Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Not Impressed With The New World

Comments

• Options
    EllessarrEllessarr Posts: 2,795 Member
    Neia wrote: »
    I'm with @luthienrising and @Simulator4 here, I like the world structure in TS4.

I don't care if there is no sense of continuity between the neighboorhoods. I like that they have a cohesive look that suggests they are part of the same city, but at the same time rather spaced out, suggesting the world is big and we only see a small part of it. That means they can expand it if they want, they can add plenty of new worlds and the neighboorhoods can have different feel without it being odd looking (like some green/desert neighboorhoods in OS, or I can use different neighboorhoods for different architectural style).

For me the map view is schematized, not a true representation of the Sim reality, like a tourist map with the points of interest bigger than they truely are.

But I agree with you @Ellessarr, TS4 is not following what is mainstream or we would have either a free-to-play mobile app or an online action-packed multiplatform pseudo-RPG.

lol, free-to-play and online action are not the only mainstream, i know a lot of single-player and not action games which "are part of mainstream", the mainstream nowadays is explore more complex games exploring more the new egineers and computers capacity, because gamers market is more picking well you know the "non simmers" which somehow is some part is more "i don't care", again go look to fans of others franchises and see how much "i don't care peoples" you gonna find on that communities, because gamers actually care for quality and sims also is a game which don't have only "cheap" or don't care fans but also gamers, casuals and others then caring just a little part of the fanbase is shooting at the feet than that is what happen you get forum full of anger, also twitter(ofcourse twitter is more easy to control and you can just delete the messages you don't like), that is why sims 4 is getting a huge backslash, they are doing minimum efforts to try to mak the game sell, while some peoples are happy about that efforts because they just or don't care, or just not waiting anything since they prefer pay to have rater than have for free or just because less is more since i can't afford to buy a new pc even if it's mean buy a cheap or average or whatever the reasons, well the point is which this game is catering just a little part of the fanbase then some part are anger and stopped to support while others are also anger but since the "necessity of buy and fanboy/girl is too strong" they ending buying and get disappointed but can't stop of buy, this make the community very divided and it is not health and can really in the end damage more the game, band-aid never gonna be the solution or you make really a good game or you just "don't make" and keep holding more and improving, making a game which looks like a half made project and hope everyone is cheap, or don't care or blind enough to buy it anyway is not really a smart move no matter how you believe you fanbase is supportive, because in the end all are humans and while some are fine with less is more not everyone is and many want the best possible from what the market have to offer from the team, otherwise you could not see any game evolving and get better, unless you want to go back in the age of stone since "we don't care right"?.
    tumblr_mfiuwmQOLI1qgap4ho1_500.gif
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    With Riverview, I got a separate world I could play in, completely separately from the first world. Two different games. It did not make my Sunset Valley game bigger.

Yes, I know I could add lots to worlds. I did. Until they were full. Then they were full, forever and ever. Sunset Valley included. Riverview did not make Sunset Valley, once filled with lots, even bigger.

To me, this structure of expanding my savegame world with new, potentially very different, worlds is preferable to the Sims 3 system where a world was its own thing and I couldn't have my Sims go between them seamlessly. (This, by the way, frustrated me to no end every single time I got a new EP or world.)

I am not interested in making you "believe" me, though I don't think that the fact that Riverview didn't make Sunset Valley bigger is actually deniable, nor is the fact that this new Sims 4 world does make the world of my save bigger actually deniable.

I do want to state, again, that one of these worlds structures is not de facto better than the other. They're different. What you prefer isn't what I prefer.

But I don't think we are mixing apples and oranges as you stated earlier. You use mods in the TS4 don't you? Then why didn't you use the mod to travel between Sunset Valley and Riverview (free)? What you are saying is this adds to your saved game. Well, with a mod you could have done that in the TS3 and had two worlds 'connected' which are ten times bigger than what you have in the TS4 with an EP, a GP and a free fifteen lot 'world'.

