Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

UNDER RENOVATION Challenge 35

Comments

• Options
    pronteruspronterus Posts: 2,166 Member
    Thanks as always @rosemow :)

Thanks @mommataurus2 :)
  • Options
    Issabella14Issabella14 Posts: 1,656 Member
    edited June 2015
    Great entries so far, we are going to have our work cut out for us. @gmcrozier, I hope you are ready for this casue this is going to be a tough one. :)
    Post edited by Issabella14 on
  • Options
    BUTTONSGINGERBUTTONSGINGER Posts: 5,702 Member
    edited June 2015
    @pronterus
    pronterus wrote: »
    Thanks for clarifying @Zita1966z :) Here's my entry now. Another challenge faced was selecting advertising pictures. xD

Under Renovation: Challenge 4
    Origin ID: pronterus
    Forum ID: pronterus
    Link to gallery: Here
    Street name of build: 42 Caduceus Drive (Original lot is that lot across the Goths in Willow Creek)
    Cheats used: MoveObjects, Career Rewards
    Total cost of renovation after upload: 79,900
    Would you like to receive any critique? Yes please :)

Advertising Pictures:
    42 Caduceus Drive is a modern rustic interpretation of Dr. James Roussow's vision of a great bachelor pad.
    nn2wxx.png
    The doctor will have a great time preparing meals in his kitchen nook that includes a small bar and a dining table.
    2qup66e.png
    The backyard is spacious enough to host large parties of people, with the gnarled oak trees providing a natural shade over the pools.
    hvy0d1.png

Wow...you just blew my socks off! This is gorgeous :mrgreen:

• Options
    RosillatrixRosillatrix Posts: 60 Member
    I see that we can replace railings on the stairs... Does this also go for the railings everywhere else on the house? (e.g. the one around the back patio or on the front porch?)
    Origin Username: Rosillatrix
  • Options
    Zita1966zZita1966z Posts: 9,641 Member
    I see that we can replace railings on the stairs... Does this also go for the railings everywhere else on the house? (e.g. the one around the back patio or on the front porch?)

Yes <3
  • Options
    Cbear13Cbear13 Posts: 6,278 Member
    Thanks @Zita1966z I am not sure what was going on with it and I wish I had noticed it at the start would of started over on a new plot. I saved it to my gallery and put it on a new plot and now it works. Seems the glitch was just on the other plot
    New%20siggie%2011th%20Nov%2015.jpg
    ✦✦ Origin ID: cbear1313 ✦✦ Gallery: cbear1313 Gallery ✦✦ Cbear's Creations ✦✦
    ✦✦ Quality Control Contest ✦✦ QC Monthly Contest ✦✦ QC Create A Room Competition ✦✦
    ✦✦ Quality Control Practice Challenges ✦✦
  • Options
    rabidkitty07rabidkitty07 Posts: 416 Member
    I had planned on doing this challenge, but my cat died last night and now I feel just so lost in everything. I think I just step away for a little bit and see if that helps.
    My Origin ID: rabidkitty7

• Options
    mommataurus2mommataurus2 Posts: 1,845 Member
    I had planned on doing this challenge, but my cat died last night and now I feel just so lost in everything. I think I just step away for a little bit and see if that helps.

I am SO sorry for your loss! I can't even imagine my world without my Patches....aka Bumblebee Tuna (said in Edna Mode's voice.) ummmm I am not sure your kitties name but I am sure you precious little furball would want you to keep doing what you love! She/he is probably sitting all curled up at your feet right now! :)
    momma-new-sig-3.gif

Check out my showcase.Come Check Out My New Sims Blog! https://greetingsfromwindenburg.wordpress.com/

Big shout out to @Cbear13 the amazingly talented and ever wonderful creator of my siggie!

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,605 Member

Hello @rabidkitty07. I am sorry to hear about the passing away of your cat. I send big hugs to you and your family. <3 Pets are very special members of our family and it is very sad when they pass away.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Cbear13 wrote: »
    Thanks @Zita1966z I am not sure what was going on with it and I wish I had noticed it at the start would of started over on a new plot. I saved it to my gallery and put it on a new plot and now it works. Seems the glitch was just on the other plot

@Cbear13 Yeah hooray !! Problem solved <3
  • Options

Oh no! @rabidkitty07 that is 2 terrible, being a huge animal/pet lover myself I can image your heart ache and sadness. Big hug sweetpea and take as much time as you need. <3<3
  • Options
    So this challenge has made me realise I have never built something with a budget lol, for me thats hard but having a ball.

