Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

An Obnoxious Psychosausage tests the boundaries of the Sims 4 emotions

Comments

• Options
    CharmingMaruskaCharmingMaruska Posts: 1,051 Member
    @Ayradyss Thank you so much for that explanation! I was actually wondering how the personality systems work and if my ideas would be even possible (I have zero knowledge about programming). So, yes, thank you again for that. It was very eye-opening.
    I understand your points. I understand that it doesn't matter which system we use as long as it works.
    However I was talking about using both systems in one game. Sliders for personality traits like Nice, Funny, Intelligent, Emotional, Serious... and the traits system for the traits that are connected with talents/hobbies or phobias (Artistic, Music Lover, Natural Cook, Geek, etc).
    The traits with sliders would be inherited from parents and babies (and toddlers eventually) would be born with them. Traits with hobbies and talents would be earned during the birthdays or from accomplishments.
    This way, sim babies (and toddlers) would be unique and they would have different personalities. I don't know how many of you are family players, but I am, and I think babies are just so neglected in TS4. They are not even sims, they are crying objects and all the babies act (and look) absolutely identical. I don't like that. IRL, some babies are mean and some are sweethearts, some are active and some are lazy. Some of them are sociable and some of them are shy. That's a fact. I think babies need personality, especially when there are no toddlers around (but I believe that is not permanent.)
    The problem with traits system in TS3 was that babies and toddlers had traits, but they did nothing for them. Virtuoso trait for a baby is... well, useless. It has no effect until the baby grows up. Even Good trait is useless, because baby can't donate for charity. The baby can be nice to others but all babies in TS3 are nice unless they are hungry. And it is just so unrealistic.
    That's why I think sliders would make sense. Because they would contain only personality traits that would make sense for every life stage (more or less). And traits that are more about talents and hobbies would be earned once the sim is old enough to be geek or bookworm.
    I hope that make sense :)
  • Options
    EmmySkyEmmySky Posts: 459 Member
    LOL, I was hoping he was painting a picture of the fire! Beautiful artwork, Mr. Sausages, well done, @EmberDahl .
    oh, sylvia, the many faces of you!
    1bjOt3L.png?2
    sylvia is an adorably insane sim who likes to hate children and clean things, interrupting these activities occassionally to
    rail at the world, check her armpits for alien listening devices or play with her dinglehopper (and she's always pulling faces!)
  • Options
    Lorean HoferLorean Hofer Posts: 199 Member
    This was the best thing on the forums in a while.
  • Options
    SusiechanSusiechan Posts: 3,034 Member
    EmmySky wrote: »
    LOL, I was hoping he was painting a picture of the fire! Beautiful artwork, Mr. Sausages, well done, @EmberDahl .

I am hoping the same too. I found that Mr. Sausage's mischief is charmingly funny :D
  • Options
    ZombifiedDeathEaterZombifiedDeathEater Posts: 558 Member
    edited March 2015
    EmberDahl wrote: »
    Episode 14 : Take Art

Hmm, that's **starting to take shape** even if I do say so myself.

paint01.jpg

I think I'm really **capturing the spirit of my subject matter** rather well, especially for a beginner.

paint02.jpg

Oh for plum's sake! Will you keep still! How on earth am I supposed to paint accurately with you flapping about like that?

paint03.jpg

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrg aaaaaaaahhh ahhhhhh aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrg!

paint04.jpg

Yeesh, some people have no respect for art. You're all a bunch of philistines!!!

paint06.jpg

And will you please stop screaming?!? I'm a sensitive artist, I am finding it quite hard to concentrate with all that hullabaloo!

paint05.jpg

Yep that's captured the scene nicely. I'm rather glad I tried out this new portrait painting addition. It's a fun little diversion before I continue with my townie culling activities.

paint07.jpg

Hey townie! Sorry, no idea what your name is. Haven't you just been randomly given an artist career? I'd really like your opinion on this when you get a few minutes, before your eyes melt preferably.

paint08.jpg

That'll look great above my fire place that.

paint09.jpg

(** << BOLDED parts) When I read through this (before the Subject matter became known) I just couldn't help but imagine the song Ring Of Fire by the Great Johny Cash playing in my head and satiating my more sinfully tasty 'darker' desires to see sims catch alight and dance the game of life with the Grim reaper upon a bed of firey coals. . To my maliciously delicious delight .. You delivered the goods Ember! (Sans the appearance of Grimmy)

I giggled like a schoolgirl with unsavory glee, at the end. But oh more so especially, when those fireman starting to play the game of hotfoot prancing around, throwing their hands in the air like they really just don't give a care.. getting all hot and sweaty before 'going down in a ring of fire' ;) hehe

I fell into a burning ring of fire,
    I went down, down, down
    As the flames went higher
    And it burns, burns, burns,
    The ring of fire, the ring of fire.

