May 23rd - It's time for a new Laundry List! You can read more on what's coming next here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA silence on family play and family play fans

Comments

• Options
    JessicaSimstonJessicaSimston Posts: 2,519 Member
    In my current family, I'm playing a single dad with his son, with his mom helping out.

Kaylib loves spending time with Nana while his daddy is at work!
    xlhsnp.jpg

He enjoyed playing in the playpen while his Nana was making lunch :)
    xmss5v.jpg

I absoulutley adore his face in this picture!
    w12mox.jpg

Daddy putting him to bed after a long day of learning to walk.
    33dw17m.jpg
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    @JessicaSimston thats such a cute face! Lovely pictures :)
  • Options
    @JessicaSimston thats such a cute face! Lovely pictures :)

• Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    aww...he is precious!
  • Options
    InvaderchickycatInvaderchickycat Posts: 809 Member
    edited June 2015

quote="JessicaSimston;13742040"]In my current family, I'm playing a single dad with his son, with his mom helping out.

Kaylib loves spending time with Nana while his daddy is at work!
    xlhsnp.jpg

He enjoyed playing in the playpen while his Nana was making lunch :)
    xmss5v.jpg

I absoulutley adore his face in this picture!
    w12mox.jpg

Daddy putting him to bed after a long day of learning to walk.
    33dw17m.jpg[/quote]

He looks so sweet <3 No lifeless robot Sim here his face is full of emotion so cute.

On the topic of hope that Simgurudrake seems pretty friendly maybe things will change in a few months. I'm not much of a positive person but I'm still lurking to see if there's any good news.
  • Options
    @Invaderchickycat I think family players are very resilient in hoping against hope. You don't get more love for the series than here :)
  • Options
    Anemone7Anemone7 Posts: 3,950 Member
    So, remember how i found it more than weird that a sim baby of my Ugly Challenge Founder turned out to look like an alien baby, eventhough her father was a premade sim and her mother is not an alien,too? I thought it just uses this look when you have GTW installed for strange skin colours--
    magv1u.jpg
    ...but it turns out this is actually not the case. I still don't know how my teen (you can see her in the picture) can be an alien hybrid. I'm pretty confused ^^"
    2lc0hhx.jpg
  • Options
    How strange @marcellala :neutral: a cutie though anyway! :)
  • Options

This is her chocolate side :D She didn't turn out to great, but i like her. She works hard and helps a lot, eventhough she is lazy. Just takes a lot of naps XD
  • Options
    ThrippaThrippa Posts: 678 Member
    edited June 2015
    @sparkfairy1 great France pictures! The archery looks so natural in there. It never occurred to me to edit the other lands.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Well, now i have a whole nother problem with TS4. Origin won't open for some strange reason and it started working again after i reinstalled it, but than it stopped again. That's why you shouldn't tie physical copies to such a.. whatever Origin is. I can't play the game anymore and it's really not that interesting that i want to install and uninstall Origin just to play every time. Great job, EA, great job!

ETA: Well, to be fair, Steam had the same problem. But it works after reinstalling and Origin does not. Maybe it has something to do with my PC, i don't know.. Still, since EA is the one that came up with the great plan of making Origin mandatory, i consider it their fault that i can't play the game i paid for.
  • Options
    SadieD123SadieD123 Posts: 1,317 Member
    edited June 2015
    I'm just gonna put this here because outside of Toddlers this article is literally everything. I'm sure everyone here will appreciate this.

http://whatculture.com/gaming/the-sims-4-10-past-features-ea-shouldve-never-taken-out.php

It isn't just us here at the forums.
    275f503fc4c6c8ef197baeea76ebe0f91373200482_full_zpscc1a19512.gif
  • Options
    HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    edited June 2015
    OpheliaMay wrote: »
    @JessicaSimston , are you kidding me!? Can you post a link to where people are trying to work out what Guru Trev is saying? I would like to see how they're figuring it out.

You may have found is by now, but here it is. http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/13739099/#Comment_13739099

Sorry for the late reply!

My guess was:

"I'm really excited to show off the GP THEME!! Swimming Parties in The Sims?! Yup! It pairs well with the PATIO STUFF, too!!"

Either way, I do think it's some kind of party stuff. :|

Sorry to hear about your tech issues, @Marcella. That's got to be very frustrating. Just one more strike against the company who made it! As for your part alien child, did you use any CAS parts that were created for aliens by any chance? That would be the only reason why I could think that would happen, unless the genetics in 4 are even more messed up than I thought!

I loved seeing everyone's pictures. @sparkfairy1 I love what you did with France! What a great idea to add some fun things. And @Jessicasimston your toddler is adorable!

I was planning to upload some pics today but never got around to it. I started looking at that 'Show us your Newcrest' thread in General this morning and started to get tempted to update/download and attempt to build all those Sears Catalog Homes I created for TS3! NO!!! I did not want to get distracted now that I'm back playing TS3! So instead I started up TS3 and fiddled around with editing lots in a world all afternoon so now I'm over it. :)
    The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
  • Options
    @HappySimmer3 I used some Alien tattoos, but i'm not even sure if they are specifically for aliens... I checked on the father, since someone suggested the game might have changed him to an disguised alien, but he's not.
    Cleo, the offspring in question, doesn't have any special abilities, but i can't remember if alien hybrids have any, except for a special alien greeting with other aliens.
    In the end, maybe it's just the game trying to be clever by categorizing Cleo's skin as an even lighter blue than her mother's and her father is very pale... so... I just have to accept it i guess.
  • Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    Oh, they listen, to what they want to hear. They clearly have selective hearing and memory. When it fits with their "vision" they have no problem addressing it and saying; "We heard what our fans wanted so look we gave it (new laughable world, hot tubs, punch fountain, and shinny dresses, etc.) to them!"

