Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Monthly Building Challenge!!!!Challenge 2 Now Open!!!

Comments

• Options
    Ivanna420Ivanna420 Posts: 5,432 Member
    Thanks @rosemow, I'm still not sure about it. I like the sim but I'm not sure there's really much difference. Plus, I want my purple background back. I just can't get used to the blue...lol

@Naley22 - I'm kind of thinking maybe any world, but a universal one might work too. I'll wait a little longer to see if anyone else has an opinion before I decide.

I have officially lost internet completely at my computer, at least for the time being, but I do have access from my phone, so I think we're still OK. It might take me a little longer to get things posted and my pics might have to stop but thats about it. I hope. *crosses fingers*
    140820-HBmsSZamsz7b.gif
  • Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,998 Member
    I like the purple best too, @Ivanna420 and I think Egypt or any works fine.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,615 Member
    Hello @Ivanna420 I am sorry to hear that you have lost Internet connection to your computer. It is not good. I hope that you can find a way for it to be restored for you very soon. It is good that you still have some access through your phone.
  • Options
    @ciane - I think that while my internet is down i'm going to work on changing the background on the new one and see what it looks like. If it doesn't look good I'm going back to the other one..lol
    140820-HBmsSZamsz7b.gif
  • Options
    @rosemow - thanks I'm hoping it won't be out for too long.
    140820-HBmsSZamsz7b.gif
  • Options
    PittonPitton Posts: 210 Member
    My wip :) things may change but for now that's where I'm at.

Screenshot-72_zpsy9trygrt.jpg
  • Options
    Your WIP looks so very nice! @Pitton :) The layout of the build is very great! It looks very nice how you have done the stairs down to the pool and diming patio! The patio is very nice! Sims will enjoy cooking on the bbq there and eating their meals in the sunshine at the tables. The rock waterfall fountain feature is very nice! The levels and terrain of the build looks very great!
    The WIP is looking very nice! :) Continue to enjoy working on your nice tropical home retreat build !
  • Options
    @Pitton - your WIP looks great! I can't wait to see the finished lot. That looks like there's a lot of CFE involved. I just don't know how you guys do it. I wish I was that good with CFE. I usually avoid playing with the terrain like that because of having to use CFE to build on it. Sometimes I can't quite get my lots to look exactly the way I envisioned it because of it and I end up scraping them. :/
    140820-HBmsSZamsz7b.gif
  • Options
    @Pitton - I love the rock/fountain area.

@Ivanna420 - It mostly just looks like MOO to me with the rocks.
  • Options
    Thank you rosemow, Ivanna420 and ciane :) And ciane you are right it's MOO with the rocks as a matter of fact I didn't use CEF at all.
  • Options
    Sweet2Sweet2 Posts: 1,736 Member
    Entry Form
    User Name: Sweet2
    Challenge Number: 1
    Lot Name: Island Escape (build on Refuge Island, Isla Paradiso)
    Lot Size Used: 25x30
    No CC or CC Used: No CC

Challenge Entry Pictures (Please limit entry pics to 8 for this thread and list a link to additional pics):
    Screenshot-13_zpsdnosxqlk.jpg
    Screenshot-14_zpsz7frqh51.jpg
    Screenshot-15_zpsgmrpv7rx.jpg
    Screenshot-17_zpsolel2se1.jpg
    Screenshot-16_zpsu8ycxygw.jpg

Link to download (if uploaded): http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8615505
    My Page Another lot and Household Uploaded :)

• Options
    @Sweet2 - Yay! You got it posted. Your retreat looks very nice and cozy. Man, I wish I could build small. I have rec'd it for you and I will be downloading it as soon as I get internet back toy computer. :p
    140820-HBmsSZamsz7b.gif
  • Options
    Thank you @Ivanna420 :)

• Options
    Naley22Naley22 Posts: 1,147 Member
    @Sweet2 nice! it does look very cozy and a nice getaway!
  • Options
    @Sweet2 real nice build. Love the colors :) downloading now
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    As you guys can see I LOVE the beach so I'll be downloading all your houses. It's always nice to play with different builds.
    @Naley22 love your build. downloading it
    @ciane would love to download yours too. It seems to have beautiful views.
    @Ivanna420 love it! It reminds me of a resort. Downloading too lol
  • Options
    I love the sandy wallpaper and all that light wood, @Sweet2 !
  • Options
    Thanks everyone :smiley: and your WIP looks great @Pitton :) is it the island that you only have to approach to unlock?

• Options
    Island Escape is very nice! @Sweet2 :) The front steps and porch entrance to the home is nice. Nice shade of blue that you have used for the exterior of the home. It looks very nice how you have built the home over the water. Very nice waterside deck area for sims to enjoy sitting relaxing on the loungers enjoying the sea air. It looks nice how you have placed the windows in the build. Very nice layout of the interior of the home. The sandy wall paper looks nice and suits well the type of build and location of the home. It looks great how you have the circular dining table eating area beside the kitchen counters. Sims will enjoy eating their freshly cooked meals at the table there. The blue colour of the masterbed is calming for sleeping in. It looks great that you have angled the dresser into the corner of the room. Very nice tv watching area. It looks nice how you hsve placed the sofas there for sims to enjoy sitting resting, watching a tv program with the sunshine coming in through the windows behind the tv. Thry will enjoy chatting there too. Nice corner study desk nook for sims to enjoy using a computer at or reading a book.
    It is a very nice tropical retreat home :)
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Hi everyone - I'm a little slow doing all this from my phone, but I'm trying to get caught up on everything.

@Sweet2 - I did manage to get your entry added to the list. :p

@pitton - I really thought those stairs took CFE. Maybe I need to work with placing those more. My stairs never work for me like that. Even the two level deck I did took forever for me yo get the stairs to place at all. I wanted the bottom deck lower than it is but couldn't get the stairs to place. That why I thought you had used CFE on your lot.
    140820-HBmsSZamsz7b.gif
  • Options
    Thank you @rosemow :)

And thank you @Ivanna420 for the gift :)

• Options
    good-morning-cat-sparkle-ag1.gif

Good morning everyone. I hope you are all having a wonderfully relaxing Sunday. As you can see, I have figured out how to post pics from the internet with my phone. Today, my goal is to figure out a way to get pics off my computer to my phone, then to the internet, then posted here. Not a lofty goal at all...lol
    140820-HBmsSZamsz7b.gif
  • Options
    @sweet2 It's a locked island, I used the cheat of unlock it.
    @Ivanna420 It took a lot of time and patience for the stairs ;)
  • Options
    Pitton wrote: »
    As you guys can see I LOVE the beach so I'll be downloading all your houses. It's always nice to play with different builds.
    @Naley22 love your build. downloading it
    @ciane would love to download yours too. It seems to have beautiful views.
    @Ivanna420 love it! It reminds me of a resort. Downloading too lol

Then, I shall see if I can find the lot and upload it for you.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    @ciane - Yay! I can also download it, but then I can also give it the rec it deserves...lol ;)
    140820-HBmsSZamsz7b.gif