Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA silence on family play and family play fans

Comments

• Options
    StaceyUKStaceyUK Posts: 226 Member
    Been playing TS2 for the last two days and having a ball! The level of interaction is incredible. I couldn't find Brady and his son Eduardo. I found them sitting on the floor hanging out! Managed to get a screenshot. Will share later. Also I love that Lily and Brady pass baby Carla to each other and that Brady can interact with Carla while she is in Lily's arms. I love that children can skip and use jump rope. I love TS3, but the detail in TS2 is amazing. Hard to believe it is 11 years old!

I can see why family play really took off with TS2. The only thing that disappoints with TS2 re family play is that babies and toddlers cannot go to community and vacation lots. That does put a bit of a spanner in the works that family outings. Dad is going to stay home to look after baby Carla while Mum and the kids go on vacation.
  • Options
    gayarsgayars Posts: 2,229 Member
    I was playing my sims yesterday, and 2 of my sims were cuddling in bed. They had just been trying for baby number 3 (they succeeded, a little girl) and afterward they laid there, and held hands on the pillow, with their wedding rings showing on their hands. It was just so SWEET. I mean, that level of subtlety just has not existed since sims 2. Sims 3 was better than Sims 4 in that respect, but Sims 2 was just chock full of all those little details. I wish Sims 4 had been all that, but it just wasn't :(
  • Options
    gayarsgayars Posts: 2,229 Member
    Stacey if you are into mods, there is one on MTS that allows you to take toddlers, puppies, and kittens to community lots.
  • Options
    gayars wrote: »
    I was playing my sims yesterday, and 2 of my sims were cuddling in bed. They had just been trying for baby number 3 (they succeeded, a little girl) and afterward they laid there, and held hands on the pillow, with their wedding rings showing on their hands. It was just so SWEET. I mean, that level of subtlety just has not existed since sims 2. Sims 3 was better than Sims 4 in that respect, but Sims 2 was just chock full of all those little details. I wish Sims 4 had been all that, but it just wasn't :(

Yep the level of detail in TS2 shows how much love went into it. It wasn't just a money making exercise. This explains why TS2 is going strong after 11 years.
  • Options
    gayars wrote: »
    Stacey if you are into mods, there is one on MTS that allows you to take toddlers, puppies, and kittens to community lots.

Thanks I looked at that mod but the installation instructions were a bit complicated. Bit worried I might install it wrong. Thanks for the suggestion though. It was love mods. My love for nraas mods for TS3 knows no bounds!
  • Options
    Wildley CuriousWildley Curious Posts: 5,349 Member
    Good afternoon! Today at the Larson residence Emma was a victim of theft. The perpetrator was none other than her brother Joshua. Enjoy! :heart:

snapshot_c074c774_81f77b59_zps9fc7f83f.jpg
    snapshot_c074c774_21f77b5a_zps8ccd3bbf.jpg
    snapshot_c074c774_21f77b5b_zpsac0cb1d8.jpg
    snapshot_c074c774_61f77b5c_zpsedf3b305.jpg
    snapshot_c074c774_61f77b60_zps54ddd25a.jpg
    snapshot_c074c774_81f77b61_zpsbc77c459.jpg
    “I was so sure that I knew what they needed and what I wanted to sell them that I never stopped long enough to find out what it was they wanted to buy.”
    ― Chris Murray, The Extremely Successful Salesman's Club
  • Options
    Zolt65Zolt65 Posts: 8,272 Member
    I know! Those thieving toddlers and their bottles are a riot!