And it burns, burns, burns,
    The ring of fire, the ring of fire,
    The ring of fire, the ring of fire.

P.s Ember. Did you have to User-direct them to 'react' to one another when each one caught on fire? Or were the autonamous 'watch sim burn alive and smile grimacing' reactions, actually working this time? :naughty:

Thanks for this sinfully delightful update Ember! :mrgreen:
    I melt when I begin to dream
    Silhouette of touching colours
    Sparking energy in azure skies
    Beneath silvery pale moonlight
    Painting with mesmerizing eyes
    Blur between the silent screams
    Memories take form, dancing to life
    Mournful tears, haunting waking dreams

wolf_howling_at_moon.jpg
  • Options
    ZombifiedDeathEaterZombifiedDeathEater Posts: 558 Member
    edited April 2015
    Mr Sausages wouldn't waste his paint on those spawned types ;)

I had to bring them into the household for this @UshakSurfer aka Davie , NPCs were still not great at recognising danger (I had to do this 3 times - luckily there were a lot of spare spawners generated after the cull) - but I think the playable ones are noticing fire more now. Mind you you'd hope so considering the small space I shoved them in.

If anything it should've been smaller, and moar fire spawed to watch those little pixelated beings squirm and writhe!! :naughty: .. I oughta go see a therapist about this unsavoury desire to see sims burn. I blame Sims 1 for making so easy to fall into that entrapment! :#

"Playable ones are noticing fire more now" Ah. I see, well I suppose that's a good step in the right direction for now. But still their reactions seem to be random and shortlived. At least from my own personal experienced and setups using test-dummies. Well thanks for letting me know Ember!

So it seems the NPC's are just as 'lazy' at recognising the dangers as the playable ones. Because from where I stand, the coding for each sim is inconsistent (disconnected from their emotions and personality traits) and more so selected at random. I find that quite disappointing as it was Heavily Emphasised (falsely advertised) they were "Smarter" than ever before And adapted to their environments in new different unpredictable ways. The only thing 'unpredictable' about the A.I of these new sims is whether or not they shall have an "angry poop" or a normal one on a given sim -day :sweat:

What irks me Most ls their incessant Need (so called new ability) to check their phones Every 5 seconds for 'plumknows' what?! ( My sim doesn't even know anybody within the immediate vaccinity of the neighborhood radius) Best guesd i can figure is it's randomly chosen for completely undetermined reasons. Other than they are hardwired to be techno-geeks. *Get with the 21st Century programme already* is EA's 'in your face' motto. Apparently. . *insert eye-rolling animations. Initiate face palm reaction*
    Post edited by ZombifiedDeathEater on
    I melt when I begin to dream
    Silhouette of touching colours
    Sparking energy in azure skies
    Beneath silvery pale moonlight
    Painting with mesmerizing eyes
    Blur between the silent screams
    Memories take form, dancing to life
    Mournful tears, haunting waking dreams

wolf_howling_at_moon.jpg
  • Options
    JenzupJenzup Posts: 1,620 Member
    @Mmdrgntobldrgn I was talking specifically about the experiment with Mr.sausage and I think most of the sims whould react like miss Tense in that situation. But on the other hand, that situation is probably so intense that it is the only logical reaction.

Maybe in TS3, there were few traits that actually did something (although they were mostly negative traits), but many of them did nothing. Examples: Friendly (I didn't find it easier to make friends with this one), Absent-minded (had literally no effect on my sims), Daredevil (I was really dissapointed with this one - extreme variation don't do anything different), Dramatic, Easily-impressed, Star Quality, Schmoozer, Party Animal, Never Nude, Neurotic, even Good Sense of Humour and many more. They only had little to no effects, maybe some special interactions... They didn't really help me with anything in my game. But maybe I was just unlucky :)

I was expecting TS4 to change that. I was expecting that every trait in TS4 would be powerful, with an actual impact on sim's behaviour and emotions. It would make sense to me since even the number of traits war reduced (in my logic: fewer traits = higher quality of traits).
    Unfortunately, it didn't happen.

