Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Petition:Continue The Sims 3 (284 signatures!) Please join in and sign! EA, don't abandon TS3.

Comments

• pinkieposhpinkieposh Posts: 241 Member
    Please add me.
    I love TS3 and would definitely love a new EP.
    I have TS4. But it is just sitting on my PC. I haven't had the desire to play it ever since I test run it for couple of hours.
    tumblr_phvdhrrkdl1qcy6v1o1_r2_540.png
    My Page My Simblr My Studio
    My YouTube Channel
  • CoryMachCoryMach Posts: 1,122 Member
    pinkieposh wrote: »
    Please add me.
    I love TS3 and would definitely love a new EP.
    I have TS4. But it is just sitting on my PC. I haven't had the desire to play it ever since I test run it for couple of hours.
    Thank you.
  • ericbatchelderericbatchelder Posts: 734 Member
    If they do continue The Sims 3, what do you think the next EP will be?
  • KrayzieStrykerKrayzieStryker Posts: 2,646 Member
    Well seeing this Thread i need to subscribe for it :p
    Even if this Thread is already years old ;)
    If they do continue The Sims 3, what do you think the next EP will be?
    1. Open for Business (EP12)
    2. Reality TV (EP13)
    3. Other Ideas (from EP14 and on)
  • WinMacSims3WinMacSims3 Posts: 1,610 Member
    No matter what the opponents say about this thread, I would support TS3. The Sims 2 is an interesting game but it's impossible for Windows users to get The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection unless one contacts EA or alternatively, they get used copies from Amazon.

The Sims 2: Super Collection is another Sims 2 product on the Mac App Store that costs $30 but the issue with that is most of us outside the Mac forums likely don't have a Mac.

I also don't want this thread/petition to die either. I will support TS3 and try to help people with bugs with my bug thread.

The Sims 3 is a good game but the bugs and flaws are what hold it back. However, it's cheaper than The Sims 4 (The Sims 3 Starter Pack is $20 whereas The Sims 4 is $60) although buying all TS3 EPs and SPs are still expensive than buying TS4 but most of us that have TS3 likely have most or all the games.
    Origin ID: GothicSimmer, YouTube: GothicSimmer
  • kamra19610kamra19610 Posts: 461 Member
    Add me I love the sims 3
    kamra19610 wrote: »
    Add me I love the sims 3
    I already added your name.
    Ah @CoryMach i wanted to tell you that i would sign for this Petition, as i can't see my name in the list yet. So add my name please :)
  • ModseyModsey Posts: 1,468 Member
    While I don't think it'll ever happen, I do wish they'd open up the store again and start producing for content. It could make a lot of money for EA and make up for monetary losses (which is all they care about) and it'd give simmers a chance to get the content they want.

Although, while I highly doubt most computers could take on anymore EPs/SPs, and it'd be a buggy mess if it did happen, I would like to see EA publish a good EP that was high quality and made up for the overly disappointing ITF and Movie Stuff.

What would make me happiest is if they fixed CAW once and for all, allowing my to actually run Edit-in-Game without crashes because of a heavy store content file.

But yeah, add me to the signature list, I'm more than happy to at least try and hope
  • RebelCreator1RebelCreator1 Posts: 167 Member
    Add me also. I love games 1-4 but 3 holds a special place in my heart.
  • Dimon6579Dimon6579 Posts: 501 Member
    I would prefer EA still work on Sims 3, considering the bugs still present in it, and even some on the website. Please add my signature to this please..thaks!
    A sims 4 player, but i mostly play on steam. I do not own sims 4 on steam, but thru origin. I play on few occasions sims 4.
    Thank you. 13 more until 250.
    Modsey wrote: »
    While I don't think it'll ever happen, I do wish they'd open up the store again and start producing for content. It could make a lot of money for EA and make up for monetary losses (which is all they care about) and it'd give simmers a chance to get the content they want.

Although, while I highly doubt most computers could take on anymore EPs/SPs, and it'd be a buggy mess if it did happen, I would like to see EA publish a good EP that was high quality and made up for the overly disappointing ITF and Movie Stuff.

What would make me happiest is if they fixed CAW once and for all, allowing my to actually run Edit-in-Game without crashes because of a heavy store content file.

But yeah, add me to the signature list, I'm more than happy to at least try and hope

Hmm i don't understand the Sims 3 Store is still open you can still buy stuff from it. But i guess there won't be no more newer Store Items for buying if you mean that ? Because i still have many Store Items that i want to buy but didn't do yet, because the price is really high and as i heard as more Store Items my Game has the more laggy it can get, at least with a complete Sims 3 Game.

