Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

UNDER RENOVATION Challenge 35

Comments

• Options
    Zita1966zZita1966z Posts: 9,641 Member
    T1HRlnz.jpg

We are just under 6 hours away 2 the end of challenge 2!
    I have completed by scoring and await judges @issabella and guest judge @arefa to sumbit their scores over the weekend.

A Thought while judging: Pictures and the actual download can be very different. That is why we strictly judge only from a downloaded perspective. WELL DONE 2 all the entries, I was blown away by every single one. <3

I will hopefully have the "entries" video up later tonight so you guys can view these amazing submissions in one format :)

Challenge 3 is screaming to be let loose and will make its appearance soon lol :p .
  • Options
    AwalkingdragonAwalkingdragon Posts: 76 Member
    Wow, seriously, everyone has very amazing buildings! Love tgem
    Courage
  • Options
    pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    edited June 2015
    I thought you were judging pics too because this was like a house selling comp. I pulled one of my horses out of the barn for a photo op. ;) Just like I put Hank next to his truck. Gotta sell the house! But yeah...three pics can't nearly show you the place! That's why I like photo gallery's for me as a spectator. :D
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    rabidkitty07rabidkitty07 Posts: 416 Member
    I wish I had seen this sooner! Well I will bookmark so I can possibly join a future challenge! Sounds like so much fun. =)
    My Origin ID: rabidkitty7

• Options
    NhicksNhicks Posts: 1,580 Member
    Soo many amazing farms well done everyone!! :)
    Find Me In The Gallery! MzHicks #MzHicks
    ~My showcase thread~
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/814744/mzhicks-builds
    How You Liven - A Peek Into YOUR Sims World
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/887032/how-you-liven#latest
  • Options
    professorlilithprofessorlilith Posts: 392 Member
    Thanks for all the work, and for the judges. Also, imho, I don't especially want to have categories of "experienced" or "inexperienced." I hope that by playing in the contests and learning from the entries I will become a much better designer, and that depends on getting great competition ideas and good judging. I personally am much more interested in having the judges spend time designing contests and discussing individual entries than watching a potentially lengthy discussion of how to distinguish "experienced" versus "beginner" designers.
  • Options
    I thought you were judging pics too because this was like a house selling comp. I pulled one of my horses out of the barn for a photo op. ;) Just like I put Hank next to his truck. Gotta sell the house! But yeah...three pics can't nearly show you the place! That's why I like photo gallery's for me as a spectator. :D

@pammiechick The total score is out of 100, The pictures are most definitely part of the judging and counts for 20 points (advertising) The balance of the 80 points are made up from the downloaded build. Your Arabian stallion has been noticed as well as farmer Hank :)<3
  • Options
    fxLXeMP.jpg

Challenge 2 is now officially closed and @Issabella14 will now remove her shell from the gallery :)
  • Options
    I wish I had seen this sooner! Well I will bookmark so I can possibly join a future challenge! Sounds like so much fun. =)

@rabidkitty07 Welcome and looking forward to your reno
  • Options
    Issabella14Issabella14 Posts: 1,656 Member
    edited June 2015
    Great minds think alike @Zita1966z, I have just removed it and the floor is yours for the 3rd challenge. We are all looking forward to our new adventure. <3:)
    I just want to say thanks to all who participated in our 2nd Challenge, the farms are all amazing. I definitely have my work cut out for me tomorrow :)
  • Options
    Thanks for all the work, and for the judges. Also, imho, I don't especially want to have categories of "experienced" or "inexperienced." I hope that by playing in the contests and learning from the entries I will become a much better designer, and that depends on getting great competition ideas and good judging. I personally am much more interested in having the judges spend time designing contests and discussing individual entries than watching a potentially lengthy discussion of how to distinguish "experienced" versus "beginner" designers.

