Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Maxis Island AKA Sims 1 revisited.... Final!!!!! link in second post

Comments

• Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Amazing ! Keeping an eye on this for sure.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    flstriderflstrider Posts: 1,912 Member
    @17mars Thanks the last couple were very simple lots so not really much to add to them

@Writin_Reg Thank you Reggie!! you wanna take it for a spin when its ready for Beta...hehe? (and just think all the addresses are already done for me so I just copy and paste...LOL)

Tonight's addition is the boardwalk located at 28 Main Street. I figured since it was called a boardwalk why not give it the look of a boardwalk of sorts.....

The Sims 1 version:
    28main.jpg

And the Sims 3 build:
    Screenshot-5_9.jpg
    Screenshot-6_9.jpg
    Screenshot-4_9.jpg
    Screenshot-7_10.jpg

This lot is designated as the Nerd Shop for the Sims 3. The center shop contain that particular cash register. More as progress continues
    My World's thread linked in Sig
    NewSig.jpg

• Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Sure - love to check it out. I have been peeking off and on this thread for a while now - so i was intending on trying it anyway. hehehe

Sims 4 is just not my cup of tea so i have moved back into playing Sims 2 and Sims 3 off and on the last 4 months - I did try to give Sims 4 a fair trial - but just too much about it that goes against my play style.

I did also test out Rflongs last world too - and ended up saying yep - i want to keep this for sure. hehehe -

But I've been silently watching and enjoying and sort of getting anxious.... so figured I'd let you know i was in there. It's great seeing all these familiar places and what I've seen is wonderful - so will definitely be taking it for a spin. I can already tell it will be a keeper... hehehe

Also sometime in May hubby will be rebuilding my pc - we've been buying new components a few at a time - so just in case it gets at that stage and you don't hear from me right away - that is probably why. I do know it will not be this month at all as I still need to order my ram which we won't be doing until toward the end of the month. We are still playing bill catch up on top of everything other wise my pc would have been done in Feb - but hubby broke his hip during an ice storm in January - he's all fixed (took 8 weeks) and back to work - so slowly catching up... Hubby assured me I will have it in plenty of time for my birthday at the end of May.

Okay - glad you caught my message - lol. Looked forward to checking it out. hugs - Reggie

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    17mars17mars Posts: 263 Member
    Very nice! I always used to make over that lot.
  • Options
    @Writin_Reg I had a feeling you were lurking around...lol Glad to hear Hubby is all fixed and getting ready to get you that new PC. I know what you mean about Sims 4 I tried it but it felt like looney toons meets pixar hehe. I hope it gets better as the expansions come out.

@17mars Yeah that one was always the first to go for me when I was starting to work downtown.

Tonight we add 21 Wright Way, Hedman's Hideaway. Looking at the original description of the lot I was almost tempted to make this a restaurant but instead designated this as the sports bar in honor of the great sports bars here in my hometown who make the best crab cakes in the world!

The Sims 1 version:
    21WrightWay.jpg

and the Sims 3 build:
    Screenshot-20_5.jpg
    Screenshot-19_4.jpg

Once again there is a spot in the kitchen for the bistro oven to make this a wings bar or the kitchen can be removed to add a video room or whatever. More as the build continues.....
    NewSig.jpg

• Options
    Shadecaster101Shadecaster101 Posts: 1,343 Member
    Brings back so many memories! Just dropping by to show I'm still lurking, even if I've stopped posting on the thread. Good job!
  • Options
    Excellent makeover!
  • Options
    @Shadecaster101 Thanks glad to know everything is still maintaining the Sims 1 feel!
    @17mars Thank you!

Today I am adding 27 Main Street...Old Farm Square. Thinking about it I may have taken a wrong turn with this lot to make it a disco club and probably should have made it the watering hole and saved the disco for Studio Town and I may change this up still. I will see how things go as I progress through Studio Town when I get to that section....

The Sims 1 version:
    27main.jpg

And the Sims 3 build:
    Screenshot_8.jpg
    Screenshot-2_8.jpg

If I do end up changing this lot I will take out the watering hole in Old Town and leave that as a vacant lot unless it is needed for any venue or rabbit hole I still need after the rest of the sections are completed. The progress continues.....
    NewSig.jpg

• Options
    edited April 2015
    I did not expect this lot to be so easy to complete but it did not take long at all to finish 22 Wright Way, Cory's Place. It is another park but I designated this as a hangout to knock off another venue for the Sims 3.

The Sims 1 version:
    22WrightWay.jpg

And the Sims 3 build:
    Screenshot-8_11.jpg
    Screenshot-9_9.jpg
    Screenshot-10_9.jpg

And a couple of the surrounding area:
    Screenshot-12_8.jpg
    Screenshot-11_8.jpg

There are fish, insect and seed spawners on this lot I just hate to have them in the pictures. This leaves one lot left to complete the Downtown section but there was a build I did in the Sims 1 I am really thinking about adding to the Sims 1 empty lot located at 23 Wright Way. I had a build in my save 3 downtown that was located at 25 Main Street but would love to add it just need to figure out what venue to make it if I do add it. The progress continues.....
    NewSig.jpg

• Options
    Looking wonderful! Enjoying all of these screenshots!
  • Options
    @17mars Thank you and I hope you enjoy these as well!!