In my Sims 3 game Daredevils would automatically fight fires instead of running around their house like a chicken with its head cutoff or have to be directed to do it and they had an interactions to eat dirt (don't know why this is considered daring?) and didn't get frightened when encountering bugs when exploring tombs (though they were still frightened of the mummies). Oh and when they did manage to do something daring in the game they would get an adrenaline rush moodlet that lasted for a while (teens got it when breaking curfew or after eating dirt)

I would have liked for them to actually do daring things like play with fire (don't know how that would affect ratings) or spray hair spray cans/lighter fuel/spray paint cans at fires (or slob/daredevil sim would light farts on fire with lighter) do stunts off of things (like bikes, skateboards, motorcycles, dirt bikes, cars, sidewalks) be in races like street/drag races (have interaction to challenge other sims in a street race or other daring activity. If they had athletic skill and maybe a little training on gymnastic bars (I know they don't exist but I'm dreaming here) or level one acrobat/contortionist career they could do parkour (off of different objects steps, statues, rocks) not only have the rock climbing wall but also the ability to climb cliffs and mountainsides (or other thrill sports ex. skydiving, base jumping, underwater spelunking etc.) and only able to do it if their athletic skill was high enough and they had knowledge/skill with the rock climbing wall or read about it or climb smaller hills rocks until they skilled up in such a thing or took a class. (hey they'd have more opportunities to breaks their sim bones and have to have them set).

They then should have had an interaction to talk about exploits or challenge other Daredevils or for other non-daredevil sims they could challenge them to do risky behaviors not tied to the athletic skill (like pull various pranks do inappropriate actions or tasks) or request to play truth or dare type games. I also think however if you gave your sim the daredevil trait but not the athletic one then they would be more daring in their interactions that others would think were bold or overtly over the top perhaps slightly socially forward bordering on inappropriate/outrageous behavior. (photo-bombing another sim, de-pantsing someone, especially an enemy?, stealing opposite sexes' underwear, especially a sim with the flirty trait, taking inappropriate pictures, especially if they have the natural photographer trait, running a never nudes underwear up a flagpole?, asking for other sims to smell pits, especially slob sims. Sims could be dared to tell someone off or make odd comments or remarks to a well known sim like a celebrity or politician or other respected member of the town.) Teens could maybe get dare-devil streaks especially at slumber parties and play truth or dare games at a teen party. (Sims Urbz, a console game, had skate parks and skate boards if a console game could do it surely a computer game with a sports EP could do this)

Schmoozer's had the ability to have schmoozing interactions but I don't remember if they got a moodlet for that or not seems to me like a charismatic traited sim should be able to schmooze I'm not sure it needs a trait all its own. Party animals had more success of people showing up to their parties and they seemed attracted to the stereos more so than other sims and they rolled the wish to throw parties more often but their everyday interactions were not different from other sims.

I think they should have been able to have different interactions at parties (whether they threw them or were at the party) or had the ability to be the life of the party if they got up and sang karaoke in front of others, danced on tables, initiated games or started juice guzzling competitions (you know in a console game I played ,Sims 2 for Playstation, they actually had a spin the bottle game with sometime disastrous results if you had sims who were in a relationship play.) Or start people to dancing by showing off their dance moves.

And if they threw a good party they should be able to brag about it in their interaction choices. They should also have a gate-crasher wish or if they are jealous they didn't get invited to a party then they would get the call cops on party wish. Party animals/Social butterflies/charismatic/Diva traited sims should have been able to have chosen a career at being a DJ, MC, VJ or radio personality. Or if they had the computer whiz trait as well, then they'd be able to host a station streaming their favorite song selections via the web.

