Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims disappearing from relationship panel/tab.

Comments

• Options
    merlersermerlerser Posts: 2 New Member
    I'm having the very same problem. I had a third generation sim whose relationships (besides immediate family) kept disappearing, meaning she couldn't achieve many of her aspirations. Thinking it may have just been a glitch for that family, I created a new one and the exact same thing is happening. This is really frustrating as it's virtually impossible to form romantic relationships or friends for any of my sims now.
  • Options
    HenrikeMountainHenrikeMountain Posts: 1 New Member
    Luckily none of my household members have disappeared so far, but the mother of my house is trying to get a promotion and needs 10 friends and I find it utterly frustrating that after a lot of effort and being at 9/10, it suddenly drops right back down to 5 everytime. I really hope they are dealing with this bug as this is SO frustrating.
  • Options
    Lizziemay12Lizziemay12 Posts: 1,178 Member
    It's still happening for me. Luckily I had a backup save but I'll miss the children born in the new one.

It seems to be happening for me only with played households. By marking them as unplayed they tend to stay put.
    Origin Username: LizzieMay +++ New friends are always welcome :)
  • Options
    King4510411King4510411 Posts: 2,056 Member
    My sim's eldest daughter got married to a sim I made for her and moved out. For the first few sim days the inlaws and her parents showed up every day then suddenly just her mother so I went to their homes and her dad and brother and two sisters were gone and so was her husbands mom and dad
  • Options
    aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    I'm having the same issue. My sim just met a couple potential future partners but as soon as she returned home they disappeared from the relationship panel. This wouldn't be so bad if there was a way of finding them later.
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• Options
    AllyJay82AllyJay82 Posts: 25 Member
    When is this going to get a fix? :( Sooooo frustrating.
  • Options
    AllyJay82AllyJay82 Posts: 25 Member
    *Bump*
  • Options
    NevisHeavenNevisHeaven Posts: 39 Member
    I'm waiting for this to be fixed too. :|
  • Options
    Ellie16Ellie16 Posts: 14 New Member
    I've had this literally today, at first my neighbourhood emptied, all unplayed houses eventually grew up and died. Bam no one living anywhere but me. Looked stupid so I ticked fill houses. Playing fine for another generation. My newest child has the social butterfly generation, trying to get ahead I send her to the park, she makes friends with a few children. Go to check on them 2 days later and invite them over and boom, nothing. Not a picture, nothing. This is at like 3pm on a Sunday so they aren't asleep or busy, because I could ring other sims at 4am and they tell me to go away as they are sleeping! Very disappointing as I feel its so hard to make friends on sims 4 for some reason it takes ages for the relatonship bar to go up and now I have to make 5 child friends in two days before she grows up!!
  • Options
    ibshaunibshaun Posts: 46 Member
    I'm curious about this too - anyone getting any answers? My Sim meets a guy, they become romantic - she wants to ask him out and he's gone. Same issue with kids at the park. Does it have anything to do with whether they live in your "neighborhood?" I started created more households and moving them in with ghosts (so they could afford the house) just so my Sims could actually have friends! Sim Guru's -- any help???
  • Options
    AGHorsesAGHorses Posts: 16 Member
    Bump! Also adding that I'm having this issue. My third generation heir has the Serial Romantic aspiration and needs to maintain several romantic relationships. The potential partners I send her out to meet keep disappearing from the relationship panel within a Sim day or so. Very frustrating. Went and read through the patch notes and haven't seen any reference to this bug.
  • Options
    AGHorsesAGHorses Posts: 16 Member
    > @CowPlantForHire said:
    > Yay! Another dead thread revival! It's not like the necromancer could've checked the date for when the thread was posted and when the last post was before leaving their own comment...

No need to be rude. Instead of posting a new redundant thread, I searched for the problem I am having and found that someone had already posted a thread for it. Since it is still a problem I feel it's fine to post about it, and it makes more sense to have the posts from other people with the problem rather than a new post with just me.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,630 Member
    AGHorses wrote: »
    Bump! Also adding that I'm having this issue. My third generation heir has the Serial Romantic aspiration and needs to maintain several romantic relationships. The potential partners I send her out to meet keep disappearing from the relationship panel within a Sim day or so. Very frustrating. Went and read through the patch notes and haven't seen any reference to this bug.

Must be a townie who's getting culled. There's a mod to stop that: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=535559
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    JonalinJonalin Posts: 1,708 Member
    AGHorses wrote: »
    > @CowPlantForHire said:<br />
    > Yay! Another dead thread revival! It's not like the necromancer could've checked the date for when the thread was posted and when the last post was before leaving their own comment...<br />
    <br />
    No need to be rude. Instead of posting a new redundant thread, I searched for the problem I am having and found that someone had already posted a thread for it. Since it is still a problem I feel it's fine to post about it, and it makes more sense to have the posts from other people with the problem rather than a new post with just me.

I agree with you. Many forums prefer that similar questions/issues be added to an existing thread.

Tday3_zps00758527.png
  • Options
    Phlox711Phlox711 Posts: 26 Member
    > @luthienrising said:
    > AGHorses wrote: »
    >
    > Bump! Also adding that I'm having this issue. My third generation heir has the Serial Romantic aspiration and needs to maintain several romantic relationships. The potential partners I send her out to meet keep disappearing from the relationship panel within a Sim day or so. Very frustrating. Went and read through the patch notes and haven't seen any reference to this bug.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Must be a townie who's getting culled. There's a mod to stop that....