@CoryMach i wish us luck because i really want new stuff even though i know that won't happen because we are already in the Sims 4 Era :(
    But well as i told often already if the Sims 4 won't deliever the fun i have with the previous Sims there is no reason for me to invest into that newer Game further.
  • MocaJavaMocaJava Posts: 1,392 Member
    CoryMach wrote: »
    EA, these are your options:
    1. You can continue to make EPs for the old three games before TS4.
    2. I could create a company, and purchase the rights for all of those games.

Wow at #2. Wee bit delusional there. It would cost you millions and millions of dollars to buy the rights, and I doubt they'd sell them because the games make them money. I mean good you have a dream, but...wow.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    You can add my name. I love The Sims 3 and I don't want it to die. :)
  • AmotAmot Posts: 700 Member
    Aw heck, why not- I'll sign. :)
    Let them eat cake.
  • pxelskiespxelskies Posts: 1,064 Member
    I don't think they'll do anything with this, but it never hurts to try I guess. So I'll sign.

To me, it wouldn't even be so much about a new EP or anything, but more about fixing the parts of the game that still aren't working. And some minor fixes to the store, for those few items that still can't be bought seperately and make everything available for the Complete Your Set discount.
  • jbsquared2000jbsquared2000 Posts: 895 Member
    I loved the Sims2 and was slow to embrace Sims3. Now I'm feeling the same way about the Sims4, ...but, add me to this petition, as well. :)
    Here, among friends, you can call me Jewels (or Julie).
    My not very profound or life-altering signature quote: Life is short, so laugh often - it will make your children nervous. B)

My thread of Sincere Thanks
    No more wishlist for me! It disappeared in a poof of gift-giving smoke!
  • pinkieposhpinkieposh Posts: 241 Member
    I don't think they'll do anything with this, but it never hurts to try I guess. So I'll sign.

To me, it wouldn't even be so much about a new EP or anything, but more about fixing the parts of the game that still aren't working. And some minor fixes to the store, for those few items that still can't be bought seperately and make everything available for the Complete Your Set discount.

True! The bugs really need to be fixed. I would like to be able to play the game without having to rely on mods for it to run smoothly.
    Some new more items to better my sims living conditions wouldn't hurt either. I.e. I would like my eco-friendly sims to have a better mode of transportation other than the Jamboree without having the bad moodlet for wasting energy.
    tumblr_phvdhrrkdl1qcy6v1o1_r2_540.png
    My Page My Simblr My Studio
    My YouTube Channel
  • AmotAmot Posts: 700 Member
    igazor wrote: »
    @lisasc360 - Look at it this way. EA has never, that any of us know of, ever re-staffed a game whose development has been retired. So of course (I hope) 98% of the folks signing that petition who have signed the petition within the past year or so realize it's not realistically going to accomplish anything. But it gives them something to fantasize about briefly -- I mean, it could happen, it's not like the laws of physics are preventing it. And the entire thread keeps those interested in the fantasy off the streets or from getting into other forms of trouble for at least a few minutes at a time. :p

Pretty much, I doubt it's going to really ever happen but heck- I decided "Eh why not".

EA is too focused on other projects to go back to an old one. At most, one can dream.
    Let them eat cake.
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    lisasc360 wrote: »
    EA is done making EP's for TS3. It is now time for them to work on TS4 TS5.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • lovejess2lovejess2 Posts: 3,049 Member
    edited May 2015
    I actually don't thinks it's possible Sims 3 is quite a large game to start with and then trying to add more EP's on top of that it might ruin someone's game real bad for me to play Sims 3 smoothly I have to uninstall 2 EP's and trust me my computer's just fine. But I agree with @JoAnne65 EA is better to put that effort into making the next Sims series as best as they can cause I can promise you if they did add a new EP they can't just stop Sims 4 they'll have to continue with that as well and also work on the next game on the side line.

P.S For those who hope for Sims 2 content that's downright impossible as Sims 2 is very outdated now on alot of systems and EA would no longer have the right programs to work with Sims 2.
  • lovejess2lovejess2 Posts: 3,049 Member
    lisasc360 wrote: »
    Well you are all fooling yourselves if you think EA is reading and listening to this thread and will be making more for TS3 because they ARE NOT going to add more to it. Now let this thread die the fast death that it deserves...eye roll

You and I do think similarly about the fact that EA probably doesn't care at all about the Sims 3 anymore, but no need to be super pessimistic and, quite honestly, harshly disrespectful to those who do have hope. I mean I would love to see Sims 3 continued for years to come, but doubt it as long as Sims 4 is up and needs promoting as we are now thrust into a generation where money IS power. Now I do have a speck of hope that Sims 3 might get a patch here an there, maybe a teeny update by EA, but come on. No need to be rude now. Nobody needs that.
    Sweetie Money has always been power.
    Thank you all. 9 more until 250.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top