Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Seasons will look absolutely amazing in Sims 4!

Comments

• Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited June 2015
    @Writin_Reg. Yep, I remember that. I also remember Seasons in Sims 2. And I can't be bothered wasting energy on pessimism. I would imagine that a Seasons EP, done in a way that suits this game, really is in the plans. And I believe it will be awesome.

Enjoy your day.

Sims 2 by the way was built on the same game engine Sims 3 used. They (the company that made the game engine) simply refurbished the Sims 2 game engine - first of all. The Maps used in Sims 2 was the maps used in Sims City 4 and like all of Sims City 4 can take any kind of weather. It was not a pocket world. We used to use Sims city 4 to make our own templates for Sims 2. Sims 3 maps used the same type technology but used Build world 3.4. BUT the Sims City 4 used Build world 2.3 mapping - same as Sims 2 and same as Sims 3 except it had advanced 3D. So of course both sims 2 and Sims 3 used weather across the maps. They were off the same system on the same game engine. Sims 1 was a whole different animal.

Oh, and technically, I am an optimist (my glass is always half full - but I am also a realist) but of course optimism only comes into the picture where wishful ideas are hoped - it is a different story where fact exist and you can neither be pessimistic or optimistic when it comes to actual facts.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    edited June 2015
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    @Writin_Reg. Yep, I remember that. I also remember Seasons in Sims 2. And I can't be bothered wasting energy on pessimism. I would imagine that a Seasons EP, done in a way that suits this game, really is in the plans. And I believe it will be awesome.

Enjoy your day.

Sims 2 by the way was built on the same game engine Sims 3 used. They (the company that made the game engine) simply refurbished the Sims 2 game engine - first of all. The Maps used in Sims 2 was the maps used in Sims City 4 and like all of Sims City 4 can take any kind of weather. It was not a pocket world. We used to use Sims city 4 to make our own templates for Sims 2. Sims 3 maps used the same type technology but used Build world 3.4. By the Sims City 4 used Build world 2.3 mapping - same as Sims 2 and same as Sims 3 except it had advanced 3D. So of course both sims 2 and Sims 3 used weather across the maps. They were off the same system on the same game engine. Sims 1 was a whole different animals.

Oh and technically I am an optimist but of course optimism only comes into the picture where wishful ideas are hoped - it is a different story where fact exist and you can neither be pessimistic or optimistic when it comes to actual facts.

There's one fact we are sure of : Sims 4 is build on a new engine.
    So any deduction based on what the previous engine could or could not be is pointless.

OT : I would like to see fog added ! Was fog in TS3 ? I guess wind may be complicated, animating all clothes and hair would be a lot of work.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Neia wrote: »

Enjoy your day.

Sims 2 by the way was built on the same game engine Sims 3 used. They (the company that made the game engine) simply refurbished the Sims 2 game engine - first of all. The Maps used in Sims 2 was the maps used in Sims City 4 and like all of Sims City 4 can take any kind of weather. It was not a pocket world. We used to use Sims city 4 to make our own templates for Sims 2. Sims 3 maps used the same type technology but used Build world 3.4. By the Sims City 4 used Build world 2.3 mapping - same as Sims 2 and same as Sims 3 except it had advanced 3D. So of course both sims 2 and Sims 3 used weather across the maps. They were off the same system on the same game engine. Sims 1 was a whole different animals.

Oh and technically I am an optimist but of course optimism only comes into the picture where wishful ideas are hoped - it is a different story where fact exist and you can neither be pessimistic or optimistic when it comes to actual facts.

So any deduction based on what the previous engine could or could not be is pointless.

AWWWW yes - but the map on that engine is the issue and the map determines how things are done. The fact the map is the identical style of the Sims 1 seeing both worked on worlds dropped into a pocket on the map - the same is in fact the system on Sims 4.

