Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Game Time - tell us what you think

Comments

• Options
    SimChic1SimChic1 Posts: 3,449 Member
    @Evalen I can tell you they moved at least one thread into here and that was mine. It wasn't even actual feedback from playing it because I didn't yet. It was just a possible concern. So if they did that with my thread, who's to say they didn't do it with others? So if this seems like an OT thread, this time it's on EA for merging any thread that just mentions "Sims 4 Free Trial.
  • Options
    Ferretlady9Ferretlady9 Posts: 2 New Member
    I'm sorry but this game is just way too expensive for a base game. Even though it is a base game, it lacks so much content that I found myself getting bored very quickly. In order for me to buy this game, the price needs to come down and much more needs to be added to the game. I don't remember the base for TS2 or TS3 being as empty. If you base the price by the actual play value of the game and what players are actually getting for their money, I don't feel this base should be more than $30.00. Not saying that it needs to be cheaper because I'm whining about being poor, but honestly the game is so empty the value for me is not worth anywhere near $60.00. Maxis should also not put large gaps of time between releasing content as this game needs all the content it can get.
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Evalen wrote: »
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Evalen wrote: »
    Another site taken over, no use coming here to find out how anyone felt about the game, I hope that EA has other places for the free trial people to post.

Who has taken over this thread Evalen? I have been reading the feedback from people who played this game for the 48 hours, and the only people I see who tried to take it over were ones who didn't like the negative feedback. I even saw some ask the guru to step in to stop those trying to silence those giving their feedback. I'm sorry, but the only people I see trying to silence feedback are some who actually don't want to hear feedback. And those giving feedback have asked them to stop politely in order to not derail this thread, and quite honestly your comments and even my reply to you is actually derailing in a fashion.

@Cinebar I just wanted to read about the feedback from those who have the free trial, It is not suppose to be a discussion thread, It was a thread for EA.
    to read what they have to say. trying to find the new ones from all the others making their comment is almost impossible. It would have been nice to just read post after post of just their feedback, would have been more helpful to EA also, but trying to go through all the other post by all the regular people is hard. I want to hear feed back from those who have the free game, not others comments. Good or Bad. I want to just hear what they have to say, that is what this post was to be for. The forum people post so much, I can't tell who is posting free play feedback.
    enough is enough. Can't we just have a site for those who want to share how they felt about the game after the free trial, without everyone posting. I need to just get off this forum it is stressing me out too much. I was really looking forward to hearing from the ones who downloaded the free game, not everyone else.
    Another point, they are talking to all the comments instead of talking to EA. That is not what this is suppose to be.
    It is not a discussion thread it is so EA can hear what they the free players have to say.

Well, yes, but that is up to moderators to moderate (no offense moderators) if they feel a thread is going off topic. I think most who played and or who want to see what those who have never played a Sims' game before think of this one is interesting. And yes, I just want to read the feedback and we don't need to hear from those who have been playing for months now and telling others to wait for an EP or they have no problems with the game etc. because we already know that they don't have a problem with the game.

To be truthful, I only want to hear from the ones who are playing the free trial, I don't want to hear from any of them, good or bad. It is not just the ones telling others to wait for Eps, it is all of them. 11 post in a row from the forum people. You seem to think I don't want to hear the negative, your wrong, I just want to hear from the free trial players negative or not, I want to see what they have to say. I do not want to wade through 11 or more post just to get to one free trial players feedback.

• Options
    SimChic1 wrote: »
    @Evalen I can tell you they moved at least one thread into here and that was mine. It wasn't even actual feedback from playing it because I didn't yet. It was just a possible concern. So if they did that with my thread, who's to say they didn't do it with others? So if this seems like an OT thread, this time it's on EA for merging any thread that just mentions "Sims 4 Free Trial.

It's ok, it doesn't matter anymore. thanks for the response anyway.