This is also something I would have liked for our sims to do is be able to learn a few interactions from one another. Say a party animal traited sim's friends could learn their most popular dance moves. Or a daredevil sims friends could learn an interaction of a trick of theirs. Or a natural cooks friends could learn their favorite recipe so forth and so on. It would be nice if a player's sim had say like 3 or so interactions that were blank that you could have your sim fill up once you got your sim to be best friends with another sim and you could have your sim to specifically ask to learn what ever interaction you wished them to learn from their friends (this is a feature that sort of resembles Urbz) also I'm thinking for the interaction you wanted to learn it would be one that could be highlighted in a different color or something so you knew you could learn it. You could either keep the interaction or delete it and fill the now blank interaction space with something new and you could make friends with oppositely traited sims to pick up interactions that your sim might not ever naturally do, I think if they did this I bet you could have some sims that showed variety in their personalities especially if you played rotationally.
    :o They listened and gave us toddlers! Thanks Devs your work is appreciated.
  • Options
    DecafHighDecafHigh Posts: 669 Member
    @Jenzup See that right there, everything you said is the type of things the devs should have been talking about when they started in on TS4 instead of "how much can we cut from the game up to and including lifestages and still convince players to actually spend money on it?". You would have thought that with all the sales of TS3, TS3 EP's, SP's and TS3 store sales they would have actually spent the resources to do things like that, what we got with TS4 is downright insulting considering how much money was spent on TS3. /sigh

Great update as usual Ember, looking forward to more.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    I just spent over an hour reading through this whole thread. I don't think my roommate's happy that I burst into laughter several times in the early hours of the morning. Mr. Sausages is great! :)
  • Options
    CharmingMaruskaCharmingMaruska Posts: 1,051 Member
    @Jenzup Your ideas are great and I like them (the true or dare thing - I need it in my game so bad!!). I was expecting daredevils to do the things you mentioned in your post and that is exactly why I was dissapointed with that trait. I didn't find them very daring. Eating dirt is... well, not really daring or fun.
    It is true that they were the first one to put out the fire, but then again, some of my sims were not daredevils, nor brave and they still used to put out the fire autonomously, so what is the point of the trait if any sim can do it?
    I was not trying to dishonour TS3. I love TS3. But it was not flawless and I was hoping that TS4 would fix those flaws from TS3. But so far it didn't. I really hope it's not too late for EA to fix those broken emotions and traits with no effect and non reactive NPCs that are shown in Mr. sausages adventures, but I don't know if it can be patched or if it is like... core of the game and it can't be change.
  • Options
    @Jenzup Your ideas are great and I like them (the true or dare thing - I need it in my game so bad!!). I was expecting daredevils to do the things you mentioned in your post and that is exactly why I was dissapointed with that trait. I didn't find them very daring. Eating dirt is... well, not really daring or fun.
    It is true that they were the first one to put out the fire, but then again, some of my sims were not daredevils, nor brave and they still used to put out the fire autonomously, so what is the point of the trait if any sim can do it?
    I was not trying to dishonour TS3. I love TS3. But it was not flawless and I was hoping that TS4 would fix those flaws from TS3. But so far it didn't. I really hope it's not too late for EA to fix those broken emotions and traits with no effect and non reactive NPCs that are shown in Mr. sausages adventures, but I don't know if it can be patched or if it is like... core of the game and it can't be change.

Oh you didn't dishonor it I was just trying to remember how things played out in my TS3 game. I like to compare and that is kind of the point of this thread, it is hilarious, I guess it helps to have a sort of dark humor but at the same time it is pointing out valid concerns simmers have with the play in the TS4 game, good job Emberdahl. You are very creative.
  • Options
    I guess Mr. Sausages was too busy painting to roast marshmallows?
  • Options
    ebuchalaebuchala Posts: 4,945 Member

I've only had one fire so far in my game, early on with a single sim and he put himself out after I made him do it so I've never really tested it. But, I've seen a couple of posts where people have said/shown that while several sims are dancing around, panicking, one Sim (maybe with self-assured trait? I don't know) would put out the fire autonomously. It did seem to be pretty irregular though, rather than the norm.
    Origin ID: ebuchala
    I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning psychopath. Reaper
  • Options
    EllessarrEllessarr Posts: 2,795 Member
    edited March 2015
    maybe is more like your game, because in my game a lot of traits works, i make sims with irresistible trait, then that sim get easy surrounded by others sims wanting talk with him.

if i make a sim with irresistible, great kiss, flirt and charismatic, this guy just go hit in almost every sim, if i make him only hit in womans then he try to hit on almost every woman.

