Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims disappearing from relationship panel/tab.

ยซ13456
It seems that Sims are disappearing from my Sim's relationship panel/tab if he doesn't talk to them for a day or so. I've noticed this to be true of any Sim that does not live in the same household, regardless of the relationship level or status. His girlfriend (the relationship bars were pretty high), just disappeared a few minutes ago. This is making it very hard to fulfill friend centered jobs and aspirations. Is anyone else having this problem?

Comments

• Options
    willowweed1999willowweed1999 Posts: 13 New Member
    I am also having this issue. I played up to three generations and with no issues. Then, on that generation, with the main sim, even his girlfriend disappeared. It was making it impossible to move up in careers and get married, etc. I started a new game. No issues. Now, on generation 3, the child's friends are disappearing. It's very frustrating, I enjoy playing generationally, and this is making it quite difficult.
  • Options
    Phlox711Phlox711 Posts: 26 Member
    It is very frustrating. If my Sim meets 10 people in a day, they will not be in the relationship panel the next. This does not seem to be true of people that live in the Sim's neighborhood though. They seem to stay in the relationship panel. It seems to be only with Sims that do not live in houses in the game. At least that's how it seems to be working. It's confusing and a bit maddening.
  • Options
    willowweed1999willowweed1999 Posts: 13 New Member
    I just had my teen sim make a friend and as soon as she left the house, she no longer existed. What is going on?? So irritating!!
  • Options
    lupusrex180lupusrex180 Posts: 644 Member
    So far they only disappear when the relationship bar reaches zero (which is still annoying, because they've still met that person before). I'll keep an eye out for this.
  • Options
    loobylou1985loobylou1985 Posts: 2,125 Member
    Hi, i know that if the sim is travelling somewhere they just do not show on the relationship panel.
    i was panicking as my Sims fiance disappeared but then i heard a knock on the door and it was him.
    Maybe they are all out or at work or something?
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    It seems that Sims are disappearing from my Sim's relationship panel/tab if he doesn't talk to them for a day or so. I've noticed this to be true of any Sim that does not live in the same household, regardless of the relationship level or status. His girlfriend (the relationship bars were pretty high), just disappeared a few minutes ago. This is making it very hard to fulfill friend centered jobs and aspirations. Is anyone else having this problem?

I noticed that myself -- I figured it meant that the Sim was unavailable (sleeping or something).

Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    For me, the relationship never comes back. I've lost multiple boyfriends/girlfriends and best friends from this. It makes it very hard to advance in the game with no relationships.
  • Options
    I've been watching the relationship tab for a while now and it seems that everyone disappears about 2:30 am every morning (sims time). This does not include sims that live in the neighborhood. I just lost another boyfriend this way.
  • Options
    BroghanBroghan Posts: 10 New Member
    im having this issue as well. Its annoying because i need 7 friends and i get it there then the next day before work my sim only has 3 or 4.... this is almost making it unplayable because its frustrating me so much.
  • Options
    LimaLuvLimaLuv Posts: 196 Member
    Do you mean that when you try to chat with them via cell phone you don't see them listed there anymore? That's what has been happening to me. I thought it was so strange that the a sim that I had a high relationship with, but didn't speak to for a day disappeared from that panel. I learned the way to get them back was to go to the Relationship panel in the bottom right hand corner. From there you see everyone that you have ever come into contact with and I clicked on their picture and chose "chat." Once I did that, their picture was right back in the chat with/text with panel again. Its a lot to have to go throug all that, but at least it's a fix for now.
  • Options
    Rebeccasue22Rebeccasue22 Posts: 94 Member
    I noticed this too!!! My teen sims boyfriend who exchanged promise rings ect lost all status... I had to start from scratch :(
  • Options
    > @LimaLuv said:
    > Do you mean that when you try to chat with them via cell phone you don't see them listed there anymore? That's what has been happening to me. I thought it was so strange that the a sim that I had a high relationship with, but didn't speak to for a day disappeared from that panel. I learned the way to get them back was to go to the Relationship panel in the bottom right hand corner. From there you see everyone that you have ever come into contact with and I clicked on their picture and chose "chat." Once I did that, their picture was right back in the chat with/text with panel again. Its a lot to have to go throug all that, but at least it's a fix for now.

