Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CURRENT DD (DAILY DEAL) ROTATION & SALES HELP: STARTED SEPTEMBER 22ND

Comments

• Options
    DevalaousDevalaous Posts: 1,286 Member
    I had fun putting the decrepit mansion in Midnight Hollow, just had to go around the yard replacing all the vegetation with haunted stuff. Too bad you cant recolour EVERYTHING.
    Rebuilding Sims 2 inside Sims 3 one lot and sim at a time.

See my Sims 3 studio for latest progress.
  • Options
    NonsequitorianNonsequitorian Posts: 264 Member
    This question is for those of you who use the Now and Then Century Manor. Do you ever place the "Now" manor, or do you always use "Then"?

"Now" being decayed and "Then" being new?

I wanted to use the decayed manor as a fixer-upper project, restore it to its former glory. However, there are objects I can't move and holes in the roof and so on that were too fiddly. I think I would be better off to use the good condition manor and make it look messed up (aged) without some of the MOO cheats that they must have used on it.

One thing that I did was to use the sliding bookcases in two spots to make secret passages. One spot is in the dining room, where there's a closet with a ladder. The other is in the bedroom next to the second floor of the library. I put the bookcase facing the bedroom side. (I haven't played that one for awhile, so I'm vague on the details.)

I never thought of making secret passages. Do the sliding bookcases stop the repo man or the robber? That would be very useful!
    Remember: Wherever you go...there you are.

One day, my wishlist turned into Own the Store, and there was no more wishlist. How remarkable.
  • Options
    notthecar wrote: »
    This question is for those of you who use the Now and Then Century Manor. Do you ever place the "Now" manor, or do you always use "Then"?

I actually created a challenge for the Now i should write it up exclusively and put it in the challenge thread but I've been playing it to see how feasible it is.

The Rehab Challenge is to place the Now on a lot of appropriate size int he world of your choice ( I have mine in hidden springs) place a solo living sim it can be one with skills it just has to be a solo sim with no higher that 6 on any skill. place them in the house with the free real estate button and then give them a starting amount of $50,000 which you must use to purchase real estate for income property until you can't. Then you need to use only that and any money earned from a passive profession to rehab the house to Then. My sim is a painter so she paints for extra income. So far I've updated about 60% of the house. I keep making tweaks to what the challenge rules should be so its harder to finish.

I'd love to play that challenge! If you want to send me the rule set you have so far, I'll be happy to beta test it for you.

One day, my wishlist turned into Own the Store, and there was no more wishlist. How remarkable.
  • Options
    Devalaous wrote: »
    I had fun putting the decrepit mansion in Midnight Hollow, just had to go around the yard replacing all the vegetation with haunted stuff. Too bad you cant recolour EVERYTHING.

I was thinking Midnight Hollow myself. It seemed like the right town for it. What haunted stuff do you mean?

• Options
    Me1620Me1620 Posts: 5,000 Member
    @CaySedaiSim - Congratulations on achieving membership in the I Own the Store Club
    bekkasan wrote: »
    @devalaous its a girl thing...just enjoy that she loves ya!!!

PS: happy birthday!!!!
    @Devalaous - ^ This LOL *hits agree button*
    a.k.a. - Jodi and a link to My Page on the Sims 3 website

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
  • Options
    Me1620Me1620 Posts: 5,000 Member
    Here is a listing of the Current Deal and some of the upcoming deals. There are a lot of red deals in this group.

Current Deal
    70 ) Hewnsman Dining Room Set / 206 / 413 / 50% / 2 hours
    Part of: Full Hewnsman Set
    This is the only time the item is offered on the DD

Upcoming Deals
    71 ) Moelleux Sofa with Carved Apron / 59 / 81 / 27% / 2 hours
    Part of: Provence, World Inspiration Compilation
    This is the only time the item is offered on the DD

72 ) Glitter and Glam + Diva and Divo / 480 / 798 / 40% / 2 hours
    Not part of any set or compilation
    Includes: Diva and Divo, Glitter and Glam Bedroom
    Repeat Deal: This is the least expensive price for this item Less than # 8 & # 647

73 ) Once Upon a Time Cottage- Woodsman's Chair / 43 / 69 / 38% / 2 hours
    Part of: Happily Ever After, Once Upon a Time Cottage, Make a Wish Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item More than # 178