*It wouldn't let me post the link to the mod as I haven't been around long enough to do so.

I've never used mods or custom content. To be honest, I'm not even sure what they are, nor do I care. The issue should be resolved at the root of the problem. Especially for those of us who have no interest in mods. With that being said, I haven't had the "disappearing relationship" problem in quite some time. I don't know what was done or not done to cause it to work properly again. I do know that I've started a new game quite a few times though. Maybe it was just a bad neighborhood?
  • Options
    catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    I'm having a terrible time. When I look in the relationship panel, I see empty pictures with just the name. I try to travel, and it just spins forever. I don't know what to do.
  • Options
    leegirl124leegirl124 Posts: 988 Member
    glad im not the only one with this isssue. wish sims 4 would get there acts together
    :D
  • Options
    songsmith2003songsmith2003 Posts: 1,461 Member
    That doesn't sound good. Has anyone mentioned it in the official bug post on concrit's page?
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,790 Member
    I'm upset that you can have family living together, and as the need arises for more room in the household, you move some members out. Seems you can't just split the household (as in Sims3) even in manage families. You have to move them in with an existing household. Beyond that, whatever relationship your Sim had with the Sim(s) that left, ebb. I had three brothers living together in one house. They were friends. The oldest of the three married and remained in the household until his baby boy became a child. Still friends. Now, they merely know each other. I am betting that once I play that household, they won't be listed as brothers, either. This is my biggest gripe about Sims4. That is besides the lack of TODDLERS. Are you listening/reading EA? Please fix both of these issues. Please, please, please, please, please. That is my Christmas wish.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    YrusamaYrusama Posts: 1 New Member
    edited December 2014
    I wasn't going to complain here, but I feel it's necessary now.

EA, this bug is game-breaking. This is the kind of crap that caused the original failure of Final Fantasy XIV (not ARR). You can't survive on hype alone and release broken games.

I was willing to overlook that creative sims can't get writer's block (barring their path as authors). I can work around the occasionally stuck action, like when my sim nearly died because she wouldn't stop writing a song for violin. I can even tolerate the bug that breaks the baby gender RNG. There are loopholes around these bugs, like changing maps or adoption. In fact sometimes they're downright comical.

But when sims in the town, which you need to progress in any career with a "make x amount of friends" challenge, simply disappear.... you have a bug that we can't overcome without outright cheating. This needs to be fixed before anything else.

I bought this game on sale for $30 because I'd heard it wasn't worth full price. Now I'm questioning if I should have spent money on it at all.
  • Options
    Adri_AnnAdri_Ann Posts: 4 New Member
    I have same probleme. In my relationship panel only appears gost and a few of my own sims, but the sims i met in the street or in other place the day after is gone from the relationship paneland never saw him again...
  • Options
    becstar732becstar732 Posts: 265 Member
    Is there a way to fix it yet?
    There has to be a solution, is it because I have most Mods turned on? Would that make a difference?
  • Options
    kreatorakreatora Posts: 557 Member
    Homeless sims are produced at any time for the game. They are delegated to the bar, gym, park if your sim is going there. . After interaction EA sim disappears. If the game will be not take him into account and save him - disappears from the game for ever.
    Why?
    First version
    Probably it is invented to protect game's save folders and keep it small.
    Second version - underdeveloped detail
    This release of the game was addressed to young children after all and small children should play one family in one house and do not trouble the creators of the game.

My ID Origin kreatora
    Hero on EA AHQ
  • Options
    SpradaciSprojSpradaciSproj Posts: 1,272 Member
    I'm upset that you can have family living together, and as the need arises for more room in the household, you move some members out. Seems you can't just split the household (as in Sims3) even in manage families. You have to move them in with an existing household. Beyond that, whatever relationship your Sim had with the Sim(s) that left, ebb. I had three brothers living together in one house. They were friends. The oldest of the three married and remained in the household until his baby boy became a child. Still friends. Now, they merely know each other. I am betting that once I play that household, they won't be listed as brothers, either. This is my biggest gripe about Sims4. That is besides the lack of TODDLERS. Are you listening/reading EA? Please fix both of these issues. Please, please, please, please, please. That is my Christmas wish.

You can make a new Unplayed family then move them into their own home. :)
  • Options
    MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    I haven't been having any problems with splitting families in Manage Households. It has also not affected family ties, as far as I've noticed. Friendships do decay at a rather startling rate sometimes. I think they're supposed to be working on that.

The only solution I've found to keep Sims from being culled is to keep the total population (which includes the dead) under 180. I do this by deleting elder townie Sims from manage households before they have a chance to die. There is a mod at MTS that will tell you what your population is at any given time.

Other people manage their populations by deleting all townies and populating with Sims of their own creation or gallery Sims, then going in on a regular basis and culling additional Sims the game creates. It does create some service Sims, like town gardeners, but if you cull them accidentally it will make new ones. There is also a mod at MTS that will reduce the spawning of townies other than the necessary service Sims.

I know this is a lot of work, but it's the only way I know to handle it at present. I've brought the culling and 180 max pop up with the SimGurus on multiple occasions. I'm hoping that the generational tweak they made with the last patch is not their final solution and that they are still working on it.