most of my sims have a very well asnwer from they traits, like i coward sim just pass out after see a werewolf or a zombie, or a brave sim just laught and make fun of zombies, i'm not saying which the game is awesome and everything work but when comes to traits, sims 3 have a miles ahead better work than sims 4, where everything is moved by the current emotion mood.

i'm my game when a sim is flirting, if him not a womanizer he only will flirt with his beloved, not goes hit on everyone just because is horn, that is the huge difference between sims 3 and sims 4, sims 3 the traits on overal really work and really make each sim unique, while sims 4 all of then are ruled by the current mood and traits are just a deco or a way to put the sim in the right mood.

the AI in sims 3 is much supperior than sims 4, where the AI try to stay truth to traits than just let moods or the play control the npcs, i have a lot of experiences in sims 3 which i never had in sims 4, to make romance in sims 3 is not cheap as is in sims 4, sometimes i really must work hard to get into the sim, and one fail can derail all the progress based on the sim trait i'm trying to hit, while all my sims 4 experience was: introduce, flirt, flirt, flirt, whoohoo, this something i hate in sims 4 how romance is so plain and ridiculous easy and boring, if this not kill your sim and the time is not enough you can literally band the whole world in one day.
    tumblr_mfiuwmQOLI1qgap4ho1_500.gif
  • Options
    Ellessarr wrote: »
    maybe is more like your game, because in my game a lot of traits works, i make sims with irresistible trait, then that sim get easy surrounded by others sims wanting talk with him.

if i make a sim with irresistible, great kiss, flirt and charismatic, this guy just go hit in almost every sim, if i make him only hit in womans then he try to hit on almost every woman.

most of my sims have a very well asnwer from they traits, like i coward sim just pass out after see a werewolf or a zombie, or a brave sim just laught and make fun of zombies, i'm not saying which the game is awesome and everything work but when comes to traits, sims 3 have a miles ahead better work than sims 4, where everything is moved by the current emotion mood.

i'm my game when a sim is flirting, if him not a womanizer he only will flirt with his beloved, not goes hit on everyone just because is horn, that is the huge difference between sims 3 and sims 4, sims 3 the traits on overal really work and really make each sim unique, while sims 4 all of then are ruled by the current mood and traits are just a deco or a way to put the sim in the right mood.

I don't know what is wrong with my game then because it behaves so much like I've read complaints of people playing 4. Example I give my sims the flirty trait and no matter what other traits I pick they end up flirting with in-laws and other relatives, a complaint by many people about 4. That's just one example, I'm not sure whether or not EP's might effect traits? I know certain EP gives different interactions and objects items but could it also be affecting traits? I wish they would just release a basic game that would have stable elements that could transfer through to EP's not EP's adding in the necessary game play. By doing this it seems to have given everybody different game play experiences based on EP's they have, this is the conclusion I've come to anyway (talking about 3 here).
  • Options
    EmberDahlEmberDahl Posts: 332 Member
    edited March 2015
    Right-oh back from work, so I can answer the NPC fire question a bit better- was in a bit of a rush this morning.

As I mentioned I tried the gag 3 times- the third being a bit of a compromise. Originally it was supposed to be more blatant in suggesting that Sausages was painting burning people as the victims were right next to the easel making the pull back and reveal that he was just painting some fruit better staged - unfortunately because Mr. S was on the case- he immediately stopped painting and put out the fire while the townies didn't really do much- which was great for game logic with Mr. Sausages, what a hero- but no good for the joke. Then the townies just kept waving goodbye for ages like they do and it became useless.

So I thought I would fence them off a bit, to shield Sausages from the desire to put out the fire. This worked better, but as you can see from the next picture...

paintx.jpg

...only one of them bothered to notice and that's because he was the one of fire. The other two just stood there motionless. It might have had something to do with the amount of clutter I had everywhere though - maybe....but probably not.

So that's when I thought it was best to reload the game and try again- the blonde bloke had ran off, but it worked out better as I was able to add a brand new spawned fisherman, which I liked as he was wearing the same outfit which seemed to make it more amusing.

When I was able to control them all, they seemed to react pretty well once the fire got going, but because I had to build a stronger, more blocked off little room to shield sausages from the scene, the gag was lost a bit - but never mind.