74 ) Sweet Escape Nursery / 384 / 583 / 34% / 2 hours
    Part of: April 2011 Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item More than # 320 & # 389

This is a one-hour deal
    75 ) It’s Game Time! / 242 / 545 / 56% / 1 hour
    Part of: Man Cave Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item More than # 461 & # 328

76 ) Everyday – Cool Summer Nights / 714 / 1386 / 48% / 2 hours
    Part of: July 2011 Compilation Set
    Repeat Deal: This is one of the two deals with the most expensive price for this item More than # 778 and same as # 847

77 ) The Coffee Bean Hipster Loft / 1062 / 1800 / 41% / 2 hours
    Part of: Not part of any other set or compilation but 4 items are inlcuded in Eloquently Eclectic Collection
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item More than # 352 & # 182

78 ) Bohemian Garden / 646 / 1700 / 62% / 2 hours
    Not part of any set or compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is the least expensive price for this item Less than # 831 & # 177
    a.k.a. - Jodi and a link to My Page on the Sims 3 website

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
  • Options

I was thinking Midnight Hollow myself. It seemed like the right town for it. What haunted stuff do you mean?

Midnight Hollow comes with black and grey versions of existing plants in order to fit the town's colour scheme, its pretty much impossible to use normal plants, as the green really stands out in a bad way. You pretty much to have to redecorate the grounds with messy colour appropriate alternatives, as well as remove and redo the terrain paints so theres no green left

• Options
    That moment when you view your page on TS3's main site and notice people have demolished your entire wishlist (minus the big russian set) over time. You guys are awesome.

Guess I have to add more to it ._.

• Options
    stephenhamburgstephenhamburg Posts: 315 Member
    All I did was go to bed, with the amount of catching up I had to do, you'd think I'd slept the whole week.

Happy birthday @Devalaous and congratulations @CaySedaiSim on owning the store :smile:

@Nonsequitorian I use the "then" manor. Although so far I've never actually had a sim living there, I placed it in the centre of Hidden Springs simply because it looked so nice there.

Thank you @gnlovew for the kilt, my local one is the northumbrian border or shepherd kilt :smiley:
    Happy simming to all simmers.

wishlist free since 10th June 2015
  • Options
    trithonetrithone Posts: 1,406 Member
    Hello Awesome DD folks,

I see Jodi has already posted the deals for several hours. (She does a much more thorough job at that than I do, so yay!) Thought I'd just say a quick "hello" to everyone, "happy birthday" to @Devalaous and "congrats on owning the store" to @CaySedaiSim.

Speaking of birthdays, I haven't seen @frozenorangejuic around for a while and realized we haven't had updates to the DD Stalkers Birthday Calendar. I can also update the calendar, so if you would like your online name and birthday to be added to the calendar you can post here, message me, or email ddbirthdays@gmail.com (I am fairly certain the email still works).
    a.k.a. Samantha (though Sam is just fine, too. Also, Simmantha, according to my husband.)

Thanks to a lot of amazing sim friends I have owned the store for a while now. If you'd like to help out a really good friend of mine who just started playing the game, here is his wishlist. Thanks!

• Options
    TeegersTeegers Posts: 816 Member
    @Devalaous, Happy birthday! LOL It's definitely a girl thing, my husband still has a letter I wrote to him when we were dating with little hearts drawn all around the outside of the envelope. :)

@CaySedaiSim Congratulation on owning the store!!!

@wittanthony1 ((((hugs)))) I was wondering where you were a couple days ago. Thanks for stopping in. We're here if you ever need an ear.
    Hi, I'm Te-ge (pronounced TG)
    Origin ID: Teegers1
    Steam: Teegers
  • Options
    J8K9J8K9 Posts: 2,338 Member
    @CaySedaiSim Congrats on owning the store! :)
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    @CaySedaiSim Congrats on owning the store and welcome to the club. :)

My favorite MN Hollow 'haunted item' is the dark red pansies. I use those in my gardens all the time. I think they are pretty.
  • Options
    arqmodernoarqmoderno Posts: 174 Member
    Wow, I went to the country for the weekend and so many things happening around!

Hey, @wittanthony1 , talk to us! please, keep stopping by !! :smile:

I want to thank here in public to @Taw3001 who is much more generous he needed to !!! :) thank you very much for all the gifts!!!

Thank you @gnlovew for the lovely blouse and long sweater!!

