Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Game Time - tell us what you think

Comments

• Options
    monia_vukmonia_vuk Posts: 121 Member
    There are no toddlers.
  • Options
    Pugslover4Pugslover4 Posts: 2,849 Member
    monia_vuk wrote: »
    There are no toddlers.
    I won't buy the Sims 4 unless they give us toddlers!
    9cac0e69-be99-4238-b1c8-e9ef2f5d7718_zps38d42068.jpg
    I owned the store! Yahoo!
  • Options
    Skyfri_HimmelSkyfri_Himmel Posts: 846 Member
    I was dissapointed as well that there were no toddlers. This is a huge step back in The sims series.
    Origin ID: Kaffepigen

I've started a picture story on imgur! There is both from sims 3 and sims 4, so a little from both worlds! ^_^
    The Sims 3 picture story: imgur.com/a/5A0Sg

The Sims 4 picture story: imgur.com/a/xyPhW
  • Options
    whatisit1326YTwhatisit1326YT Posts: 61 Member
    sims 4 needs a dishwasher..... for free this time.
  • Options
    HeyBailsHeyBails Posts: 672 Member
    I've never played any sims games before, so I don't have anything to compare it to, but I love love love Sims 4! I just wish it was easier to switch between households that you're playing.
  • Options
    HeyBailsHeyBails Posts: 672 Member
    Also I do wish there were more lots available.
  • Options
    IHasGamerIHasGamer Posts: 61 Member
    1.I Want Teen Pregnancy in the game: And maybe you could get a sad mood let saying :Made a Big mistake last night: then when u tell the parents they would either be mad or support u. I only wanted teen pregnancy because everyone. Admit it has got mods or testing cheats to get a teen pregnant on sims.

2.I want the teens to have prom like sims 3 how u could get asked or ask a boy to prom night and u dress up.

3.Parents takes vacation and teens could have party while they are gone and gets busted.

4.Kids could make friends in school when selected

5. you could have a longer sims portrait
    <iframe src="//giphy.com/embed/lJTRIa1IVH7gc" width="480" height="270" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="http://giphy.com/gifs/kill-sims-lJTRIa1IVH7gc">via GIPHY</a></p>
  • Options
    RaindropsRaindrops Posts: 389 Member
    IHasGamer wrote: »
    1.I Want Teen Pregnancy in the game: And maybe you could get a sad mood let saying :Made a Big mistake last night: then when u tell the parents they would either be mad or support u. I only wanted teen pregnancy because everyone. Admit it has got mods or testing cheats to get a teen pregnant on sims.

2.I want the teens to have prom like sims 3 how u could get asked or ask a boy to prom night and u dress up.

3.Parents takes vacation and teens could have party while they are gone and gets busted.

5. you could have a longer sims portrait

i sooo want EVERYTHING you said
    tumblr_oc39b9Vin11se7bv3o2_r1_500.gif
  • Options
    Pugslover4Pugslover4 Posts: 2,849 Member
    That's won't happen with teen pregnancy. It's will change the rated from "T" to "Adult"! That is why they make sure they keep it as rated T! :) Happy Simming!
    9cac0e69-be99-4238-b1c8-e9ef2f5d7718_zps38d42068.jpg
    I owned the store! Yahoo!
  • Options
    CWgenius12CWgenius12 Posts: 4 New Member
    -There should be more specific clothing designs, like the textures and patterns
    -More worlds to use, and no districts... the loading time is annoying
    -Create a World
    -More CAS options, makeup (blush), hair, clothes
    -Make it so that there can be more worlds to build on (more lots, etc.)

