March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

List of Challenges (Legacy and Other) for Sims 4

Comments

• aronator04aronator04 Posts: 4 New Member
    Final Destination Challenge-
    You make four sims; two girls, two boys. Next you move them in. After you move them in, bulldoze their house, go to map mode, and pick one of these four destinations for your sims to live at FOREVER!!!!-
    The Desert Blossom Park, The Movers And Shakers Gym, The Willow Creek Arches Library, or the Rattlesnake Juice Bar. GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! XD
  • aronator04aronator04 Posts: 4 New Member
    Final Destination Challenge-
    You make four sims; two girls, two boys. Next you move them in. After you move them in, bulldoze their house, go to map mode, and pick one of these four destinations for your sims to live at FOREVER!!!!-
    The Desert Blossom Park, The Movers And Shakers Gym, The Willow Creek Arches Library, or the Rattlesnake Juice Bar. GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! XD
  • MariahDandelionMariahDandelion Posts: 35 Member
    I need help, im trying the teen runaway challenge and I fished up two cow plant berries and I dont know if I can use them or sell them or what :neutral: HELP
  • VihishaVihisha Posts: 2,767 Member
    edited March 2015
    I need help, im trying the teen runaway challenge and I fished up two cow plant berries and I dont know if I can use them or sell them or what :neutral: HELP

I'm under the impression that all of that is fair game =) Here's the link 2 that challenge
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/790920/bringing-back-the-runaway-teen-challenge/p1
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • pc_geek115pc_geek115 Posts: 5 New Member
    Hi guys. I have a challenge for you all to try, if you're interested. I've done some research, and I didn't see any knowledge of this challenge out there. This challenge is similar to the 100 Baby Challenge, but it's completely different.

100 Heartbreak Challenge

The purpose of this challenge is to break 100 hears in your chosen Sim's life. You might want to consider playing on "Long" lifespan since the Sim you choose will be the only Sim doing the challenge. You also have to complete all 100 heartbreaks before your Sim dies. If you fail to do this, the challenge is over.

1. No cheats. One mod will be accepted, if you so choose to use it. The mod is the "Billionaire Mod" (from modthesims.info)

2. You cannot marry anyone. You also cannot get engaged. You must be in a relationship with someone (whether it be male or female) before you can "break their heart". You are allowed to woohoo with your boyfriend/girlfriend, but you cannot get them pregnant. If one of the Sims is pregnant, the challenge is over.

3. The only time you can leave the house is to find other Sims to date. Other than that, you cannot travel to another location. You may go to whatever location you like to find someone to date.

4. Pick traits and an aspiration that will help you in the game. Example: the "Love" aspiration's "Serial Romantic" wants to play the field and basically date as many people as they can. The "Romantic" trait would be great to work with; it will make it easier to get into relationships with other Sims.

I thought this would be a fun challenge to do. I have a "Let's Play" for it on my YouTube channel. If you are interested in seeing how it's done, you can find me at Paul K on YouTube. And if you like the challenge, or any of my other videos, please subscribe. Also, my Origin ID is LPGWP (which means, Let's Play Games With Paul)
  • Nicarra60Nicarra60 Posts: 2,916 Member
    edited March 2015
    Hey @pc_geek115

I'll put it on the list - but a few questions and a comment. The comment first - your challenge cannot be both 'similar to' AND 'completely different' than the 100 baby challenge. I'd actually leave that sentence out of the description altogether since it adds no information.

Is the mod so the house has money? If so, can the money just be cheated into the household rather than installing a mod?

Why the restriction on pregnancy? If your heartbreaker sim is female, why can't she have kids if you want?

Why the restriction on leaving the house? If my Sim goes to a location and doesn't find a date, would that end the challenge?

In Sims 4, are there even 100 Sims to find to break their hearts in a single generation?

