Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA silence on family play and family play fans

Comments

• Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited June 2015
    I feel bad, I'm going to skip the 216 messages. I'm just too tired to read them all. I hope everyone had a nice weekend. One of my favorite weeks of the year is up, Shark Week. <3 I'm kind of hoping someone makes some cute swimwear for children for the Sims 4 on MTS. I saw a female one I think. I did try the new world out. It does feel different and there are some cool new fx backgrounds of it. I don't know if some of the views are like mirrored of the other side of the rivers. So I am happy about that update. I did have a nice weekend with family and friends.

I wish we had toddlers in the Sims 4, so they could wear cute shark shoes like these:
    Shark-shoes-and-bib-gift-set-600x600.jpg
    Post edited by Scobre on
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    edited June 2015
    @Mstybl95 just posted this on another thread and I know you guys will love it-here is the quote-
    Here ya go, guys. This was, by far, my favorite thing in TS3. http://koposov-sims.blogspot.com.au/2014/02/set-no18-kids-bedroom-for-sims-3.html

Thank you @Mstybl95 :)

Omg! Is this a bed for twins?

I found the TS2 baby dangle thing yesterday too - ahhh this is brilliant! Cheers guys!

--T

ETA: Duh! Noticed this is TS3 - but still cool!
  • Options
    Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    OpheliaMay wrote: »
    @JessicaSimston , are you kidding me!? Can you post a link to where people are trying to work out what Guru Trev is saying? I would like to see how they're figuring it out.

You may have found is by now, but here it is. http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/13739099/#Comment_13739099

Sorry for the late reply!

My guess was:

"I'm really excited to show off the GP THEME!! Swimming Parties in The Sims?! Yup! It pairs well with the PATIO STUFF, too!!"

Either way, I do think it's some kind of party stuff. :|

Sorry to hear about your tech issues, @Marcella. That's got to be very frustrating. Just one more strike against the company who made it! As for your part alien child, did you use any CAS parts that were created for aliens by any chance? That would be the only reason why I could think that would happen, unless the genetics in 4 are even more messed up than I thought!

I loved seeing everyone's pictures. @sparkfairy1 I love what you did with France! What a great idea to add some fun things. And @Jessicasimston your toddler is adorable!

I was planning to upload some pics today but never got around to it. I started looking at that 'Show us your Newcrest' thread in General this morning and started to get tempted to update/download and attempt to build all those Sears Catalog Homes I created for TS3! NO!!! I did not want to get distracted now that I'm back playing TS3! So instead I started up TS3 and fiddled around with editing lots in a world all afternoon so now I'm over it. :)

You did Sears homes for TS3? I have been looking for some for ages and can't find any. I had a bunch for TS2. Did you ever upload them any where?
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
  • Options
    ULIBABA66ULIBABA66 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Hello everyone! :)
    I still hope that something with The Sims 4 will be changed really soon, and that is the lack of communication and knowledge of what´s coming in the future. If we knew when we should expect something like a Family Life EP releasing, it would be perfect in my opinion. At least SimGurus should be allowed to tell some objects and features that MAY or may not come. I don´t think that would be a bad thing, then players could be happier than they are now :blush:
  • Options
    NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    Crossing fingers (and toes !) for a Family EP announcement at Gamescom in August :)
  • Options
    ULIBABA66ULIBABA66 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Neia wrote: »
    Crossing fingers (and toes !) for a Family EP announcement at Gamescom in August :)
    Or at least a toddler update announcement, available for all players :)
  • Options
    ecm18ecm18 Posts: 71 Member
    Neia wrote: »

Ugh I hope it comes before gamescom. Besides, I doubt EA would show off tots. They'd probably show off some kind of EP they can target newer Simmers with :neutral: Not to mention I'd really like to get back to TS4 ASAP and want a tot release sometime in July maybe?? TS4 is not a bad game at all imo, it's just lacking.

• Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,558 Member
    edited June 2015
    Scobre wrote: »
    I wish we had toddlers in the Sims 4, so they could wear cute shark shoes like these:
    Shark-shoes-and-bib-gift-set-600x600.jpg
    'Chomp & Stomp': that's just awesome!

Edit: Lol, I only just noticed the bite out of the bib!
  • Options
    alyssasim87alyssasim87 Posts: 1,277 Member
    Wow I cant believe Im just now seeing this thread.