That is where they disappear from, the relationship panel in the bottom right corner.
  • Options
    trippinoutmysoultrippinoutmysoul Posts: 15 Member
    I thought that was just the way the game worked, because I had the same problem from the very beginning- Sims disappearing from the relationship panel, and not appearing in the phone's Chat With feature. I've also had Sims that I made, placed in a house and played with, disappear after I went on to play a different household. One of my Sims has lost two wives and a total of 7 kids, poor guy. *Poof*, perpetual bachelor.
  • Options
    brigittecayerbrigittecayer Posts: 42 Member
    I had this problem with Bella Goth disappearing. We were friends but then she started disappearing. But she came back so I'm thinking it might be when she's unavailable or a bug?
  • Options
    Nicole_ANicole_A Posts: 3 New Member
    I'm having actual households disappear. Iv been playing the same one for a while then I notice someone is missing from the relationships i went to check the household in the map screen the houses were still there and the green icon but when I scroll over it no sims show. It won't let me play the household if I try to click play it zooms In I can't click anywhere on the map so I change worlds and then Both won't let me click on anywhere. When I go to try to move the household to a different lot just to see it says I cannot move a household with no adults. One household did the same thing earlier today just disappears like that but then I loaded a save I thankfully had before it disappeared. I don't even want to play because I'm afraid it will just keep deleting everyone. :(
  • Options
    ChelseaHolliwellChelseaHolliwell Posts: 51 Member
    Same problem here. Whole families disappearing. One guy lost his wife and kids too...๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ EA?
  • Options
    DJNSDJNS Posts: 74 Member
    I almost never post on the forum, but I had to say something about this. I am also having this same problem and, frankly, it's not just annoying, it's game ruining. Not only did I lose my sim Dathan and his entire family except for his little sister (who now lives alone in their big family house), but I also lost the son he just had with his wife. It's like he and Delaney don't even exist anymore. Sims are just disappearing from the relationship panel and the town altogether. I'm scared to play because I don't know who will go missing next. This bug needs a fix pronto!
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,629 Member
    Someone in the Technical forum said that they had their household move to a new house and a missing Sim reappeared. I'm wondering if that's happened for anyone else? (I've had no disappearing Sims.)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER โ€” Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    enkeli63enkeli63 Posts: 6,637 Member
    Whoa! It reminds me of one of my favourite episodes of Star Trek TNG when Beverly Crusher got stuck in a warp bubble :D

Anyways, do you all have the option checked "Fill Empty Houses"? I wonder because I turned that off and haven't lost any sims yet. *knocks on wood & stays out of engineering*
    OriginID Starwing6
    my Sims 4 story blog: http://www.starwingsims.com/

Join SimsWriters.com to promote or enjoy fan-generated content (stories, videos, music, etc) celebrating The Sims.
  • Options
    MightySparksMightySparks Posts: 80 Member
    I just made a thread about this as well. I haven't had any issues with my played Sims, but it's getting frustrating trying to build up relationships for them.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,629 Member
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER โ€” Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    OnlyLiekeOnlyLieke Posts: 1 New Member
    Same problem here !
    My whole family line is gone, and their boyfriends still exists, but they have different lovers now...
    Started all over again, and the same thing happens, again !!!
  • Options
    PrincessFrekPrincessFrek Posts: 14 New Member
    I just made a thread about this, too. I rotate between 3 houses (all family, currently on 3rd generation) and in one of the houses the husband and 2 children were gone when I went to play them again and another house was completely abandoned.
  • Options
    EGYPT87771EGYPT87771 Posts: 224 Member
    I HAD THIS SAME PROBLEM! 11111

Ugh it was so annoying, my sims got married and Amy is best friends with Bella Goth. When I went to invite Bella to the wedding she wasn't there to be selected! And I checked Amy's relationships Bella wasn't there either! But after the wedding Bella reappeared and continued to harass my door bell as she usually does. Gosh, she comes ringing my Sims' doorbell so so often, she might as well live with them!
  • Options
    GreenthumbGreenthumb Posts: 1 New Member
    edited September 2014
    I've been playing the Sims since the original- and I have to say Sims 4 is very buggy!! Sims of all kinds- old and young- keep disappearing from both worlds!! It is frustrating and seems to be increasing. Now about 20 'played' and CAS sims have simply disappeared.

Also many of the relationships incorrectly list the type of relationship (listing their child as a brother instead of a son, etc.) I mean, that is weird but straight up losing multiple Sims that you've spent time building up is a pretty HUGE bug in my opinion. :disappointed:
    Post edited by Greenthumb on