@rabidkitty07 sorry for your loss, losing pets is very hard I don't cope well either they become such a big part of our families and lives.
    ✦✦ Quality Control Contest ✦✦ QC Monthly Contest ✦✦ QC Create A Room Competition ✦✦
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Ok I think I am finished firstly here is the sexy doctor of mine followed by my entry.
    Dr.%20James%20Rossouw.jpg~original

Origin ID: cbear1313
    Forum ID: Cbear13
    Link to gallery: Link to my gallery
    Street name of build: 14 Summertree Square
    Cheats used: bb.moveobjects, bb.showhiddenobjects and bb.ignoregameplayunlocksentitlement
    Total cost of renovation after upload: 79,941
    Would you like to receive any critique? Yes please

Street View:
    14%20Summertree%20Square.jpg~original

The good doctor practising his drink making skills to charm the ladies
    06-30-15_12-37nbspPM-3.png~original

Of course the doctor likes to keep in shape he is about to do some laps in his swimming pool.
    06-30-15_12-30nbspPM.png~original

Goodluck everyone, already can't wait for next weeks hehe.
  • Options
    PebblycatPebblycat Posts: 861 Member
    Cbear13 wrote: »
    So this challenge has made me realise I have never built something with a budget lol, for me thats hard but having a ball.

Building with a budget is hard especially when you have to start compromising to fit everything you want. Although I am finding it easier than the last challenge, because I don't have the option to put every item in the entire catalogue in ;)

So sorry for your loss @rabidkitty07, my cats and I are sending you lots of hugs xx
    My Origin ID: Pebblycat
    Visit Pebblycat's Showcase to see what I've created
  • Options
    @Pebblycat I guess I am just use to not having a budget but it was certainly a ton of fun I spent quite a long time on the finishing touches trying to stay in budget lol, especially when I ended up at 80,001 had to find something to sell.
  • Options
    RosillatrixRosillatrix Posts: 60 Member
    @rabidkitty07 I am so so so sorry to hear about the loss of your cat. :( I know what it feels like to lose a pet and it's so difficult, it definitely takes time to recover.
    Origin Username: Rosillatrix
  • Options
    ZakeiraZakeira Posts: 181 Member
    @rabidkitty07 I'm so sorry to hear about your kitty's passing. It takes some time to heal, but you never really get over it. I had to euthanize one of my kitties last year due to cancer. I still get teary eyed when I talk about him. :(
    mTp8aXz.jpg
  • Options
    ZakeiraZakeira Posts: 181 Member
    edited June 2015
    Origin ID: Zakeira
    Forum ID: Zakeira
    Link to gallery: http://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/A91653F61EDF11E5868C30F603F90CFF?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=Zakeira&max=25
    Street name of build: 247 Ka'Chue Lane
    Cheats used: bb.moveobjects bb.showhiddenobjects bb.ignoregameplayunlocksentitlement
    Total cost of renovation after upload: $79,963
    Would you like to receive any critique? Most definitely!

06-29-15_9-08nbspPM.png

06-29-15_9-13nbspPM.png

06-29-15_9-07nbspPM.png
    mTp8aXz.jpg
  • Options
    mommataurus2mommataurus2 Posts: 1,845 Member
    @Zakeira I love that your doctor can grab a coffee right there in his office and I love that he can steal cookies from the cookie jar too! Love the cool floorings and different wall designs you used through out the build! Awesome!
    momma-new-sig-3.gif

Check out my showcase.Come Check Out My New Sims Blog! https://greetingsfromwindenburg.wordpress.com/

Big shout out to @Cbear13 the amazingly talented and ever wonderful creator of my siggie!