Family gameplay isn't exciting in the sims 4 like it is in the other games. At least for me its not. I tried to play family gameplay but I get bored of it easily and never made it passed generation 3. Toddlers are missing. That's probably the main reason why I cant get into it. Also I admit the babies being tied to their bassinets does bug me some. I wanted a game with toddlers and babies having play pens, walkers, strollers, ect... So its a disappointment. Expecially the no toddlers being in the game at all.
    my origin id is simkitten87

Im a simmer forever <3
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    @alyssasim87 I am sorry you feel that way but as the OP I know you are far from alone here ;) Feel free to share your hopes and dreams for the future in family play, screenshots of your current games and whatever else you feel like sharing. This is the family of family players-we don't always agree but we look after each other :)
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,558 Member
    So... I decided to start a game in LP last night, I chose the Gilbert family. It's a dad and his two sons - cuteness:
    Screenshot-12.jpg

Anyway, dad took the little guys to the park and while there he met a nice lady (I think she's called Kadia).
    Screenshot-18.jpg

They got those instant hearts and a relationship boost, their star signs were compatible, they both love families and kids, they were just made for each other... then he finds out she's married. But, you know, how can he just let this go? Anyway, his toddler ages up so he goes out and gets a job - all the while thinking about Kadia and should he romance her - guess who his new boss is? Kadia's husband!
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    Ooh drama of the real kind @elanorbreton ;)
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    @elanorbreton love the twist! please update when you have a chance.
  • Options
    ecm18ecm18 Posts: 71 Member
    That little shark get-up makes me weep for toddlers. TS2 is calling my name, folks
    *disappears for the next ten hours*
  • Options
    HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    edited June 2015
    OpheliaMay wrote: »
    @JessicaSimston , are you kidding me!? Can you post a link to where people are trying to work out what Guru Trev is saying? I would like to see how they're figuring it out.

You may have found is by now, but here it is. http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/13739099/#Comment_13739099

Sorry for the late reply!

My guess was:

"I'm really excited to show off the GP THEME!! Swimming Parties in The Sims?! Yup! It pairs well with the PATIO STUFF, too!!"

Either way, I do think it's some kind of party stuff. :|

Sorry to hear about your tech issues, @Marcella. That's got to be very frustrating. Just one more strike against the company who made it! As for your part alien child, did you use any CAS parts that were created for aliens by any chance? That would be the only reason why I could think that would happen, unless the genetics in 4 are even more messed up than I thought!

I loved seeing everyone's pictures. @sparkfairy1 I love what you did with France! What a great idea to add some fun things. And @Jessicasimston your toddler is adorable!

I was planning to upload some pics today but never got around to it. I started looking at that 'Show us your Newcrest' thread in General this morning and started to get tempted to update/download and attempt to build all those Sears Catalog Homes I created for TS3! NO!!! I did not want to get distracted now that I'm back playing TS3! So instead I started up TS3 and fiddled around with editing lots in a world all afternoon so now I'm over it. :)

You did Sears homes for TS3? I have been looking for some for ages and can't find any. I had a bunch for TS2. Did you ever upload them any where?

I don't know if these would be what you're looking for, but I had a showcase thread on the old TS3 forum with pictures of my builds. Hope this works - I'm trying to link you to the bottom of page 6, where the Sears Kit Homes start; in the description there are links to the lots in my studio. I think there are 10 of them in total.

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/75/660408.page#11164483

Edit: You might also be interested in some of the houses pictured/linked to in this thread: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/695211.page

Dear aminovas was creating a Great Gatsby world (which is why I was making these houses) but she has health problems off and on and I don't think she ever finished it. She has a tumblr account now and I stop by now and then but she doesn't post much. Just another example of a community lost. When they closed down the TS3 forum, I mean. :(

Anyway, hope you can find some houses you can use! :)
    Post edited by HappySimmer3 on
    The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited June 2015
    bekkasan wrote: »
    @elanorbreton love the twist! please update when you have a chance.

Yes! Keep us in the loop. >:)

Dude, something like that happened one time with me in Sims 3: a NPC sim whose boss is her cheating husband who doesn't pay child support, lol. :D
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    Lucy Burb became a teenager in my game. I honestly think she's the cutest kid in Pleasantview.

tumblr_nq0fp9CcC51up0k3mo1_500.jpg
    tumblr_nq0fp9CcC51up0k3mo2_500.jpg
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options
    halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    OP I agree with your main post here but I don't think by toddlers addition the gap in family play will be filled.

Yes there is a gap between the stage of a baby and a child but there is even a bigger gap between the stage of a child and a teen.

With teens having the same height of adults that made the gap bigger. So a family play should consider the addition of both these stages so that the player feels some kind of gradual grow up in a sim's life stages.