But when it comes down to the meat and potatoes they haven't heard a thing. So it's a "surprise" when it's brought to their attention.

lol... Well said!!

--T
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,574 Member
    You hit the nail on the head @GoldenBuffy

I went into my Sims 3 game last night and found missing stairs and spawned furniture all over one of the gardens... le sigh. I took months preparing these hoods and I know you have to get rid of spawners if you've moved a junkyard location. I don't know how this could have happened and I have no idea how some of my content has suddenly vanished.

Now I remember why I used to get annoyed and frustrated with the darn game :( I guess I will have to investigate my store items and re-do some of the Lots. It feels like a real blow when something like this happens, I feel like I will have to start all over again.
  • Options
    You hit the nail on the head @GoldenBuffy

I went into my Sims 3 game last night and found missing stairs and spawned furniture all over one of the gardens... le sigh. I took months preparing these hoods and I know you have to get rid of spawners if you've moved a junkyard location. I don't know how this could have happened and I have no idea how some of my content has suddenly vanished.

Now I remember why I used to get annoyed and frustrated with the darn game :( I guess I will have to investigate my store items and re-do some of the Lots. It feels like a real blow when something like this happens, I feel like I will have to start all over again.

If you have issues with store content showing up a couple of wonderful people on the TS3 section helped me out and fixed without my having to uninstall/reinstall the whole game. I just had to reinstall the store which is a pain but not as bad. Let me know if that's what's going on and il link you to the thread :)
  • Options
    @SadieD123 thank you for sharing :) As much as EA likes to try to hide this stuff the fact is it's everywhere. Even non simmers know how savagely cut the base was-and that does not make for the best advert to sell it. In my opinion it's no surprise the base and GTW are heavily discounted and the base has been for months. A month after release it was!

Which makes it even worse for those of us who paid full preorder price. There has been nothing given to us for our loyalty.
  • Options
    marcellala wrote: »

This is her chocolate side :D She didn't turn out to great, but i like her. She works hard and helps a lot, eventhough she is lazy. Just takes a lot of naps XD

Thought i'd share some pictures of her, to show what i mean. Please keep in mind that the Ugly Challenge has a very superficial goal and it's also very subjective. I don't want to insult anyone who looks anything like her (blue people for president!) and just because i think "pretty" means looking like a certain type, doesn't mean other people think the same. I'm not that critical in person and i'm not a beauty queen myself. It's just The Sims...

Cleo has a pretty odd bodyshape. She isn't neccessarily overweight, it's just a little unbalanced imo. That's her with her father on his birthday (my first invitation ever!)
    wtuf50.jpg
    Her face isn't too bad, she's just kinda... meh (make-up really improves her looks). There's nothing special about her, her eyes are very small and her lips are really thin and that's already the case with ninety-nine percent of the townies, so there isn't really a way to "improve" that look once the pre-mades vanish.
    2hgy23t.jpg
    Her mother looks cuter and more balanced than her imo, eventhough i did everything to make her look odd. Seems the game is more creative than me XD
    w00qo9.jpg
    The main problem is, that i'm really in love with her little sister Valentina. She obviously has a strange nose and she's a little chubby, but in total she just has that certain je ne sai quoi imo. I'm really sorry, Cleo!
    2zfpsmq.jpg
  • Options
    @elanorbreton You can use buydebug cheat to get rid of the spawners so the junk doesn't show up on the lot. Bulldozing doesn't work on those. I don't know why furniture would be vanishing though. If you have Nraas MC you can click on the lot and use object stats to flush anything that didn't show up in buydebug. It took me a few tries to find them all, it is a long list of stuff on the lot. I had some ghost spawn boxes that showed up in buydebug, but, I couldn't get rid of them, but, I was able to flush out that way. I still get snakes on my lot, that totally creep me out, but can't find that spawner. I guess I need to check the lots next to me to be sure they don't cross over. I hate snakes!!
  • Options
    Hi everyone, I tried one more attempt at trying to get my culled Sims back, I was messing with the save files for hours, recreating copies of them, looking up cheats, I ended up just uninstalling the game. I kind of shocked myself when doing it. I wasn't even expecting to, I just did it and didn't bother stopping myself. This game has just been stressing me out again and again, a game shouldn't be doing that.
  • Options
    @jessicaSimston ::::Hugs:::: exactly, a game should not be that stressful. I'm sorry that it happened and couldn't be fixed. Think about sending a message to SimGuruDrake about it. Sounds like she is reporting things to the teams. It might be at least worthwhile for them to hear the frustration and the end result of the culling for you.
  • Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    Hi everyone, I tried one more attempt at trying to get my culled Sims back, I was messing with the save files for hours, recreating copies of them, looking up cheats, I ended up just uninstalling the game. I kind of shocked myself when doing it. I wasn't even expecting to, I just did it and didn't bother stopping myself. This game has just been stressing me out again and again, a game shouldn't be doing that.

Ever since I mistakenly corrupted my Sims 2 game, I stay away from the game files. I still don't know what exactly I did wrong, but trying to fix it only made it worse. I had to reset the whole game.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top