This is a good challenge for difficulty levels: Easy - 20 hearts broken, Normal - 50 hearts broken, Legendary - 100 hearts broken
    My Sim Story blogs -- Hi Mum, It's Sammy || WA with the Grants || Art flows through || Sims Short Stories (Adult content warning)
  • pc_geek115pc_geek115 Posts: 5 New Member
    Apparently I didn't think this whole thing through. I just thought it would be cool to try out. You asked if there were 100 Sims to find? If there weren't 100 Sims in the game, then how would the 100 Baby Challenge be completed? I'm sure there would be. And no, that wouldn't end the challenge. I just tried to make this challenge seem impossible to complete is all. And I said it was similar to the 100 Baby Challenge because you have to break 100 hearts in a certain amount of time, which is before your Sim dies. In the 100 Baby Challenge, you can pass it down to each generation to contine the challenge with, but as for my challenge, you only have yourself to do it with.
    pc_geek115 wrote: »
    Apparently I didn't think this whole thing through. I just thought it would be cool to try out. You asked if there were 100 Sims to find? If there weren't 100 Sims in the game, then how would the 100 Baby Challenge be completed? I'm sure there would be. And no, that wouldn't end the challenge. I just tried to make this challenge seem impossible to complete is all. And I said it was similar to the 100 Baby Challenge because you have to break 100 hearts in a certain amount of time, which is before your Sim dies. In the 100 Baby Challenge, you can pass it down to each generation to contine the challenge with, but as for my challenge, you only have yourself to do it with.

The 100 baby challenge doesn't necessarily require 100 different parents. You should do fertility treatment early (whatever the ts4 equal is) so twins and triplets speed things up. Also last time I looked, it can be a multi-generational thing.

So is there a reason behind the 'no pregnancy' and 'no leaving the lot' rules? Or did you just feel the need to have a few more rules than the basic - Break 100 hearts
    - Don't marry or get engaged (actually a good idea if you are going to break every heart in town)
    - if the Sim dies or a pregnancy results - you have lost the challenge.
    My Sim Story blogs -- Hi Mum, It's Sammy || WA with the Grants || Art flows through || Sims Short Stories (Adult content warning)
  • DaniiPantiiesDaniiPantiies Posts: 62 Member
    Hey! I just added The Sims 3 I'm A Lover Challenge reworked for The Sims 4. It is posted in the category. I cannot post the link to it, but it is called: THE SIMS 4 I'M A LOVER CHALLENGE 10 GENERATIONS
  • ddominicddominic Posts: 352 Member
    edited March 2015
    Hello so I'm thinking maybe you could add my two challenges to the list?
    I can't link them, so I'm just gonna quote the rules.

THE IMPREGNATOR CHALLENGE
    RULES:
    -Create a young adult male sim with the Serial Romantic aspiration, he must have the Noncomittal trait.
    -Move him into any beginner lot, and decorate his bachelor pad without use of any money cheats.
    -The sim must impregnate atleast ten women before becoming an adult.
    -The sim must complete The Serial Romantic aspiration before becoming an adult.
    -The sim cannot get married until he completes the Serial Romantic aspiration.
    -You must play on normal age setting.
    OPTIONAL RULES:
    -The sim should have crazy skin color, eye color, hair color, facial features, just so it will be more fun to see how the child looks like.
    -The sim should have the Materialistic trait, but he will not join any career. He will marry a wealthy woman when he will be able to, even if that will mean asking her to break up with his husband or killing him.
    -The sim doesn't have to get married, but when any of his children become teenagers, he has to ask all of them to move in until the household is full and you can only move them out when they become young adults.
    -The sim should have the Hates Children trait, just for fun I guess.

