Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Not Impressed With The New World

12346...Next

Comments

• Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited June 2015
    I loved a lot of sims3 worlds, too. :) (Except Isla Paradiso and maybe Bridgeport, as beautiful as they looked. Obnoxious lagfest, Isla was, even with mods.)
    Yes, Bridgeport being such a mess is worse because it's so beautiful (and I very much agree with your other post).
    (I envie you Cinebar, I'd love to live where you live...)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    EllessarrEllessarr Posts: 2,795 Member
    edited June 2015
    Ellessarr wrote: »
    Neia wrote: »
    I'm with @luthienrising and @Simulator4 here, I like the world structure in TS4.

I don't care if there is no sense of continuity between the neighboorhoods. I like that they have a cohesive look that suggests they are part of the same city, but at the same time rather spaced out, suggesting the world is big and we only see a small part of it. That means they can expand it if they want, they can add plenty of new worlds and the neighboorhoods can have different feel without it being odd looking (like some green/desert neighboorhoods in OS, or I can use different neighboorhoods for different architectural style).

For me the map view is schematized, not a true representation of the Sim reality, like a tourist map with the points of interest bigger than they truely are.

But I agree with you @Ellessarr, TS4 is not following what is mainstream or we would have either a free-to-play mobile app or an online action-packed multiplatform pseudo-RPG.

lol, free-to-play and online action are not the only mainstream, i know a lot of single-player and not action games which "are part of mainstream", the mainstream nowadays is explore more complex games exploring more the new egineers and computers capacity, because gamers market is more picking well you know the "non simmers" which somehow is some part is more "i don't care", again go look to fans of others franchises and see how much "i don't care peoples" you gonna find on that communities, because gamers actually care for quality and sims also is a game which don't have only "cheap" or don't care fans but also gamers, casuals and others then caring just a little part of the fanbase is shooting at the feet than that is what happen you get forum full of anger, also twitter(ofcourse twitter is more easy to control and you can just delete the messages you don't like), that is why sims 4 is getting a huge backslash, they are doing minimum efforts to try to mak the game sell, while some peoples are happy about that efforts because they just or don't care, or just not waiting anything since they prefer pay to have rater than have for free or just because less is more since i can't afford to buy a new pc even if it's mean buy a cheap or average or whatever the reasons, well the point is which this game is catering just a little part of the fanbase then some part are anger and stopped to support while others are also anger but since the "necessity of buy and fanboy/girl is too strong" they ending buying and get disappointed but can't stop of buy, this make the community very divided and it is not health and can really in the end damage more the game, band-aid never gonna be the solution or you make really a good game or you just "don't make" and keep holding more and improving, making a game which looks like a half made project and hope everyone is cheap, or don't care or blind enough to buy it anyway is not really a smart move no matter how you believe you fanbase is supportive, because in the end all are humans and while some are fine with less is more not everyone is and many want the best possible from what the market have to offer from the team, otherwise you could not see any game evolving and get better, unless you want to go back in the age of stone since "we don't care right"?.

Ok, I'm not a total fan of Ts4, but these kinds of comments blaming the players is just not cool. I totally understand your frustration and totally understand your points, but the sort of comments about how some players are "cheap" and "settle for crud" does not help. It makes this already toxic forum atmosphere even more unpleasant.

It's generalizing comments about the players that make game communities such bickerfests. It's part of the problem regarding the divided community insulting each other.

Talk about the game, not blaming the players, please. :( Call the game a stripped down mobile game, but please stop the comments about real-life people here.

On-topic: I'm happy for more space, but...the worlds should've been bigger in the first place or expanded, and I'm not impressed by the bland world.

first i'm a very sincere person and aslong i'm not breaking any forum rules i think i can free speak what i want as long is inside the topic and i was.
    i'm a very strict person and as a gamer i want what gamers want which is the better even if i'm not rich, indeed i'm a middle class which can buy only average pcs and use a lot of credit to buy things because in my country due to our terrible, greedy and corrupted govern, we have high taxes and things cost a lot more here than in many places then we need do a lot of efforts to have good things but this is not the case.

the case is nowadays market is made by 4 type of customers:
    no standarts or customers which just buy thing by names and really don't care about what they are buyiung if true work or if have all the promisses as long they are paying for something they are happy because paying means everything.