Yes we had toddlers in past games and we didn't have preteen but again in the past the teens were distinguishable from adults with their height and in TS4 they are not.

What I am trying to say that if EA would make a change in life stages in TS4 they should not just focus on toddlers but do that "new" life stage of pre teens with them too or else the family play would still be having this big gap.

Now how this will be done? And the question will EA put itself in risk of doing it? These questions EA only has the answer to them.
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    meetkitty123meetkitty123 Posts: 524 Member
    I WANT TODDLERS BACK!
    SENIOR POLLINATION TECHNICIAN #3 DOWNLOADS:
    ORIGINAL: https://goo.gl/ux61nn REMODELED: https://goo.gl/pcJwsN
    MY GALLERY ---> https://bit.ly/2N5kp8y <----

a0933d0f-c078-40f1-8aa9-1f6adbbd24d3-original.jpg?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    Anemone7Anemone7 Posts: 3,950 Member
    Guys, you gotta help me! I'm thinking about getting Zerbu's Go To Schol Mod and i already searched for schools and all the really cool ones apparently use stuff from OR. I also heart that pupil's can go on a field trip if you have OR with this mod.
    This pack is currently at sale and a friend of mine gifted me a kind of pre-paid thingie for helping her move so i could get a game i wanted from Steam, but this was also on sale (and it never costed as much as she gave me in the first place) and i have enough for getting this pack. I'm feeling myself getting weaker and weaker, but i want to not buy it because... EA doesn't deserve the money!!! How can i stay strong?! This question is directed especially at those of you who still haven't bought TS4 or have stopped buying any content at all for it.
  • Options
    Wildley CuriousWildley Curious Posts: 5,349 Member
    marcellala wrote: »
    Guys, you gotta help me! I'm thinking about getting Zerbu's Go To Schol Mod and i already searched for schools and all the really cool ones apparently use stuff from OR. I also heart that pupil's can go on a field trip if you have OR with this mod.
    This pack is currently at sale and a friend of mine gifted me a kind of pre-paid thingie for helping her move so i could get a game i wanted from Steam, but this was also on sale (and it never costed as much as she gave me in the first place) and i have enough for getting this pack. I'm feeling myself getting weaker and weaker, but i want to not buy it because... EA doesn't deserve the money!!! How can i stay strong?! This question is directed especially at those of you who still haven't bought TS4 or have stopped buying any content at all for it.

You know what? If you want to buy the pack, then I say do it. Life is too short, especially if you like the base game. Enjoy yourself - life can be tough enough as it is. :smiley:
    “I was so sure that I knew what they needed and what I wanted to sell them that I never stopped long enough to find out what it was they wanted to buy.”
    ― Chris Murray, The Extremely Successful Salesman's Club
  • Options
    edited June 2015

You know what? If you want to buy the pack, then I say do it. Life is too short, especially if you like the base game. Enjoy yourself - life can be tough enough as it is. :smiley:

But i don't really want it... i think i'm just having a fit (i hope that's the right Vocabulary) and i would be very angry at myself afterwards. I'm searching for something else to spend it on tomorrow. There's a lot of good games on sale at Steam and i really don't like the base too much either.

ETA: Problem with me is that i'm a very compulsive shopper. It's like "Oh, an almost 200 € epilator. Deal!" And than i use it once and it hurts so much that i never touch it again and get angry at myself. Like a kid or something.
  • Options
    Wildley CuriousWildley Curious Posts: 5,349 Member
    Then maybe sleep on it and decide tomorrow? The Steam sale will still be there when you wake up. :smiley:
    “I was so sure that I knew what they needed and what I wanted to sell them that I never stopped long enough to find out what it was they wanted to buy.”
    ― Chris Murray, The Extremely Successful Salesman's Club
  • Options
    Then maybe sleep on it and decide tomorrow? The Steam sale will still be there when you wake up. :smiley:

Yeah, sleeping is the other half of the problem. Couldn't sleep tonight and played TS4. Playing half-dazed apparently strengthens the wish to purchase stuff for it,so beware!
  • Options
    WolfEyesWolfEyes Posts: 2,192 Member

Standing on principle is a good thing but it isn't always feasible. If you enjoy TS4 and want the Go to School mod and OR is required for the mod then you are free to do as you please.

If anyone thinks less of you for it, that's on them not you. It isn't always a matter of whether or not EA deserves the money. It's a matter of whether or not you deserve to enjoy your game. You do. :)
    Sims 4 Simple Elegance

152511.gif

This is the truth.
    Mitakuye oyasin.
    To all my relations, keep dancing.
    Believe or you will not see.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top