The point I made earlier is, it doesn't matter Riverview was a separate 'world', it was huge. And free and complete. I could add in all the Rabbit Holes anywhere on the map (almost) even off the road, if I wanted, and you know you are 'still looking at the same décor in TS4 even if you add this new world for TS4. You are still looking at the same type scenery, when in TS3 I can look at the scenery in the Sunset Valley and the totally different scenery of a full world in the Riverview world. And even add a mod to travel between them. So, in the long run TS3 still gave players more options and more space and that 'free' world given soon after TS3 was released, not nine months later, is what people are comparing. A full world, for free, shortly after registering your TS3. And a mod later to travel between them. So, saying this is better can't hardly be compared to the 'space' you were given in the TS3. And no loading screens to boot. And for all I know I may just play in the 'free' world and never travel again to WC or OS, so it's still looking at the same scenery forever, because it is the same theme. Where as TS3's world, even free one was different.

It's not hard to comprehend really. TS3 gave players more, period. Even within the first month of the game.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    rbridges430rbridges430 Posts: 2,675 Member
    One more thing, why did it take months to create this carbon copy of WC?
  • Options
    nickibitswardnickibitsward Posts: 3,115 Member
    NJSimmer wrote: »
    While I agree that The Sims 4 is not and never will be the great open world that The Sims 3 was, I'm beginning to enjoy it more. This addition of new lots is a boon to me and I don't care if it looks like the same old world or not. That's not, IMO, important. What's important to me is having enough room to expand my families and not have to evict other families to do it. I recently discovered Zerbu's "Go To School" mod and it's awesome! It's not a full blown EP but it adds another fun dimension to The Sims 4. The problem for me was that I had to bulldoze homes to make room for the Elementary and High School and, as it also generates new families, I needed room for them as well.
    Sure, there are things I miss that The Sims 3 had that The Sims 4 will never have like riding in a car or jogging or cycling all over town but I'll willingly give those things up for newer, more immersive gameplay as we've gotten in GTW. I'm hoping for EP's that go beyond what we got in The Sims 3 and it's really still too early to know what directions those EP's might take.
    As for the gaming engine, yes, big mistake on EA's part but it is what it is and that's not going to change, so get over it! No amount of gripping is going to make EA switch game engines on a released product. All they can do is attempt to make alterations that we Simmers ask for within the limitations of what they have and improve S4 with bigger and better EP's. At least they've been very good about making content free in an attempt to appease their loyal fans (pools, call up dating and making friends at school and work, etc, and now more lots) and I'm sure they'll be more. I don't believe it's as easy a task for EA to do some of these things as some in the Forums seem to think it is.
    One more thing, for all those that go on and on about how great TS3 was. Have you forgotten how long it took the screens to load? If you, like me, had all the EP's and SP's for TS3 than it was no picnic. My last neighborhood took 45 mins just to load in and it crashed constantly. I haven't had one crash with TS4 (since they fixed that Dec2014 problem) and even with tons of CC and the EP's to date, I still load in less than a minute. But, I agree, I'd like to see the load screens within neighborhoods removed...even if it means a little longer load time.

45 minutes for Sims 3 to load? I'd be frustrated too. My Sims 3 with all the EP's, SP's and most of the store took 7-8 minutes on my old (4 years old) PC and on the new one now, 3-4 minutes and that's into saved game. Depends on your specs, I guess. Still, one load screen to me, is better than multiple.

• Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,630 Member
    It took long enough to load one world for me in Sims 3. I was never interested in loading an even bigger one. And my read on that mod was that it wasn't going to behave the way I was looking for. Besides which, single worlds that were even bigger lagged on me all to plum and crashed my game -- and I was playing on a system above recommended requirements in all respects and very well maintained, so none of that "it's just your computer" plum applies. FWIW, I had other issues with Sims 3. Some things that some of you think was "more" to me were just frustrating -- those rabbit holes, for example, were in-my-face teases. This whole Sims 3 Vs. Sims 4 thing is not a thing that can be judged objectively. My opinion is that the Sims 4 world structure gives me a better experience. And I will be happy about having more worlds in my Sims 4 game, whether other people like that or not.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    It took long enough to load one world for me in Sims 3. I was never interested in loading an even bigger one. And my read on that mod was that it wasn't going to behave the way I was looking for. Besides which, single worlds that were even bigger lagged on me all to plum and crashed my game -- and I was playing on a system above recommended requirements in all respects and very well maintained, so none of that "it's just your computer" plum applies. FWIW, I had other issues with Sims 3. Some things that some of you think was "more" to me were just frustrating -- those rabbit holes, for example, were in-my-face teases. This whole Sims 3 Vs. Sims 4 thing is not a thing that can be judged objectively. My opinion is that the Sims 4 world structure gives me a better experience. And I will be happy about having more worlds in my Sims 4 game, whether other people like that or not.