So far I am loving the game, but those are some suggestions!
  • Options
    No create a style (CAST) - NOT possible in future expansions. (x)
    No modifications to world/town/public spaces.
    No “normal” careers - Law enforcement, Medical, etc.
    No open world - You must incur a loading screen between each active lot; each neighborhood has 1-5 lots total.
    No terrain tools other than paint; the entire build-able world is completely flat.
    No story progression - Sims in the neighborhood age, but do not have children, get jobs, move, get married…etc. without player intervention.
    No toddlers.
    No way to create/place new lots - Only 2 empty lots at the start of the game
    All buildings on a lot must have the same foundation. No mixing for sheds, garages, etc.
    Babies are mere objects - All interactions are through basinet. There are no baby objects. Babies can only be lifted directly above basinet.
    Backgrounds are illusions - The buildings in the background are not playable in the game.
    Most of the area surrounding a lot is “decorative” and cannot be walked to or otherwise interacted with.
    Fewer floors/levels, limited to three.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Dishwasher!
  • Options
    SIGNIFICANTLY smaller “worlds” of 25 lots compared to 125+ lots in The Sims 3. (x)
    Smaller lots - Biggest lot size is 50x50 instead of 64x64.
    Loading screens for each individual lot.
    The map is a one-dimensional picture.
    No bikes
    No changing tables
    No cribs
    No dishwashers (x)
    No highchairs
    No hot tubs
    No pool tables
    No trash compactors (x)
  • Options
    StarduztStarduzt Posts: 83 Member
    [quote="IHasGamer;13371490"]1.I Want Teen Pregnancy in the game: And maybe you could get a sad mood let saying :Made a Big mistake last night: then when u tell the parents they would either be mad or support u. I only wanted teen pregnancy because everyone. Admit it has got mods or testing cheats to get a teen pregnant on sims.

5. you could have a longer sims portrait [/quote]

I hated those ideas I so don't want my kids playing that
  • Options
    ShaobunShaobun Posts: 1,155 Member
    @Starduzt you hate the idea of kids making friends at school???
    Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong. ~ Donald Porter
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    Shaobun wrote: »
    @Starduzt you hate the idea of kids making friends at school???

I assume they meant teen pregnancy.
    Very unlikely to happen because it would affect the certification on age range for the game. I can't see EA risking that.
  • Options
    JenzupJenzup Posts: 1,620 Member
    @StarDust so the mods for the teen pregnancy won't work for 4?
    :o They listened and gave us toddlers! Thanks Devs your work is appreciated.
  • Options
    DiaHornDiaHorn Posts: 1 New Member
    Well, I'm 236 hours into Sims 4 and overall I have to say I'm rather disappointed by the restrictions (as in, no basements, no vehicles to drive), WAY too-small worlds, and so few options as far as sparse choices in clothing, hairstyles, and objects useable by the Sims (such as diving boards, skateboards, playground equipment for the kids, like swing-sets, etc.). The actual gameplay and options took a bit of getting used to and I probably still have lots to learn; however, the smallness of the two worlds and their lots are issues I find seriously disappointing. There are no restaurants at which my Sims can eat or meet and the nightlife is limited to one 'lounge' type venue for each world. Though the graphics are good, they're also a little too 'cartoony' for my taste and details, such as individual leaves on trees, etc., are noticeably lacking. The overall body movements of the Sims is good, but then again, so was that type of movement for Sims in Sims 3. But I miss the fact that once again I'm limited to being able to build on only three levels and that's where the basements added so much to constructing your own buildings in Sims 3; even though you could still only build on three levels, the basement added a level that could be as large as the lot itself if you so chose. I find that the only two available empty lots per world are just not enough.

The loading screens that are mandatory while you travel from your Sims' home to, say, the Museum or Park in the same 'world' are just downright unacceptable!! I seriously do not understand why the Sims in Sims 4 can't just take a taxi to the Park or wherever; instead we have these immersion-interrupting loading screens that definitely detract from the gameplay. That just wasn't very well thought out by the devs, in my opinion! It would be great if the devs could figure out a way to get rid of those in-world loading screens for good, though I have a nasty feeling that that would involve a major overhaul of the Sims 4 game.

I've visited The Sims Resource several times and have downloaded just about everything that caught my eye (for Sims 4), from objects & hairstyles, to clothing and sets or lots (and there are some things available that just weren't very well thought out before being made available for download - like certain hairstyles and clothing, unfortunately). But once again, there seems to be a dearth of fan-made creations for Sims 4 as opposed to those available for free download for Sims 3. Of course, Sims 4 has only been playable since last August, but I honestly expected there to be more available by fans for Sims 4 on The Sims Resource. (Please don't suggest that I start creating my own stuff; I have absolutely no talent in that area!) I guess I should note that I played the Sims 3 for months on end before I felt the need to visit TSR for fan-made stuff; a fact that I think says a lot about the overall excellence of Sims 3.