low standart customers - which are usally the ones which just are happy if the game bring some fun even at the cost of quality, unlike the no standarts they care for somelevel of quality but is just low and they can accept even big breaks as long the thing still working(even if have malfunctions and some crashs)
    average standarts customers - which normally are "ok" with "ok" games, peoples which normally are not expectating awesome things but a game which bring enough fun and don't have much big bugs is enjoiable, normally that group have a lot of "casual players" which just want a game to pass they time free or not.

high standart customers - which demands for the best possible from the market, which aways want a good product and the company is aways forced the best they can or they will just "fail", the best means almost none bugs or bugs being fixed fast and the game delivery what he told which he must delivery.

in a "perfect world for customers side all the customers where supposed to be the high standart( becarefull don't missundertand high standarts with "being rich" you can be poor and still want the best for you it's about what you are true expectating and not about "how much you have to pay"), because this force the companies at be less lazy and make all the money expended in that game value, not looks like a overpriced thing and make then avoid release unfinished products, because they know this will hurt then.

now in a perfect world for companies we nee the no standarts customers, because with less quality they can focus on release more products over time put any price they want and profit a lot over it, because of th greedy power, this way of think is what give birth or turn companies in in bad companies, because they don't need anymore to put much efforts into they works since peoples will be happy with anything, that is when enter the "fault of customers".

also we also have
    casual players
    and fanboy/girl or love

casual players you can find in any sort of type of customer, from no standart to high, what make casual players is how much they want be engaged in games, normally casual players don't expend more than or is 20% or 30%(don't recall now) of they total time(free and non free) with games, normally keep being between 15 and 20 nowadays in many cases that casual are turning to the mobile market because is more easy play at they cellphone at any place than need to go home or work whenever they want play in pc or consoles, then many companies are looking at that side too, because while casual players still not a "big hunk" of game market, they are growl and what is better is which in many cases they can easy expend a lot of money in micro transations because they feel like "well i'm just paying 1,99 buckets today its little, but in many cases that 1,99 can easy turn in 199, because of the frequence they want to expend money in that things, many casual players and most of the mobile players don't have pattient to "wait" for things and since they don't want to expend more time or wait more to have what they want because they are "casual" they ending going to the pay-for-win and end expend more money than if was a console or computer game.

fanboy/girl is about how much you love something and love is a weapon of 2 sides, while love can make us happy this also can cause us a lot of trouble and one of then is the "blind", just becase mary if my waifu, she make my day shiny, she is super lovedove with me and understand me and looks like my soulmate i start to completly blind myself to all her fautls, because she can be too jelly or can cheat on me, as long she act perfect with me i'm happy, that is the problem with love, sometimes due to too much love toward something is super easy us forgive everything or almost everything and even make high standarts customers become "cheap" because they love so much a franchise which can make easy forget any fails allmost of the games.

a good exemple is sims 2 while he had a awesome family oriented gameplay with a lot of element, he also had a lot of bugs, but since what he give of fun and the customers being in love with it, they just forgive it, then when sims 3 come and changed the game of many of peoples in love with 2, then this make the love "fall a lot" then make then less "blind" for mistakes also combined with bugs and computers compatibility issues then they could see the fail for sims 3 and be anger with it, then come sims 4 and the same happen due to sims 4 is even less for many peoples than sims 3 was then the fails become even more obvious then more peples get vocal.

well what i'm trying to say with that?

simple i'm not a unfair person and put everything in ea shoulder is true unfair and selfish, because while i also hate ea and they "corporation greedy mind" i recognize which the fault of what happened here is something to blame, ea, maxis and fans
    ea for being supergreedy and allow that things to happen and don't allow a proper communication when things are going wrong and for just want to suck all money get from the game instead of use it to invest in the game serie to improve it to they pockets or others "games".

maxis for lack of more "voice" lack of more programm skills since if modders can fix things without wait for a "maybe will fix" then this means which if they where the ones created the game they must be the ones to fix it and fix it azap not focus on "packs" and just fix what they have in free time when not "focus on packs".

and customers, for allow that things to happen and coop with that, if ea is doing that is because peoples accepted that idea and now we have minds of "it's normal each new sim will bring less things"(i what sort of parallel world somone could see this "normal), if a company have a good amount of peoples with that mind, then why they will change???, if not everyone is vocal then this means which a part is fine with what is happening here and they can do it again, because they still have a target customer.