I can appreciate how you feel. I was not able to add EPs on a mid graphic card and only 4GBs of RAM so there were things about TS3 I didn't get to fully play or find out when it was going strong so I went back to the TS2. I actually love rotational play and I enjoy the TS4 because of that. But I think it's way past time we stop fighting each other and people calling some of us who are frustrated with this game 'haters'. No, I actually like a whole bunch of stuff about it. But if they want me to buy more (maybe they don't care, lol and would be glad I'm gone) I need to see improvements with the 'gameplay' and the culling and all sorts of other issues. Because right now, the Sims are very shallow to me and while I sit around waiting for these 'freebies' to be patched back into our base game....I have a whole game waiting in the TS2 with bigger worlds, closed worlds even, and which seems a better game. But I like new and shiny, too. :'( I want to love this game, too. But as long as they drag their feet and put out stuff packs I'm not going to use, then I just have to wait month after month, year after year, until they tweak and repair and add the things I would like to have in this game to help me enjoy it more. Same thing happened to me on the TS3, I haven't enjoyed either of them as much as the TS2. But it is looking dated, you know, so I want new and shinny too. But I don't know, how many years will I have to wait for a game I can squeal about and love again? Five more? Never? Same thing I went through about the TS3. I didn't like how they changed my Sims in that game, either. But it sure was pretty. But Pretty didn't keep me entertained for five more years. I want new stuff, too, and like free updates, too, but I need more than what they gave us in this base game to make me buy more or play more.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    A gamepack, an expansion and 3 free worlds with 15 lots total. We have around, 30 lots now?
    Progress, amIright?

And Sunset Valley alone still triples in the amount of lots. And we can actually explore that place.

I really just can't. But - that's just me :|
    YMMV.

And that's why I do not consider this "world" an improvement in any way whatsoever.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options

Because I really believe it was never planned to 'expand' our games by adding more lots. They said they built GTW very early on, (with four lots) that means to me they had already planned their first year's releases in advance at the time they made up their mind to take the Olympus and change it to a single player game. I really believe it wasn't ever planned to give players more lots to use in this game. And why they created the thread wondering why they had miss the mark about this game and had forgotten what the Sims are about, (there were three threads remember?) and another one of how they could improve the worlds for this generation of Simmers. Because they truly didn't expect Simmers to be upset by the lack of land for their own use.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,630 Member
    @Cinebar - I hear you. I don't play any other game and I can imagine how it must feel to be even less happy with this than I was with the previous iteration. I played 3, but I'd hit that feeling of disappointment and walk away for months on end before I'd play again, and I can imagine how it must be to hit that feeling even more often and more deeply, as I see happening here. I know I'm fortunate to be one of the people who really enjoys the game this round. I've been really happy when I've seen you enjoying aspects of it for a while. And I can imagine it must be frustrating on your side to see people happy when you aren't sharing in that. I wasn't on Sims forums before now except sporadically -- I popped in when I had technical problems or wanted to see what people were saying about new content or to share an opinion that I didn't hang out for follow-up on (I had other web-forum homes, for other interests, during all those years, and not enough interest in the game to add a new "home") -- so I didn't have the experience you're having now. If I wasn't happy with the game now (I stayed up way too late last night with my new alien household!), I'd probably not be here: I have enough other places in life I have no choice but to push for things in, and I wouldn't choose to do that for a game on top of the rest.

So, I have a lot of empathy for people, you included, who aren't enjoying this game and want improvements. I have to admit, though, that my buttons get pushed by certain patterns of argument, especially those that discount or devalue the experience or opinion of people for whom Sims 4 is a good game, even a preferred one, telling us or implying that we're simply wrong. And I struggle to find a way of pushing back on that tactfully, but I feel compelled to push back. And I'm saddened every time someone quietly tells me that they might not or won't read or post here anymore because it's hard to find or keep the joy here when even that very joy, we get inevitably told, is making someone sad. There are other places where we can be joyful about our game without being told we're wrong to be happy or are making someone sad. Me, I like web forums. Something about the discussion format just works for me. I also am stubbornly determined to keep some joyful presence here as long as I feel that joy and can take the inevitable hit back.