THE NEIGHBORHOOD WISHES CHALLENGE
    @ddominic said:
    RULES:
    -You must rotate between each pre-made family in one or both worlds and play them for the same amount of time.
    -The goal is to complete as many whims as possible, with at least minimum of five during the day.
    -You can get married, have children, make romances any time to keep the story going since you keep switching between different families lives. - You need to complete atleast a minimum of four aspirations, but you can always complete as many as you can/want.
    -You are allowed to use custom content, mods, custom traits, lifespans.
    -You can buy any rewards if you like.
    -When half of the young adult stage has passed, you can't change a sim's aspiration unless you complete one.
    -Play with auto-age for non-played families off, so you can play rotations for equal time and nobody else ages.
    > POINT SYSTEM:
    +1pt for every completed whim
    +3pts for every completed aspiration goal (e.g. if you complete the Big Happy Family aspiration, you will have a total of 33 points earned from it)
    -1pt for any CAS fulleditmode edit, which pretty much means for any "plastic surgery"
    -1pt for any use of a money, aspiration, skill, relationship, etc. cheat
  • jms62511jms62511 Posts: 167 Member
    @Nicarra60 I think what @pc_geek115 is trying to say is that the 100 Baby Challenge is passed down to each generation. Meaning, when the matriarch dies, the youngest girl must contine the challenge, and so on and so on. With his challenge, the Sim you create is the only one that can do the challenge. And he did say he was trying to make it impossible, but fun. Not every challenge someone creates is going to be flawless.
    New Beginnings - Story on my Instagram page, bloominglotussims
  • EuphorialQueenEuphorialQueen Posts: 6,224 Member
    jms62511 wrote: »
    @Nicarra60 I think what @pc_geek115 is trying to say is that the 100 Baby Challenge is passed down to each generation. Meaning, when the matriarch dies, the youngest girl must continue the challenge, and so on and so on. With his challenge, the Sim you create is the only one that can do the challenge. And he did say he was trying to make it impossible, but fun. Not every challenge someone creates is going to be flawless.
    @jms62511 I see your point about challenges are not all flawless. But if you are going to create a challenge you should also test it for playability. The Rosebud Challenge and Rosebud 500K Solitaire were both created and tested by me. After playing them thru to the end at least once I offered them for testing by other players. Then I posted them here. I am very appreciative of anyone who tests out their proposed challenge.
    edited March 2015
    I think that @Nicarra60 brings up some very valid points about @pc_geek115 's proposed challenge. When u make a challenge...it's nice 2 hear/see things from multiple angles....how can u expect 2 make something that someone is actually going 2 play....if there aren't clear rules set out?! I don't think Nicarra was being condescending or anything....just trying 2 gather as much info as possible before adding it as a challenge on the list 4 others 2 try out.

Play testing, like @EuphorialQueen states...is pretty crucial. I spent hours going over my "ideas" before even getting some play tester friends involved when I came up w/The Drifter Challenge. It's a constant rinse & repeat as The Drifter Challenge is ongoing challenge that I release a house mini-challenge once a month & not a 1 time thing. If it's not ready within the time constraints I've set up...they won't b released....I'd rather keep them on the drawing board than unleash, what I would consider, an unfinished product.

@jms62511 all challenges r not flawless....but checking 4 even play possibility....yeah...that should happen

Ideas 4 a challenge of any type should definitely b brought 2 light...there r some VERY creative Simmers here....but maybe in the future....a new thread could b made when someone comes up w/a possible challenge idea 4 bouncing around the ideas instead?! I assumed that this thread was more of a place 4 challenges already set into place...or ready 2 b "published" so 2 speak. Somewhere u could "flag" a good challenge that "belongs" on the list....or have some banter about the challenges already there.

@pc_geek115 U have a great idea 4 a challenge...iron out the kinks...give it a play test & set solid rules....I think u have a great start on a challenge that could really work! =)
    Post edited by Vihisha on
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • jms62511jms62511 Posts: 167 Member
    I believe it was @pc_geek115's first time creating a challenge, so he didn't really think it through. @Vihisha, I wasn't aware that this thread was only for challenges that already existed. I saw people comment about challenges they created, so I thought that anyone could post their challenges here.
    New Beginnings - Story on my Instagram page, bloominglotussims
    @Vihisha, I wasn't aware that this thread was only for challenges that already existed. I saw people comment about challenges they created, so I thought that anyone could post their challenges here.

That very well may b....I personally was of the impression that it was a "table of contents" page set up 4 ease of finding a link 2 the different challenges....so someone looking 4 a change of pace could browse through all the possible choices. I'm not saying discussing or posting them here is a bad thing...please don't take it that way. I just think it might b best if whoever has an idea were 2 post it in a separate thread so they could develop it a bit 1st & gather some ideas etc...then bring it 2 the table...yanno?!

rXyqmuX.jpg
    @Nicarra60 I think what @pc_geek115 is trying to say is that the 100 Baby Challenge is passed down to each generation. Meaning, when the matriarch dies, the youngest girl must continue the challenge, and so on and so on. With his challenge, the Sim you create is the only one that can do the challenge. And he did say he was trying to make it impossible, but fun. Not every challenge someone creates is going to be flawless.
    @jms62511 I see your point about challenges are not all flawless. But if you are going to create a challenge you should also test it for playability. The Rosebud Challenge and Rosebud 500K Solitaire were both created and tested by me. After playing them thru to the end at least once I offered them for testing by other players. Then I posted them here. I am very appreciative of anyone who tests out their proposed challenge.
    There are a few things that I do love to see for a challenge.
    • The person who wrote the challenge has actually tried it.
    • It may be difficult to achieve but every challenge should have a clear objective that can be accomplished.
    • The rules for the challenge are clear.
    • There is a reason for each of the rules - if my Sim is not allowed to travel off their home lot, there should be a reason for that.
    • Unless it is a really quick challenge - you really need to make finances clear. Can they have a job? Can they earn money from writing/painting/crafting? Is cheating for money allowed?
    So, those are the points that make your challenge appear on the master list faster. If your challenge is well thought out and looks achievable in the time frame, then it should make the list.

