The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Maxis Island AKA Sims 1 revisited.... Final!!!!! link in second post

Comments

• Options
    17mars17mars Posts: 263 Member
    Loving it!
  • Options
    SillyCaileySillyCailey Posts: 374 Member
    Fantastic lots to play and secrets to discover - who could ask for more - it is all looking so incredible.

As for the Boardwalk lot - it has its pros and cons and depending on how you feel about it you could do it better ;)
  • Options
    ClayworldClayworld Posts: 1,106 Member
    edited May 2015
    Is it possible to make the roller coaster look more rickety? I haven't tried building with those pieces, are they castable? I love what you're doing in this section. It looks amazing.
    Post edited by Clayworld on
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    This is looking fabulous, FLSTRider! I love it. Such nostalgia. :heart:

I second what Tangie said. LOL.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    flstriderflstrider Posts: 1,912 Member
    edited May 2015
    @17mars Thank you!
    @HappySimmer3 ..... awwww thanks Tangie!, and oh I am so happy to hear that everything is working well for you I will say more in the other thread soon!
    @SillyCailey I think you are right I was never really happy with using that venue as a whole, I will have to play around a bit and see what I can come up with
    @Clayworld I hope this looks a bit better, had to be careful with the screenshot don't want to give to much away:
    Screenshot-41_4.jpg
    @Writin_Reg I left you speechless I see....lol! Thanks much

Still working the tomb part of the lot and I must say that even though I am the one building it I would be a bit scared to go in......The progress continues!
    My World's thread linked in Sig
    NewSig.jpg

• Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    LOL. And that isn't easy to do either.... hehehe

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    <3 the changes to the coaster frame <3
  • Options
    ClayworldClayworld Posts: 1,106 Member
    edited May 2015
    flstrider wrote: »
    @Clayworld I hope this looks a bit better, had to be careful with the screenshot don't want to give to much away:
    Screenshot-41_4.jpg

Still working the tomb part of the lot and I must say that even though I am the one building it I would be a bit scared to go in......The progress continues!

Oh yes! That's much better. School's out soon, I can hardly wait to have some time to play this world. You've done a fantastic job.

Are you planning to add any ports for houseboats? I don't remember exactly.
  • Options
    @Clayworld Yes I have two ports in the world so far, one of which is the unplayable lot on Vacation Island where the cruise ship is, and the other is on its own separate island.

@SillyCailey Thanks I like this one better as well

Finally have the tomb finished, and I must say that I am a bit scared of this one....hehe, I really hope everyone enjoys it and makes you think a bit as well! Tonight I add 93 Calamity Forest, A Spooktacular Spot I did alter this one a bit from the original as this will be the Vampire Lounge

The Sims 1 version:
    93calamity.jpg

And the Sims 3 build:
    Screenshot-44_3.jpg
    Screenshot-43_4.jpg
    Screenshot-45_3.jpg
    Screenshot-46_2.jpg

Still have a way to go but the progress does continue.....
    NewSig.jpg

• Options
    I'm loving all of it! Can't wait to try the tomb!
  • Options
    @17mars thank you, I hope that you find the tomb to be challenging and fun

Just thought I would take a moment and share a couple of screenshots I took in game last night.....
    Screenshot-47_2.jpg
    Screenshot-52_1.jpg
    Screenshot-53_1.jpg
    Screenshot-49_1.jpg
    Screenshot-54_1.jpg
    Screenshot-51_1.jpg

As you can see still have a bit to go on the landscaping and some other details...... the work continues!.....
    NewSig.jpg

• Options
    edited May 2015
    I am loving the idea of a tomb, I just hope it's not to scarey :p the Vampire Lounge looks marvelous - the landscaping is fabulous - as always ;)

And speaking of landscape - the front view of the waterfalls and the view from the top of the falls, and the view of creepy hollow with the mountain in the background and the view of Studio Town over the raised freeway - they all just take my breath away :hushed: I can't wait for this world - my poor simself is gonna have some sore feet strolling around in this great big lovely open world :)

edit to correct name ;)
  • Options
    It's just beautiful! I can't wait to try this neighborhood!
  • Options
    RLP4444wildblueRLP4444wildblue Posts: 28 Member
    Wow, this is amazing . The nostalgia . I am watching the progress with such anticipation . I think that this world will blow away all of the maxis worlds . Thank you for the love you have put into it . It makes me remember the fun times I had with the sims 1 . Anticipation is making me wait , keeping me on the edge of my seat or every picture you post . Thanks again .
  • Options
    Thank you all so very much. I am really having so much fun working on this and I am glad to know that I am still representing the original well!