Anyway, this is all very off topic, and I don't have more to say that's on topic except that I probably shouldn't have bothered reading this whole topic in the first place and that I wish the forum had a "hide this topic" option so I would have to resist only once.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,063 Member
    @Cinebar - I hear you. I don't play any other game and I can imagine how it must feel to be even less happy with this than I was with the previous iteration. I played 3, but I'd hit that feeling of disappointment and walk away for months on end before I'd play again, and I can imagine how it must be to hit that feeling even more often and more deeply, as I see happening here. I know I'm fortunate to be one of the people who really enjoys the game this round. I've been really happy when I've seen you enjoying aspects of it for a while. And I can imagine it must be frustrating on your side to see people happy when you aren't sharing in that. I wasn't on Sims forums before now except sporadically -- I popped in when I had technical problems or wanted to see what people were saying about new content or to share an opinion that I didn't hang out for follow-up on (I had other web-forum homes, for other interests, during all those years, and not enough interest in the game to add a new "home") -- so I didn't have the experience you're having now. If I wasn't happy with the game now (I stayed up way too late last night with my new alien household!), I'd probably not be here: I have enough other places in life I have no choice but to push for things in, and I wouldn't choose to do that for a game on top of the rest.

So, I have a lot of empathy for people, you included, who aren't enjoying this game and want improvements. I have to admit, though, that my buttons get pushed by certain patterns of argument, especially those that discount or devalue the experience or opinion of people for whom Sims 4 is a good game, even a preferred one, telling us or implying that we're simply wrong. And I struggle to find a way of pushing back on that tactfully, but I feel compelled to push back. And I'm saddened every time someone quietly tells me that they might not or won't read or post here anymore because it's hard to find or keep the joy here when even that very joy, we get inevitably told, is making someone sad. There are other places where we can be joyful about our game without being told we're wrong to be happy or are making someone sad. Me, I like web forums. Something about the discussion format just works for me. I also am stubbornly determined to keep some joyful presence here as long as I feel that joy and can take the inevitable hit back.

Anyway, this is all very off topic, and I don't have more to say that's on topic except that I probably shouldn't have bothered reading this whole topic in the first place and that I wish the forum had a "hide this topic" option so I would have to resist only once.

You hit the nail on the head. There was another recent post in which one simmer said he/she enjoyed the game and didn't care about the town layout or design and another poster insinuated that people who 'don't care' about particular features must have lower standards, must be blind to buy such a game, must have low end computers, or are willing to settle for mediocrity. It was very insulting.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    What I would like to see this community do for those who actually love this game is to fill the general discussion with their 'happy' threads because you know what, they aren't doing that. I sort of can't believe it is because they get picked on or people go into those threads to rile them up. Maybe when we had some real trolls here when this game was first released they did that. But I have seen most people who aren't happy 'yet' leave those threads alone. But you know what I don't see in the feedback threads? When people make their complaints to EA or just to vent their frustration players who really like the game go into those threads and don't leave those people alone. So, it's both sides and sometimes I would like to see positive people stay out of negative threads telling those people to get over it, leave and go play something else because feedback is something they wanted and they are getting plenty of it. If we don't like the forum setup and EA constantly telling us to voice our good and bad feedback (instead of telling us to discuss our gameplay) then we can't really blame negative commenters when they are attacked no matter where they post and EA asked them to post it.
  • Options
    ArlettaArletta Posts: 8,444 Member

Sadly, this. If there was some other forum to go to talk happily about the game, I would use it. A Google search yielded nothing useful. I looked last night. I think I need to stay signed out and remove the link from my bookmarks and stop looking for a while. This place is depressing me to no end.

In the meantime, if somebody knows somewhere, PM me. I'll go be satisfied with my game somewhere else.

• Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,545 Member
    edited June 2015
    pezhead7 wrote: »
    In sims 3, you paid for "new/different" worlds.

Riverview was new, different, Bigger, and Free.

Yeah, but river view stunk

I liked Riverview.

I liked it too. I had it for the longest and never played.
    I sat down a played finally and found I really liked it.