I'm hoping that there will be more worlds created for Sims 4, and hopefully the lots in those new worlds will be larger and more plentiful than are available in the two existing Sims 4 worlds as it stands now. I find myself getting bored a little too quickly with Sims 4, while Sims 3 kept me occupied for months at a time over the last couple years. It would be great if the Sims 4 devs could create 'Seasons' and 'Pets' expansion packs for Sims 4; I really miss the changing of the seasons that I had in Sims 3 (making snowmen and snow angels was fun), as well as the option to go horseback riding or teaching my parrot to talk or taking my dog for a walk (especially in the snow). I miss a lot of stuff that was already available in-game for Sims 3 and am hoping that the devs are planning to create just as many expansion packs for the new Sims 4. Expansion packs would pretty much be the only thing that prevents me from uninstalling the game and just going back to Sims 3. I can't shake the feeling that Sims 4 was released FAR too early, while still incomplete; unless, of course, it's EA's intention to make as much money off the game as possible by providing expensive DLCs for stuff that was already free and included in Sims 3 (like basements and drivable vehicles). I certainly hope not! Sorry; I know there are probably hundreds of Sims fans who are absolutely in love with everything about Sims 4, but sadly, I'm just not one of them. It just seems to me that Sims 4 was released before it was completely finished and wasn't very well thought out by the devs. I'll hang in there for awhile longer to see if more improvements are offered or announced as being in progress, but it doesn't look hopeful for Sims 4 as the game stands now.
  • Options
    urygauryga Posts: 559 Member
    edited March 2015
    Enjoying the game, But....

I Just saw the Movie's of all the Sim's game. WOW, for $20.00 you got a lot of Items, Really... 64 New Items to 160 per. Expansion Pack plus the world.

What happened?
    We pay $40.00 or more now and get a lot less.
    It's Like "where's the beef ?" in the 80's
    Been Playing the Sim's Since Sim's 1 and its Been slowly expanding with the same theme from 1 to 3 and a few new ones.

When the Sims 3 came out I saved up my $$$ and I went and Bought a New Computer, Just so I could play it. No more Windows xp computer.
    Same Themes tho, until...
    The Sims 3 Island paradise came out, I really enjoy the fresh new Content. Yaaa something new.
    A New Land, New stuff to do, Fun Fun Fun.

In the Sim's 4, Now I'm Playing with smaller lots, Fewer Lots, less content, Sad to say "Same Bugs tho and a few new ones".
    I know it still early.
    Dusted off the Windows xp computer and I can now Play the Sims 4 on it like the Sim's 2.

I'd hate to see the Sim's 5
    A box of sticks and some glue for $150.00.

I Really hope you start going forward again.

Keep it fresh and FIX the Bugs Before you send it out.
    Our money isn't going anywhere.
    We'll still have it.

P.S. I Will Never Again Pre-order or Just rush out to buy Any EA Game again... I will wait for the reviews and post from now on. You have taught me a lesson $$$
    Post edited by uryga on
  • Options
    SimsLegendSontiaSimsLegendSontia Posts: 70 Member
    I'm enjoying the sims4! t's truly interesting, and now that I'm creating my own challenge, it's been really fun. Each of my sims have different traits, and I'm super stoked about the new expansion pack coming in April! Keep up the good work! This game has finally given all of us the freedom we needed. #ILALALALOVEIT
    Click Here To Read The Fuentes Family Values Now ---> mysims4journey.weebly.com/read-the-journey

nii.jpg
  • Options
    Zolt65Zolt65 Posts: 8,272 Member
    edited March 2015
    uryga wrote: »
    Enjoying the game, But....
    What happened?
    We pay $40.00 or more now and get a lot less.
    It's Like "where's the beef ?"

Sims1 Superstar...released 2003...TWELVE YEARS AGO

Soooo...what is in an expansion pack now? 3 jobs and 4 lots. ok

What was in an expansion pack 12 years ago...running LESS graphics?

Superstar

The Sims: Superstar is the sixth expansion pack for The Sims, released May 13, 2003 in North America.
    This expansion allows the player's Sims to become entertainment figures and includes representations of several famous personalities.
    A number of celebrities make cameo appearances but cannot be controlled by the player,
    and include Andy Warhol, Marilyn Monroe, Jon Bon Jovi, Christina Aguilera, Freddie Prinze, Jr.,
    Sarah McLachlan, Richie Sambora, and Avril Lavigne.

