Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Room Challenge

Comments

• sparkler_rosesparkler_rose Posts: 466 Member
    > @TS_Diva said:
    > I'm curious, but I see lots of people completing this aspiration. How do they view art in a museum? Computer art?
    >
    > EDIT: It isn't Browse Art on the computer. I checked.
    >
    > EDIT2: And after finishing 55 or so pages, I see the aspiration has changed since October.

Not sure if this was mentioned/asked, too many pages to read I only browsed. But couldn't you turn the lot into a museum and then back to a house?
  • TS_DivaTS_Diva Posts: 477 Member
    I don't know about the OP, but I would consider that a cheat.
  • ra3reira3rei Posts: 2,418 Member
    TS_Diva wrote: »
    I've not played for a couple days on this. I have aging on and Normal life span, so she is just about to hit Elder (5 days away I think). Not sure if I will finish this, as I'm still quite a ways off. Room is 6x8 (I didn't count very well, did I?) and she breaks nearly everything constantly! I've given up on repairing, as it just takes too much time. No gardening, so Chat on computer is all I have for social (won't make that mistake again) which takes forever, so wasting time on repairing just got too cumbersome. Here is where I am so far.

TlJyjw.png

I like your tracking and how you're doing it by week. Really helps show how your sim is advancing!
    Check out Raerei's Fortress for Builds, Short Stories, and maybe some longer stuff.
  • katoregamakatoregama Posts: 1,129 Member
    > @TS_Diva said:
    > I'm curious, but I see lots of people completing this aspiration. How do they view art in a museum? Computer art?
    >
    >
    > EDIT2: And after finishing 55 or so pages, I see the aspiration has changed since October.

Not sure if this was mentioned/asked, too many pages to read I only browsed. But couldn't you turn the lot into a museum and then back to a house?

Wouldn't that boot your sim outside the premises, and force other NPC's to spawn on the lot?
    Kato, Kato, rhymes with tomato.
    Players: Check out my Sims 4 Room Challenge.
    Devs & Players: Check out my Archaeology Career Idea
  • TS_DivaTS_Diva Posts: 477 Member
    @ra3rei Thanks! I got the idea from others, but keeping a daily sheet proved tedious. (I'm really lazy about things like this) She really isn't advancing as quickly as I hoped, though.

@katoregama Ohhh, yep, it would. I didn't even think of that.
  • EuphorialQueenEuphorialQueen Posts: 6,224 Member
    edited July 2015
    katoregama wrote: »
    > @TS_Diva said:
    >
    >

Wouldn't that boot your sim outside the premises, and force other NPC's to spawn on the lot?
    *You cannot change a Residential lot to a Commercial lot with a Sim living there.
    *Once the lot becomes Commercial other Sims would visit. If you Sim has the slightest interaction with any other Sim that Sim will visit the lot and call on the phone.
  • Julyvee94Julyvee94 Posts: 6,694 Member
    Hey I'm going to try this right now but I still have a few questions ^^ Am I allowed to use the computer for social since chatting is technically considered as making friends?
    Am I allowed to LOCK the front door instead of deleting it? It just looks prettier ^^
    Or alternatively am I allowed to build in a basement instead of overground?
    - You need to start a new sim from scratch, so they can't chat with friends on a computer. But they can still generic chat on one. XD

- You can lock the door if you want, but don't let anyone enter/leave.

- Yes you can build in a basement instead.
    Julyvee94 wrote: »
    Hey I'm going to try this right now but I still have a few questions ^^ Am I allowed to use the computer for social since chatting is technically considered as making friends?
    Am I allowed to LOCK the front door instead of deleting it? It just looks prettier ^^
    Or alternatively am I allowed to build in a basement instead of overground?

My room is a basement one. I think the rule is just not stairs, so my stairs are outside the square.
    Check out Raerei's Fortress for Builds, Short Stories, and maybe some longer stuff.
    You can use stairs too, just remember they're going to take away from your usable space.

http://www.demon-heart.com/sims4/ixion/ixion-02.jpg
    http://www.demon-heart.com/sims4/ixion/ixion-04.jpg

That white door in the first pic was the front door I deleted, so that patio space out front was not accessible. XD
  • mwyatt139mwyatt139 Posts: 374 Member
    I've been reading through this thread and if I decide to play the Sims again, this will definitely be a challenge that I will attempt. One question is how big can the house be at the end? How do you know when it is the end (assuming no catastrophes)

