Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

jbsquared2000 (Jewels) - Thank You Thread & Vagrant Crash Pad

Comments

• Options
    jbsquared2000jbsquared2000 Posts: 895 Member
    @NESChic - thank you so much for the Steampunk items! What an interesting set that is, with all of the gears and cool mechanical gadgets. I'll confess, I had no idea what "Steampunk" actually was, and that it was actually based in reality, until @gnlovew posted a link to a band her son likes. Who knew! :smiley:
    Here, among friends, you can call me Jewels (or Julie).
    My not very profound or life-altering signature quote: Life is short, so laugh often - it will make your children nervous. B)

My thread of Sincere Thanks
    No more wishlist for me! It disappeared in a poof of gift-giving smoke!
  • Options
    @MysteryGhost2013 - thank you SO much for the Waning Moon table and the cool and funky Le Cirque outfit! I'm glad you've jumped into the Gift the Person Above You game, and are also having fun in the Gifting Directory. The people on this forum are so nice and helpful, and you seem to fit right in with everyone! Thank you again for your generous gifts and have a great night! :smiley:
    My not very profound or life-altering signature quote: Life is short, so laugh often - it will make your children nervous. B)

• Options
    MysteryGhost2013MysteryGhost2013 Posts: 406 Member
    @jbsquared2000 You are very welcome, I'm really glad you liked it and I'll promise to gift you again when I buy more simpoints :smiley:
    I'm so lucky to be here with all of you great and nice simmers :blush: Thank you and good night :smile:
  • Options
    @DakotaWahl - You gifted me the microphone!! I have been dying to have that - wondering if it really does work as a microphone, or not. But honestly, if it's just a prop, it's still pretty awesome! Thank you also for the dream catcher - another really cool decoration. I really appreciate the gifts and am so glad for the opportunity to get to know you. Have a great night! :)

• Options
    @RaeNic (via @Cogitotoro) - you are so sweet! Thank you for gifting me part of your prize winnings! The scooter is cute and I'm looking forward to giving it a whirl (bad pun) next time I am able to get into the game. I hope you are doing well, OE isn't too hectic for you, and you are enjoying your summer, some. Thank you again! :smiley:<3

• Options
    NESChicNESChic Posts: 431 Member
    so welcome!
  • Options
    ss81 wrote: »
    Wanted to stop by and say thank you for the mirror, I love it <3:)

You are so welcome! I'm glad you liked it! And I owe you another thanks for the bookshelf that you sent to me! I'm working my way through the Waning Moon set, and I'm almost there! It is so nice to get to know you, here on the forum. Have you been on here, long? I've been playing the Sims for years, now, but have only just gotten on the forum within the past two months. It's amazing how much I've learned in that short time, and I am constantly amazed by how nice everyone is!

Thank you again for the gifts, and I hope you have a great night! :smiley:

• Options
    @simgeek79 - thank you so much for the woven blanket chair and the simplicity day dress! Waning Moon and Fifth Avenue Fashions are getting closer and closer, for me! I hope your daughter is having fun playing the Sims, also! I believe you mentioned that you had other children playing, as well. I've tried to get my son into the Sims, but he's too much into the fast paced world of Halo. Not sure where I went wrong with that kid.. lol.

Thank you again and have a great night! :)

• Options
    ss81ss81 Posts: 508 Member
    Your very welcome :) I have been playing the Sims for years and have been a member since 2009. I took a break for a while and decided to come back and check out the new site. I had forgotten how much fun it was and how many nice people I was able to interact with. Very glad to be back <3<3
  • Options
    RaeNicRaeNic Posts: 767 Member
    @RaeNic (via @Cogitotoro) - you are so sweet! Thank you for gifting me part of your prize winnings! The scooter is cute and I'm looking forward to giving it a whirl (bad pun) next time I am able to get into the game. I hope you are doing well, OE isn't too hectic for you, and you are enjoying your summer, some. Thank you again! :smiley:<3
    Awe. You're welcome! I'm glad she was able to find something you'd enjoy. :) Have fun with that scooter, (not so) bad puns and all. ;) Hope your summer is starting well, also.
  • Options
    simgeek79simgeek79 Posts: 2,173 Member
    You're welcome <3 Yes both my girls play Sims 2 and 3...my son has tried Sims 3 but he too prefers World of Warcraft or Call if Duty...Fine with me, one less person to share with ;)
    I now Own the Store!!...Thank you to everyone who helped me get here <3

