Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

UNDER RENOVATION Challenge 35

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    Willow Creek Mansion is very nice! @Pebblycat :) The water fountain feature with the flowers around the edges of it in the front of courtyard looks very nice! It looks very nice how you have used the hedges and a row of roses to line the edges of the courtyard. The enlarged cars look great there! The ground lights are a nice touch there. The plants on the front porch are nice for sims to see when coming to enter the home. The art and study room is very nice! Sims will enjoy painting on the easel or doing crafting on the woodwork table there. Nice sofa seat sitting area for sims to enjoy resting reading a book from the bookcase. They will like sitting at the desk table using the computer. The art decor look great in the room! Very nice dining room! The brown colour scheme of the room looks very nice. The floor rugs complement with the colour of the walls. The type of dining seats and curtains that you have used there look nice. The candles and flowers on the dining table are pretty for sims to see when sitting dining there. The fruit wall picture and the golden twisted sculptures in the corners are nice touches in the room. Very nice kids bedroom! The blue colour scheme of the room looks nice, and the dinosaur and giraffe look cute! Nice corner study desk nook for kids to sit and do their homework at. The fish bowl is a nice touch on the bedside table. The outdoors pool and hot tub patio is very nice! It looks very nice how the hot tub is on a deck into the pool! The water fountains look so pretty around the edges of the tub! Sims will enjoy relaxing in the tub. The planter boxes on the windows look nice.
    It is a very nice home :)
  • Options
    mommataurus2mommataurus2 Posts: 1,845 Member
    Xinqun wrote: »
    Under Renovation: Challenge 5
    Origin ID: Xinqun
    Forum ID: Xinqun
    Link to gallery: 1 Edgware Lane
    Street name of build: 1 Edgware Lane
    Cheats used: Resizing
    Total cost of renovation after upload: 443,267
    Would you like to receive any critique? Yes, please

UR5a.jpg
    UR5b.jpg
    UR5c.jpg
    UR5d.jpg
    UR5e.jpg

I won't have access to the game starting Wednesday, so I will probably not be able to take part in the next challenge.

I am in AWE of your garden! Holy crap! And I love how you labeled all the rooms for us! A Cloak Room-Genius!
    momma-new-sig-3.gif

Check out my showcase.Come Check Out My New Sims Blog! https://greetingsfromwindenburg.wordpress.com/

Big shout out to @Cbear13 the amazingly talented and ever wonderful creator of my siggie!

• Options
    PebblycatPebblycat Posts: 861 Member
    edited July 2015
    tounette56 wrote: »
    Origin ID: tounette56
    Forum ID: tounette56
    Link to gallery: Here
    Street Name of Build: Charlize Theron's Home
    Total cost of renovation after upload: $449,996
    Would you like to receive any critique? Yes
    Charlize%20Theron%20House_zpsdgqvjicw.png
    Charlize%20Theron%20Hosue3_zpsa70qcngw.png
    Charlize%20Theron%20House%202_zpshh5niqyx.png
    Charlize%20Theron%20House%204_zpsourrihhn.png
    Charlize%20Theron%20House%205_zpsnbte6r7m.png

I hope you like my house everyone and good luck :)
    I have also made my own Charlize Theron which you can find Here
    My Origin ID: Pebblycat
    Visit Pebblycat's Showcase to see what I've created
  • Options
    Pebblycat wrote: »
    tounette56 wrote: »
    Origin ID: tounette56
    Forum ID: tounette56
    Link to gallery: Here
    Street Name of Build: Charlize Theron's Home
    Total cost of renovation after upload: $449,996
    Charlize%20Theron%20House_zpsdgqvjicw.png
    Charlize%20Theron%20Hosue3_zpsa70qcngw.png
    Charlize%20Theron%20House%202_zpshh5niqyx.png
    Charlize%20Theron%20House%204_zpsourrihhn.png
    Charlize%20Theron%20House%205_zpsnbte6r7m.png

I hope you like my house everyone and good luck :)
    I have also made my own Charlize Theron which you can find Here

Wow this is one of the best Charlize Theron's I have seen so far! Great house!
    momma-new-sig-3.gif

Check out my showcase.Come Check Out My New Sims Blog! https://greetingsfromwindenburg.wordpress.com/

Big shout out to @Cbear13 the amazingly talented and ever wonderful creator of my siggie!