this is the same as like, i know which kill peoples is wrong and in most of the places means jail or death but if end in a place where peoples start to accept it and see this as normal, then why i will try to change??? if i found the place where my way to think "work" then why i need change????.

to sumarise give support to "BAD" actions from corporations is wrong and is a customer fault, which also i fault of the corporation which somehow find a way to make that customer accep and agree with it the famous "brainwash" which is very common in business and market, you throw at peoples many flash, lights, sounds, false info, and others things over and ove and over to the point where peoples "somehow start to believe on it" like i'm stucked in a island with 2 more or one more person and every day i say "blue is red" to the others, every day the same then could happen of one day of hear the samething over and over for days, months, or years i also start to believe on it, because i keep hearing it forever and is the only thing i keep hearing over and over.

what i'm trying to do is try to awareness or just bring my point with keep co-op with bad corporations moves is not something smart or health and you must want good things want the company give you the best, if they can't sorry, the market is fierce and don't forgive fail, and fire the ones which can't, you can't reward fails with good things(well EA rewared the woman for break simcity 2013 turning her vice-president well EA things) this a strange and weird thing, if you fail then you must be ready to pay for that and that is the case of ea and maxis, both failed with most of they customers releasing a game which was scrapped from a previous attempt and praying which all the fans will be happy open arms to accept it which backfired then hard.

no one need to agree with me or like me, i'm here not to be followed, loved or anything i'm here as any other customer fighting for my rights and want a really awesome game and i'm not speaking about "open world", i just want a game which could make all thre previous versions be throwed in the forget zone where goes "old game versions when a new better come" and not a game which make me want play more the "old versions" than teh new one.
    tumblr_mfiuwmQOLI1qgap4ho1_500.gif
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited June 2015
    I'm with @luthienrising and @Simulator4 here, I like the world structure in TS4.

I don't care if there is no sense of continuity between the neighboorhoods. I like that they have a cohesive look that suggests they are part of the same city, but at the same time rather spaced out, suggesting the world is big and we only see a small part of it. That means they can expand it if they want, they can add plenty of new worlds and the neighboorhoods can have different feel without it being odd looking (like some green/desert neighboorhoods in OS, or I can use different neighboorhoods for different architectural style).

For me the map view is schematized, not a true representation of the Sim reality, like a tourist map with the points of interest bigger than they truely are.

But I agree with you @Ellessarr, TS4 is not following what is mainstream or we would have either a free-to-play mobile app or an online action-packed multiplatform pseudo-RPG.

lol, free-to-play and online action are not the only mainstream, i know a lot of single-player and not action games which "are part of mainstream", the mainstream nowadays is explore more complex games exploring more the new egineers and computers capacity, because gamers market is more picking well you know the "non simmers" which somehow is some part is more "i don't care", again go look to fans of others franchises and see how much "i don't care peoples" you gonna find on that communities, because gamers actually care for quality and sims also is a game which don't have only "cheap" or don't care fans but also gamers, casuals and others then caring just a little part of the fanbase is shooting at the feet than that is what happen you get forum full of anger, also twitter(ofcourse twitter is more easy to control and you can just delete the messages you don't like), that is why sims 4 is getting a huge backslash, they are doing minimum efforts to try to mak the game sell, while some peoples are happy about that efforts because they just or don't care, or just not waiting anything since they prefer pay to have rater than have for free or just because less is more since i can't afford to buy a new pc even if it's mean buy a cheap or average or whatever the reasons, well the point is which this game is catering just a little part of the fanbase then some part are anger and stopped to support while others are also anger but since the "necessity of buy and fanboy/girl is too strong" they ending buying and get disappointed but can't stop of buy, this make the community very divided and it is not health and can really in the end damage more the game, band-aid never gonna be the solution or you make really a good game or you just "don't make" and keep holding more and improving, making a game which looks like a half made project and hope everyone is cheap, or don't care or blind enough to buy it anyway is not really a smart move no matter how you believe you fanbase is supportive, because in the end all are humans and while some are fine with less is more not everyone is and many want the best possible from what the market have to offer from the team, otherwise you could not see any game evolving and get better, unless you want to go back in the age of stone since "we don't care right"?.