Today I am adding 95 Calamity Forest, Coldwind Meadow. I have designated this lot as the Java hut and have also added a live show stage and the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 Wagon here as well.....

The Sims 1 version:
    95calamity.jpg

and the Sims 3 build:
    Screenshot-48_1.jpg
    Screenshot-58.jpg
    Screenshot-55_1.jpg

**Note** I just looked at the pics and notice I did not add the outhouses, I will get those added shortly, guess I should either work on the lots or watch the baseball game, not both....lol! The work continues.....
    NewSig.jpg

• Options
    That was one of my favourite lots! (though I usually re-did it a bit) So glad you kept the original feel. It's just right!
  • Options
    You translated the Sims 1 lot to the Sims 3 in a most excellent way - I can't wait to get my Sims on it. You are still impressing me with your skills at each update :)
  • Options
    Thank you both very much!!!!

Today I will be adding 96 Calamity Forest, Clowntastic land. I decided not to go into to much detail for this lot and made it a big park as there is only one venue left to complete as well as one Rabbit Hole left and those are going on the remaining two lots in Magic Town.

The Sims 1 version:
    96calamity.jpg

And the Sims 3 build:
    Screenshot-56_1.jpg
    Screenshot-59_1.jpg

The Supernatural Hangout and the Arboretum are all that remain to complete Magic town, and then I will have time to finish up the work that still needs to be completed in CAW. More as the build continues......

NewSig.jpg

• Options
    lovlyblovlyb Posts: 968 Member
    Awesome!! looking great.
  • Options
    @lovlyb Thank you so very much

Today I add 98 Calamity Forest, Forest Edge Camp. Originally I had the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 wagon on a different lot but felt it would be much better to add it to this lot. The lot is designated as "Visitors Allowed"......

The Sims 1 version:
    98calamity.jpg

And the Sims 3 build:
    Screenshot-60_1.jpg
    Screenshot-61_1.jpg
    Screenshot-62_1.jpg

With the surrounding area in the background:
    Screenshot-92.jpg
    Screenshot-93.jpg

This leaves only 97 Calamity Forest, Serra Glen left to complete and that lot will be the "Supernatural Hangout" and will also complete all of the Sims 1 lots. When that lot is completed I will go ahead and put together a beta version to begin testing as I finish up the remaining CAW details and a couple of additional lots, which will allow me to correct problems found as the world is tested. The build continues......
    NewSig.jpg

• Options
    So excited to see all these screenshots and even more excited to see that magic word "beta!"
  • Options
    @17mars Thanks! Still have a few things to tighten up but the Beta should be out soon. I am really looking forward to seeing how this world plays for others.

Today I am happy to be adding the last of the Sims 1 lots 97 Calamity Forest, Serra Glen. This lot is designated as the "Supernatural Hangout" and this will also complete all of the Sims 3 Venues and Rabbit Holes as well.....

The Sims 1 version:
    97calamity.jpg

And the Sims 3 build:
    Screenshot-97.jpg
    Screenshot-99.jpg
    Screenshot-94.jpg

And a couple of the surrounding area:
    Screenshot-100.jpg
    Screenshot-101.jpg

I have always like the look of the Red Velvet from Moonlight Falls and wanted to give this lot a similar look. There are two lots that I need to build to complete all of the lots in this world, and I plan on working on those as the world is being tested. More as the work continues.....
    NewSig.jpg

• Options
    edited May 2015
    I have the Beta V1 ready to go! there are still terrain painting that needs to be done and a few other details but I thought I would go ahead and release this first beta that way as I am working on these last few things I can also correct problems as the are found. If you are interested in beta testing this world please let me know so I can send you the link for the beta.
    NewSig.jpg

• Options
    Me please!!
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    For those that are interested in testing this world here is the link for beta 1

***Link Removed...Bad File*** (see latest post for new link)

There is still work to be done as far as some terrain painting and other small details and the routing paints have not been added as of yet so please keep that in mind as you are testing the world.

I ask that if you are not interested in testing this world PLEASE DO NOT DOWNLOAD as there may be issues with this and I ask that you please be patient and wait for the final version.

I have also added the world details in the second post of this thread
    Post edited by flstrider on
    NewSig.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top