Be glad it is not the Unity engine Sims 1 used. Keep in mind games like Farmville and Hidden objects games play on Unity engines. So it is definitely not that. I had the entire Unity Engine software on my other pc for Farmville just so I could tinker with it. You know how big it is a smidgeon over 3 gigs. My Sims 3 game folder which is only EA made eps, sps and the store - no CC or anything is 28 plus gigs. So be glad it is not a Unity engine like Sims 1 had.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    Simberella777Simberella777 Posts: 480 Member
    This time around, I’m counting on Seasons coming, even if it comes later rather than sooner. I keep watching my builds and outdoor areas in preparation of it.

In Sims 2 at University, my Sims nearly froze to death when the snow hit and I couldn’t figure out what was wrong. They were in a pre-made rental house up on the third floor where the game room was. Right before anyone perished, I noticed the roof didn’t line up with all the walls and there were big gaps that let the cold air in!

In Sims 3, one of the first things I noticed in a pre-made house was a large terrarium right in the middle of the living room, with a huge tree going up through a hole in the ceiling! It made me wonder if a Season’s EP wasn’t planned. Yeah, right.

I would love to see snow in Granite Falls! What will the campers do in their tents, outdoor showers, and sleeping bag beds, not to mention those who sleep or nap on park benches? How about ice fishing? I just truly hope the bear hibernates!
  • Options
    Aussie_SimmerAussie_Simmer Posts: 2,623 Member

Enjoy your day.

Sims 2 by the way was built on the same game engine Sims 3 used. They (the company that made the game engine) simply refurbished the Sims 2 game engine - first of all. The Maps used in Sims 2 was the maps used in Sims City 4 and like all of Sims City 4 can take any kind of weather. It was not a pocket world. We used to use Sims city 4 to make our own templates for Sims 2. Sims 3 maps used the same type technology but used Build world 3.4. BUT the Sims City 4 used Build world 2.3 mapping - same as Sims 2 and same as Sims 3 except it had advanced 3D. So of course both sims 2 and Sims 3 used weather across the maps. They were off the same system on the same game engine. Sims 1 was a whole different animal.

Oh, and technically, I am an optimist (my glass is always half full - but I am also a realist) but of course optimism only comes into the picture where wishful ideas are hoped - it is a different story where fact exist and you can neither be pessimistic or optimistic when it comes to actual facts.

You are awesome for posting this! Yay!
    Aussie_Simmer
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member

Enjoy your day.

OT : I would like to see fog added ! Was fog in TS3 ? I guess wind may be complicated, animating all clothes and hair would be a lot of work.
    Yes, Sims 3 has fog ;)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    edited June 2015

Enjoy your day.

AWWWW yes - but the map on that engine is the issue and the map determines how things are done. The fact the map is the identical style of the Sims 1 seeing both worked on worlds dropped into a pocket on the map - the same is in fact the system on Sims 4.

If this reasonning was correct, we shouldn't have a simultaneous timeline.

My little wishlist for Seasons :
    - Seasons who work a bit like the aging option and offer a active household option or simultaneous. On second thought I don't see how that could work
    - Seasons with customizable duration
    JoAnne65 wrote: »

Enjoy your day.

Yes, Sims 3 has fog ;)

Thanks for the info ! We might see it in TS4 too then, that's cool.

Post edited by Neia on
  • Options
    Simmer724Simmer724 Posts: 106 Member
    I bet season would be epic on here, but I don't forsee it coming out until like at least another year, maybe two.
  • Options
    ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    I figure my Sims don't really live on Earth anyway, just somewhere sort of like it. It could snow in their desert.

I knew someone once who lived in Reno, NV.
    That's desert right? Or close to. It snows there apparently. And that always baffled me.

Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    I CAN'T WAIT UNTIL SEASONS! :D

If it changes those pink or most of the time in my game, those white trees then yes, anything is better than that.

There's a mod for that. lol
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    This time around, I’m counting on Seasons coming, even if it comes later rather than sooner. I keep watching my builds and outdoor areas in preparation of it.

In Sims 2 at University, my Sims nearly froze to death when the snow hit and I couldn’t figure out what was wrong. They were in a pre-made rental house up on the third floor where the game room was. Right before anyone perished, I noticed the roof didn’t line up with all the walls and there were big gaps that let the cold air in!

In Sims 3, one of the first things I noticed in a pre-made house was a large terrarium right in the middle of the living room, with a huge tree going up through a hole in the ceiling! It made me wonder if a Season’s EP wasn’t planned. Yeah, right.