• Options
    friohurfriohur Posts: 1,722 Member
    @Evalen, well like i said in another thread i'm happy with waiting and seeing how the game grows. however the trial crashing like this is making me think that wait will be very long and possibly worse later. for all that i like sims 3, it is very broken and got worse the more EP/SP got added, least on my comp, i'm starting to worry sims 4 will go that same route.
    Robin: You’re overwhelmed, Freeze was underwhelmed-why isn’t anyone ever just whelmed?

Robin: If dislike is the opposite of like, is disaster the opposite of aster? See, instead of things going wrong, they go right.
  • Options
    DebBolckow2DebBolckow2 Posts: 117 Member
    edited January 2015
    I tried the game this afternoon. The game is cute. Nice generic music. I like how you can see a steamboat traveling down the river and a train passing by. It's very easy to create a non-🐸🐸🐸🐸 Sim. Not worth the $$ though. I like how quickly skills are built and I like the ease in adding on to a house but the load screens are so annoying. Also, I hate losing control of all the family members if one goes to a venue. There's just no way to keep checking back on the Sim at home, which I hate, because I'm playing a god when I play Sims. I should be able to micro-manage! I wonder why the bookcase doesn't come with basic skill books? Buy a bookcase, then buy the basic skill books that I bought the bookcase for??? Not blown away by the new "emotions" and the different walks seem pointless also, I really miss Create A Style!!!
    I'm not sure I'm going to play it a 2nd time before the trial period expires, so I'm really not ready to buy it. But I'm grateful I got to check out a trial first before laying out my cash.
  • Options
    steve101steve101 Posts: 1 New Member
    edited January 2015
    yeah sorry it stinks id rather buy the the expansions i missed on 3 to many tools features were taken away
  • Options
    SimChic1SimChic1 Posts: 3,449 Member
    @Evalen No problem
  • Options
    ts1depotts1depot Posts: 1,438 Member
    friohur wrote: »
    it's fun and all but much like sims 3 it's crashing, a lot.

I only had one crash during the trial, and that's when I tried taking one family from one subhood to visit a family in a different hood, but I never had constant crashing. Did you update your graphics drivers and play around with graphics settings (like turning down the levels)? Even though the game was meant for so-called "low end" computers, I have a strange feeling that some of the special effects (especially the blurred backgrounds) could still cause issues.
    EiFlric.png
  • Options
    SimGuruBChickSimGuruBChick Posts: 1,013 SimGuru (retired)
    NOTICE: If you are encountering any issues with Game Time, please read the update in the first post on this thread. We don't have a fix yet, but we are working on it.
    SimGuruBChick
    Infinite Diversity, Infinite Combinations
    Thanks to 06bon06 for my lovely new signature pic

p8sfgs0mgkwd.jpg
  • Options
    Mrknowitall526Mrknowitall526 Posts: 386 Member
    ts1depot wrote: »
    it's fun and all but much like sims 3 it's crashing, a lot.

Even though the game was meant for so-called "low end" computers,

This was the same excuse for not being able to expand the map sizes in the new SimCity. I find it to be complete bullpoop! Today's computers are more powerful than ever, and even on-board graphics cards are leaps and bounds better than when TS2 came out and graphics became a big deal.

They need to stop using that as an excuse! I'm certainly no programmer, but in 2015 we shouldn't be gearing things towards "low-end" computers.

• Options
    Naley22Naley22 Posts: 1,147 Member
    So i got around to trying the trial today and even tho i enjoy the create a sim i find the building process very hard! i cant for the life of me figure out how to rotate the the screen when trying to see the other sides of my house! and after getting frustrated with that i didn't even bother to play it. ill have to move my sim into a already built house and try the game play before the trial is over. i hope it gets better. :(
  • Options
    friohurfriohur Posts: 1,722 Member
    @Naley22, i've been using a lot of keys for camera movement

WASD and the arrow keys for moving straight lines and <> for turning
    Robin: You’re overwhelmed, Freeze was underwhelmed-why isn’t anyone ever just whelmed?