Ok, I'm not a total fan of Ts4, but these kinds of comments blaming the players is just not cool. I totally understand your frustration and totally understand your points, but the sort of comments about how some players are "cheap" and "settle for crud" does not help. It makes this already toxic forum atmosphere even more unpleasant.

It's generalizing comments about the players that make game communities such bickerfests. It's part of the problem regarding the divided community insulting each other.

Talk about the game, not blaming the players, please. :( Call the game a stripped down mobile game, but please stop the comments about real-life people here.

On-topic: I'm happy for more space, but...the worlds should've been bigger in the first place or expanded, and I'm not impressed by the bland world.

first i'm a very sincere person and aslong i'm not breaking any forum rules i think i can free speak what i want as long is inside the topic and i was.
    i'm a very strict person and as a gamer i want what gamers want which is the better even if i'm not rich, indeed i'm a middle class which can buy only average pcs and use a lot of credit to buy things because in my country due to our terrible, greedy and corrupted govern, we have high taxes and things cost a lot more here than in many places then we need do a lot of efforts to have good things but this is not the case.

no standarts or customers which just buy thing by names and really don't care about what they are buyiung if true work or if have all the promisses as long they are paying for something they are happy because paying means everything.

low standart customers - which are usally the ones which just are happy if the game bring some fun even at the cost of quality, unlike the no standarts they care for somelevel of quality but is just low and they can accept even big breaks as long the thing still working(even if have malfunctions and some crashs)
    average standarts customers - which normally are "ok" with "ok" games, peoples which normally are not expectating awesome things but a game which bring enough fun and don't have much big bugs is enjoiable, normally that group have a lot of "casual players" which just want a game to pass they time free or not.

high standart customers - which demands for the best possible from the market, which aways want a good product and the company is aways forced the best they can or they will just "fail", the best means almost none bugs or bugs being fixed fast and the game delivery what he told which he must delivery.

in a "perfect world for customers side all the customers where supposed to be the high standart( becarefull don't missundertand high standarts with "being rich" you can be poor and still want the best for you it's about what you are true expectating and not about "how much you have to pay"), because this force the companies at be less lazy and make all the money expended in that game value, not looks like a overpriced thing and make then avoid release unfinished products, because they know this will hurt then.

now in a perfect world for companies we nee the no standarts customers, because with less quality they can focus on release more products over time put any price they want and profit a lot over it, because of th greedy power, this way of think is what give birth or turn companies in in bad companies, because they don't need anymore to put much efforts into they works since peoples will be happy with anything, that is when enter the "fault of customers".

also we also have
    casual players
    and fanboy/girl or love

casual players you can find in any sort of type of customer, from no standart to high, what make casual players is how much they want be engaged in games, normally casual players don't expend more than or is 20% or 30%(don't recall now) of they total time(free and non free) with games, normally keep being between 15 and 20 nowadays in many cases that casual are turning to the mobile market because is more easy play at they cellphone at any place than need to go home or work whenever they want play in pc or consoles, then many companies are looking at that side too, because while casual players still not a "big hunk" of game market, they are growl and what is better is which in many cases they can easy expend a lot of money in micro transations because they feel like "well i'm just paying 1,99 buckets today its little, but in many cases that 1,99 can easy turn in 199, because of the frequence they want to expend money in that things, many casual players and most of the mobile players don't have pattient to "wait" for things and since they don't want to expend more time or wait more to have what they want because they are "casual" they ending going to the pay-for-win and end expend more money than if was a console or computer game.

fanboy/girl is about how much you love something and love is a weapon of 2 sides, while love can make us happy this also can cause us a lot of trouble and one of then is the "blind", just becase mary if my waifu, she make my day shiny, she is super lovedove with me and understand me and looks like my soulmate i start to completly blind myself to all her fautls, because she can be too jelly or can cheat on me, as long she act perfect with me i'm happy, that is the problem with love, sometimes due to too much love toward something is super easy us forgive everything or almost everything and even make high standarts customers become "cheap" because they love so much a franchise which can make easy forget any fails allmost of the games.

