Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hello! Come and introduce yourself!

Comments

• Options
    GoldpuffleGoldpuffle Posts: 1,872 Member
    Aloha! Me name is Goldpuffle! (I never give out my name) I have been on the forums since, well, IDK. For a couple of months I guess? Anyway, I have played Sims since Sims 2! When my cousin introduced me to Video Games! (The worlds best creation! ;)). I am Awesome. So Yeah.

I would love to get to know people better on this forum! This a great thread!!! Great Job @rosemow , Your always making people feel amazing!

Goodluck on the forums New Members!

And I am not Hawaiian. I am African American/ American. (Half black/Half white).

Also, I say OMG alot. Bye!
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,615 Member
    Goldpuffle wrote: »
    Aloha! Me name is Goldpuffle! (I never give out my name) I have been on the forums since, well, IDK. For a couple of months I guess? Anyway, I have played Sims since Sims 2! When my cousin introduced me to Video Games! (The worlds best creation! ;)). I am Awesome. So Yeah.

I would love to get to know people better on this forum! This a great thread!!! Great Job @rosemow , Your always making people feel amazing!

Goodluck on the forums New Members!

And I am not Hawaiian. I am African American/ American. (Half black/Half white).

Also, I say OMG alot. Bye!

Hello @GoldPuffle :) It is great that your cousin introduced you to video games and that you started simming by playing The Sims 2.
    I hope that you continue to have lots of fun simming, and enjoy meeting and chatting with simmers on the forums.
    Happy simming! :)
  • Options
    SimsLegendSontiaSimsLegendSontia Posts: 70 Member
    > @rosemow said:
    > Hello to everyone

Hey There!
    Click Here To Read The Fuentes Family Values Now ---> mysims4journey.weebly.com/read-the-journey

nii.jpg
  • Options
    YuiVooYuiVoo Posts: 173 Member
    I wonder why it's against the rules to post ages. I'd like to know the age of people I'm talking to....oh well whatever hello!
  • Options
    > @YuiVoo Very interesting question. Me too! It would be odd to find that one of your friends that you've been talking to frequently is only 10 lol
    Click Here To Read The Fuentes Family Values Now ---> mysims4journey.weebly.com/read-the-journey

nii.jpg
  • Options
    > @rosemow Thanks! And I'm having a lovely day. I'm still a bit frustrated because the forum won't allow me to post photos (even though I have 62 pts and been here an entire week) but other than that, I'm a happy camper. :-( Anyone else experiencing this nonsense?

nii.jpg
  • Options
    HeyBailsHeyBails Posts: 672 Member
    Sometimes you can somewhat assume the relative age of someone based on how they type. And while it's nice to know, I can understand why it's against the rules to post it. Internet safety and pedophiles and whatnot.
  • Options
    > @rosemow Thanks! And I'm having a lovely day. I'm still a bit frustrated because the forum won't allow me to post photos (even though I have 62 pts and been here an entire week) but other than that, I'm a happy camper. :-( Anyone else experiencing this nonsense?

You also need 30 posts to become a full member. :)
  • Options
    > @HeyBails OMG THANKS! I knew there was a missing link somewhere! I'm not sure how many posts I have, but I'll make that happen ASAP! Truly appreaciate the help! I've been playing sims since the 1st one, but I've NEVER seen anything this complicated for the sims, It's like getting into the mafia. LOL! JK, anyways, glad I'm almost there and appreciate the help! SMH! I'm on my way. As soon as I'm a member, I'll post my simmies for everyone to see!

nii.jpg
  • Options
    > @HeyBails Oh absolutely. Safety first.

nii.jpg
  • Options
    YuiVooYuiVoo Posts: 173 Member
    HeyBails wrote: »
    Sometimes you can somewhat assume the relative age of someone based on how they type. And while it's nice to know, I can understand why it's against the rules to post it. Internet safety and pedophiles and whatnot.

well that's why I think you would be able to post it. like you meet someone and you're flirting and they turn out to be twelve years old that can lead to trouble. I don't know I'd just like to know the general age group. it'd be weird being an adult and finding out 70% of the people here were under twelve. i dont know :/
  • Options
    > @HeyBails OMG THANKS! I knew there was a missing link somewhere! I'm not sure how many posts I have, but I'll make that happen ASAP! Truly appreaciate the help! I've been playing sims since the 1st one, but I've NEVER seen anything this complicated for the sims, It's like getting into the mafia. LOL! JK, anyways, glad I'm almost there and appreciate the help! SMH! I'm on my way. As soon as I'm a member, I'll post my simmies for everyone to see!

Hello. The number of posts that a simmer has is under your avatar/profile picture. I will look forward to seeing the pictures of your sims :)
  • Options
    @> @rosemow Do posts pertain to what I post on my page, or what I post on forums?

nii.jpg
  • Options
    @> @rosemow Do posts pertain to what I post on my page, or what I post on forums?