Yes, @muminek85 , now I only miss the single items to have it all !! :smiley: Thank you for the gifts !!
    So, your 6 year with Sims 3!!! That's great !!! I think I play Sims for more then 10 years (since Sims 1), but I don't remember when I found Sims official sites...

One question: Does anyone knows when is the lower price for the Ubber-Toilet...? I forgot all about this one... :D I never wanted to have it, but now I'm almost finishing the items... well, you know... the addition thing... Thanks

Well @trithone , you can ad my birthday! it's just around the corner an I still love having birthdays !! It's on this month, June, 13, and I was born in 1964... :smiley: Here, 13 June is St. Antonio's Day... I'm not religious but I love the popular partys around the theme ! Everybody goes out in the streets throught the night, dancing, eating sardines and drinking wine; Specialy in the capital, Lisbon, where the streets in the most popular neighbourhoods are all colourfull and iluminated and everybody is out !! :)

See you guys, happy simming !!!
  • Options
    arqmoderno wrote: »
    Wow, I went to the country for the weekend and so many things happening around!

Hey, @wittanthony1 , talk to us! please, keep stopping by !! :smile:

I want to thank here in public to @Taw3001 who is much more generous he needed to !!! :) thank you very much for all the gifts!!!

Thank you @gnlovew for the lovely blouse and long sweater!!

Yes, @muminek85 , now I only miss the single items to have it all !! :smiley: Thank you for the gifts !!
    So, your 6 year with Sims 3!!! That's great !!! I think I play Sims for more then 10 years (since Sims 1), but I don't remember when I found Sims official sites...

One question: Does anyone knows when is the lower price for the Ubber-Toilet...? I forgot all about this one... :D I never wanted to have it, but now I'm almost finishing the items... well, you know... the addition thing... Thanks

Well @trithone , you can ad my birthday! it's just around the corner an I still love having birthdays !! It's on this month, June, 13, and I was born in 1964... :smiley: Here, 13 June is St. Antonio's Day... I'm not religious but I love the popular partys around the theme ! Everybody goes out in the streets throught the night, dancing, eating sardines and drinking wine; Specialy in the capital, Lisbon, where the streets in the most popular neighbourhoods are all colourfull and iluminated and everybody is out !! :)

See you guys, happy simming !!!

That St. Antonio's celebration sounds fun! Is there a story behind eating sardines? Are they fresh sardines? All I've ever seen are canned sardines packed in salt and oil. One, or maybe two at most, are ok to eat, but I wouldn't want to make a feast of them...

• Options

Midnight Hollow comes with black and grey versions of existing plants in order to fit the town's colour scheme, its pretty much impossible to use normal plants, as the green really stands out in a bad way. You pretty much to have to redecorate the grounds with messy colour appropriate alternatives, as well as remove and redo the terrain paints so theres no green left

I see what you mean. I've also just discovered that there isn't a computer to be found in any public building in Midnight Hollow. A haunted town might not need computers, but I couldn't figure out how to get my sims registered as self-employed without one lol!

• Options
    muminek85muminek85 Posts: 175 Member
    The cheapest Uber Sani-Sim Toilet is coming up on July 5th. Only 112 points. :D
    :no_mouth:
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    For those cracking up at the "<333" thing I mentioned, and well, fans of silly romance stuff in general, I think I'm just as bad as her at times. Tonight I spent 20 odd minutes convincing her to go to her forum profile (or mine) and write a "ghost post" (on that forum software, making a post without text but using bold/italic/strikethrough tags makes a post with no text) without telling her why, and shes arguing about how silly it is and wanting to know what im up to, saying shes not gonna do it. She gives in and I Like the empty post, and shes just "what, its an empty post. Did you go through all this trouble to like an empty post ._."

I'm deathly silent and risking great backlash for a minute or two, then send her a file on dropbox. She spends about five minutes trying to word a response. What was the file? A screenshot of her profile with that post, with her username, and "Deva Likes This" where the post should have been, and a stupid MS paint big red heart. Aka a ridiculously cheesy "I love you" prank. She could barely find words to portray the mix of embarrasment and happiness, calling me both the worlds greatest id.iot and most adorable person ever. I think this relationship is off to a good start xD

(Sorry the wall of text, but hey, I go offline for months at a time, your lucky to get this much text!)
    I see what you mean. I've also just discovered that there isn't a computer to be found in any public building in Midnight Hollow. A haunted town might not need computers, but I couldn't figure out how to get my sims registered as self-employed without one lol!

You can sign up for self-employment at the city hall, no computers needed. I add computers to places anyway, unless its a technophobe that doesn't plan on learning Writing's house

• Options
    Hi, @Nonsequitorian ! Yes, sardines are fresh, very common and very good in our seas (we are the country with the biggest exclusive maritime zone), one of the most delicious fish we have, grilled on charcoal !! The reason to eat them in popular feasts, maybe because they were cheap in older times and everybody could afford them and they are really good!!!

We have a couple of "sayings" that means something like that "women and sardines, are wanted the little ones" ("as mulheres e as sardinhas, querem-se das mais pequeninas") or "the woman is wanted to be little, like the sardine" (a mulher quere-se pequenina, como a sardinha")... :smiley: I guess in older times our women used to be more little than today. Well, I'm still little... :smiley::smiley:

Sorry if I went out of Sims topic ...
  • Options
    muminek85 wrote: »
    The cheapest Uber Sani-Sim Toilet is coming up on July 5th. Only 112 points. :D

Hey, thank you for the information, @muminek85 ! I knew someone would know this already!! :)
  • Options
    trithonetrithone Posts: 1,406 Member
    arqmoderno wrote: »

Well @trithone , you can ad my birthday!

Done! I hope you have a great birthday!

a.k.a. Samantha (though Sam is just fine, too. Also, Simmantha, according to my husband.)

Thanks to a lot of amazing sim friends I have owned the store for a while now. If you'd like to help out a really good friend of mine who just started playing the game, here is his wishlist. Thanks!

• Options
    IrisGoddessIrisGoddess Posts: 122 Member
    Arg! Today was another rough day. I love coming here and reading this thread though. It makes me smile.

@wittanthony1, depression sucks. My doctor's appointment today certainly isn't helping mine. Big hugs.

@Devalaous, happy birthday!!

@CaySedaiSim, congrats on owning the store!
    My Wish List store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=IrisGoddess
    Currently working on Muse Luxury and Tutor of Tudors.
  • Options
    KittyKat8103KittyKat8103 Posts: 873 Member
    You're very welcome @Nonsequitorian :smiley:

Congratulations on owning the store @CaySedaiSim! :smiley:

Happy Birthday @Devalaous :smiley:
    You may call me Danielle or KittyKat, whichever you prefer, I like them both :P
    My Page - My Studio - My Sims 3 FB Page
    2zxozcx.png
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    For those cracking up at the "<333" thing I mentioned, and well, fans of silly romance stuff in general, I think I'm just as bad as her at times. Tonight I spent 20 odd minutes convincing her to go to her forum profile (or mine) and write a "ghost post" (on that forum software, making a post without text but using bold/italic/strikethrough tags makes a post with no text) without telling her why, and shes arguing about how silly it is and wanting to know what im up to, saying shes not gonna do it. She gives in and I Like the empty post, and shes just "what, its an empty post. Did you go through all this trouble to like an empty post ._."

I'm deathly silent and risking great backlash for a minute or two, then send her a file on dropbox. She spends about five minutes trying to word a response. What was the file? A screenshot of her profile with that post, with her username, and "Deva Likes This" where the post should have been, and a stupid MS paint big red heart. Aka a ridiculously cheesy "I love you" prank. She could barely find words to portray the mix of embarrasment and happiness, calling me both the worlds greatest id.iot and most adorable person ever. I think this relationship is off to a good start xD

(Sorry the wall of text, but hey, I go offline for months at a time, your lucky to get this much text!)

You can sign up for self-employment at the city hall, no computers needed. I add computers to places anyway, unless its a technophobe that doesn't plan on learning Writing's house

Awww....that is so sweet. I do believe you have the hidden romantic trait! :)
  • Options
    TeegersTeegers Posts: 816 Member
    You can add mine, @trithone, it's Groundhog's Day (Feb 2). I won't say the year, but I'll quote Simon and Garfunkel instead (from one of my favorite songs), "I'm older than I once was, and younger than I'll be, that's not unusual." LOL I love that line. :)
    Hi, I'm Te-ge (pronounced TG)
    Origin ID: Teegers1
    Steam: Teegers
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top