Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Petition:Continue The Sims 3 (284 signatures!) Please join in and sign! EA, don't abandon TS3.

Comments

• Options
    CoryMachCoryMach Posts: 1,122 Member
    I was wondering if anyone would want to pay attention to this thread. I and some Simmers are kinda upset about EA not caring about TS3 despite the bugs it still has. While The Sims 2 and The Sims 4 on Mac added support for Intel Iris Graphics, The Sims 3 has not causing issue for MacBook Pro users whose Macs were made in 2013.
    Your name is added. Don't worry.

• Options
    MemoriiValentineMemoriiValentine Posts: 1,911 Member
    sign me up.sims 3 is far my favorite game even with its crashes and bugs.sims 4 is nothing more than its shadow in comparison, to alot of people.
    Happy Simming!♥
  • Options
    Celticgamer0Celticgamer0 Posts: 1,997 Member
    Sign me up!
    *Read my lips. No more loading screens.*
  • Options
    NiniBeMe69NiniBeMe69 Posts: 2,327 Member
    I would love for them to continue with TS3. There is so much more they could do with it. Besides fixing all the glitches. You can put me on your list. :)
  • Options
    ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,356 Member
    Well we can hope. Add me please :)
  • Options
    Jon the WizardJon the Wizard Posts: 268 Member
    How about "Homeless Life Stuff," for really crappy looking refurbished stuff intended for people who have no money?
  • Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,286 Member
    EA is done with TS3. So there will be no more EP's and SP's. Everyone that worked on TS3 either moved over to TS4, got laid off or quit from EA. This is a waste to keep signing something that can't and won't happen as EA has moved on to their new project and that is developing new content for TS4. This is one thread that I wish the mods would close because it is a waste and no one at EA is listening at all because they have to now work on TS4. It has been 2 years since the last EP/SP came out, if EA was going to be adding more, then we would had already had a least 1-2 out by now.
  • Options
    SilvakristiinaSilvakristiina Posts: 444 Member
    I will sign up, no matter what @lisasc360 says. There are thousands of threads I think should be closed and off from blocking the forum too, but no one actually cares about my opinion, they make their owns.
  • Options
    Well you are all fooling yourselves if you think EA is reading and listening to this thread and will be making more for TS3 because they ARE NOT going to add more to it. Now let this thread die the fast death that it deserves...eye roll
  • Options
    KATENESSKATENESS Posts: 3,610 Member
    I don't see the harm in asking for more. We'll never get more unless they know we still want more.

Sign me up! :)
    giphy.gif

• Options
    FluorescentSoapFluorescentSoap Posts: 1,472 Member
    Signed, because the game never felt complete. There's still so much they can do with the game. TS4 isn't for everyone! I'd love more activities to be introduced, more family elements etc.
    tumblr_inline_oqdvr8Z3jV1qbd7br_540.gif
    ⌠ Team Holy Hêll ⌡ [Currently playing TS4]
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited April 2015
    @lisasc360 - Look at it this way. EA has never, that any of us know of, ever re-staffed a game whose development has been retired. So of course (I hope) 98% of the folks signing that petition who have signed the petition within the past year or so realize it's not realistically going to accomplish anything. But it gives them something to fantasize about briefly -- I mean, it could happen, it's not like the laws of physics are preventing it. And the entire thread keeps those interested in the fantasy off the streets or from getting into other forms of trouble for at least a few minutes at a time. :p
    Post edited by igazor on
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    igazor wrote: »
    @lisasc360 - Look at it this way. EA has never, that any of us know of, ever re-staffed a game whose development has been retired. So of course (I hope) 98% of the folks signing that petition realize it's not realistically going to accomplish anything. But it gives them something to fantasize about briefly -- I mean, it could happen, it's not like the laws of physics are preventing it. And the entire thread keeps those interested in the fantasy off the streets or from getting into other forms of trouble for at least a few minutes at a time. :p

I strongly agree with this.
  • Options
    Bily_jednorozecBily_jednorozec Posts: 1,574 Member
    ^^ agree, but I wanna hope in this and as long-year simmer I'm not able to convince me to find TS4 interesting for me. I will never buy it, so, if EA wants see my money, they should to make further releases for the game, which I have collected all. I will not begin another bug-circle from the same developer, when TS3 isn't still fixed.
    Please, further releases (and bug-fixes) for TS3 = Sign Me Up, Please
    "My Studio" on thesims3.com "My Blog" on thesims3.com
    Sorry for editing my comments frequently, in most cases I'm doing this due language issues (english isn't my native language, but I'm using english, because most used by people, with who I want to communicate).
  • Options
    @lisasc360 - Look at it this way. EA has never, that any of us know of, ever re-staffed a game whose development has been retired. So of course (I hope) 98% of the folks signing that petition realize it's not realistically going to accomplish anything. But it gives them something to fantasize about briefly -- I mean, it could happen, it's not like the laws of physics are preventing it. And the entire thread keeps those interested in the fantasy off the streets or from getting into other forms of trouble for at least a few minutes at a time. :p

YEAH! This.