Robin: If dislike is the opposite of like, is disaster the opposite of aster? See, instead of things going wrong, they go right.
  • Options
    SeamoanSeamoan Posts: 1,323 Member
    Naley22 wrote: »
    So i got around to trying the trial today and even tho i enjoy the create a sim i find the building process very hard! i cant for the life of me figure out how to rotate the the screen when trying to see the other sides of my house! and after getting frustrated with that i didn't even bother to play it. ill have to move my sim into a already built house and try the game play before the trial is over. i hope it gets better. :(

I have played today and the camera controls were, by far, the worst part of the experience for me. I have really not even gotten a chance to play with the build features because the controls made it seem so unappealing.

I will have more feedback for this thread when I get more actual simming play in, but I had to comment on this post because it sums up my experience so far 100%. This is a very, very awkward game to play. Why can't I edge scroll from the bottom? Terrible controls. Just awful and claustrophobic.
  • Options
    @Evalen, well like i said in another thread i'm happy with waiting and seeing how the game grows. however the trial crashing like this is making me think that wait will be very long and possibly worse later. for all that i like sims 3, it is very broken and got worse the more EP/SP got added, least on my comp, i'm starting to worry sims 4 will go that same route.

Sorry to hear that the trial version is crashing, I hope that they do fix and add things that people have wanted. I do love the Sims 4 and have not had any trouble with it. The sims are so lively. If it is crashing on you with the trial, perhaps it would be better to wait and read post and input from EA as to why it is doing that. I do hope that the wait is not long. I know how bad I would feel if I could not play. Blessings

• Options
    CharlotteknCharlottekn Posts: 544 Member
    Well, finally played Sims 4 and it was just really...lackluster. It looks and plays like a cheap phone game. Like Sims Freeplay, really. I'm not a graphics junkie and love many games with a low tech look, or that were developed back in the day and still are fun. I play MMOs, for plum's sake, where generally your choices are low tech and awesome, or flashy graphics and terrible gameplay. So far Sims 4 is bad graphics and bad gameplay, which seems to be aimed at children/teens only, at that. Maybe I just don't care enough about bros, or about forced quirkyness or the weird emotion things. I don't want goals. It's just NOT Sims 3 or 2 or 1. And that's not a good thing in my book.

All around badness.

• Options
    edited January 2015
    So after playing the trial for another few hours on Sunday, I have some more impressions:

• There seems to be *more* happening on the TV set. I know it's just a small loop of animations like in TS3, but they seem longer, more engaging and less repetitive.
    • The little visual and audio nuances I've been hearing and seeing (yes, I do hear that tinkling when they go to the bathroom, LOL).
    • The radio actually sounds like a radio.
    • Sims who are asleep immediately wake up when you queue an action for them.
    • You can go back and edit a household you've been playing in the game. (This feature was so useful that I used up an hour of my trial time to go back and tweak all the different outfits for my households.)

DISLIKES:
    • The "work challenges" are too repetitive. One sim I had in the business track constantly kept getting the "CEO in the elevator/mystery mail" challenge over and over again.
    • The dancing is terrible. The dancing was always well done in this game, even in TS1. This time it looks like everyone got their dancing moves from Elaine Benes from Seinfeld.
    • The fact that it seems as if you don't come across your other player made families outside your house or on lots, that it's always townies. (But I could be wrong about this, as I only played for 48 hours.)
    • It doesn't seem as if you can bulldoze lots. You can edit them, but you can't raze them so you can build from scratch. Correction: you can. @SimGuruBChick posted this guide. Guess I missed it. D'oh! :s
    Post edited by ts1depot on
    EiFlric.png
  • Options
    Tator23Tator23 Posts: 1 New Member
    Ok! So I just got done playing the Sims 4 for the first time since Maxis decided to give a free trial and I have to say that I don't like the game at all. I'm a family oriented person so therefore I miss being able to see your family tree, also I don't know if it is available to show how many days your sims has until they are able to age up but I wasn't able to find that on the game either. The only things that I enjoyed about the game was the many ways that you can communicate with another sim. Like sitting on the edge of the bed together. I also did enjoy the new noises that the baby makes but I have to say this is just in my opinion a small upgrade from the Sims 1. You are just sitting in the house the entire time which makes the game really boring. I was bored after only playing for an hour. I was able to get my sims married but my female sims last name didn't change (don't know if it was the game or not) also the really small towns just makes me feel like its a small world after all. Also the lack of ability to go the grocery store to purchase items is really annoying. I know that I will never purchase this game. Especially for the outrageous price. The game should have been only $20 seeing as though its missing so much content it feels like the game was only done about 20% done before EA released it. I do however like the emotions the only problem that I have with that is that we are all human and unless you're a female and have a period then your emotions don't go up and down like that throughout the day. And the consent music that plays whenever a sim goes to work or either their mood changes is really annoying as well. And we have had cars since the Sims 2 and to not have cars in the Sims 4 is just ridiculous. My Sims 3 game is all that I need and even more playable due to Twallan and his wonderful mods and also Mod the Sims. Thank you Origin for the 48 free play but due to the fact that over 80 items where removed from the Sims 4 and all you do is sit in the house I think I'll just continue to check out YouTube videos of simmers playing the Sims 4 but me personally I will never purchase this game. God Bless!
  • Options
    stacylynn79stacylynn79 Posts: 269 Member
    edited January 2015
    How pathetic and shameful that even their 2-day free demo has bugs!