I would love to see snow in Granite Falls! What will the campers do in their tents, outdoor showers, and sleeping bag beds, not to mention those who sleep or nap on park benches? How about ice fishing? I just truly hope the bear hibernates!

I remember that... almost freezing in a few of the houses where the roofs were not closed in ;).
    I can't wait for seasons and what it will bring. I hope for pink petals on the ground from those beautiful trees. I do often play with my sims almost fully living outside now... so it will be interesting to figure out how I have to change my game play when it get's patched in. Oh, I had a bad thought though, I wonder how much harder it will be to fish... maybe they will add the ability to go ice fishing.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    HamsysincyHamsysincy Posts: 142 Member
    It took more than 2 years before both TS2 and TS3 had the Seasons EP.

Let's hope TS4 won't take that long time to have Seasons. Btw, no matter what the next EP is, it has gotta bring back the vibes with impacting game plays.

The game is boring at the moment. Even when Newcrest comes out, i doubt it can sustain the simmers' interest for long.
  • Options
    JUst curious OP - according to your title "Seasons will look amazing..." I ask and? What exactly good does it do for anything in the game to LOOK amazing. The backdrops often are said to look amazing. Do they offer anything really and make for a more endearing game because something looks great? Tell me - I think the showboat, the train, even the trolley look amazing - but had they not existed in the game it would not matter as they neither add or take away from the game itself much of anything. Keep in mind the roads look amazing - have drainage, curbs, meridians - amazing right? But really are you any closer to have useable cars in the game. What do the fake roads, fake backdrops and anything else fake do for your game other than eye appeal? You do realize you may very well get Seasons done FX style - just like the rest of the fakery. Then tell me how you would feel about how the game looks. Now had you said getting Seasons in this game with all it's related game play from former Sims games will be amazing - I could see it. But quite frankly how something looks in the sims 4 seems relatively shallow as most of the amazing looks is just fakery and not even interactive. About like them ducks swimming around in the pond. USeless FX.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member

Enjoy your day.

Yes, Sims 3 has fog ;)

Fog in TS3 was really annoying because in some areas it would go inside the house, I hope the same doesn't happen in TS4.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    Pary wrote: »
    I figure my Sims don't really live on Earth anyway, just somewhere sort of like it. It could snow in their desert.

That's desert right? Or close to. It snows there apparently. And that always baffled me.
    Googled and yes, it even snows in the Sahara occasionally ^^

snow-Taklamakan-Desert.jpg

FQq3o.jpg

Sigzy05 wrote: »

Enjoy your day.

Yes, Sims 3 has fog ;)

Fog in TS3 was really annoying because in some areas it would go inside the house, I hope the same doesn't happen in TS4.

In Twinbrook maybe? I never played there. I've never seen fog in my houses but I'd never seen snow in my houses and I do now in the high Bridgeport buildings. It's annoying, like plants growing through the walls :s
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member

Googled and yes, it even snows in the Sahara occasionally ^^

snow-Taklamakan-Desert.jpg

FQq3o.jpg

Enjoy your day.

Yes, Sims 3 has fog ;)

In Twinbrook maybe? I never played there. I've never seen fog in my houses but I'd never seen snow in my houses and I do now in the high Bridgeport buildings. It's annoying, like plants growing through the walls :s

Yes there :)
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    jc_16jc_16 Posts: 42 Member
    I don't think I will like how the weather will like on the sims 4. Most of the land on TS4 are just flat and those who has higher terrains stuff are just background fx and the level of progress how the weather will change wouldn't be the same as TS3 because they need to change the FX every time the weather changes/progresses.
  • Options
    CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    I think on Halloween your sims should be able to go to other sims houses and knock for candy but that's if they enabled it so we can do that :relaxed: ...
    giphy_1.gif
  • Options
    I think on Halloween your sims should be able to go to other sims houses and knock for candy but that's if they enabled it so we can do that :relaxed: ...
    They can in S3 (or did you know that, not sure if you meant it as a new idea).
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited June 2015
    klch87 wrote: »
    It took more than 2 years before both TS2 and TS3 had the Seasons EP.