• Options
    PebblycatPebblycat Posts: 861 Member
    @Xinqun lol, I hadn't even noticed it, I think I was too excited to have it done and uploaded. I guess it doesn't really matter now ;)
    My Origin ID: Pebblycat
    Visit Pebblycat's Showcase to see what I've created
  • Options
    tounette56tounette56 Posts: 39 Member
    Thank you @mommataurus2
    mum%20final_zpsuog1fjp8.png
    Visit my gallery at tounette56 to see my renovations and builds
    Check out my most recent builds Windenburg Forest and Rocket Ship
  • Options
    pronteruspronterus Posts: 2,166 Member
    All these renos look great! Good luck to everyone!
  • Options
    bokylie1bokylie1 Posts: 804 Member
    After seeing everyone else's renovations, I can see how poor mine is and how out of my depth I am. I think from now on I will be an observer rather than a participant.
    Forum and Origin ID: bokylie1

• Options
    Zita1966zZita1966z Posts: 9,641 Member
    kamb1403 wrote: »
    After seeing everyone else's renovations, I can see how poor mine is and how out of my depth I am. I think from now on I will be an observer rather than a participant.

Hi @kamb1403 Please reconsider. We are so amazed how you have grown over the 5 challenges. The whole purpose of this thread is to grow within yourself and your creativity and you have a lot of it. Its not about winning at first..(even though it is a natural aim to want to win) Look at me, I have been entering week after week in the @buildnshare challenges and have not won once! lol In the beginning I was discouraged but soon realized that I have to challenge my own creativity and that we are all winners just by taking that step and by participating. And your Charleze Theron has already been selected to feature in the 2 slideshows. Congrats on that! You have talent my girl, continue what you are doing and learn from others where you feel you need to improve. If there is anything I can assist you with, please pm me and we'll take it from there. I am excited to see when you have reached your full potential. Looking forward to your pm. <3
  • Options
  • Options
    @Zita1966z Love the fountain and the private study! :D
  • Options
    Zita1966z wrote: »

Hi @kamb1403 Please reconsider. We are so amazed how you have grown over the 5 challenges. The whole purpose of this thread is to grow within yourself and your creativity and you have a lot of it. Its not about winning at first..(even though it is a natural aim to want to win) Look at me, I have been entering week after week in the @buildnshare challenges and have not won once! lol In the beginning I was discouraged but soon realized that I have to challenge my own creativity and that we are all winners just by taking that step and by participating. And your Charleze Theron has already been selected to feature in the 2 slideshows. Congrats on that! You have talent my girl, continue what you are doing and learn from others where you feel you need to improve. If there is anything I can assist you with, please pm me and we'll take it from there. I am excited to see when you have reached your full potential. Looking forward to your pm. <3

This! Before entering any build challenges like this one, the interiors of my houses looked too plain and bland, but after participating in a few, I have found myself putting more effort into designing and decorating my builds, especially the starters that I normally love to build. I learned so many things just by looking at how other people do things and apply what I've learned to every build I do. The best way to learn something is by observing AND doing. Hence, I agree with Zita that we're all winners just by participating in challenges like this one. :) Really glad that there are challenges like these because aside from killing boredom, it improves creativity :)

• Options
    CHALLENGE 5
    6OPfeVv.jpg
    oKaYlSS.jpg
    tWkWB8k.jpg
    NidYDUb.jpg
    ASO6rRv.jpg

I LOVE the study! That's brilliant the way you used the bookshelves.
    momma-new-sig-3.gif

• Options
    UHkonP2.jpg

Only 3 hours left to submit your entry for challenge for 5 !