#ihatethesims4
    Post edited by stacylynn79 on
  • Options
    IckleP09IckleP09 Posts: 7 New Member
    While I would dearly love to leave feedback on how my Sims 4 trial went; I cannot due to the fact I am one of those stuck being asked for an activation code. I do not hold out much hope of getting to play the trial either seeing as it took 3 days to get an update saying that EA was working on it.

I'll stick with TS3.
  • Options
    SimsprocfunSimsprocfun Posts: 1,499 Member
    First of all, congratulations on the Sims 4 and game time!

While I think The Sims 4 Game Time is a generous gift on 15th Anniversary to the simmers (those, who didn't owned The Sims 4 game), players who have owned already a copy, don't benefit from it.

The offered game time starts immediately after downloading no matter if the game actually being played or not, and trial time continues even if the game was never started. At the end unaware customer (who started game few days after downloading) will be left without a game time at all.

To me it looks like a bit of a hurry to open a game trial without fixing gamebreaking issues, which customers could stand upon while trial. I mean such issue like bartender common issue, which prevents players to use a bar venue. Therefore any customer will face such issue even during trial when visiting any bar in the Sims 4 game. It could create a negative experience with the game at the customers overall. There are some more issues, I just brought here an example of those.

The world design of the Sims 4 game doesn't reflect the real world size (large map of the Sims 3 neighborhood), leaving customers with an opinion of small limited worlds. The reason for this is that all the neighborhoods stand individually for themselves without visible and functional connections to each other in the world itself. The world can only be accessed through the grey map with M or Sim cellphone.
    Worlds feels disconnected because there are within the neighborhood no such connections like: bridges (or car ways, tunnels), leading to another part of the neighborhood, connected through the loading screen in 3D without going into the map menu. Map could be optional.
    That only a map exists to travel breaks the exploration feeling.

Just some of my thoughts about The Sims 4 game trial.
  • Options
    Worlds feels disconnected because there are within the neighborhood no such connections like: bridges (or car ways, tunnels), leading to another part of the neighborhood, connected through the loading screen in 3D without going into the map menu. Map could be optional.
    That only a map exists to travel breaks the exploration feeling.

I think what's breaking the feeling is the fact that there are no taxis or other vehicles in the game that show up when you select "travel." That's how it worked in TS1. You'd call a cab and a taxi would show up at the front door. If you wanted to go back home, you had to find a payphone on the lot to call a cab again. You didn't just "teleport" from location to location.