Mr. Sausages couldn't do much after the fire got really bad, because most of the options got blocked, so I suppose I was lucky to get the screengrabs I did.
  • Options
    Right-oh back from work, so I can answer the NPC fire question a bit better- was in a bit of a rush this morning.

As I mentioned I tried the gag 3 times- the third being a bit of a compromise. Originally it was supposed to be more blatant in suggesting that Sausages was painting burning people as the victims were right next to the easel making the pull back and reveal that he was just painting some fruit better staged - unfortunately because Mr. S was on the case- he immediately stopped painting and put out the fire while the townies didn't really do much- which was great for game logic with Mr. Sausages, what a hero- but no good for the joke. Then the townies just kept waving goodbye for ages like they do and it became useless.

So I thought I would fence them off a bit, to shield Sausages from the desire to put out the fire. This worked better, but as you can see from the next picture...

paintx.jpg

...only one of them bothered to notice and that's because he was the one of fire. The other two just stood there motionless. It might have had something to do with the amount of clutter I had everywhere though - maybe....but probably not.

So that's when I thought it was best to reload the game and try again- the blonde bloke had ran off, but it worked out better as I was able to add a brand new spawned fisherman, which I liked as he was wearing the same outfit which seemed to make it more amusing.

When I was able to control them all, they seemed to react pretty well once the fire got going, but because I had to build a stronger, more blocked off little room and shield sausages from the scene, the gag was lost a bit - but never mind.

Mr. Sausages couldn't do much at this point apart from walk around, because all options still blocked when there's a fire, so I suppose I was lucky to get the screengrabs I did.

So the biggest issue appears to be with the NPCs, which I've read from a few other people on the forums, as well. When you're not controlling them, they're pod people like the whole town was Stepfordized or Invasion of the Body Snatchers. But when you're controlling them, they seem to respond more. Unfortunately, they really need to line up the emotions with the traits a bit more.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Yes, I think so @ebuchala - even if they are a family you have played before. My regular sims do weird things completely contradictory to their usual personalities when they become NPCs. They are just the same sims in pixels alone, They dress and look like them- but are just random shell people like you said.
  • Options
    EllessarrEllessarr Posts: 2,795 Member
    edited March 2015
    Jenzup wrote: »
    Ellessarr wrote: »

I don't know what is wrong with my game then because it behaves so much like I've read complaints of people playing 4. Example I give my sims the flirty trait and no matter what other traits I pick they end up flirting with in-laws and other relatives, a complaint by many people about 4. That's just one example, I'm not sure whether or not EP's might effect traits? I know certain EP gives different interactions and objects items but could it also be affecting traits? I wish they would just release a basic game that would have stable elements that could transfer through to EP's not EP's adding in the necessary game play. By doing this it seems to have given everybody different game play experiences based on EP's they have, this is the conclusion I've come to anyway (talking about 3 here).
    well i'm playing alot i have a lot sims with families, i have at last 5 families which 2 sims young adult one male and other female, both of then are "seducers", but they never flirt with each other, they act pretty much family, like speaking and sometimes fighting, but never flirting, but they actually flirt a lot with outsider sims, is funny see then get rejected by married sims and sometimes they even keep trying and sometimes works, really asides some let' down here and there basically almost every trait in sims 3 in my game work, some are more obvious while others more hard, a good exemple swin love, i see more peoples which dont have this trait going to beach than ones with this trait, or going to public pools, but i sometimes see then bathing a lot in they home pools, but things like animal party i see working, because i see then a lot in the bars, night clubs or even enter as uninvited guest in some party private partys.

i have a singer sim and she appear on almost every place with shows with her personnal paparazzi, maybe can be the mods(i'm using nrass and awesome mod) but many things really work as i wished to work in sims 4 but dont work at all, that is what making me hook more for sims 3 than sims 4 at this moment, while sometimes i get in some lag, crash or freezing, at last i can play for hours before really have a problem and all the places are full of sims no matter where i go i can aways find sims and not just the same faces as happen in sims 4, in sims 3 if don lotario is on the gym a, he will be on gym a, if i go to gym b he not will be at gym b or not follow me to gym b or not will be at the bar if i go to the bar(well he can appear later but not will be automatically in the same place).