Challenge 6 will be posted within those 3 hours: A few pointers on challenge 6:

1. The purpose of every challenge is to have fun and push your creativity. :)
    2. With challenge 6 we are going to do exactly that, but also frustrate you with some moo objects that you might need to moo back when the shell is downloaded. The purpose of this is to also have a good moo exercise worked into the renovation. <3
    3. The points allocated for this challenge will be different from the previous ones, so make sure you read the brief top to bottom <3
    4. The build of the shell was very very challenging for me 2 do and a learning curve for me to improve on aswell :D
    5. Thank you to all the participants on challenge 5 - We are in the final stages of judging and they look AMAZING!

T'ill later
    Zita <3
  • Options
    Your Charlize Theron's House is very nice! @tounette56 :) The flowers and lamps on top of the circular section on the front porch looks very pretty! The trees in the front garden are very nice how you have placed them! The double front gates look very grand! Very nice outdoors living, dining and pool patio! Sims will have fun swimming in the pool. It looks very nice how you have placed the brown and red sofa and armchairs poolside for sims to enjoy sitting and resting there, having a chat. The hampers there are a nice touch. Sims will enjoy cooking meals on the BBQ and eating the food at the umbrella covered tables, enjoying dining in the outdoors air. They will have fun dancing to the music from the stereo! Very nice music room! It is nice that you have placed armchairs there for sims to enjoy sitting relaxing, listening to the music from the piano being played. The trophies are nice touches on the tables in the room and round floor rug looks nice under the piano. It is great that there is a photo studio area in the home! The fish water fountain and flowers feature is very pretty! Your Charlize sim is very pretty! :)
    The home is very nice :)
  • Options

Please keep entering @kamb1403 :) Each of your makeovers have been so very nice and great! It is more the fun of doing the challenge rather than winning. The challenges cause simmers to try out new techniques to suit the type of home, to fit the shell and to keep the budget down. I hope that you will continue to keep entering.
  • Options
    Frn8Oth.jpg

Challenge 6 has been posted on Page 1
  • Options
    Emma-LeeXOXOEmma-LeeXOXO Posts: 549 Member
    Origin ID: EmmaLeeXOXO_C
    Forum ID: Emma-LeeXOXO
    Link to gallery: http://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/7A3C2C12281311E58521DD9BA9ABE24D?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=EmmaLeeXOXO_C&max=25
    Street name of build: Fit For A Celebrity
    Cheats used: moo, debugg, unlock hidden objects
    Total cost of renovation after upload: 355,036

Space for Advertising pictures

VtU3JLw.png
    8rQhEED.png
    yF41cgL.png
    b16F6lP.png
    TVh721m.png
    sMggKkh.png

• Options
    XinqunXinqun Posts: 612 Member
    Frn8Oth.jpg

Challenge 6 has been posted on Page 1

Hmmmm. Aside from here, I mostly hang out on the Starter Home thread and the Micro Mini Challenge thread. Small space, looks to be about 5 or 6 wide? Totally not a problem. MOO? Uh ... never used it before. I thought I'd have to, with some of the windows on Challenge 5, but it turned out I didn't. I could probably wing it; it's an aeroplane, after all.

On the other hand, I will be without Sims access from Wednesday on....
  • Options
    Challenge 6 looks unique and exciting! I'll get started on it soon :)
  • Options
    rialreesrialrees Posts: 37 Member
    Oh My Goodness challenge six looks AMAZING! Never entered anything like this before but am definitely going to give this a go!!!
  • Options
    pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    edited July 2015
    Just to clarify...there are no stairs so I'm assuming I'm free to place them anywhere I wish or am I missing them? And we can get rid of the junk in the yard? (I hope)
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
  • Options
    OMG! This one looks hard....I have zero ideas. Gonna have to really fire up the synapses for this one!
    momma-new-sig-3.gif

• Options
    XinqunXinqun Posts: 612 Member
    Okay, turns out this is 8 wide, not 6 wide.

...what am i going to do with all this space??