Screenshot-101.jpg

Screenshot-100.jpg

The neighborhoods became even better once you went in placed lots where you wanted.
    We don't even have that creative freedom with TS4 yet.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    SucomSucom Posts: 1,709 Member
    I'm with @luthienrising and @Simulator4 here, I like the world structure in TS4.

I don't care if there is no sense of continuity between the neighboorhoods. I like that they have a cohesive look that suggests they are part of the same city, but at the same time rather spaced out, suggesting the world is big and we only see a small part of it. That means they can expand it if they want, they can add plenty of new worlds and the neighboorhoods can have different feel without it being odd looking (like some green/desert neighboorhoods in OS, or I can use different neighboorhoods for different architectural style).

For me the map view is schematized, not a true representation of the Sim reality, like a tourist map with the points of interest bigger than they truely are.

But I agree with you @Ellessarr, TS4 is not following what is mainstream or we would have either a free-to-play mobile app or an online action-packed multiplatform pseudo-RPG.

They'll be announcing TS4 ported over to those versions at Gamescon in August. ;)

A gamepack, an expansion and 3 free worlds with 15 lots total. We have around, 30 lots now?
    Progress, amIright?

And Sunset Valley alone still triples in the amount of lots. And we can actually explore that place.

I really just can't. But - that's just me :|
    YMMV.

Yeah, I feel the same. Lots of people asked for more space, so they made this new world in response, and I'm sure for some people this will be enough. It's great that they're giving it out for free, too.

But the problem is that there are still many, many simmers who's play styles are still being left out because they've shrunken the whole game to the size of a postage stamp. They've eliminated half the simulation and most of the customization options compared to past versions. At best, it seems like a cheap knock-off of a sims game, IMO. Personally, I'm really saddened to see my favorite game reduced to this. :'(

I wholeheartedly agree with HappySimmer3. Sims 4 does seem like a cheap knock-off of a Sims game. It's very saddening indeed.

• Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    NJSimmer wrote: »
    While I agree that The Sims 4 is not and never will be the great open world that The Sims 3 was, I'm beginning to enjoy it more. This addition of new lots is a boon to me and I don't care if it looks like the same old world or not. That's not, IMO, important. What's important to me is having enough room to expand my families and not have to evict other families to do it. I recently discovered Zerbu's "Go To School" mod and it's awesome! It's not a full blown EP but it adds another fun dimension to The Sims 4. The problem for me was that I had to bulldoze homes to make room for the Elementary and High School and, as it also generates new families, I needed room for them as well.
    Sure, there are things I miss that The Sims 3 had that The Sims 4 will never have like riding in a car or jogging or cycling all over town but I'll willingly give those things up for newer, more immersive gameplay as we've gotten in GTW. I'm hoping for EP's that go beyond what we got in The Sims 3 and it's really still too early to know what directions those EP's might take.
    As for the gaming engine, yes, big mistake on EA's part but it is what it is and that's not going to change, so get over it! No amount of gripping is going to make EA switch game engines on a released product. All they can do is attempt to make alterations that we Simmers ask for within the limitations of what they have and improve S4 with bigger and better EP's. At least they've been very good about making content free in an attempt to appease their loyal fans (pools, call up dating and making friends at school and work, etc, and now more lots) and I'm sure they'll be more. I don't believe it's as easy a task for EA to do some of these things as some in the Forums seem to think it is.
    One more thing, for all those that go on and on about how great TS3 was. Have you forgotten how long it took the screens to load? If you, like me, had all the EP's and SP's for TS3 than it was no picnic. My last neighborhood took 45 mins just to load in and it crashed constantly. I haven't had one crash with TS4 (since they fixed that Dec2014 problem) and even with tons of CC and the EP's to date, I still load in less than a minute. But, I agree, I'd like to see the load screens within neighborhoods removed...even if it means a little longer load time.
    Although I'm a 'get over it' type of person (also for myself) I don't think in this case you quite get it. Speaking for myself: I'm over Sims 4. I am going to try it again when I'll be able to play it properly (computer issues) but I must admit my expectations are low. And I don't really mind because I don't mind playing 3 (and 2, which is a new game for me). I wouldn't be surprised if many people here are trying to get through to EA that if they are planning anything after Sims 4, they'll have to lift their standards.