Let's hope TS4 won't take that long time to have Seasons. Btw, no matter what the next EP is, it has gotta bring back the vibes with impacting game plays.

The game is boring at the moment. Even when Newcrest comes out, i doubt it can sustain the simmers' interest for long.
    It it doesn't take two years, it could end up looking bad like the OR creatures. I rather have season done well, then rushed and looking bad. Both pets and seasons I want Maxis to take time on.

I do hope terrain tool returns before Seasons anyway. It would look boring having snow on all flat terrain.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    I'm intriged of how they are going to manage to work with the back drops of the map.....I guess snow will be limited to only one world? Like in TS1? :\

But all the other weather aspects should work fine.

That's one of my biggest questions too. That's why I'm kind of in the "not assuming that anything is coming until it's announced" camp. I do think Seasons is a strong possibility because it was a popular expansion theme in both TS2 and TS3, however TS4 is quickly establishing itself as an entirely different direction for the series. Maybe we'll get a "snow world" like TS1? I don't know. It'll be interesting to see how they decide to tackle it if they make a Seasons expansion this time around.

One of the most beautiful things I ever saw was snow on the desert underneath a full moon when my ex and I drove to Vegas many years ago.
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    @GabbyGirlJ What you said last "snow on the desert underneath a full moon" made me think of the old Blade Runner line. Not sure why, I'm batty that way...

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain..."

I doubt we will have tears in the rain, but I'll settle for the rain and snow :)
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    CipherMandyCipherMandy Posts: 524 Member
    SEASONS!!!!
  • Options
    WolfEyesWolfEyes Posts: 2,192 Member
    edited June 2015
    Actually if they can't make toddlers in all this time - you really think they will go through all the work and recoding to make Seasons.

Besides this is a map like was in Sims 1 - so covering the whole map with weather is not feasible. The Seasons we got in Sims 1 was winter and Fall and was done via a vacation pocket Winter Lodge vacation spot and fall vacation pocket camping vacation lot. That is how this kind of map works apparently. Do none of you remember that?

It's been so long since I've played TS1 that I honestly don't remember. The good news is we are slowly making progress so that hopefully (before the end of summer) I'll be able to play it again.

If they have to do seasons for TS4 the same way (or similar) as TS1 then I think I can live with that from the way you described it. I'm starting to vaguely remember it now.

The two things that run through my mind when I think about having seasons/weather are:

Variety is the spice of life.

and

... ETA: Something is better than nothing.

uh oh Brain fart. There was another old saying that I was going to post but I've lost it. Drives me nuts when I have something on the tip of my tongue and then suddenly it's gone. If I remember what it was I'll edit my post. :/
    Post edited by WolfEyes on
    Sims 4 Simple Elegance

152511.gif

This is the truth.
    Mitakuye oyasin.
    To all my relations, keep dancing.
    Believe or you will not see.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    WolfEyes wrote: »
    Actually if they can't make toddlers in all this time - you really think they will go through all the work and recoding to make Seasons.

Besides this is a map like was in Sims 1 - so covering the whole map with weather is not feasible. The Seasons we got in Sims 1 was winter and Fall and was done via a vacation pocket Winter Lodge vacation spot and fall vacation pocket camping vacation lot. That is how this kind of map works apparently. Do none of you remember that?

It's been so long since I've played TS1 that I honestly don't remember. The good news is we are slowly making progress so that hopefully (before the end of summer) I'll be able to play it again.

If they have to do seasons for TS4 the same way (or similar) as TS1 then I think I can live with that from the way you described it. I'm starting to vaguely remember it now.

The two things that run through my mind when I think about having seasons/weather are:

Variety is the spice of life.

and

uh oh Brain fart. There was another old saying that I was going to post but I've lost it. Drives me nuts when I have something on the tip of my tongue and then suddenly it's gone. If I remember what it was I'll edit my post. :/
    This was the map of the Sims Vacation. Hopefully that helps your memory a little. It was like winter, spring/fall, then summer at the bottom.
    latest?cb=20130710020457
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller