Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims disappearing from relationship panel/tab.

Comments

• Options
    samzyzsamzyz Posts: 1 New Member
    I've been having the same problem for months. When i look into the households mine are the only ones which are available and there are two of them.
    It's really annoying as it makes the game really hard to play.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    samzyz wrote: »
    I've been having the same problem for months. When i look into the households mine are the only ones which are available and there are two of them.
    It's really annoying as it makes the game really hard to play.

It sounds like you're looking only at the default Played Households tab. Click over to Unplayed to see the rest.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    It's been happening to my game as well for quite a while now and it's so 🐸🐸🐸🐸 annoying, I want to start the 100 Babies Challenge and I can't do it when all the Sims (townies mostly) disappear from the Relationship Panel. I hope they'll fix it soon... :(
  • Options
    AngrybirdAngrybird Posts: 9 New Member
    I guess the problem has been fixed with the last update. Now my sims' new friends have stayed on the friend panel and friends visit my sims' house (which hasn't happened for a long time). Now the game is playable again! :)
  • Options
    zorba2357zorba2357 Posts: 6,103 Member
    edited March 2015
    In sims 1 and sims 2 Any Sim your sim ever met and greeted was in the relationship panel for good, period.

It didn't matter if their existing relationship was zero or if they ever met or spoke again. Sigh, the good old days! Sometimes simple IS just better!!!

I hated how in sims 3 now they disappear from the relationship panel IF a relationship isn't persued or sustained. In sims 4 I don't even know what's going on but it doesn't sound good.

I LIKED being able to SEE every sim in town every sim my sim ever met and just KNOWING I Could call them up IF I wanted to sometime in the future.

I do however, understand maybe it's too many sim or memory files for the game to sustain. At least then have a better system or let US choose who to remove. I see MsPhy said remove them from "manage town" or "manage family" so maybe that's doable.

Edit: Unfortunately just Another reminder of something I Really don't like about this game! Relationships and the relationship panel are IMPORTANT. To me it's more important than a whole slew of other game aspects they spend time on.
  • Options
    ZuckertraeumeZuckertraeume Posts: 3 New Member
    sometimes I really hate this game.
    I edtited almost all of the sims living in my city and now they're all deleted....
    I didn't save them in the library or something like that, so there's no way to get them back, isn't it?
    I noticed the missing relationsships, opened the household manager and now there are just a few new sims and the ones who lived in a house.
  • Options
    kittiesrock7kittiesrock7 Posts: 3 New Member
    This was the first time it happened to me like an hour ago but I noticed that my sims boyfriend disappeared so I thought maybe it was just a temporary glitch but after checking manage worlds I realized that most of the "not in world" families no longer existed. >:(
  • Options
    hof1971hof1971 Posts: 27 Member
    edited May 2015
    Getting frustrated, just had my girls fiancee disapear. They were soulmates with high in both friendship and relationship. Took her fishing one day and the next morning when she went to call him he was gone from both the phone and friends panel, in fact everyone she was friends with except those living in the home with her were gone. I'm almost ready to go back to Sims 3.
  • Options
    hof1971hof1971 Posts: 27 Member
    Now my genealogy has about half disappeared. The girls dad disappeared completely, and grandparents show as a blank head.
  • Options
    CreamycheeseCreamycheese Posts: 8 New Member
    I'm just going to add to the list of complaints in hopes that they'll do something to fix this. I have yet to have the misfortune of a close relationship disappearing, but I still don't like how sims will disappear from your relationship panel if you don't talk to them. I'm not sure if this is a glitch or a feature of the game, but if it's a feature then I would rather have a long list of relationships than have relationships disappear.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    hof1971 wrote: »
    Now my genealogy has about half disappeared. The girls dad disappeared completely, and grandparents show as a blank head.

