Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Petition:Continue The Sims 3 (284 signatures!) Please join in and sign! EA, don't abandon TS3.

Comments

• Options
    BellaGothIsQueenBellaGothIsQueen Posts: 531 Member
    Sure I'll sign, I still love ts3 and ts4 is starting to get boring even with all these new addons.
  • Options
    leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,063 Member
    I found other thing than would be great to add at a patch
    the machine to power brains (sorry I no know its english name) from University Life, if you have other Expansion Packs, should be able to give you all available skills , no only base-game and UL
  • Options
    boguczed1boguczed1 Posts: 170 Member
    You are aware that this won't work, right?
  • Options
    leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,063 Member
    boguczed1 wrote: »

Why?
  • Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,289 Member
    leo3487 wrote: »
    boguczed1 wrote: »

Why?

Because the gaming engine CANNOT hold anymore EP's/SP's and the gaming engine is broken as EA has admitted this a long time ago. And EA has no plans to ever return to older games and make more stuff for them. That's why. It won't matter how many people sign, EA is done with TS3. It's time for them to move on now.

Out with the old, in with the new... ;)

• Options
    ViisserViisser Posts: 12 New Member
    I'll sign !!
  • Options
    Emily4331Emily4331 Posts: 10,850 Member
    Hehe as much as I love The Sims 3, it doesn't need new expansions and be continuously updated for someone to keep playing it. Unlike a lot of games that would rely on additional content for replayability, the Sims games are open enough that you have innumerable things to do with all of the content that it already has.

And I just have to point this out...

*Sims game is realeased* - Customers: No weather? No pets? EA just want to make a bunch of expansions and steal our money by taking features out of the base game!

*Sims 4 is released. Many fans (including myself) dislike it and stick with TS3* - 200 + Customers (apparently): EA! Why don't you just release all of these expansions and stuff packs for The Sims 3 to keep it going!

:lol:

Was just making a family in Monte Vista today. I intend to play them later tonight and I don't need any more content to make me more inclined to do so.

Not to mention that way more work that you imagine goes into all of those expansions and stuff packs. So, let's see...take valuable team members and have them work on an old game, or have them keep working to make content for the new one? I think the answer is simple. When a company makes a sequel, the game before it is officially dead (as in no content will be made for it any longer). But that doesn't mean it has to be dead to you.

-Sincerely, someone who has enjoyed The Sims 3 for the past 6 years and will continue to enjoy it as it is.
  • Options
    SilentWolf101SilentWolf101 Posts: 3,898 Member
    I loved the sims 3, but I think it has released all it could. Personally, so far I prefer 3 to 4...
    ~Open your mind before your mouth~
    Yes, I'm still working on my stories. But I am restarting them (again). Links will come when they're up. :)
    Come Join The Mafia! | Monthly Simlit Story Challenges
  • Options
    WinMacSims3WinMacSims3 Posts: 1,610 Member
    No matter what the opponents say about this thread, I would support TS3. The Sims 2 is an interesting game but it's impossible for Windows users to get The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection unless one contacts EA or alternatively, they get used copies from Amazon.

The Sims 2: Super Collection is another Sims 2 product on the Mac App Store that costs $30 but the issue with that is most of us outside the Mac forums likely don't have a Mac.

I also don't want this thread/petition to die either. I will support TS3 and try to help people with bugs with my bug thread.

The Sims 3 is a good game but the bugs and flaws are what hold it back. However, it's cheaper than The Sims 4 (The Sims 3 Starter Pack is $20 whereas The Sims 4 is $60) although buying all TS3 EPs and SPs are still expensive than buying TS4 but most of us that have TS3 likely have most or all the games.

Like what I said before, there are still people who prefer The Sims 3 over The Sims 4 similar to how people preferred Windows XP over Vista & Windows 7 over Windows 8.

I really don't want to argue but no matter what TS3 opponents say, The Sims 3 is still a good game despite it flaws but it has a lot of bugs that need fixing. Heck, The Sims 2 even after 10 years since release is still liked although unlike SimCity 4, it's no longer sold for Windows users.

It'a a shame that EA isn't going to update The Sims 3 leaving it to us to use mods or workarounds to fix the glitches.
    Origin ID: GothicSimmer, YouTube: GothicSimmer
  • Options
    CoryMachCoryMach Posts: 1,122 Member
    Updated. Just so you know, this is only going to work if it gets a certain amount of signatures.
  • Options
    bumping for more signatures
  • Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,289 Member
    WOW, this was all the way on page 11 where is should still be at... :# Why resurrect such an old thread for?... :s
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    lisasc360 wrote: »
    WOW, this was all the way on page 11 where is should still be at... :# Why resurrect such an old thread for?... :s
    It's old, but the latest post was on May 16 before the bump.
  • Options
    WinMacSims3WinMacSims3 Posts: 1,610 Member
    edited June 2015
    I agree about the bump @CoryMach A lot of people need to recognize TS3 and we need more signatures. What I would like is the bugs from TS3 to be fixed because the game has a lot of bugs that never have been fixed and my thread lists a lot of bugs. It's worse for the Macs users as The Sims 3 will never be patched to support Intel Iris which is jarring as a lot of Mac users use the MacBook Pro.

TS3 is a good game and everyone should play it despite flaws like long loading times. performance issues, and glitches.
    Origin ID: GothicSimmer, YouTube: GothicSimmer
  • Options
    EllessarrEllessarr Posts: 2,795 Member
    edited June 2015
    well count on me that i really love sims 3 over sims 4flaws by flaws i prefer a game with actually is made for my gameplay and looked like they at last tried to keep up with the new thrend of less load screens and more open places to walk.

sims 3 still selling the store still selling then why not keep improving the game.
    tumblr_mfiuwmQOLI1qgap4ho1_500.gif
  • Options
    Ellessarr wrote: »
    well count on me that i really love sims 3 over sims 4flaws by flaws i prefer a game with actually is made for my gameplay and looked like they at last tried to keep up with the new thrend of less load screens and more open places to walk.

sims 3 still selling the store still selling then why not keep improving the game.
    Thank you.
  • Options
    Juliee101Juliee101 Posts: 479 Member
    sign me up
  • Options
    ARRenschARRensch Posts: 694 Member
    I'm pretty sure EA's done with the Sims 3, but I'll sign anyway. Can only help, right?
    Wearing a gas mask to flex on the coronavirus.
  • Options
    Fairy_HappyFairy_Happy Posts: 8,907 Member
    Eh I might as well sign too. :)
  • Options
    ARRenschARRensch Posts: 694 Member
    They could at least fix a few bugs.
    Wearing a gas mask to flex on the coronavirus.
  • Options
    Updated. Three more until 250.
  • Options
    br560br560 Posts: 1,836 Member
    Sign me up, please :)
    Br560.
    Playing the sims since 2012
  • Options
    br560 wrote: »
    Sign me up, please :)