• Options
    rabidkitty07rabidkitty07 Posts: 416 Member
    Thank you all. Every time I go to work on my house I find unsatisfied with what I have done and keep second guessing my work. I am never like this.
    My Origin ID: rabidkitty7

• Options
    Your Doctor sim is very nice! @Cbear13 :) He has very nice eyes and hair!
    14 Summertree Square is a very nice home! :) The upper balcony looks so very nice with how you have placed the flowers and plants there! The grass flooring looks nice. Very nice front garden area! The flowers look pretty around the base of the water fountain, and it looks nice how you have placed the yellow flowers. The water fountain features on the sides of the front porch are very nice for sims to enjoy seeing when entering the home! Nice seat bench sitting nooks on the front porch and on the front edge of the home for sims to enjoy sitting outdoors in the sunshine. The plant is a nice nature touch in the corner nook of the front porch. Very nice design of the kitchen and bar area! The black and grey colour scheme of the areas looks very nice. The marble walls in the bar area give a very nice look to the area! The drinks display shelves on the wall and the bottles on the bar counter are nice touches in the bar area. It looks very nice how you have placed the kitchen cabinets to create a fridge alcove. The black brick wall texture looks nice, and the hanging pans on the wall and the jar on the counter are nice home touches there. Sims will enjoy sitting on the stools at the counter having a meal. It looks great how you have angled the microwave into the corner. The fruit bowl is a nice touch on the dining table. The outdoors living, dining and pool patio is so very nice! It looks so very nice how you have done the patterned flooring island in the pool, and have the water fountain in the middle of it! It looks great! The patterned flooring of the sitting and dining patio looks so nice! Sims will enjoy cooking on the BBQ and eating their meals at the umbrella covered table, enjoying dining in the outdoors air. Very nice sofa and armchairs sitting area for sims to enjoy resting and chatting in the sunlight or evening light. The candle on the coffee table and the bird bath are nice touches there, and the sunflowers are sunny for sims to enjoy seeing when sitting or dining there. The hedging on the sides of the lot looks nice.
    The home is very nice :)
  • Options
    Issabella14Issabella14 Posts: 1,656 Member
    @rabidkitty07 sorry for your loss, pets are such a big part of our lives. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
  • Options
    Thankyou @rosemow for the feedback I really feel like I am struggling when it comes to doing outdoor areas or gardens, I am looking online now for ideas of how to make them more appealing. I am very new to the whole design and building side of the game there is so much to learn. I will get there though and I am absolutely loving this challenge that @Issabella14 and @Zita1966z have put together I am learning so much more.
  • Options
    247 Ka'Chue Lane is a very nice home! @Zakeiera :) The roofing is very nice! The patterned water fountain and flowers feature in the front garden looks so very nice! The rocks and plants feature on the right hand side of the garden looks very nice how you have placed the flowers around the edges of the rocks! The enlarged star looks great on the upper balcony! Very nice floor patterning on the front porch. The combination of the wooden and stone texture of the exterior of the home looks very nice. It looks very nice how you have placed the black ledges on the corners of the glass windows! It is creates a nice look. The row of bamboo trees on the left hand side of the build looks restful and nice. Very nice backyard pool, hot tub and outdoors dining areas! Sims will have fun swimming in the pool or enjoy relaxing in the hot tub. The flowers look nice how you have placed them on the edges of the pool. Very nice raised outdoors kitchen and dining area for sims to enjoy sitting on the stools at the bar stool counter, eating meals that they have cooked on the BBQ or enjoy having food or a drink from the banquet table and fountain. The large pink plant on the deck adds to the nice look of the area. It looks very nice how you have done the pathways leading down from the bar stools counter through the steps and to the edge of the pool. The study is very nice! It looks nice how you have placed the doctor's diploma on the wall for him to proudly look at! The patterned flooring under the table looks nice. It looks great how you have placed the table in the middle of the room. He will enjoy sitting at the table using the computer or reading a book from the bookcase. It is nice that you have the coffee machine there so he can have a drink whilst sitting there. The space themed wall picture and the files on the counter are nice touches in the room.
    The home is very nice :)
  • Options
    Wow guys these reno's that are coming in look fantastic...is this going to be another big one? lol and oh oh #Cbear13 that doctor is delicious, I have a few single sims in my game that would scratch eyes out to date him...but they will have to get past me first ...... ;) Will definitely have to download that hunky Australian doctor for my game :)