Use the No More Culling mod. If you don't care about genealogy as much, you can skip that mod and just move your Sims' friends etc. into houses. The culling only touches unhoused Sims. Worth noting that a possible side effect of the mod is increased lot loading times compared the game's current ones.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    opod67opod67 Posts: 126 Member
    Same things happen to me. After the last two updates, my family tree restarts, so I have no idea what generation I am on. Also, just had one of my child sims go to the park to meet new people and socialized with a few kids and then when she came back home, they were gone from her panel. She has the social child aspiration, so I don't think I will be able to complete hers.
    0Z2Hbc8.jpg
  • Options
    SempophaiSempophai Posts: 18 Member
    About a dozen friends, about as many aquaintences and a girlfriend with maxed friendship/romance, soulmate status, recently vanished, just poof, they're all gone.
  • Options
    egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    hof1971 wrote: »

Use the No More Culling mod. If you don't care about genealogy as much, you can skip that mod and just move your Sims' friends etc. into houses. The culling only touches unhoused Sims. Worth noting that a possible side effect of the mod is increased lot loading times compared the game's current ones.

Are you SURE it's only unhoused sims that get culled, @luthienrising ? (Kinda thinking here about that "only townies will be assigned jobs" myth, eh?)

I could swear somewhere (random thread from a while back) I saw someone talking about culling taking their Goths, but you know my memory, and I doubt I could find that thread now. It could have been ghosts, but really, that's just as bad if not worse.

To you folks seeing culling, I'm curious about your games. Do you change your save file names often, never, or somewhere in between? How many generations are you on, when did culling start... I'd love more details from people who stay with the same 'hood over long periods.

I don't know if rolling back your current save would do you any good... but if you saved yesterday and also ran a "today" save, your yesterday game may still have todays missing sims in it. I'm an obsessive packrat, I have TONS of save files... in other folders out of the game's reach.

As in, back up a little in gameplay if you can, install the No Culling and MC Command Center mods... links to both are in my sig, they're crucial if you don't want the game eating your sims!!!!!!!!!!! Then fire it up, and see who stays and who doesn't, compared to what you see now.

I'm not explaining well. But I'm the (self-proclaimed) queen of restarts... always have been, thru Sims2 and 3 also. I haven't actually seen this game cull anything. I decided early on that wasn't going to be happening here, and between restarting (usually after a patch) so many times and becoming a townie micromanager, the only ones "lost" were losers I tossed out of my town.

I RULE who lives in my town. Take that, game! (LOL)

Do we all know about the 180-sim limit EVER per game? Including every sim ever added who died ingame.

That's a ridiculously low number, and IMO (I refuse to say IMHO because I am NOT humble about this issue, it's a total crock!!!!!!), they need to up it to about a thousand or so and let our computers tell us when enough is too much.

It took the townie generator in a brand new (recent) test game just 4 days to push my starting population from 30 to 180. I've had the No Culling mod in since the last fix was added, and at the 180 point I decided to go for real teeth and also started using MC Command Center.

You Sims2 players know Pescado? Sims3, Twallan? Deaderpool is that guy for Sims4.

His mod will let you set your total number of homeless households. The generator keeps pumping them out, but the mod keeps you from seeing the extras in your game. Or maybe it eats them, whatever. Who cares, right?

MC Command Center is the answer for keeping the sims you want in your game. And it does tons of other cool stuff, very configurable... well worth at least a look from ANY Sims4 player, whether you mod or not. This could be the one that gets you into it. It's amazing!

• Options
    @egwarhammer - Of the living, only unhoused Sims. Of the dead, anyone is fair game since the March 26 patch.
  • Options
    JordojordJordojord Posts: 578 Member
    I've noticed as well that sims disappear from the family tree
    My Top Picks for an EP:
    University
    Seasons
    Bonvoyage style (Loved those hotels)
  • Options
    CassandraSeerOfDoomCassandraSeerOfDoom Posts: 1 New Member
    I'm also adding my comment in hopes EA will finally do something about this. I just started experiencing this issue and it's awful!! Doing some research, I see this has been going on consistently for at least 6 months, and i can't believe it hasn't been fixed by now. I thought maybe the relationships were disappearing because they hadn't seen each other in a while, but then recent friends and romantic interests started disappearing, people started disappearing from family trees, and my sim's kids who lived in another household disappeared! They're gone from his family tree, too! My sim with a romantic aspiration can't get anywhere. This makes the game almost unplayable.
  • Options
    JudilandJudiland Posts: 2,332 Member
    edited May 2015
    Jordojord wrote: »
    I've noticed as well that sims disappear from the family tree