Makes me miss the Social bunny or would that be cheating? Sorry I read the rules in depth but I still feel a little confused
    Link to my Facebook feel free to friend me: https://www.facebook.com/Spiritualanddifferent
    Link to my blog: https://www.merismusings.wordpress.com
    Link to my Twitter (used mainly for promoting my blog): https://twitter.com/BridgetW1990
    Add me on Origin: mwyatt139

event.png
    mwyatt139 wrote: »
    I've been reading through this thread and if I decide to play the Sims again, this will definitely be a challenge that I will attempt. One question is how big can the house be at the end? How do you know when it is the end (assuming no catastrophes)

Makes me miss the Social bunny or would that be cheating? Sorry I read the rules in depth but I still feel a little confused

The finished house can be as big or small as you want. The goal is to complete the Mansion Baron Aspiration without leaving an 8 x8 area or having your Sim communicate with other sims. So you'll know it's "The End" when you complete that aspiration. :)

However, raising other skills and completing other aspirations will earn you points, so there's that too.

There isn't a Social Bunny in Sims 4 so it won't be an issue.
  • Letty91Letty91 Posts: 432 Member

as far as the social aspect goes - make sure you have some plants because you can talk to them and it raises your social bar much faster than using the computer to chat :smile:
    Dear EA/Maxis,
    I am incredibly disappointed with the lack of answers provided by you in regards to issues and bugs with TS4.
    I will not be purchasing anything more from you until a proper venue for dialogue is opened.

Sincerely,
    A concerned simmer
    So, I just finished the challenge. 88 days. For a total of 142 points.

Amelia maxed
    Cooking, Gourmet Cooking, Baking, Painting, Gardening, Wellness, Writing.
    She completed the Fabulously Wealthy, and as much of Gardening, Painting, and Renaissance Sim as she could. We might have picked up more but she had plenty of traits and once I picked to work on mansion baron we just stayed there.

Her traits were
    Outgoing, Insane, Music lover, Quick Learner
    Shrewd, Marketable, Speed cleaner, fertile, super green thumb, frugal, savant, creative visionary, never weary, morning sim, great storyteller, night owl and now Thrifty.

Amelia was trapped on a space ship alone for 3 years. You can read all about her adventures on my blog: raereigames.wordpress.com. The final post will publish tomorrow and the last post (an epilogue) the following Monday.

I really really enjoyed this challenge.
    • Grapes are awesome. They are worth a fortune once they are perfect.
    • This challenge took just over 24 in game hours so it's a short one, but unless you can play on fast or have a good story, it gets kind of tedious near the end when they've maxed all the skills and they're just painting, gardening, and writing books.
    • She left her room for a half second when I was building the mansion, but I had her teleport herself back into her rooms immediately. Wellness for the win.
    • Completing Fabulously wealthy before starting on the house was a great idea I read here. It meant we flipped from level 0 of mansion baron to 3 in one go and just had to finish off the final 150,000 to bring the house form 200k to 350k. And didn't have to worry much about devaluing (the house was still worth about 198k when we were ready for the final build). And the bills were only 6k (with Frugal).
    • Go over how much you think the house will be worth. I foolishly only made it to 344 my first build and when I popped in to add the final 6k and popped back out the value was down to 328.
    Week 4
    -7 Days
    With the Program +5
    Technically Adept +5
    Third Tier of Computer Whiz Unattainable. Requires Job!
    Fledge-Lingguist +5
    Handiness LVL 10 +10

doris-16.jpg

I'm $1000 shy of completing the first tier of the Mansion Baron. I was working on the Computer Whiz Aspiration, but when it became impossible (reach level 2 of Tech Guru Career) I moved on to the Writing aspiration. I got past the first Tier for the first half of the week, then stopped to focus on making some cash. Toilets don't sell as well as I though, but bathtubs do! They cost $376 to create, but can sell for around $1500, which is a great way to ear cash. It's not as fast as painting can be, but it's more stable.

doris-17.jpg

I encountered a strange bug though. After dropping in her crafted toilet and bathtub, I wanted to just have a room full of bathtubs off to the left there, bit it kept having a script error, and they wouldn't place. Very odd. Still, I made it a more proper room even though she can never visit. So close! So very close!

doris-18.jpg

Create a toilet? *squints* Did I read that right or miss something (a pack or something to make this possible?)
    Link to my Facebook feel free to friend me: https://www.facebook.com/Spiritualanddifferent
    Link to my Twitter (used mainly for promoting my blog): https://twitter.com/BridgetW1990

event.png
    Daemongrin wrote: »
    Ugh turned into an Adult and Darrius can't stand any of the female sims around he needs someone ; ;

Insane Music Loving Perfectionist

His everyday looks - i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee197/Daemongrin/Thorne-1.png

EDIT: If you think you know of a female sim (no CC) that would match him let me know!