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Marcus Aurelius
  • Options
    christinebremnerchristinebremner Posts: 3,513 Member
    Hi everyone! :) Just got to catch up on everything here then will be giving an update on Nicoles family! :) *hugs*
    FEvr1sR.gif
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    Great pictures @HappySimmer3 and yay for getting back into the sims even if it cant be in TS4 yet-that world and your sims are beautiful! :)
    Haha hopefully our three hour chat made into episodes will be worth a listen! :) We had a lot of fun-I mean three hours meant we had to, the time just flew by! ;)

@GrayLady2010 aww poor little mite! Thank you for sharing <3
  • Options
    @GrayLady2010 those pictures are awesome! :)<3 them! :)
    FEvr1sR.gif
  • Options
    @HappySimmer3 Your pictures are beautiful, that world looks lovely! :)<3
    FEvr1sR.gif
  • Options
    Wildley CuriousWildley Curious Posts: 5,349 Member
    @GrayLady2010 those pictures are awesome! :)<3 them! :)

Thanks! TS2 toddlers are so much fun. :smiley:
    “I was so sure that I knew what they needed and what I wanted to sell them that I never stopped long enough to find out what it was they wanted to buy.”
    ― Chris Murray, The Extremely Successful Salesman's Club
  • Options
    Awesome pictures @Angl2005151 :) haha the dad going into panic with the upcoming birth makes me laugh every time. :) Werewolf toddlers may be destructive but are so darn cute! :)
    FEvr1sR.gif
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    I have a update with Nicoles life and her family. :)

It's been busy for them the last couple of sim days and Ellie is having lots of fun learning with mum. They skill quicker with their parents helping. :)
    screenshot_original.jpg

After showing Ellie some logic skill she gave her a snuggle, while Eleena and Callum wait for their turn for the bottle. She looks a little exasperated, but in all she is coping better and feeling happier. :)
    screenshot_original.jpg

Meanwhile downstairs is hectic with the dogs and puppies, Carmen in this pictures was on her way to work, good thing too she wasn't in a good mood and needed to get out of the house. Bluto and Rocky have their paws full with their bundles, but they will be put up for adoption as its too much with all those dogs. lol
    screenshot_original.jpg

Always time for a tummy rub!
    screenshot_original.jpg
    In between all the fuss of caring for 3 toddlers, there is housework and dog washing to be done.
    screenshot_original.jpg

Carmen's mood was ok, but she insisted to Nicole she wants to learn to box. Nicole I am sure is thinking "oh dear, you need Zen girl." lol
    screenshot_original.jpg

Brent decided to take the plunge and teach Sarah to drive, and oh boy was it hair raising for him! lol He was tense the whole time, and couldn't wait to get out of that car. :#
    screenshot_original.jpg
    The look of relief after getting home made me laugh he was so tense and wasn't in a good mood until he got home and saw his beloved Nicole.
    screenshot_original.jpg

There may be toddlers crying, and complete noise but they can always find peace with each other, no matter how loud life gets. lol :) (was that too corny?) lol
    screenshot_original.jpg

p.s. sorry for so many pics. <3
    FEvr1sR.gif
  • Options
    kimjo313kimjo313 Posts: 3,865 Member
    Hey guys. Thanks for all the hugs and kindness. I have been at this point of not believing TS4 will ever be "fixed" to a game of my liking for quite some time now. But that does not mean I am down or that I am going any where. Like I said, if I go away, EA wins! NOT HAPPENING!I still have hope for a better TS5 even if I never play TS4 again. I have TS2 and TS3 and I will be happy with those for now. I enjoy stopping in and seeing all the pics! They are inspiring. And I like hearing about those playing TS4 and the things they have discovered and the mods that are "correcting" EA 's mess.
    And @Bettyboop55 I LUV YOUR CORNEY JOKES!!!!! :D

kim :\
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
    Abraham Lincoln

• Options
    kimjo313 wrote: »
    Hey guys. Thanks for all the hugs and kindness. I have been at this point of not believing TS4 will ever be "fixed" to a game of my liking for quite some time now. But that does not mean I am down or that I am going any where. Like I said, if I go away, EA wins! NOT HAPPENING!I still have hope for a better TS5 even if I never play TS4 again. I have TS2 and TS3 and I will be happy with those for now. I enjoy stopping in and seeing all the pics! They are inspiring. And I like hearing about those playing TS4 and the things they have discovered and the mods that are "correcting" EA 's mess.
    And @Bettyboop55 I LUV YOUR CORNEY JOKES!!!!! :D

