) ;)
    Finished with a final score of 221 which I'm pretty happy with. Had some fun with my sim Molly McPherson. Went for Insane, creative and cheerful as traits and worked well. Though I don't think insane helps too much on the social side, unless you give them enough free time to talk to their "friends" the lamp, table etc, which I don't lol. Having a computer to chat on, troll the forums, gives just as much social as talking to yourself :)
    Worked on painting skill and getting gardening up asap, then painted and wrote books for money. Got to about 8k per day from my books, then discovered how well "painting from reference" paintings sell so I spent the last few days doing that and plastering them all over the walls of my tiny abode to bring value up. Got a bit of a penchant for painting risque self portraits at the end there (with the aid of surrounding myself with mirrors) haha, but they all had such a great value I couldn't help myself :P
    Might try it again at some stage with no rewards and aging to normal (I played with aging on long) and see how I go. I only purchased traits though, never used any potions. Mostly focused on the skill improving traits, and ofc creative visionary was a must:pensive:
    Great challenge though, thank you! :) I had fun!

I'll put my sim and starter house up on the gallery if anyone is interested. Gallery name is Ashaeda, sims name for this challenge is Molly McPherson
  • Panta19757Panta19757 Posts: 1 New Member
    So, I made my sim a teen, thinking it would be the best way to keep him alive for as long as possible (I wanted to try with ageing on.) I then realised, he would still be a high school student and can't leave his house to go to school...

Time to make a birthday cake.
  • beautifull407beautifull407 Posts: 6 New Member
    Or you can pay your bills with your cell phone.. :blush:

• beautifull407beautifull407 Posts: 6 New Member
    lynny wrote: »
    Don't you need to use the mailbox to pay bills? Other than that, it sounds like an interesting challenge.

no, you can pay on the computer

Or you can pay your bills with your cell phone..
  • DeannacarverDeannacarver Posts: 119 Member
    or you can have apiece of your 8X8 as a porch kinda and have your mailbox there that way you can summit stuff you write if wanted
  • KojiKKojiK Posts: 786 Member
    can we use bb.showhiddenobjects?

EA Game Changer

If inspiration bites, grab on to it!

• KojiKKojiK Posts: 786 Member
    a social need in yellow is consider as critical???

EA Game Changer

If inspiration bites, grab on to it!

• tuityfruity12ajtuityfruity12aj Posts: 1,508 Member
    edited August 2016
    I decided to give this a try!

Here is Emilia... she doesn't look to pleased that she's going to be a part of this challenge. Her aspiration is to be an author, she is a bookworm, creative, and neat.
    08-08-16_11302nbspPM_zpsvugwtuu3.png

Her new home
    08-08-16_11318nbspPM_zpsfzt857mq.png

heh heh see you later Emilia >:)
    08-08-16_11540nbspPM_zpshtu9tdgv.png

She typed away the first few days writing her first two children's books. Then, she wrote a book with a bunch of short stories called Tales of Living Alone - stories about what it's like to live in an 8x8 space, so that she could keep somewhat sane.
    08-08-16_14225nbspPM_zps4w5zx2lw.png

.... it's not going so well
    08-08-16_21335nbspPM_zpsf1v07nht.png

I failed to get a picture of the layout when I first started, it's a lot different now and I got too into playing so I don't have any recent pictures. But I have a 3x2 space in the back left corner where the curbside garbage can and the mailbox is at. She also has a ton of plants laying around the house. Since she is a bookworm, I didn't think it was necessary to have a TV, so she has a bookshelf instead. Currently I'm at 109 points with the author aspiration completed, the first segment of Mansion Baron completed, and she started the gardening aspiration. She also has maxed writing skill and almost maxed the painting skill. I ended up making a small building outside the house which just holds all of her paintings, like a mini gallery. I think that's acceptable... right? I hope I'm doing this right though! I'll update later.
  • frozenorangejuicfrozenorangejuic Posts: 1,830 Member
    Hello everyone! I just started this challenge as a way to reintroduce myself to the game (I haven't played since the beginning of July due to health problems and then surgery). My sim is Mindy Boone and she is a Bookworm, Creative, and Insane. Her Aspiration is Bestselling Author. I haven't been keeping track of points, but I think I'm five days in because it's Friday? She has already completed two levels of Bestselling Author but her house is only worth like $17,000 right now. I did not think to take a screen shot before she started, but here she is and how her house looks now. I really liked this door and it was fairly cheap so I used it as the inspiration for the color scheme. When I started she didn't have a dining table, dining chair, only one counter, and no wall or floor coverings but everything else is the same I think. Oh and I just remembered I got her a better sink, she just had the cheapest one before. I haven't had time to read through the thread as I can still only spend limited amounts of time sitting at the computer so I have no idea if my strategy will work or not. I suck at building so I plan to just throw columns in the back yard and stuff haha!

09-29-16_12-06-57nbspAM_zpschgth5wb.png

09-29-16_12-04-28nbspAM_zpspycehp0l.png
  • WanderlustjunkiWanderlustjunki Posts: 1 New Member
    I started my own room challenge and I haven't played it in a couple days. I just started playing it again today and all of a sudden my Sim has developed relationships with random sims! How did this happen?? Did I do something wrong?
  • timeladylexitimeladylexi Posts: 6 New Member
    Challenge accepted... In a few days once I get settled and break starts for a few days.. lol!
  • 17lani7117lani71 Posts: 51 Member
    A quick question which I think I might know the answer to, but want to check anyway:
    The 8x8 room : must you always stay in that room specifically or once you expand and create other rooms, are you allowed to go into them (provided, of course, they are connected)?

Thanks
    Check out my blog at https://theravenrose.wordpress.com/ !
    [img]file:///C:/Users/Lenovo/Downloads/s.png[/img]

• LukeVestergaardLukeVestergaard Posts: 1 New Member
    could I make an 8x4 house, with a 8x4 outdoor area, that's used for gardening, but is fenced off ?
  • 4ngelique4ngelique Posts: 1 New Member
    I will try this challenge for sure !
  • Soraya4simsSoraya4sims Posts: 223 Member
    This is Soraya Chacon .
    5pVKcDM.pngcM1QnZy.png

This is her house. i locked the door.. do i still need to delete it?

086s8kI.pngSw6JZN0.png

Shes starting with the bodybuilder asp. wil be a short one
    #Soraya4sims check out my videos on YouTube! YouTube.com/soraya4sims

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top