Today I add the final lot for the downtown area 24 Main Street, Wrensday's. This lot has been designated as the art gallery for the Sims 3 as it reminds me of an old museum from Cape Canaveral called the "Pieces of Eight" which contained finds from old Spanish Galleons that sunk off of the Florida Coast. That museum also had an octagon shape....

The Sims 1 version:
    24main.jpg

And the Sims 3 build:
    Screenshot-23_4.jpg
    Screenshot-21_4.jpg
    Screenshot-22_5.jpg

With the addition of that lot here is the Downtown area with all of it's remade original lots:
    Screenshot-4_10.jpg

I will be moving over to Vacation Island once I finish the painting and other details for the Downtown area. More as the project continues.....
    NewSig.jpg

• Options
    Just had to add this screenshot I love the way this one turned out and just had to share......

Screenshot-5_10.jpg

The progress continues......
    NewSig.jpg

• Options
    It is beautiful! And now I'm eager to see what you do with Vacation Island. You did such a lovely job with the rest!
  • Options
    danacnbrettdanacnbrett Posts: 102 Member
    Are you going to make Magic Town too? :)
  • Options
    ClayworldClayworld Posts: 1,106 Member
    Are you going to make Magic Town too? :)

Check the first post.

• Options
    @danacnbrett All of the Sims 1 neighborhoods will be in this world, Old Town, Downtown, Studio Town, Vacation Island and Magic Town will be included.......

CAW%20Magictown.png

The basic layout for Magic town, and studio town are already set so it is just getting there to build the lots
    NewSig.jpg

• Options
    danacnbrettdanacnbrett Posts: 102 Member
    edited April 2015
    Oops! Thanks Clayworld. :) And thank you for the pic FLSTRider. Looks amazing.
    Post edited by danacnbrett on
  • Options
    rotatarotata Posts: 180 Member
    I LOVED The Sims! Looking forward to trying out this world.

Someone else made a TS1 world that looks pretty good, but it does not work on my machine - puts a big blue box in the upper left corner.

Rotata
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    @rotata I hope this world will not disappoint! and I will not release this until I know everything is working properly.

Tonight I feel like Mr. Roarke waiting for Tattoo to run up the main bell tower to ring the bell and shout "The plane! The plane!" so I can say "Welcome to Fanta....... ummm I mean Vacation Island (for those of us old enough to remember that tv show). As I started this area I realized that to this point I have never even thought about building a resort so I am not totally sure if I have this correct or not but I am doing my homework to make sure I build these resorts properly. So here are the first two lots 46 and 47 Lagoon Moon Road.......

The Sims 1 Versions:
    46 Lagoon Moon
    46Lagoon.jpg
    47 Lagoon Moon
    47Lagoon.jpg

And the Sims 3 Builds:
    Screenshot-10_10.jpg
    Screenshot-14_8.jpg
    Screenshot-13_7.jpg
    Screenshot-16_5.jpg
    Screenshot-17_4.jpg
    Screenshot-8_12.jpg

Yes as you can see from the first couple of pics 46 Lagoon Moon Road will be another seasonal lot. More as the build continues.....
    Post edited by flstrider on
    NewSig.jpg

• Options
    JefferyDJefferyD Posts: 2 New Member
    Your work is AMAZING!

I've always dreamed of a bit of the Sims 1 in the 3rd game, and I was barely able to do anything correct in CAW. Now you're just making my wish come true! Bravo!
  • Options
    Excellent work, Mr. Roarke.. oops! I mean FLSTRider! (Thanks for the earworm of "The Plane! The Plane!")
  • Options
    Thank you both very much!!!

Well today's update is 48 Lagoon Moon Road, Palazzo Palms Hotel. This lot is a Resort lot and will be one of three in Vacation Island. The only issue I have is that the EA Rabbit holes for the resort lots are not the greatest looking but I hope I have incorporated it ok.....

The Sims 1 version:
    48Lagoon.jpg

And the Sims 3 build:
    Screenshot-18_6.jpg
    Screenshot-4_11.jpg
    Screenshot-19_5.jpg
    Screenshot-21_5.jpg
    Screenshot-22_6.jpg
    Screenshot-23_5.jpg

I am still looking at the "how-to" for building Resorts so this lot may end up getting reworked. More as the construction continues.....
    NewSig.jpg

• Options
    The deck is a nice touch! Is it possible to put the tower in a basement?
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    @17mars The reason I did not initially place the tower in a basement was I was worried about the water level and having the basement filled with water. but I went ahead and put the tower into a basement and reworked the ground floor and here is what I came up with.....

Screenshot-10_11.jpg
    Screenshot-11_9.jpg
    Screenshot-13_8.jpg
    Screenshot-12_9.jpg

So far it looks as if the basement is alright but not sure if it will stay clear when others download this.... we will have to see how it holds up. If there is a problem I will put the tower back up on the ground floor...... more as the build continues.....

**Edit**
    Forgot to add a pic of the basement
    Screenshot-4_12.jpg
    Post edited by flstrider on
    NewSig.jpg

• Options
    That looks much more authentic. The EA resort tower looks just like a nuclear reactor to me.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top