I have listed nearly every challenge proposed. But a few 'challenges' failed to have any point to them. A couple had such badly written rules that I could make no sense of them. But if the challenge seems to generate interest in the forum, or gets a few people who do work out good rules, they can eventually get listed.
    I believe it was @pc_geek115's first time creating a challenge, so he didn't really think it through. @Vihisha, I wasn't aware that this thread was only for challenges that already existed. I saw people comment about challenges they created, so I thought that anyone could post their challenges here.

If you check the list, the 100 heartbreak challenge is up there. I was just hoping for a few better rule definitions.

It's not the only challenge like that - rules for the Truman Show challenge are also posted to this discussion.

That said, if you create a new thread for your proposed challenge - it's easier for people to discuss the specifics of just your challenge. But I don't ignore a challenge if the only place to find the rules is in the thread.
  • IndyfayeIndyfaye Posts: 12 New Member
    edited March 2015
    Sims 4 the goddess challenge
    Hera Noble
    Aphrodite Noble
    Nike Noble
    Daenerys-Athena Noble

I'm putting a twist on the story of the great goddesses (btw I just love GOT so you don't have make Athena like Daenerys but I would like if u did so)

Because they are goddess they must be immortal but they can be killed but only is it's an something random like fire or something like that.

So... You must drink cow-plant milk or have a potion

Hera Noble-Queen of the Gods
    Goddess of Marriage, Women, Childbirth, and Family

Hera is the mother to all 3 girls but she must be an adult but never become an elder if u want make her an young adult but that's kinds weird so... Just so you know Hera hated a quite few people, so Hera must have hate everyone but 2 daughters, so I want Hera to try to kill everyone in the town.(but children and teens and her daughters)
    Hera must have keep her name but you can change the last name if you want to.
    Hera's Traits
    -Family-Oriented
    -Snob
    - Hot-Headed
    Aspiration:
    Public Enemy
    Complete this one after public enemy:
    Successful Lineage

Aphrodite Noble-Goddess of love, beauty and sexuality
    Aphrodite is Hera step-daughter (just make daughter or roommate). And Hera don't like her because all men she dates cheats on her with Aphrodite. Aphrodite is must marry someone named Hephaestus and cheat on him without being seen by anyone. But if she is seen Hephaestus must be killed with fire or cow-plant. <ONLY GUY> in household. But Aphrodite must have a lover every night after the first 3 nights. Aphrodite may have a boyfriend after Hephaestus but he must be pre made and placed in the world and his name must be Adonis.
    Aphrodite must have keep her name but you can change the last name if you want to.
    Aphrodite's traits
    -Noncommittal
    -Outgoing
    -Romantic
    Aspiration:
    Hopeful Romantic

Nike and Daenerys-Athena Noble-are pretty much twins Nike is the goddess of victory and Daenerys-Athena Noble is the Goddess of craft,Goddess of Wisdom, Goddess of Military victory
    Nike is compared to Athena and she dislikes it very much. So she do have wings but sims don't have wings yet... So work that in to her look (the airy look)
    Daenerys-Athena is to remain virgin. Just cause she is. And the is a powerful and strong. Plus I said early if Hephaestus catches Aphrodite. Hephaestus must die and Athena "must set it up" because he try's to hurt her.
    Can change Daenerys-Athena name but Athena must be in it
    Nike name must remain the same
    Nike's traits
    -Active
    -Loner
    -Ambitious
    Aspiration:
    Renaissance Sim
    Athena's traits
    -Active
    -Creative
    -Genius
    Aspiration:(order do not matter)
    Nerd Brain
    Computer Whiz
    RULES::
    -Must live in a castle
    -gods and goddess had unlimited amount of money so motherlode is allowed<ONLY MOTHERLODE>
    -Hera and Aphrodite are the only goddesses that can sleep with people but Aphrodite take Hera's lovers and only sleeps with them
    -if/when Hera catches Aphrodite Hera kills the person Aphrodite with
    -Athena and Hera are the only goddesses allowed to fight
    -If you are brave enough to have kids Hera and Aphrodite are the only goddesses allowed to have kids they
    -If you do have kids (I don't think you should) they must be named after gods and goddesses
    -Nike have wings if can do that she don't need that "airy look" but she looks like Athena
    -Once again goal is to make everyone Hera's enemy and kill them all
    -Don't kill Hera's children
    -Aphrodite is Hera's enemy
    -HAVE FUN!!!