Are u new to the Store? Then check out: the Daily Deal Thread
    - Cascades & Daily Deals & Love Kids Stuff? Check this out!
  • Options
    friday027friday027 Posts: 610 Member
    @friday027 - You have once again been such a huge help with helping me to finish up some sets I've been working on. I've almost gotten Waning Moon down to where it will be a green download button the next time it comes around on the Daily Deal, so thank you again for your help with that! :smiley: It's been great to pick up on some of the tips that you've been able to provide on the forums, too. I'm always amazed by how much there is to learn about the Sims in particular, and computers, in general!

First of all, Congratulations on being one of the winners in Cogitotoro's Sims Caption Contest! That can be a hard one, since so many people submit some really great, funny captions! Personally, I was very happy to see you participate, and was glad to see you take a prize and am hoping you'll do it again!

Thank you about the providing "tips" compliment. There are many more knowledgeable than I am, but I am a long time, die hard, Sims fanatic and love involving myself with the intricacies of the game. Having said that, most of my knowledge comes from having had frustrations with the game and really wanting it to work as I know it should! And in doing so, it works fantastic for me! If you ever need help or have questions, feel free to message me. I may not know the answer, but would probably be able to point you in the right direction to getting the answers you need! :)
  • Options
    friday027 wrote: »
    First of all, Congratulations on being one of the winners in Cogitotoro's Sims Caption Contest! That can be a hard one, since so many people submit some really great, funny captions! Personally, I was very happy to see you participate, and was glad to see you take a prize and am hoping you'll do it again!

Thank you! :smiley: I've had a lot of funny being silly on a few of the captions for that contest. @Cogitotoro does such an amazing job coming up with new pictures every week. I haven't yet figured out how she makes them all turn out just right, but I am in awe of her.
    If you ever need help or have questions, feel free to message me. I may not know the answer, but would probably be able to point you in the right direction to getting the answers you need! :)

Thank you for this offer, too! I will certainly take you up on it, I'm sure. I love learning new things, and usually if I can get a good grasp on something, I'll have it figured out for the future. It's just a matter of finding someone patient enough to teach me so I understand everything initially. :)

• Options
    @gnlovew - thank you so much for the pretty pearls outfit! I was able to lower the price on the Fifth Avenue fashions while it was on sale last week. I'm always so excited to add more cute clothes for my Sims! I hope the move is going well! You haven't missed much on the forum lately, as it's pretty much been non-stop problems both on the Sims 3 site and on this forum, too. It's probably the best time to be busy with OE, actually. I hope you are doing well! :smiley:<3

• Options
    @cristill13 - thank you so much for helping me with my Top 5 list by gifting me the cute balloon sleeve top! I have finished with the Fifth Avenue fashions, and I really appreciate your thoughtful gift, which helped me complete the set. Thank you so much, again! :)

• Options
    friday027friday027 Posts: 610 Member
    @friday027 - You have once again been such a huge help with helping me to finish up some sets I've been working on. I've almost gotten Waning Moon down to where it will be a green download button the next time it comes around on the Daily Deal, so thank you again for your help with that! :smiley: It's been great to pick up on some of the tips that you've been able to provide on the forums, too. I'm always amazed by how much there is to learn about the Sims in particular, and computers, in general!

First of all, it was my pleasure to help out in whatever way I could! :)

Second, though it should probably be First, Congratulations on on winning Cogitotoro's Caption Contest!

Thank you! :smiley: I've had a lot of funny being silly on a few of the captions for that contest. @Cogitotoro does such an amazing job coming up with new pictures every week. I haven't yet figured out how she makes them all turn out just right, but I am in awe of her.
    If you ever need help or have questions, feel free to message me. I may not know the answer, but would probably be able to point you in the right direction to getting the answers you need! :)

Thank you for this offer, too! I will certainly take you up on it, I'm sure. I love learning new things, and usually if I can get a good grasp on something, I'll have it figured out for the future. It's just a matter of finding someone patient enough to teach me so I understand everything initially. :)

Yeah, The Caption contest is really a fun one! And agree with you, Cogitotoro is actually pretty sophisticated in her picture posts for the contests, which makes it all the more interesting!

