Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

An Obnoxious Psychosausage tests the boundaries of the Sims 4 emotions

1434445464749...Next

Comments

• Options
    lisabee2lisabee2 Posts: 3,708 Member
    EmberDahl wrote: »
    I have to put 5 characters apparently...

Mr_sausages_EA_Hatred0001.jpg

Mr_sausages_EA_Hatred0002.jpg

Mr_sausages_EA_Hatred0003.jpg

Mr_sausages_EA_Hatred0004.jpg

Mr_sausages_EA_Hatred0005.jpg

You wish is my command Mr Sausages .. I will obey!
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    New readers can visit here first: In-a-NUTSHELL
    #EAgamechanger
  • Options
    nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member
    TheSimer wrote: »
    Can someone here give me a summary what this thread is about? I never bothered to read it because it is way to long, but i always see people talking about it since forever

@TheSimer - it was/is a comic series that highlighted the borked emotions system and the buggy game play. While some of the issues are no longer applicable two years in--for those of us who were frustrated with the issues from the base game it was comic relief. I think it was funny for players who enjoyed the game as well :relaxed:

Apparently the only way to read it is to go to another site now, so I won't be following it any more. Also, truth be told, I'm pretty content with my games (TS2, TS4) right now and don't need to be amused another way. Limited free time makes for prioritising *lol* I'd rather be playing the Sims and hanging in out in creators' communities and these forums waiting for the Pets announcement.

Still you should read it if you have the time. It was funny for its time and EmberDahl is a very talented storyteller :+1:
  • Options
    DKguruArtistDKguruArtist Posts: 299 Member
    Think one things i had most silly laugh about in weird EP designs dine out, where even when you get asked out to eat Chef Llama you still have to pay the bill. Plus you have to order all the food appearently other sim are very indecisive about what they want.
  • Options
    HappyFuzzyKittyHappyFuzzyKitty Posts: 452 Member
    Can Mr. Sausages please be on the Gallery?
    Hi. I'm Happy.
  • Options
    JenzupJenzup Posts: 1,620 Member
    I don't agree that everything is all sunshine and roses about the game all the sudden. Some players may be happy about some of the more recent releases but there are still lots of things missing (personally I thought the toddlers were very well done but the vampires are back to the same grinding up skills game play that in the end has little meaning or effect on the game, IMO). Some of us are still waiting to see if they fix how the sims react to each other (instead of just fleeting reactions to objects) and if they'll ever develop some individual personality, among other things.

Then of course there's the whole thing where they are apparently going to add little pieces and parts here and there and charge us separately for everything. ;)

It's been a while since I've played 3 I can't remember did they react to each other in that game? Or do you mean in 4 they react (unlike 3) but only with furniture and you'd like it more if they reacted more to each other?
    :o They listened and gave us toddlers! Thanks Devs your work is appreciated.
  • Options
    JenzupJenzup Posts: 1,620 Member
    Glad to see you posting again @EmberDahl ..I really enjoyed your new comic.

I too am of the mindset that Sims 4 is slowly improving, but it still has many flaws and some of the fundamental issues that the game had in the beginning are still present. The emotions system is still incredibly flawed and all Sims still mostly act the same and lack individual personality. The reactions to certain things have improved, but there's still not really any consequences for misbehavior. For example - romantic jealousy... They react to seeing their partner cheat now (which just makes them generically angry but not angry at the specific Sim) but it's ridiculously easy to repair the relationship because the Sims have no memory and they don't really care, so the reactions are still awfully superficial. In my Sims 3 game, even with the in-game memories disabled, my Sims still have some kind of internal memory that they were wronged and it is difficult to get them to get along with a cheating spouse for a good long time. That's what Sims 4 is lacking, any real meaningful reaction to bad events and long term consequences for said bad events.

It's getting to be almost as buggy as Sims 3 was these days, as well. I haven't even bought the vampire pack yet even though it's one of the major things I've been waiting for with this game because I'm waiting for them to fix the out of sync mouths and a few other nasty issues before I want to bother playing Sims 4 again. I've been having loads of fun in Sims 3 again after a 3 year hiatus.

I had sims who never would allow the relationship to be repaired in 3 no matter how hard I tried. In fact I don't remember ever repairing one broken relationship in sims 3 of course mine might have had a bug.
    :o They listened and gave us toddlers! Thanks Devs your work is appreciated.
  • Options
    Kilov17Kilov17 Posts: 1,795 Member
    @EmberDahl I love that Mr. Sausage, particularly his face; it just looks so perfectly to the point where he's a likable-- some might even say lovable character no matter what he does lol.
    Kilov17 (Gallery ID: SimOppresser)
    JrTlDGw.jpg
  • Options
    PancakesandwichPancakesandwich Posts: 2,038 Member
    Can Mr. Sausages please be on the Gallery?
    @HappyFuzzyKitty @EmberDahl
    PLLLLEEEEAAAASSSSEEEE? *puppy eyes*
  • Options
    pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    EmberDahl wrote: »
    by the way, what is your beef sausage with SimsVip Rlong? if it wasn't for them, I wouldn't have bothered coming back. They asked nicely - that is all.

Oh yay! You're back!!! :smiley: I HOPE!!!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,428 Member
    Sims3 Lurker: This thread is potentially dangerous to your health and to your computer system. :D Nearly choked on my drink reading this and nearly sprayed my monitor with cola.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    Darn.....was I saw this in my notifications I thought @EmberDahl might have made an appearance.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    dag....I thought she was back! :) I know what you mean @Nikkei_Simmer. Miss this thread very much!
  • Options
    princess_kaguyaprincess_kaguya Posts: 508 Member
    Iconic