a good exemple is sims 2 while he had a awesome family oriented gameplay with a lot of element, he also had a lot of bugs, but since what he give of fun and the customers being in love with it, they just forgive it, then when sims 3 come and changed the game of many of peoples in love with 2, then this make the love "fall a lot" then make then less "blind" for mistakes also combined with bugs and computers compatibility issues then they could see the fail for sims 3 and be anger with it, then come sims 4 and the same happen due to sims 4 is even less for many peoples than sims 3 was then the fails become even more obvious then more peples get vocal.

simple i'm not a unfair person and put everything in ea shoulder is true unfair and selfish, because while i also hate ea and they "corporation greedy mind" i recognize which the fault of what happened here is something to blame, ea, maxis and fans
    ea for being supergreedy and allow that things to happen and don't allow a proper communication when things are going wrong

maxis for lack of more "voice" lack of more programm skills since if modders can fix things without wait for a "maybe will fix" then this means which if they where the ones created the game they must be the ones to fix it and fix it azap not focus on "packs" and just fix what they have in free time when not "focus on packs".

and customers, for allow that things to happen and coop with that, if ea is doing that is because peoples accepted that idea and now we have minds of "it's normal each new sim will bring less things"(i what sort of parallel world somone could see this "normal), if a company have a good amount of peoples with that mind, then why they will change???, if not everyone is vocal then this means which a part is fine with what is happening here and they can do it again, because they still have a target customer.

this is the same as like, i know which kill peoples is wrong and in most of the places means jail or death but if end in a place where peoples start to accept it and see this as normal, then why i will try to change??? if i found the place where my way to think "work" then why i need change????.

to sumarise give support to "BAD" actions from corporations is wrong and is a customer fault, which also i fault of the corporation which somehow find a way to make that customer accep and agree with it the famous "brainwash" which is very common in business and market, you throw at peoples many flash, lights, sounds, false info, and others things over and ove and over to the point where peoples "somehow start to believe on it" like i'm stucked in a island with 2 more or one more person and every day i say "blue is red" to the others, every day the same then could happen of one day of hear the samething over and over for days, months, or years i also start to believe on it, because i keep hearing it forever and is the only thing i keep hearing over and over.

what i'm trying to do is try to awareness or just bring my point with keep co-op with bad corporations moves is not something smart or health and you must want good things want the company give you the best, if they can't sorry, the market is fierce and don't forgive fail, and fire the ones which can't, you can't reward fails with good things(well EA rewared the woman for break simcity 2013 turning her vice-president well EA things) this a strange and weird thing, if you fail then you must be ready to pay for that and that is the case of ea and maxis, both failed with most of they customers releasing a game which was scrapped from a previous attempt and praying which all the fans will be happy open arms to accept it which backfired then hard.

no one need to agree with me or like me, i'm here not to be followed, loved or anything i'm here as any other customer fighting for my rights and want a really awesome game and i'm not speaking about "open world", i just want a game which could make all thre previous versions be throwed in the forget zone where goes "old game versions when a new better come" and not a game which make me want play more the "old versions" than teh new one.

Such philosophy, it's all that I ever needed, I didn't even knew already half of all of this. :p

Guys...stop fighting for one day pls, it's all good :) *hugs uncontrolable simmers* chillax really :)
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited June 2015

also we also have
    casual players
    and fanboy/girl or love

ea for being supergreedy and allow that things to happen and don't allow a proper communication when things are going wrong and for just want to suck all money get from the game instead of use it to invest in the game serie to improve it to they pockets or others "games".

I think I understand what you're saying (I think?).

Basically, we (as customers if we want quality products) should have higher expectations and not accept anything less, and to not reward a company with our hard-earned money if we feel that the product is not up to snuff. And, to also speak up and give our feedback and voice oir disatisfaction if we want change. If we give the company our money for lackluster product, then that would encourage the company to keep giving lackluster product (or with sims4, we end up paying more for less and paying for buggy products, etc).

Yeah, I totally get what you're saying. I play other AAA games, like Elder Scrolls, Dragon Age, Mass Effect, Super Smash Bros, Deus Ex/DE:R, etc, etc, and I (along with other gamers) have high expectations( though my expectations are a bit more casual than some really, really hardcore guys, I guess).

With Sims....well, the audience feels different from those hardcore gamers....and many simmers were happy with sims3, so it feels like an uphill battle to ask for less half-baked stuff when everyone (including me, once I got those mods) give in and buy the various store products, etc....