Superstar adds new work and leisure items, and a new destination called "Studio Town".
    This new destination functions as a workplace for celebrity sims where regular visits may be required to maintain their fame and career,
    marking the first time where players could follow their sims to work.

Non-celebrity sims may choose to visit Studio Town for leisure.

A whole new WORLD (not just some lots),

new jobs:
    movie star (3 different acting styles)
    modeling (3 different modelling styles)
    music (3 different music styles)

150 new items

new NPC characters and actions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuDrYHUnawo

Please, seriously, can anyone tell me honestly that this new EP is in anyway close to an EP released 12 years ago?

Honestly?

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Marcus Aurelius
  • Options
    LittleRedRidingSimLittleRedRidingSim Posts: 122 Member
    The Children don't really play ... only ON the pirated ship etc. But more play options are needed here. Like Sims2: Cops and robbers and Mary Mack interactions etc.
    I would LOVE some toddlers, but even just for the babies! We need more baby items. I routinely create "changing tables" using Move objects cheat and people love them in the gallery, but they don't work. Give us a changing table please. Babies need more things than just a basinet. We also have to create our own cribs, because those basinet type things are ... just so limiting!
    If you won't give us toddlers, at least give us baby stuff please!
    Thank you!
    g6e9pimv4c4c.png
  • Options
    shaquori324shaquori324 Posts: 32 Member
    the Sims 4 is a great game the only thing I think EA games should do is make another Sims 4 base game for more powerful laptops with added open world and toddlers, and cars, oh and more transportation systems such as trams, and buses.
    the main thing i don't like about the Sims 4 is there is no open world that is the main issue for me, if yal can make an open world expansion pack I will pay for it as long as it is between 20 and 30 dollars
  • Options
    crazygrl32084crazygrl32084 Posts: 114 Member
    > @Zolt65 said:
    > uryga wrote: »
    >
    > Enjoying the game, But....
    > What happened?
    > We pay $40.00 or more now and get a lot less.
    > It's Like "where's the beef ?"
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Sims1 Superstar...released 2003...TWELVE YEARS AGO
    >
    > Soooo...what is in an expansion pack now? 3 jobs and 4 lots. ok
    >
    > What was in an expansion pack 12 years ago...running LESS graphics?
    >
    > Superstar
    >
    > The Sims: Superstar is the sixth expansion pack for The Sims, released May 13, 2003 in North America.
    > This expansion allows the player's Sims to become entertainment figures and includes representations of several famous personalities.
    > A number of celebrities make cameo appearances but cannot be controlled by the player,
    > and include Andy Warhol, Marilyn Monroe, Jon Bon Jovi, Christina Aguilera, Freddie Prinze, Jr.,
    > Sarah McLachlan, Richie Sambora, and Avril Lavigne.
    >
    > Superstar adds new work and leisure items, and a new destination called "Studio Town".
    > This new destination functions as a workplace for celebrity sims where regular visits may be required to maintain their fame and career,
    > marking the first time where players could follow their sims to work.
    >
    > Non-celebrity sims may choose to visit Studio Town for leisure.
    >
    >
    >
    > A whole new WORLD (not just some lots),
    >
    > new jobs:
    > movie star (3 different acting styles)
    > modeling (3 different modelling styles)
    > music (3 different music styles)
    >
    > 150 new items
    >
    > new NPC characters and actions
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Please, seriously, can anyone tell me honestly that this new EP is in anyway close to an EP released 12 years ago?
    >
    > Honestly?

First of all, THANKS for the nostalgia break with the video, and as far as your question, I doubt it, but am painfully optamistic that they will have heard us and our issues and reacted in kind...
    we're all mad here...
  • Options
    urygauryga Posts: 559 Member
    edited March 2015
    Zolt65 wrote:
    Please, seriously, can anyone tell me honestly that this new EP is in anyway close to an EP released 12 years ago?

Honestly

well for one ,I never compared the game play or graphics... you did.

If you would read the WHOLE post, I said the we paid less and got more Items. And a 12 year ago computer game played on a 12 YEAR OLD COMPUTER. We still got more Items for our money.

Honestly.

Next time read the whole post before attacking troll.
    Post edited by uryga on
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top