I haven't forgotten anything by the way because I still play 3 like I said and so do others. I don't have the issues with Sims 3 you had (all EP's, SP's and a lot of Store content, loading the game takes 10 minutes, hardly ever crashes and doesn't lag), like you clearly don't have the issues with 4 I have (my computer shuts down when I go into CAS; I think my graphic card isn't sufficient).
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Cinebar wrote: »

Because I really believe it was never planned to 'expand' our games by adding more lots. They said they built GTW very early on, (with four lots) that means to me they had already planned their first year's releases in advance at the time they made up their mind to take the Olympus and change it to a single player game. I really believe it wasn't ever planned to give players more lots to use in this game. And why they created the thread wondering why they had miss the mark about this game and had forgotten what the Sims are about, (there were three threads remember?) and another one of how they could improve the worlds for this generation of Simmers. Because they truly didn't expect Simmers to be upset by the lack of land for their own use.
    You know, I think you might be right there and I think if you are that's really sad. Because it means they haven't got a clue what simmers find important in their game.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    Arletta wrote: »

Sadly, this. If there was some other forum to go to talk happily about the game, I would use it. A Google search yielded nothing useful. I looked last night. I think I need to stay signed out and remove the link from my bookmarks and stop looking for a while. This place is depressing me to no end.

In the meantime, if somebody knows somewhere, PM me. I'll go be satisfied with my game somewhere else.
    I visit several forums. I love this one because it's very active, which yes, does mean there's also a lot of negativity concerning the game. The other forums I visit aren't negative, they're quite silent concerning Sims 4. This is just a fact. Would you believe, being one of the negative people here concerning Sims 4, I'm one of the most active ones on my home forum providing people with information and advice (often found here)? People over there know I don't like the game but we don't discuss it and I follow S4 story's and picture topics in a positive way (because I happen to like story's). I can't imagine there aren't any English speaking sites with the same atmosphere? Doesn't this forum have sections where only Sims 4 fans meet btw (where the story's are for instance)? I can imagine the section feedback never was the happiest one.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited June 2015
    Ellessarr wrote: »

lol, free-to-play and online action are not the only mainstream, i know a lot of single-player and not action games which "are part of mainstream", the mainstream nowadays is explore more complex games exploring more the new egineers and computers capacity, because gamers market is more picking well you know the "non simmers" which somehow is some part is more "i don't care", again go look to fans of others franchises and see how much "i don't care peoples" you gonna find on that communities, because gamers actually care for quality and sims also is a game which don't have only "cheap" or don't care fans but also gamers, casuals and others then caring just a little part of the fanbase is shooting at the feet than that is what happen you get forum full of anger, also twitter(ofcourse twitter is more easy to control and you can just delete the messages you don't like), that is why sims 4 is getting a huge backslash, they are doing minimum efforts to try to mak the game sell, while some peoples are happy about that efforts because they just or don't care, or just not waiting anything since they prefer pay to have rater than have for free or just because less is more since i can't afford to buy a new pc even if it's mean buy a cheap or average or whatever the reasons, well the point is which this game is catering just a little part of the fanbase then some part are anger and stopped to support while others are also anger but since the "necessity of buy and fanboy/girl is too strong" they ending buying and get disappointed but can't stop of buy, this make the community very divided and it is not health and can really in the end damage more the game, band-aid never gonna be the solution or you make really a good game or you just "don't make" and keep holding more and improving, making a game which looks like a half made project and hope everyone is cheap, or don't care or blind enough to buy it anyway is not really a smart move no matter how you believe you fanbase is supportive, because in the end all are humans and while some are fine with less is more not everyone is and many want the best possible from what the market have to offer from the team, otherwise you could not see any game evolving and get better, unless you want to go back in the age of stone since "we don't care right"?.

Ok, I'm not a total fan of Ts4, but these kinds of comments blaming the players is just not cool. I totally understand your frustration and totally understand your points, but the sort of comments about how some players are "cheap" and "settle for crud" does not help. It makes this already toxic forum atmosphere even more unpleasant.

It's generalizing comments about the players that make game communities such bickerfests. It's part of the problem regarding the divided community insulting each other.