No CC!!! My Simself is pretty and kind of close but not entirely. I think when you bring a sim into your game you can change the traits right?

http://www.thesims.com/gallery/9474E899E83411E480D255E4B4723409?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=mwyatt139&max=50&maxis=false

event.png
    Week 4
    -7 Days
    With the Program +5
    Technically Adept +5
    Third Tier of Computer Whiz Unattainable. Requires Job!
    Fledge-Lingguist +5
    Handiness LVL 10 +10

doris-16.jpg

I'm $1000 shy of completing the first tier of the Mansion Baron. I was working on the Computer Whiz Aspiration, but when it became impossible (reach level 2 of Tech Guru Career) I moved on to the Writing aspiration. I got past the first Tier for the first half of the week, then stopped to focus on making some cash. Toilets don't sell as well as I though, but bathtubs do! They cost $376 to create, but can sell for around $1500, which is a great way to ear cash. It's not as fast as painting can be, but it's more stable.

doris-17.jpg

I encountered a strange bug though. After dropping in her crafted toilet and bathtub, I wanted to just have a room full of bathtubs off to the left there, bit it kept having a script error, and they wouldn't place. Very odd. Still, I made it a more proper room even though she can never visit. So close! So very close!

doris-18.jpg

Create a toilet? *squints* Did I read that right or miss something (a pack or something to make this possible?)
    Yeah, it's the handiness trait, I've never done it though. But smart idea! With the creative visionary trait, Amelia was cranking out 2 to 3 masterpieces a day so value was never too much of an issue. That crafting bench though, would have taken up a lot of room in my build. Pretty sure I'll do this challenge again, and when I do I'll def, try crafting!

YES. You can craft toilets, chairs, tables, bathtubs, mirrors, and garden planters on the basegame workbench. I have one very outdoorsy-sim (I guess?) and he's crafted a lot of his own furniture! The workbench is similar to the inventing table in Sims 3, except you build functional furniture. You can even build guitars and violins.

Piperbird1 wrote: »
    I couldn't do it. I tossed her back in, but I knew she had tasted brief freedom, and the rules say 'in till it's done'. I just popped back to the last save point. Silly TS4 glitches.

But since it would be a game glitch and not something you did intentionally, you shouldn't have to restart from the last save

event.png
  • feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    Thank you, I put it at the bottom of her bed.
    pk I found my pics.
    Please meet Barbara Venice
    10-26-14_11-26nbspAM-2_zpsdbc48e97.png
    Her tiny house with her little garden, I think it measures about 62 squares including the garden.
    10-26-14_12-00nbspPM_zps25bd8f6b.png
    multi tasking lol
    10-26-14_12-16nbspPM_zpsb42ffa1e.png
    My sim has been very busy, she is now at the top of cooking and gardening, this painting which I think looks so funny, and she kept is worth nearly $2000. so she did got the builders in.
    11-03-14_12-50nbspAM_zps194d05d1.png

The most expensive bathroom furniture.
    11-03-14_12-36nbspAM_zps0d6c2819.png

She also got new wall cupboards in her room, no pic sorry.
    and for all her hard work she bough a chess set which was a wish of hers.
    11-03-14_12-01nbspAM_zps01679804.png

she also has a better sofa and chairs. all her plants are now crafted, but I want to get a microscope but I wasn't sure how to get it in, until I read that you can move things around on the lot or put things in the inventory.
    Barbara is in week 5, she has just paid her 4th bill. and level 10 in painting.
    Barbara finished the 25 paintings, she is doing the painting aspiration at the moment,
    11_15_14_8_00_PM_2.png
    upload photo
    I managed to get them all done and finished between the first and second bill. then I sold most of them.
    Barbara is doing the painting aspiration at this time and she managed to get the 25 paintings between the first and second bill, and then I sold most of them.
    11_15_14_8_00_PM_2.png
    upload photo

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top