i'm playing a dowloaded world, which looks really cool(legacy island) i have more than 200+ sims in my game and the many public places aways have at last 1 to 2 sims until i arrive on that place and more sims appear, my record was 29 sims inside a bar, doing a really funny party, and i see sims acting really different from each others, i already see sims kissing, fighint, making fun, i get a teen making a trap in the sink of a community lot, most of the laughts i wanted have in sims 4 i currently have in sims 3

what make me hook really for ts3 is because i feel like playing a city simulation game, i really feel like living in a alive city with really different sims, where almost each one almost looks unique(partr i my fault for aways try to choose almost the same traits and part really because the system is really not perfect and sometimes the sims try to behavious in almost the same way like in sims 4 but this is big tuned down and more balanced where actually many traits ending making the difference and make that sim look a little more unique).
    Post edited by Ellessarr on
    tumblr_mfiuwmQOLI1qgap4ho1_500.gif
  • Options
    Yes, I think so @ebuchala - even if they are a family you have played before. My regular sims do weird things completely contradictory to their usual personalities when they become NPCs. They are just the same sims in pixels alone, They dress and look like them- but are just random shell people like you said.

Ok, I totally don't remember the thread (hopefully it wasn't in the middle of this one, but I don't think so). Someone posted a series of screenshots showing two sims from two different hh and whenever he stopped controlling one or switched between them, the uncontrolled Sim would get into a completely unwarranted mood (I think it was very angry). When the player wasn't controlling them, they would play out this scene where they were angry and fighting but as soon as the player took control, the controlled sim would return to whatever mood he was in before. It was almost like they were leading double lives--one that was completely directly by the player and another alternate personality that behaved totally different. Which is weird to me since there isn't much actual story progression in the game. I really do think they're onto something with the emotions, they just need to seriously tweak how they function.

And if you were the person who posted that, I'm going to be really embarrassed. :D
  • Options
    Hee- no I wasn't me, but I do remember the post you are referring to, I think it had it's own thread, very good it was too.
  • Options
    Frogprincess_qFrogprincess_q Posts: 1,269 Member
    ebuchala wrote: »

Ok, I totally don't remember the thread (hopefully it wasn't in the middle of this one, but I don't think so). Someone posted a series of screenshots showing two sims from two different hh and whenever he stopped controlling one or switched between them, the uncontrolled Sim would get into a completely unwarranted mood (I think it was very angry). When the player wasn't controlling them, they would play out this scene where they were angry and fighting but as soon as the player took control, the controlled sim would return to whatever mood he was in before. It was almost like they were leading double lives--one that was completely directly by the player and another alternate personality that behaved totally different. Which is weird to me since there isn't much actual story progression in the game. I really do think they're onto something with the emotions, they just need to seriously tweak how they function.

And if you were the person who posted that, I'm going to be really embarrassed. :D

They are working on story progression, but currently there is a strange broken mess instead. And it cannot be controlled at the player end, which is even worse.

Thank you EmberDahl for bringing such wit and levity to the forums. Somehow, you manage to show the best and worst of Sims 4 at the same time.
    Edits made and not mentioned will be for typos.

- Froggie
    1nr15n0.jpg
    WIP: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/851667/australian-world-version-1-0-uploaded/p1
  • Options
    Frogprincess_qFrogprincess_q Posts: 1,269 Member
    What you said about Mr S. putting out the fire, reminded me of the mean evil sim I made. I was making her socialise with some random townie dude who was walking down the street and it was making him uncomfortable, but it bothered me that she was nearly dying of embarrassment herself. What does she care that some random dude doesn't like her? No fiendinsh delight at his discomfort, even? Admittedly, I was using the "flirt" interaction from the romance section, as opposed to "sexually harrass" (bet that gets censored) from some mean category because thankfully it doesn't exist (and I am ashamed that I was making my hapless sim harrass some random townie :confounded: ) and she didn't have the shameless trait from the apiration store. But the fiendish delight moodlet was quite amusing in TS3. I even had evil babies get fiendishly delighted that their diapers were grossing out their parents, lol.

I apologise if my post is a bit scattered. I am having some trouble getting the brain started today. I have workmen out in my yard and my dogs won't stop barking. I have a strong negative mood from annoying sound :lol:
    Edits made and not mentioned will be for typos.

- Froggie
    1nr15n0.jpg
    WIP: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/851667/australian-world-version-1-0-uploaded/p1