Talk about the game, not blaming the players, please. :( Call the game a stripped down mobile game, but please stop the comments about real-life people here.

On-topic: I'm happy for more space, but...the worlds should've been bigger in the first place or expanded, and I'm not impressed by the bland world.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited June 2015

It's really not a copy but I do wish for some diversity after Magnolia Promenade.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    CipherMandyCipherMandy Posts: 524 Member
    edited June 2015
    Hey, if it's free I'm happy! If this were a paid world, then I wouldn't even give it a second thought. Plus I can do whatever I want to it, and that is what has me excited.

This is the same way I felt about Riverview in TS3, and it ended up becoming my base world for my legacy family. After some minor tweaking of course.

That is until Sunlit Tides became available. If there was ever a world that I actually miss it's that one. My fingers are crossed we get a similar world in TS4. My family will move there faster that you can say dag-dag!
  • Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member

Ok, I'm not a total fan of Ts4, but these kinds of comments blaming the players is just not cool. I totally inderstand your frustration and your points, but the sort of comments about how some players are "cheap" and "settle for crud" does not help. It makes this already toxic forum atmosphere even more unpleasant.

It's generalizing comments about the players that make game communities such bickerfests. It's part of the problem regarding the divided community insulting each other.

Talk about the game, not blaming the players, please. :( Call the game a stripped down mobile game, but please stop the comments about real-life people here.

I have to agree. With both of you actually. But more so with the quote I specifically, well, quoted.

Anyone on here will tell you I've had this very same argument countless times - I also, what's the word?, 'articulated' myself in such a manner that it zeroed in onto specific people. I then offended people, which wasn't my intention at all, and the point I was actually trying to get across didn't get heard at all.

As frustrated as you are, and to be fair - I don't see you mentioning names, blaming people on here is not cool and will get you nowhere.

--T

• Options
    Arletta wrote: »

MTS has a whole TS4 section where you post all your happy threads and or gameplay threads. The negative threads are grouped and merged into one big one. The moderators there do make those who speak negatively about the game curb it and put it in the larger negative thread. Censored really well over there.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    To7m wrote: »

Ok, I'm not a total fan of Ts4, but these kinds of comments blaming the players is just not cool. I totally inderstand your frustration and your points, but the sort of comments about how some players are "cheap" and "settle for crud" does not help. It makes this already toxic forum atmosphere even more unpleasant.

I have to agree. With both of you actually. But more so with the quote I specifically, well, quoted.

Anyone on here will tell you I've had this very same argument countless times - I also, what's the word?, 'articulated' myself in such a manner that it zeroed in onto specific people. I then offended people, which wasn't my intention at all, and the point I was actually trying to get across didn't get heard at all.

As frustrated as you are, and to be fair - I don't see you mentioning names, blaming people on here is not cool and will get you nowhere.

--T

The thing is, I totally understand the frustration myself. Heck, I'm frustrated with myself sometimes, because I'm one of the casual players who buy anything sims and settle for less, lol. :D I can't help it; I'm a shopaholic who always buy the "new shiny". :p Still, there's not much competition or choices of life sims like the sims (that I already don't have), so yeah....

I'm still going to provide feedback, both negative and positive. :)
    (She/her)
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    CK213 wrote: »
    pezhead7 wrote: »
    In sims 3, you paid for "new/different" worlds.

Riverview was new, different, Bigger, and Free.

Yeah, but river view stunk

I liked Riverview.

I liked it too. I had it for the longest and never played.
    I sat down a played finally and found I really liked it.

Screenshot-101.jpg

Screenshot-100.jpg

The neighborhoods became even better once you went in placed lots where you wanted.
    We don't even have that creative freedom with TS4 yet.

Great pictures. Considering I now live out in the country for over twenty years now, is one of the reasons I really loved Riverview. And it had so many spots where I could build some great country homes and ranches and farms. Rolling hills and farmland is what I see out my windows with vast forests between two mountains in my area (lots of forests) so It became my favorite other than dreaming about a very urban world like Chicago or something where some of my relatives lived.
  • Options
    I loved a lot of sims3 worlds, too. :) (Except Isla Paradiso and maybe Bridgeport, as beautiful as they looked. Obnoxious lagfest, Isla was, even with mods.)
    (She/her)