Oh, I am such a nerd, that I would be very glad to help you! For me, it is so much fun! I have a few people I share my "nerdiness" with" Lol! :smiley:
  • Options
    scillakeesscillakees Posts: 1,112 Member
    @jbsquared2000 Thank you for the bunny, mask and flag!! :) Very sweet of you. I am in the states too. So the flag was a wonderful gift for the 4th. :D
  • Options
    scillakees wrote: »
    @jbsquared2000 Thank you for the bunny, mask and flag!! :) Very sweet of you. I am in the states too. So the flag was a wonderful gift for the 4th. :D

Whoops! *smacks my forehead* For some weird reason I thought you were in the UK. Sorry about that! :smiley: So happy to be able to gift you something after all of the gifts you've sent my way. I'm so behind on my thank-yous so let me also take this opportunity to thank you for all of the help with the Mother Russia set, and of course for all of the laughs on @charlotteprice 's thread, which, of course, are priceless. :innocent:

• Options
    @VGryphon - thank you for the earthenware pot from the Waning Moon set - I didn't quite finish the set before the sale ended, but my longer-term plan is to bring down the DD price when it swings around again. I know what you mean about running out of the lower priced items. I only have 16 sets left to finish up and a few of the single items and custom content and I'm about done. I cannot believe it!

• Options
    @FoxyLovesKitty - thank you so much for the jazzy light fixture, that is helping me to complete the Jazz set! I have a thing for light fixtures and just love how each set is so different from the next. Thank you again for your thoughtful gift! <3

@Kaike78 - thank you so much for BOTH of the cool Mother Russia roof toppers! That has been a fun and colorful set to work on. I've almost completed it and am excited to finally get to add it to my game. Thank you so much for your help! :smiley:

@ss81 - thank you so much for the bookcase! The Waning Moon set is getting closer and closer for me. I hope you are doing well! :) It's been too hot here to do much of anything but stay inside and keep cool and Sim, of course! :)

• Options
    Kaike78Kaike78 Posts: 414 Member
    @jbsquared2000 You're welcome! :)
    "Yes: I am a dreamer. For a dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world."

-Oscar Wilde

• Options
    ss81ss81 Posts: 508 Member
    Thank you so much for the Mirror!! I was able to complete a set I've been wanting :)
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    I have so many thank-yous that I would like to say, and hopefully my internet will stay up long enough for me to get through them all. Maybe it's all of the super hot weather, but it seems that a lot of people are having internet issues lately. Hopefully this is not going to continue.. :bawling:

@WaterHornet - I wanted to thank you for your help with the Back to Skool set, by sending me the lamp! I'm slowly working my way through the last of the August 2011 set, so this will really be helpful. Also, I know it's been said recently, by the dear @gnlovew - but you've got a cool name! :smiley:

@Nevills - thank you so much for the gift of the Russian roof topper. Such a cool set! Your gift was so helpful that I was able to get the set down to a green button when it hit the Daily Deal. Thank you again, so much! :smiley: :

@clcwinegeart - thank you for the gift of the little Le Cirque outfit! It actually helped me to finish up the Le Cirque Celebration set, and also finish up the No Tricks Just Treats set, too! I'm glad to see you around on the Gift the Person Above You thread, and hope you are getting a lot of your items on your wishlist, too! :smiley:
    Post edited by jbsquared2000 on

• Options
    @charlotteprice - We meet again! :sunglasses:
    I owe you a huge debt of gratitude for wiping out my Top 5 wishlist not once, but twice, and then some! 5185.gif I know there's nothing that I can say in gratitude that I haven't said before so, I'll just have to gift you what I can...

4467.gif

reeses%20present.jpg

Thank you again! <3

• Options
    @MusicalRose21 - Hi there! I don't know if we've "met" or not, but it is very nice to meet you. :smiley: I've called you to my thread of thanks to say thank you so much for the Russian outfit that you gifted me! The build items in the Mother Russia set are a little specific, but some of the outfits, like the fur coat that you sent to me, are just gorgeous and are going to get so much use in my game. Thank you so much, again! :smiley: