Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Game Time - tell us what you think

Comments

• Options
    SybileSybile Posts: 697 Member
    As some players stated above, opening the sub-neighborhoods would be a nice compromise. And when sims would travel further away, the loading screen could be the actual sims on their vehicle (presuming vehicles would be introduced in the game) with a background landscape typical of the world they were traveling in/traveling to. I mean, a repetitive animation so it wouldn't take too much processing power. That way, we wouldn't lose the game immersion. Hope that makes sense.
  • Options
    barracuda1574barracuda1574 Posts: 115 Member
    I had the 48 hours of free game time and enjoyed it so much that I did end up buying it. I was leery of buying it at first, as Sims 3 was a disappointment to me. I never could get into it much even after having many expansions and I have kept playing Sims 2 for the most part. I love the Sims 4 so far! I'm so excited for the family trees to be in the game now! I think the game is headed in the right direction.
  • Options
    JenzupJenzup Posts: 1,620 Member
    Sybile wrote: »
    As some players stated above, opening the sub-neighborhoods would be a nice compromise. And when sims would travel further away, the loading screen could be the actual sims on their vehicle (presuming vehicles would be introduced in the game) with a background landscape typical of the world they were traveling in/traveling to. I mean, a repetitive animation so it wouldn't take too much processing power. That way, we wouldn't lose the game immersion. Hope that makes sense.

Your suggestion of the loading screen was actually done in busting out which was a console game so you wouldn't think that would be too hard.

:o They listened and gave us toddlers! Thanks Devs your work is appreciated.
  • Options
    JenzupJenzup Posts: 1,620 Member
    I just finished my game time experience and I'm delighted with Sims 4.

I'm a Sims series enthusiast but I must say I was affected by all the criticism when the game first launched. Allowing players to try the game for themselves was a great opportunity. Thank you for that!

I loved the new emotions system - that's the way to go! It made Sims so more realistic and complex. I always missed that on the previous games. Also loved the multitasking, how all the different actions/interactions coordinated so seamlessly. How Sims now spontaneously approach one another and start group interacting. All these changes gave a new life to the game! I got so often frustrated playing Sims 3, just trying for a family meal where everyone sits together was a challenge.

Still, I missed some of the features we had on Sims 3. Mainly the create a style feature, that I used all the time. Only if a simple color wheel could be included to style CAS and build mode objects... And, secondly, the open world experience. I sure missed that! I hate loading screens, and though the travel loading screens don't take too long, I soon noticed I was keeping my Sims mostly at home to avoid them. I do understand that Sims 3 open world was very prone to bugs and to a game story progression that was hard to manage and introduced many problems. Still, it gave so much freedom to the gameplay. That's a substantial loss...

Overall, the positive aspects of the game exceed the negative ones, in my opinion. I had a great time playing!

I've heard people who play 4 who say this, that sims spontaneously interact with each other like it never happened in 3 but in my game it did. In fact last time I played 3 my sim I was playing with got a call from one of his friends and invited him over. So I had him go to his friend's house and when he arrived, there was already another sim visiting who was in a conversation with a different member of the family. I had my sim talk to his friend while the other sims continued having a conversation. This wasn't anything new in fact when I visit other countries in WA and visit families that live there they will all try to get in a conversation with my sim when I visit them. When playing Egypt I actually got annoyed because I was trying to make friends with one sim in order to accomplish the opportunity, to talk to 3 different sims in order to get their opinions on MummiCorp something they wouldn't do unless you befriended them first, and the whole family would come up and be trying got talk with my Sim, which was kind of charming and a response I could see happening IRL but slightly frustrated me because I was trying to finish the opportunity before my vacation time ran out or my sims needs did. So, when people say, my sim now spontaneously interact with one another how did they act in your game in 3 is this in a different way in which this is happening now, I simply don't understand?

Also that feeling that you said you get that you wanted to keep your sims at home because of the load screens that was always the feeling that I got from 2 and why I say that I can never go back there. Yes, 2 had the best sim social interaction but the biggest drawback, to me anyway was the loading screens. I cannot stomach the thought of going back to that no matter how good the emotions in 4 play (which I was hoping to get a demo so I could see how it played but nope they must really hate us MAC users.

:o They listened and gave us toddlers! Thanks Devs your work is appreciated.
  • Options
    SybileSybile Posts: 697 Member
    Jenzup wrote: »

I've heard people who play 4 who say this, that sims spontaneously interact with each other like it never happened in 3 but in my game it did. In fact last time I played 3 my sim I was playing with got a call from one of his friends and invited him over. So I had him go to his friend's house and when he arrived, there was already another sim visiting who was in a conversation with a different member of the family. I had my sim talk to his friend while the other sims continued having a conversation. This wasn't anything new in fact when I visit other countries in WA and visit families that live there they will all try to get in a conversation with my sim when I visit them. When playing Egypt I actually got annoyed because I was trying to make friends with one sim in order to accomplish the opportunity, to talk to 3 different sims in order to get their opinions on MummiCorp something they wouldn't do unless you befriended them first, and the whole family would come up and be trying got talk with my Sim, which was kind of charming and a response I could see happening IRL but slightly frustrated me because I was trying to finish the opportunity before my vacation time ran out or my sims needs did. So, when people say, my sim now spontaneously interact with one another how did they act in your game in 3 is this in a different way in which this is happening now, I simply don't understand?