But hey, maybe all the people who got fired or quit could band together and work on the glitches and some EPs??! I'd pay for that.
  • Options
    ZeeGee wrote: »

YEAH! This.

But hey, maybe all the people who got fired or quit could band together and work on the glitches and some EPs??! I'd pay for that.

They can't do that if they no longer work with EA. EA would sue them if they tried to make more EP's because of copyright issues. Do you want the former employees to get sued if they tried to work on more content for the game? NO you wouldn't.

• Options
    becomingjennbecomingjenn Posts: 3,942 Member

Um, one thing, because I know my name shows up...this thread was started before TS4 was released (it was in the ideas and feedback section then lol). That said, I still would love to see more stuff for TS3 ;) Heck, I'm not sure if I'm ever going to be ready to move on to TS4 (it's not my style) and I've got too much stuff to do in TS3. I'm hoping that maybe the next iteration will be something that is more my speed (I don't really like the art style, if I want that I'll stick with my trusty Nintendo, at least they have better luck with patches and making sure things work).

• Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member

Um, one thing, because I know my name shows up...this thread was started before TS4 was released (it was in the ideas and feedback section then lol). That said, I still would love to see more stuff for TS3 ;) Heck, I'm not sure if I'm ever going to be ready to move on to TS4 (it's not my style) and I've got too much stuff to do in TS3. I'm hoping that maybe the next iteration will be something that is more my speed (I don't really like the art style, if I want that I'll stick with my trusty Nintendo, at least they have better luck with patches and making sure things work).

At least nintendo's isn't bad graphical quality XD I hate the octagon pans in Sims 4 soooo much. I'd prefer something that looks more like The last of US <3
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    Um, one thing, because I know my name shows up...this thread was started before TS4 was released (it was in the ideas and feedback section then lol).
    Point taken, thanks. Post edited. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    Anonymous_Loba24Anonymous_Loba24 Posts: 528 Member
    lisasc360 wrote: »
    Well you are all fooling yourselves if you think EA is reading and listening to this thread and will be making more for TS3 because they ARE NOT going to add more to it. Now let this thread die the fast death that it deserves...eye roll

You and I do think similarly about the fact that EA probably doesn't care at all about the Sims 3 anymore, but no need to be super pessimistic and, quite honestly, harshly disrespectful to those who do have hope. I mean I would love to see Sims 3 continued for years to come, but doubt it as long as Sims 4 is up and needs promoting as we are now thrust into a generation where money IS power. Now I do have a speck of hope that Sims 3 might get a patch here an there, maybe a teeny update by EA, but come on. No need to be rude now. Nobody needs that.
    4079d81271f2af485384f79de0670e0a.gif
  • Options
    lisasc360 wrote: »

You and I do think similarly about the fact that EA probably doesn't care at all about the Sims 3 anymore, but no need to be super pessimistic and, quite honestly, harshly disrespectful to those who do have hope. I mean I would love to see Sims 3 continued for years to come, but doubt it as long as Sims 4 is up and needs promoting as we are now thrust into a generation where money IS power. Now I do have a speck of hope that Sims 3 might get a patch here an there, maybe a teeny update by EA, but come on. No need to be rude now. Nobody needs that.

I'm not being rude, just telling the truth and it's not my fault that people can't see the truth or that the truth hurts. If EA were to make anymore EP's, then there would still be an Ideas and Feedback section in the TS3 section but it's not as EA removed it as they are not interested in making anything new.... ;)

• Options
    edited May 2016
    Nevermind
    Post edited by ZeeGee on
  • Options
    becomingjennbecomingjenn Posts: 3,942 Member
    Um, one thing, because I know my name shows up...this thread was started before TS4 was released (it was in the ideas and feedback section then lol).
    Point taken, thanks. Post edited. :)

no problem...but I'm kind of like @ZeeGee "a girl can dream" :smiley:

@06Bon06 I kind of went Animal Crossing and Harvest Moon, and between that and TS3, I kind of felt the void filled. I'm keep hoping, kind of like Cities: Skylines, that someone will take up the torch for doll house sandbox simulation with decent graphics (not set to the LCD as they tried in this latest iteration).

TS3 has given me a lot of joy in playing and for that I'm thankful to EA and hopeful that they can do things right again.

• Options
    mollymegan30mollymegan30 Posts: 84 Member
    i defeinatley will SIGN! i tried sims 4 then bought get to work.....i came back to sims 3 after four days!!! sims 4 is not the same!! :(
  • Options
    I_M1LOS_II_M1LOS_I Posts: 256 Member
    Signed, we want another MILLION update for The Sims 3. Us do not care what other people think! ;)
    I'm actually a game developer, and playing Sims just inspires me.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top