They *could* bring that system back again somehow (or an updated version with the streetcar or a bus), but then there would be the problem of players complaining about no longer insta-teleporting once they hit "travel", but having to sit through the animation of the sim walking out the front door and entering the taxi. :\
    EiFlric.png
  • Options
    TiffanyLea007TiffanyLea007 Posts: 1,068 Member
    • No Toddlers
    • No Open World
    • No Newspaper boy or Newspaper
    • Buying food from refrigerator
    • Flat lots
    • Ugly Neighborhood GUI(As in no Open World feel/Looks unfinished)
    • The GUI
    • Camera Controls
    • Babies are objects
    • Pools/ghosts missing from launch
    • Needs internet to play through Origin
    • No Color Wheel/CASt
    • No Family Tree
    • No Story Progression
    • No Cars
    • Loading Screens
    • No cops/burglars
    • Teens Same height as adults
    • Small details Ex Sims calls a Goth out in the town, while they are on the phone that Sim walks by not on the phone.

I just don't see this ever becoming the game I would buy. I hope EA can WOW us and fix/improve the game. Improve I mean Open World, CASt, Toddlers, Babies, Flat Neighborhood, and the GUI/Controls.
  • Options
    DiancarockDiancarock Posts: 563 Member
    Well, I took advantage of the Origin Sims 4 freeplay and here's what I thought..... I bought the game and returned it before, a couple of times actually, but I wanted to see what new additions were added, and if the patches made the gameplay experience any better. It's pretty much the same. They did add some new careers, which was nice. Maybe it's me, but I still wasn't having much fun with it. It feels like a chore with how clunky the controls are. That's really the defeating factor to me, it's not easy to control at all. I point my mouse in one direction, it does something completely different. CAS I still don't like. It's impossible to really sculpt a sims face. I move the upper lip to make it fuller, and it goes to the side. I try and sculpt the cheekbones, and the sims head does something completely different from what I'm trying to create.

Now onto gameplay. I was really missing open world. But I let that go and concentrated on the sims themselves. Too animated. I couldn't really get a story out of it with the animations. It was too "cheesy" maybe. Mom was explaining something to her daughter and it was really just way over the top. She looked like a crazy person. I understand that the Sims is and has always been a embellished simulation. But maybe "less" is more?? And how come their animations don't portray their emotions? It isn't that different from Sims 3 in that aspect. The only way I could tell they were "feeling" a certain way was from the emotions icons on the side of the screen, with the exception of sadness and tired because the walk "showed" it. But sometimes it didn't go in correlation with the story I (me the player) was trying to tell. I thought the new way of them eating at the table and their chewing animations was adorable. But it took way to long. Good idea, not so great execution. It shouldn't take them four hours to have dinner. Maybe when you come out with a "season" ep and they are having a holiday dinner it should take that long. But not for everyday dinner. I don't like how they leave the house and appear at community lot at all. It does something to the game and my imagination with my story. That's what it is in a nutshell. It kind of takes what story I'm trying to do in my mind and makes it something else? I can't describe it properly or as educated as other simmers probably could.

Now onto animations......Why is it so dark on the insides of their houses? It feels like a grey tinge when their home and in community lots, but it's nice and bright outside. I tried changing the patterns on their wallpaper, and the carpet to maybe take away from that greyness. But it's something with the lighting in the world overall. I was playing Oasis Sands (or whatever it's called). So I added some custom content to see how much better it made the game aesthetically. That's actually where Sims 4 kind of shines. The hair (Cazy's Sorrow hair) looked really soft and natural in the game graphically. So did the clothes. You couldn't really tell that it was CC, it blended quite nicely with the game.

So although I thank you EA for letting me try the game out without that huge price tag and buyer's remorse hanging over my head. This new edition of the Sims, just isn't very good. I was bored and I couldn't get a hang of the controls. It felt like a chore doing things that were simple with Sims 3. And made trying to build a real pain. Why are the controls on the top right/left side of the screen and this is a PC game? We're using mouses and touch pads which are at the bottom and the side of our keyboards.
  • Options
    TiffanyLea007TiffanyLea007 Posts: 1,068 Member
    edited January 2015
    Placing items from your inventory or trying to sell it is not easy and annoying. Also plants from your inventory you have to place on ground then click plant. Take out the extra clicks. The option to just plant is grayed out, then place on ground where you want to plant it. Just like in the sims 3.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top