@professorlilith Thank you so much for your view on this issue <3
  • Options
    As you all know from challenge 1 it was decided to have only one judge's view on a reno after it has closed(By also renovating the same build). @WrathofCath who was our guest judge in challenge 1 , was the judge to share her view on that weeks challenge. This week it was my turn to give my view on @issabella14 's shell. So here we go and I hope you like it. The budget was a killer and I had to rely on a lot of debug items.lol <3

PONCHERELLA FARM

V5Qn75P.jpg
    qT2lDeM.jpg
    Yp3Db8n.jpg
    LGprStC.jpg
    doKurfj.jpg

challenge 3 will be posted soon. This challenge comes with a picture of the new owners, so you should know immediately who you are renovating for but please read the brief and back story carefully :)
  • Options
    Zita1966z wrote: »

@pammiechick The total score is out of 100, The pictures are most definitely part of the judging and counts for 20 points (advertising) The balance of the 80 points are made up from the downloaded build. Your Arabian stallion has been noticed as well as farmer Hank :)<3

Lol! Okay...I wasn't worried, just hoping I wasn't breaking a rule of some sort that I didn't understand! ;)
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    Btw...Poncherella Farm is AMAZING!!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,600 Member
    Poncherella Farm is very nice! @Zita1966z :) The patterning and the red and white colour scheme of the exterior looks very nice! The pond area in the front of the build looks very nice! It looks very nice how you have placed the plants around the edges of the pond, and the rocks and plants in the middle of the pond looks very nice! Sims will enjoy fishing there! The roosters are a nice farm touch in the build. It looks very nice how you have placed the circular items on each side of the front gate! They look great! The enlarged truck looks great in the build! It looks very nice how you have done the fencing in the areas of the build! Very nice harvestable garden area. It looks great how you have placed the gardening boxes there. Sims will enjoy growing and harvesting plants in the gardening boxes. The fruit crates are a nice touch there. Very nice roof covered outdoors cooking and dining area! Sims will enjoy cooking meals on the BBQ and sitting at the dining table, enjoying dining in the outdoors air. The fruit bowl, sauces, condiments bottles and utensils are nice kitchen touches on the counters and dining table there.
    The home is very nice :)
  • Options
    I looked through what everyone did with this challenge as I'm waiting for the next one. I must say I'm blown away! They all are remarkable in their own way. Good luck everyone! =)

• Options
    Challenge 3 is posted on page1!

Its 3 o'clock in the morning..I'll fix any issues if there are any later today. Goodnight and enjoy! :)
  • Options
    mommataurus2mommataurus2 Posts: 1,845 Member
    Challenge 3 is going to be SO hard! UGh. Can't wait!
    momma-new-sig-3.gif

Check out my showcase.Come Check Out My New Sims Blog! https://greetingsfromwindenburg.wordpress.com/

Big shout out to @Cbear13 the amazingly talented and ever wonderful creator of my siggie!

• Options
    xovaleexovalee Posts: 273 Member
    Oh this is going to be so much fun. I have the perfect Adams family sims in mind mwuahahaha....*ahem* I mean yay :)
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Only one week for this??? (I work during the week--deadline afoot...I know I'm whining but I want to do this!!) I know...no extensions...lol!

I can't wait to start! Addams Family is one of my favorite old time shows!! <3
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    @issabella14 Can we change color or style of spandrels, columns, and railings? Also, I noticed there is a set of doors on the back left side of the house that has no stairs. Would it be okay to add some? Would it be okay to replace a window that takes up three spaces with a window that takes up one space to fill the same three spaces?
    Post edited by rabidkitty07 on

• Options
    edited June 2015
    @Zita1966 @Issabella14 Can I add a room?
    momma-new-sig-3.gif

Check out my showcase.Come Check Out My New Sims Blog! https://greetingsfromwindenburg.wordpress.com/

Big shout out to @Cbear13 the amazingly talented and ever wonderful creator of my siggie!

• Options
    gmcroziergmcrozier Posts: 1,078 Member
    hmmmm that whole back structure on the shell is inaccessible, no stairs from the 1st or 2nd floor and the only way to put any in, would be to put them on the 2nd floor porch.
  • Options
    I finished mine already... :o Ok serious signs of an addict.... someone pull me away from this computer....NO gotta go make my Addams Family members. SO sad. So sad.
    momma-new-sig-3.gif