Also that feeling that you said you get that you wanted to keep your sims at home because of the load screens that was always the feeling that I got from 2 and why I say that I can never go back there. Yes, 2 had the best sim social interaction but the biggest drawback, to me anyway was the loading screens. I cannot stomach the thought of going back to that no matter how good the emotions in 4 play (which I was hoping to get a demo so I could see how it played but nope they must really hate us MAC users.

Hi Jenzup! You're right, sims interacted spontaneously in Sims 3 but on Sims 4 it's like they are drawn to each other creating a group dynamic so much more rich than on Sims 3. They choose to sit next to a sim they know and start a conversation. They even follow the other sim around and keep interacting. You get the feeling that socialization is now a priority and is central to the game mechanic.

I'm with you on loading screens but, still, the new features on Sims 4 were so compelling. My Sims 3 saved games accumulated so many bugs that became almost unplayable. And starting a new game means customizing the worlds again, adding all the EPs and store content. It's a nightmare! I know I'm not going back that way. Sims 4 was like breathing fresh air.

Let's hope the game is released on MAC soon.
  • Options
    SimGuruBChickSimGuruBChick Posts: 1,013 SimGuru (retired)
    Let's hope the game is released on MAC soon.

Tuesday, February 17. That's when Mac is being released :D
    SimGuruBChick
    Infinite Diversity, Infinite Combinations
    Thanks to 06bon06 for my lovely new signature pic

p8sfgs0mgkwd.jpg
  • Options
    ELIROCELIROC Posts: 2,318 Member
    I tried a few times TS4 but I just don't like it. Here a list I made of what disturbs me most:

- Closed sub-neighborhoods (everything is just too limited, I loved making the sim walk to the places)
    - Camera controls (even using the choice of TS3 it's not the same, it's more limited/blocked)
    - The lack of places to hang out.
    - The editing is too limited (I'd like to be able to edit at least the colors within every patterns. This goes to everything, including hairs, wall patterns, clothing, etc.)

What I love:
    - The graphics are definitely better
    - Possibility of changing sizes
    - CAS possibilities
    - The emotions and the spontaneous interactions among the sims.
    - The new building mode (excluding the editing patterns mode)

Even though there are also a few things better than TS3, it's still not convincing. I get fed up after a little time play (10min or less) and I don't think I'll buy any of the expansions unless something gets really better. A real shame...
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,883 Member
    p
    ts1depot wrote: »
    [*] It doesn't seem as if you can bulldoze lots. You can edit them, but you can't raze them so you can build from scratch.
    [/list]

Not sure if anyone has answered this, but yes, you can bulldoze lots. There is a guide here on how to do that.

Thanks so much for that tutorial. I've been having so much fun haven't really gotten around to making any changes in the neighborhoods.
  • Options
    LenoreLoveLenoreLove Posts: 72 Member
    Just a funny comment about what I think. I was talking to a Sim in the phone when I noticed the same Sim coming up to my door. I did not invite them over it was a walk by. I would have LMAO if she was holding her phone waiting at the door. Good stuff!!
    The necessity of procuring good intelligence is apparent and need not be further urged.
  • Options
    CreamierThanMamiCreamierThanMami Posts: 684 Member
    How's about making a finished product instead of giving us half baked goods?
    Fotor0510194637_zps0hyuxnv8.jpg
    If you like my story, contributions to my wishlist are appreciated!
  • Options
    candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    I hate the controls ruins the game not to mention that the sims don't have cars and loading screens is a crop of S.
  • Options
    StarduztStarduzt Posts: 83 Member
    I got the Sims 4 yesterday, been waiting a while for the mac version. I have been playing Sims from the very beginning - I loved the all Sims 1 series and continued with 2 - however got somehow lost in all the expansions packs and add ons and Sims 3 really was not to my appeal - I didn't like it at all.

While playing Sims 4 I suddenly felt what I did when I was playing Sims 1 - more than 10 years ago. The game is simple, intuitive, and is full of surprises. I think thats what the series been missing - the element of surprise yet in a very simple way. I love the music and the graphics, gives such an in-depth game experience.

I am going to spend hours playing.... Love it!
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,883 Member
    Starduzt wrote: »
    I got the Sims 4 yesterday, been waiting a while for the mac version. I have been playing Sims from the very beginning - I loved the all Sims 1 series and continued with 2 - however got somehow lost in all the expansions packs and add ons and Sims 3 really was not to my appeal - I didn't like it at all.

While playing Sims 4 I suddenly felt what I did when I was playing Sims 1 - more than 10 years ago. The game is simple, intuitive, and is full of surprises. I think thats what the series been missing - the element of surprise yet in a very simple way. I love the music and the graphics, gives such an in-depth game experience.

I am going to spend hours playing.... Love it!

Welcome to the Sims 4!
  • Options
    F^&rhtF^&rht Posts: 1 New Member
    Long time fan of the SIMS! A few small things for SIMS 4: 1) The career choices suck but it looks like you guys are making incremental changes to that, so I hope to see more choices. 2) I would love to see the option to build and have my SIMS go out to restaurants. 3) I love the aging of the SIMS but I have it on the slowest setting and there are a lot of SIMS that I never got the chance to play before they died. Now I have to recreate them. Would like it to be slower if possible. I don't want to turn the option off, just want it to feel a little more realistic. I never even had time to get my SIMS up to the top career level before they die off. 4) I also hope that you guys don't get too crazy with expansion packs. I did stop playing the SIMS for about 4 years because the expansion packs got ridiculous. The IN GAME play should be constantly updated with free, new content to keep people interested and engaged. The expansions should really be extra content that is new to the franchise. I really hope you don't decide to make your fans pay for content that we already played with and paid for in previous SIMS. Other than that, I love the new changes and you managed to make me a fan again.
  • Options
    Redninja52Redninja52 Posts: 200 Member
    i want more gametime
  • Options
    MooPlaysGamesMooPlaysGames Posts: 27 New Member
    I tried to get the game on Game Time, but it wasn't there. I went on it the day it was released on Game Time too :( Oh Well, may be getting the game tonight :) :) :)
  • Options
    HegginHeggin Posts: 69 Member
    edited February 2015
    Is the free game time still available? I haven't used it yet, but when I click it, it says "Buy Now".
  • Options
    em.em. Posts: 20 Member
    Really want more accurate genetics! Back in the sims 2 the genetics were pretty accurate when it came recessive and dominate traits like hair colors. Also my sims are only having girl babies!
  • Options
    Pugslover4Pugslover4 Posts: 2,849 Member
    I love the trial, but was so hooked I couldn't quit. Sadly I still don't have enough money to buy the base game. I wished they could give us like one month to play this and I would be so happy. I want something new. But that's okay. I don't mind. Just someday I will own the base game.
    9cac0e69-be99-4238-b1c8-e9ef2f5d7718_zps38d42068.jpg
    I owned the store! Yahoo!
  • Options
    Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    Heggin wrote: »
    Is the free game time still available? I haven't used it yet, but when I click it, it says "Buy Now".

No, it ended on February 2nd.

EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    LenoreLoveLenoreLove Posts: 72 Member
    em. wrote: »
    Really want more accurate genetics! Back in the sims 2 the genetics were pretty accurate when it came recessive and dominate traits like hair colors. Also my sims are only having girl babies!
    I agree....however, what is wrong with girl babies? eh? :|
    The necessity of procuring good intelligence is apparent and need not be further urged.
  • Options
    Skyfri_HimmelSkyfri_Himmel Posts: 846 Member
    > @ts1depot said:

> * The GUI has made it very difficult for me to keep track of things, especially in a 6+ sim household, because of the locations of some of the buttons and of how tiny some of the icons are. The portrait/school/work icons at the bottom are way too small.

I thought that was a bug and i actually came here right now to report it. Good thing i used the search before reporting it. It is annoying that they made it this way, since it is, as you say yourself, too small icons.
    Origin ID: Kaffepigen

I've started a picture story on imgur! There is both from sims 3 and sims 4, so a little from both worlds! ^_^
    The Sims 3 picture story: imgur.com/a/5A0Sg

The Sims 4 picture story: imgur.com/a/xyPhW
  • Options
    Skyfri_HimmelSkyfri_Himmel Posts: 846 Member
    > @EAfan99 said:
    > EA's hook for TS4 was probably entirely emotions. But the sad thing is if a sim dies in TS4 no one sheds a tear but in TS3 if a sim died the entire house (pets and all) would mourn for the deceased.

They do infact mourn, but only if they are in the same room as the sim who is dying at the exact time that they are dying. This need to be fixed because it is just unrealistic that the others would not mourn the death of someone close just because they did not witness the death
    Origin ID: Kaffepigen

I've started a picture story on imgur! There is both from sims 3 and sims 4, so a little from both worlds! ^_^
    The Sims 3 picture story: imgur.com/a/5A0Sg

The Sims 4 picture story: imgur.com/a/xyPhW
  • Options
    BethanyS04BethanyS04 Posts: 2 New Member
    i like the new sims 4, the graphics and new interactions, but i dont like how the map is smaller, and you cant really build your world. and there's not a lot of job choices.
  • Options
    BethanyS04BethanyS04 Posts: 2 New Member
    and you cant travel like you can in the sims 3 around the town and you cant go to college. good game...needs a lot of improvement
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top