For me, I have to choose my battles, and with sims3 and sims4, I end up going with the flow, because the company will not listen to customers like me. *shrugs* All I can do is provide feedback and maybe not buy any more stuff for sims in the future. The question is, how many others simmers will it take to make the company improve and change their product?

Basically, I feel like there's no point in fighting about it, and we can't control what other people choose to do with their own money, and sims has no other competition, either, so.....meh.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    Arletta wrote: »
    @Cinebar - I hear you. I don't play any other game and I can imagine how it must feel to be even less happy with this than I was with the previous iteration. I played 3, but I'd hit that feeling of disappointment and walk away for months on end before I'd play again, and I can imagine how it must be to hit that feeling even more often and more deeply, as I see happening here. I know I'm fortunate to be one of the people who really enjoys the game this round. I've been really happy when I've seen you enjoying aspects of it for a while. And I can imagine it must be frustrating on your side to see people happy when you aren't sharing in that. I wasn't on Sims forums before now except sporadically -- I popped in when I had technical problems or wanted to see what people were saying about new content or to share an opinion that I didn't hang out for follow-up on (I had other web-forum homes, for other interests, during all those years, and not enough interest in the game to add a new "home") -- so I didn't have the experience you're having now. If I wasn't happy with the game now (I stayed up way too late last night with my new alien household!), I'd probably not be here: I have enough other places in life I have no choice but to push for things in, and I wouldn't choose to do that for a game on top of the rest.

So, I have a lot of empathy for people, you included, who aren't enjoying this game and want improvements. I have to admit, though, that my buttons get pushed by certain patterns of argument, especially those that discount or devalue the experience or opinion of people for whom Sims 4 is a good game, even a preferred one, telling us or implying that we're simply wrong. And I struggle to find a way of pushing back on that tactfully, but I feel compelled to push back. And I'm saddened every time someone quietly tells me that they might not or won't read or post here anymore because it's hard to find or keep the joy here when even that very joy, we get inevitably told, is making someone sad. There are other places where we can be joyful about our game without being told we're wrong to be happy or are making someone sad. Me, I like web forums. Something about the discussion format just works for me. I also am stubbornly determined to keep some joyful presence here as long as I feel that joy and can take the inevitable hit back.

Anyway, this is all very off topic, and I don't have more to say that's on topic except that I probably shouldn't have bothered reading this whole topic in the first place and that I wish the forum had a "hide this topic" option so I would have to resist only once.

Sadly, this. If there was some other forum to go to talk happily about the game, I would use it. A Google search yielded nothing useful. I looked last night. I think I need to stay signed out and remove the link from my bookmarks and stop looking for a while. This place is depressing me to no end.

In the meantime, if somebody knows somewhere, PM me. I'll go be satisfied with my game somewhere else.

You could always try Carl's.

http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/

They frown on any EA/Maxis?Sims bashing. You'll find positive threads there.

"People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    Alysha1988Alysha1988 Posts: 3,452 Member
    edited June 2015
    Riverview was free and it was wayyyy bigger than this newcrest and it came with all pre built lots. Them saying "oh look it's all open space for your to unleash your creativity" is just code for "we didn't have enough resources to get someone to build lots for this world." It's not like we wouldn't still be able to be creative and bulldoze lots we didn't like/want to add our own. Lazy lazy short cuts at every turn. Even the name sounds lazy. It is free and it is more space... space we should have had since launch. So I don't see any reason to applaud them for giving us one of the easiest possible add ons to a game that is still horrendously incomplete.

And it's not even like now we can say we have plenty of space to expand. Its just 15 lots, 15 tiny lots. In ts3 I usually liked to build on 40x40 lots. I considered 20x30 to be pretty little... Now in ts4 they seem obsessed with 20x30 and even threw in a bunch of 20x15. It's just not enough space for me. Also, I'm pretty sure even the tiniest world made for ts3 had more lots than Willow Creek, Oasis Springs, and Newcrest combined AND we are still limited to a max lot size of 50x50... which Newcrest doesn't even have ONE of. Much too little much too late.
    Post edited by Alysha1988 on
  • Options
    InvaderchickycatInvaderchickycat Posts: 809 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    CK213 wrote: »
    pezhead7 wrote: »
    In sims 3, you paid for "new/different" worlds.