I would love to see ideas you all have
    This is my first so...
    @Nicarra60 is there anyway I can change it
  • MoonSimmerMoonSimmer Posts: 85 Member
    edited March 2015
    Still accepting links to challenges? Im working on a Prettacy :)
    ea2.jpg
    In the sims, you rule! kinda
    MoonSimmer wrote: »
    Still accepting links to challenges? Im working on a Prettacy :)

The list points to rules for various challenges. If you want to discuss your prettacy - you probably need a new discussion. Post a link to the main legacy thread - I think discussions of all the various legacy variations are allowed.
    @Indyfaye While it reads like you've put a lot of thought into telling a story of goddesses - it doesn't sound like a Sims 4 challenge. On the other hand, it sounds like you are ready to tell an awesome story.

Take a look at The Four Immortal Sisters. For gameplay purposes, this is a lot clearer. Each of the four sisters has a role in the household and there's a lot more about how to play. Not just setting up the various Sims.

Mind you, the end result seems the same. Hera/Fire sister kills everyone in town over the age of teen.

Geeky note: Hera was not the mother of any of those goddesses - but her husband Zeus was the father of a couple of them. (Source: Wikipedia)
  • ddominicddominic Posts: 352 Member
    Soo, umm, will you add my challenges to the list?
  • IndyfayeIndyfaye Posts: 12 New Member
    edited March 2015
    @Nicarra60 I know hera's story I was trying to put a twist on it
    BTW thanks will do :)
  • EuphorialQueenEuphorialQueen Posts: 6,224 Member
    ddominic wrote: »
    Hello so I'm thinking maybe you could add my two challenges to the list?
    I can't link them, so I'm just gonna quote the rules.
    THE IMPREGNATOR CHALLENGE
    RULES:
    -Create a young adult male Sim with the Serial Romantic aspiration, he must have the Noncomittal trait.
    -Move him into any beginner lot, and decorate his bachelor pad without use of any money cheats.
    -The Sim must impregnate at least ten women before becoming an adult.
    -The Sim must complete The Serial Romantic aspiration before becoming an adult.
    -The Sim cannot get married until he completes the Serial Romantic aspiration.
    -You must play on normal age setting.
    OPTIONAL RULES:
    -The Sim should have crazy skin color, eye color, hair color, facial features, just so it will be more fun to see how the child looks like.
    -The Sim should have the Materialistic trait, but he will not join any career. He will marry a wealthy woman when he will be able to, even if that will mean asking her to break up with his husband or killing him.
    -The Sim doesn't have to get married, but when any of his children become teenagers, he has to ask all of them to move in until the household is full and you can only move them out when they become young adults.
    -The Sim should have the Hates Children trait, just for fun I guess.

THE NEIGHBORHOOD WISHES CHALLENGE
    @ddominic said:
    RULES:
    -You must rotate between each pre-made family in one or both worlds and play them for the same amount of time.
    -The goal is to complete as many whims as possible, with at least minimum of five during the day.
    -You can get married, have children, make romances any time to keep the story going since you keep switching between different families lives. - You need to complete at-least a minimum of four aspirations, but you can always complete as many as you can/want.
    -You are allowed to use custom content, mods, custom traits, lifespans.
    -You can buy any rewards if you like.
    -When half of the young adult stage has passed, you can't change a Sim's aspiration unless you complete one.
    -Play with auto-age for non-played families off, so you can play rotations for equal time and nobody else ages.
    > POINT SYSTEM:
    +1pt for every completed whim
    +3pts for every completed aspiration goal (e.g. if you complete the Big Happy Family aspiration, you will have a total of 33 points earned from it)
    -1pt for any CAS fulleditmode edit, which pretty much means for any "plastic surgery"
    -1pt for any use of a money, aspiration, skill, relationship, etc. cheat
    ddominic wrote: »
    Soo, umm, will you add my challenges to the list?
    These are two different challenges? Or different stages of the same one?
    Have you tested / played the challenge(s) to be sure the goals can be achieved?
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top