Same here, I hate this culling of the Generation panel. All my panels show maybe one dead parent and silhouettes. Most of them only one generation, by my estimate there should be 6 generations.

edited because I quoted the wrong post :s
  • Options
    AngryEllaAngryElla Posts: 1 New Member
    edited June 2015
    My teen sim had two great relationships, a boyfriend and a best friend/partner in crime. She had just got back from going to the park with her best friend (who she had known since childhood) and when I went to text him, he and the boyfriend (along with other contacts that I am not worried about) all disappeared! I checked the mothers friends-list, she had called her best friend only that morning, and suddenly she was gone too! The dad doesn't know any of his coworkers anymore either!
    Now I have to build up friendships all over again, which is a shame because I had gone into a lot of detail.. The staircase was lined with pictures of friends, and now I will have to redo it all!- wait, I cant because the camera on the phone or separately purchased cameras don't work. Sims four is terrible man
    Post edited by AngryElla on
  • Options
    ArkaneArkane Posts: 20,224 Member
    This just happened to me. I made 5 good friends at work (Detective career) and suddenly they were replaced by other Sims in the same potions and the ones I knew were gone. Not in the relationship panel or anything just gone. Very frustrating as I really liked one of the Forensic techs there. :/ Hope this gets fixed.
    Potential Is Everything

Origin ID: BadArkane

XYeo1vn.png
  • Options
    pAnDabEar321pAnDabEar321 Posts: 151 Member
    My Sim made five new alien friends while he was on Sixam, and the next day when I returned, they all disappeared from the relationship panel. I read an article saying that the game purges any homeless people during a certain time period (like 12 AM to 3 AM). I guess making the aliens leave Sixam to come to one of the pre-existing worlds automatically makes them homeless. Maybe that could be the issue. Anyway, I hope EA comes up with a solution soon.
    12N7HsEBduWvsc.gif
  • Options
    Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    Glad I found this thread. I thought I was losing it for a second. I just did a repair game to see if it might help. But I'm guessing its a bug thats been happening since the beginning. Right now I'm working on a legacy family and the third born is/was engaged to his co-worker. They were going to get married a few days later but when it was the day of the wedding, all of the relationships that were not family related were gone from each member of the household. All except the dad for some reason. So now my sims are stuck in this loop where come around 3-5 AM all of their relationships disappear. Guess I'll have to wait till the patch tomorrow.
    1FKDfKj.png
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,600 Member
    Simfan923 wrote: »
    Glad I found this thread. I thought I was losing it for a second. I just did a repair game to see if it might help. But I'm guessing its a bug thats been happening since the beginning. Right now I'm working on a legacy family and the third born is/was engaged to his co-worker. They were going to get married a few days later but when it was the day of the wedding, all of the relationships that were not family related were gone from each member of the household. All except the dad for some reason. So now my sims are stuck in this loop where come around 3-5 AM all of their relationships disappear. Guess I'll have to wait till the patch tomorrow.

Hello @Simfan923.
    It is due to the game limiting the amount of sims in the game and it culls them. To prevent this happening, you can install the NoMore culling mod
    http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=545615
    You can try rolling back to an earlier version of your game file before the sims were culled.
    These are links to how to roll back your save to an earlier version.
    https://enkeli63.wordpress.com/2014/09/30/sims-4-saved-game-back-up-recovery/
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/783120/how-to-roll-back-your-save/p1
    Install the mod first, then roll back the save.

• Options
    Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    rosemow wrote: »

Hello @Simfan923.
    It is due to the game limiting the amount of sims in the game and it culls them. To prevent this happening, you can install the NoMore culling mod
    You can try rolling back to an earlier version of your game file before the sims were culled.

Thanks rose I have the mod installed already which is why I'm confused about the culling in my game.
    1FKDfKj.png
  • Options
    cherparcherpar Posts: 2,092 Member
    edited July 2015
    rosemow wrote: »

Hello @Simfan923.

Thanks rose I have the mod installed already which is why I'm confused about the culling in my game.

Do you have script mods enabled. I have seen examples of that being the problem because an update ( including just not the game, but origin or graphics cards ) causing the settings to reset.