Riverview was new, different, Bigger, and Free.

Yeah, but river view stunk

I liked Riverview.

I liked it too. I had it for the longest and never played.
    I sat down a played finally and found I really liked it.

Screenshot-101.jpg

Screenshot-100.jpg

The neighborhoods became even better once you went in placed lots where you wanted.
    We don't even have that creative freedom with TS4 yet.

Great pictures. Considering I now live out in the country for over twenty years now, is one of the reasons I really loved Riverview. And it had so many spots where I could build some great country homes and ranches and farms. Rolling hills and farmland is what I see out my windows with vast forests between two mountains in my area (lots of forests) so It became my favorite other than dreaming about a very urban world like Chicago or something where some of my relatives lived.

That is lovely farm country I hope this new family laptop will be able to show graphics that good. My old graphics card was never that good.

On topic it's nice their giving free lots to people who want it. At least it's free and not being charged for. Of course they could do better with adding lots to existing worlds as I've heard mention elsewhere it sounds like a better solution but they probably have other priorities that they consider more important. In the end I really have no feelings towards this myself but if people like it or detest it our neutral that's fine by me, no point in arguing or bashing simmers.

• Options
    NJSimmerNJSimmer Posts: 166 Member
    I'm happy that we're getting another neighborhood. I'm especially happy that it's free! Let's face it, EA has never been that big on giving away free product of any value, so to give away a whole new world is a big thing. For those that keep bringing up Riverview in TS3, remember, that was supposed to be released with TS3 but it wasn't quite finished by the release date. It showed up almost immediately after launch date. I don't consider that a freebee, you paid for it when you bought TS3. It just took a few extra days to get it.
    With the new neighborhood (I don't see it as a new world), I can sectionalize. I was bummed by the crummy "world" we got with GTW. I mean, common, 4 crummy buildings? Now I can devote a whole area to businesses within a neighborhood. I just wish they'd do away with the neighborhood loading screens. If they did that, it would probably feel more like an open world.
    I think the thing that bothers me most about neighborhoods in TS4 (aside form the constant loading) is why we're forced to use preset lot sizes and most being smaller than I'd like. There's so much wasted space on the maps anyway. I mean, tell me I have a map and I can put so many of this size and so many of that size and let me decide how I want to use the area. That makes more sense to me even if you're using a closed world, it's still doable. I suppose most of that goes back to the fact that TS4 was supposed to be an RPG and what you did with your Sim was more important than the area around them. Well, that never happened, so give us back our free space EA!
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited June 2015
    NJSimmer wrote: »
    I'm happy that we're getting another neighborhood. I'm especially happy that it's free! Let's face it, EA has never been that big on giving away free product of any value, so to give away a whole new world is a big thing. For those that keep bringing up Riverview in TS3, remember, that was supposed to be released with TS3 but it wasn't quite finished by the release date. It showed up almost immediately after launch date. I don't consider that a freebee, you paid for it when you bought TS3. It just took a few extra days to get it.
    With the new neighborhood (I don't see it as a new world), I can sectionalize. I was bummed by the crummy "world" we got with GTW. I mean, common, 4 crummy buildings? Now I can devote a whole area to businesses within a neighborhood. I just wish they'd do away with the neighborhood loading screens. If they did that, it would probably feel more like an open world.
    I think the thing that bothers me most about neighborhoods in TS4 (aside form the constant loading) is why we're forced to use preset lot sizes and most being smaller than I'd like. There's so much wasted space on the maps anyway. I mean, tell me I have a map and I can put so many of this size and so many of that size and let me decide how I want to use the area. That makes more sense to me even if you're using a closed world, it's still doable. I suppose most of that goes back to the fact that TS4 was supposed to be an RPG and what you did with your Sim was more important than the area around them. Well, that never happened, so give us back our free space EA!
    So Sims 3 came with two huge open worlds.
    What was your point again?

Still think it's great we finally get more lots to build on. It should have been better though if those open lots would have been more spread over the existing neighborhoods, including Magnolia Promenade. This is - however welcome - a palliative.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    Evil_OneEvil_One Posts: 4,423 Member
    My expectations for EA are on level with the ground. I'm not surprised.

Wow, that high?