Hello. The post number is just what you post on the forums, not what you post on your my page.
  • Options
    > @rosemow ok, I think that I've got it! I'm about 7 posts off! Almost there! HEHE!

nii.jpg
  • Options
    @SimsLegendSontia an easy way to get more posts is to post in the games in the Off Topic Chat! :)
  • Options
    @HeyBails , that's exactly where I'm at. 2 posts off of success.LOL! Almost there!

nii.jpg
  • Options
    PamhamletPamhamlet Posts: 5,556 Member
    Oh gee, how did I miss this thread? Well, here I am! I'm a long-time player of Maxis simulation games, like SimFarm, SimAnt and SimCity, from way back in the 1990s. Gosh that seems so long ago. So it was only natural that the original The Sims was a must-have for me when it first came out in 2000. I have been joyfully simming ever since.

Born and raised in So. Calif., I come from the rustic era (lol) of hula hoops and 19-inch TVs that only came in black and white. When I was 5 yrs. old, I won a Twist dance contest out of 30 other contestants at a Mattel Corp. (toy company) promotional. I have loved dancing ever since. I still have my very first Barbie doll from 1963. I worked for Government for 33+ years, now retired. Been happily married for 38 years to my soulmate and have 3 living children and 2 beautiful grandchildren. Besides simming, I love reading, crocheting, horses, and kittycats. I also enjoy a good game of mahjong.

I'm an optimist at heart and always try to see that silver lining in the clouds. I enjoy the forums and the variety of discussions about my favorite game. It is wonderful to experience the humor, camaraderie and input from people from all over the world that also love this game. As one who grew up for the first 40 years of my life without any internet, it's still incredible to me that the web and The Sims game make all this inter-connection possible, for which I am grateful.

Rosemow, thank you for the good cheer and pleasant vibes you always bring here. And now, pretty please, perhaps you could share a little something about yourself? :)
  • Options
    zorba2357zorba2357 Posts: 6,103 Member
    I know what you mean Pamhamlet. There's a world of difference between life with internet - and life before internet. I don't think people who grow up With the internet really understand or think about life before internet much.
  • Options
    Pamhamlet wrote: »
    Oh gee, how did I miss this thread? Well, here I am! I'm a long-time player of Maxis simulation games, like SimFarm, SimAnt and SimCity, from way back in the 1990s. Gosh that seems so long ago. So it was only natural that the original The Sims was a must-have for me when it first came out in 2000. I have been joyfully simming ever since.

Born and raised in So. Calif., I come from the rustic era (lol) of hula hoops and 19-inch TVs that only came in black and white. When I was 5 yrs. old, I won a Twist dance contest out of 30 other contestants at a Mattel Corp. (toy company) promotional. I have loved dancing ever since. I still have my very first Barbie doll from 1963. I worked for Government for 33+ years, now retired. Been happily married for 38 years to my soulmate and have 3 living children and 2 beautiful grandchildren. Besides simming, I love reading, crocheting, horses, and kittycats. I also enjoy a good game of mahjong.

I'm an optimist at heart and always try to see that silver lining in the clouds. I enjoy the forums and the variety of discussions about my favorite game. It is wonderful to experience the humor, camaraderie and input from people from all over the world that also love this game. As one who grew up for the first 40 years of my life without any internet, it's still incredible to me that the web and The Sims game make all this inter-connection possible, for which I am grateful.

Rosemow, thank you for the good cheer and pleasant vibes you always bring here. And now, pretty please, perhaps you could share a little something about yourself? :)

Hello @Pamhamlet :) Thankyou so very much for telling us about yourself. It is great that you have been enjoying simming for a long time, and enjoying the different Simming games and versions. You would have had many nice happy and fun hours of simming through the years.
    It was great that you won the Twist dance competition when you were little, and that has led you on to enjoying dancing ever since. It is lovely that you are a grandma to two special and precious grandchildren.
    The forums are great that we can talk about The Sims with people all around the world. :)
    I said a little bit about myself in this post
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/13351685/#Comment_13351685
    I enjoy meeting all the simmers here. :)
    Happy simming! :)
  • Options
    zorba2357 wrote: »
    I know what you mean Pamhamlet. There's a world of difference between life with internet - and life before internet. I don't think people who grow up With the internet really understand or think about life before internet much.

You said it! Like my grandma who went from horse and buggy days to automobiles. I remember she had a little old, dusty book on her shelf that was titled "Learning to Drive." When I opened it and started reading, it was actually about learning to drive a horse and carriage! No lie, I tell you. Lol! :p
  • Options
    Oh! Thank you Rose, I just clicked on your link and saw your other post. I haven't quite read through this entire thread, so I'm about to go back and read them all. They are so interesting, aren't they? :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top