My expectations for EA have gone far beyond the archaeological expedition level and are now journeying to the center of the Earth.

raw
  • Options
    WolfEyesWolfEyes Posts: 2,192 Member
    Evil_One wrote: »
    My expectations for EA are on level with the ground. I'm not surprised.

Wow, that high?

My expectations for EA have gone far beyond the archaeological expedition level and are now journeying to the center of the Earth.

When your expectations reach the inner molten core, they will melt and mingle with mine, hers, his, theirs....
    Sims 4 Simple Elegance

152511.gif

This is the truth.
    Mitakuye oyasin.
    To all my relations, keep dancing.
    Believe or you will not see.
  • Options
    TeresitaTeresita Posts: 630 Member
    Uhh yeah totes~

It's just a renamed neighborhood. Nothing too special and it's very insignificant.
  • Options
    aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    edited June 2015
    They just took Willow Creek and made it empty while claiming it's 'new'. So no this isn't impressive indeed.
    When will they let us edit our world/neighborhood? Never. It's obvious we will have to deal with the default lot sizes, never change them, and never change the positions unlike The Sims 2 and The Sims 3. We will also never edit the world/neighborhood by placing trees, rocks and other decorations. We will never visit other lots without loading screens too. The Sims 4 is too restrictive and this 'freebie' doesn't give EA or Maxis better reputation than they already have. Until they stop restricting our creative freedom and play choices we can never truly enjoy this 'game'. Plain and simple folks, EA knows what we want and so does Maxis but they will never give us The Sims and keep this offline mmorpg style product with tons of DRM and DLC instead.
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    aws200 wrote: »
    They just took Willow Creek and made it empty while claiming it's 'new'. So no this isn't impressive indeed.
    When will they let us edit our world/neighborhood? Never. It's obvious we will have to deal with the default lot sizes, never change them, and never change the positions unlike The Sims 2 and The Sims 3. We will also never edit the world/neighborhood by placing trees, rocks and other decorations. We will never visit other lots without loading screens too. The Sims 4 is too restrictive and this 'freebie' doesn't give EA or Maxis better reputation than they already have. Until they stop restricting our creative freedom and play choices we can never truly enjoy this 'game'.

In the start of TS3 you couldn't change lot's either.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    When will they let us edit our world/neighborhood? Never. It's obvious we will have to deal with the default lot sizes, never change them, and never change the positions unlike The Sims 2 and The Sims 3. We will also never edit the world/neighborhood by placing trees, rocks and other decorations. We will never visit other lots without loading screens too. The Sims 4 is too restrictive and this 'freebie' doesn't give EA or Maxis better reputation than they already have. Until they stop restricting our creative freedom and play choices we can never truly enjoy this 'game'.

Yes, but the world editor in the game came out when? The first EP patch? WA and we got the CAW and the world editor in the actual game? Or am I not remembering correctly? First EP and first GP (vacation spot like WA mini me) have long since past.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

Yes, but the world editor in the game came out when? The first EP patch? WA and we got the CAW and the world editor in the actual game? Or am I not remembering correctly? First EP and first GP (vacation spot like WA mini me) have long since past.

According to the Sim's wiki both CAW and world editor came out in December 2009.

"People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    CreoleSimCreoleSim Posts: 334 Member
    I hate the fact they copied and pasted the same ugly decor houses, even the exact same ones a few feet from each other. For some reason they look even faker. Minimal effort at it's best. I am so not inspired to build there.
    8zjsc9.png
    Origin@ Simday1
  • Options
    TerrylinTerrylin Posts: 4,846 Member
    All I see is more restrictions added to the game that we had very few restrictions in previous versions. Restricted lot number, lot size, where you can freely go, can't move lots, how you get anywhere (teleport/loading screen), and number of sims in the overall game.
    Just more restrictions and limitations hamper many play styles. More room would have been nice but the culling will bite them in the,,,,,, As long as there is a set number of sims, more room isn't going to do any good to a legacy player. A builder sure but those who have huge families not so much.

Just my honest opinion. Not worth a thing so move on! ;)
  • Options
    GaiaPumaGaiaPuma Posts: 2,278 Member
    I'm happy with it. We should have received more lots with the base game & GTW, so I feel like this new world is a much needed expansion of Willow Creek & Magnolia Bend.
    I agree, but I still want Create a World! Nothing will surprise me but CAW XD