Hi @kimjo313 I am sorry you are feeling so let down. :( But am also very glad that you are not going anywhere either, we must all make a stance, and I am right there with you all. <3:)
    FEvr1sR.gif
  • Options
    SimBunnySimBunny Posts: 58 Member
    @sparkfairy1‌ Hi, what's the name of your podcast? I'd love to listen to it.
  • Options
    AnavastiaAnavastia Posts: 6,515 Member
    ;_; i can't figure out how to add the doggy to my family right now. Am i suppose to do it through the edit screen?
  • Options
    @kimjo313 I am sorry you are feeling so let down. :( But am also very glad that you are not going anywhere either, we must all make a stance, and I am right there with you all. <3:)

Nah. I leave it would be like one more notch on EA's belt. I love coming here and seeing all your pics. And I love your commentary! All these pics should be showing EA how much WE WANT to like TS4. And that we WANT TO BE ABLE TO PLAY IT! We just need EA to understand what we need to be able to play it! :)

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
    Abraham Lincoln

• Options
    Frogprincess_qFrogprincess_q Posts: 1,269 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    So I decided to give the Autonomy mod a go and my sims autonomously went and tried for a baby, lol. So we're expecting :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: A nice touch was that as soon as she found out that she was expecting she went to tell her boyfriend the news :smiley:
    edited for typo
    Wow that's such great news. I hope you share pictures of the baby/babies when they are born. I'm glad it worked out well for you.

I just wish that the baby object was more engaging and the toddler existed. Sims 2 here's looking at you, kid <tips hat> I'm pretty sad about that business.

I confess I'm starting to really want to try out the new EP, but I also don't want to be suckered by the shiny new content when I'm still so sad about the evisceration of family play. I don't usually sit around complaining on forums, I'd rather play the games I love and ignore the ones I don't. Still here I am, because if we don't speak out for the game we love where does the franchise go? Somewhere that we haven't been catered for :disappointed:
    Edits made and not mentioned will be for typos.

- Froggie
    1nr15n0.jpg
    WIP: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/851667/australian-world-version-1-0-uploaded/p1
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    So I decided to give the Autonomy mod a go and my sims autonomously went and tried for a baby, lol. So we're expecting :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: A nice touch was that as soon as she found out that she was expecting she went to tell her boyfriend the news :smiley:
    edited for typo
    Wow that's such great news. I hope you share pictures of the baby/babies when they are born. I'm glad it worked out well for you.

I just wish that the baby object was more engaging and the toddler existed. Sims 2 here's looking at you, kid <tips hat> I'm pretty sad about that business.

I confess I'm starting to really want to try out the new EP, but I also don't want to be suckered by the shiny new content when I'm still so sad about the evisceration of family play. I don't usually sit around complaining on forums, I'd rather play the games I love and ignore the ones I don't. Still here I am, because if we don't speak out for the game we love where does the franchise go? Somewhere that we haven't been catered for :disappointed:

Thats the point. We stand up because if we dont we never get catered to. Plain and simple they will ignore us because we wont exist, we will have moved on without EA.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Please @Scobre don't tear your hair out, not for TS4 :) If mods are helping you keep playing then that is good news and I am sure many people here are glad you are sharing your information on the mods available. My annoyance in part stems from the fact I play vanilla but if I am to sticking with TS4 I am going to resort to mods and cc. This means I am changing my playing habits to try to accommodate my playstyle.

As I said earlier EA are lucky to have us. If they don't see that and things remain as they are with TS4 then the dependence on mods and cc will have to grow. And that assumes simmers will want to persevere. There are no guarantees on that score. Lets hope we get some positive news soon :)
    It just doesn't make sense to me to try to make the Sims 4 a MMO game again. It's just upsetting there is a petition to make the Sims 4 into one again. I already have to suffer with having no toddler because of that project. What other features do I have to give up because of risky ventures? Once I heard the Sims 4 was going to be offline mode again, I was a lot happier. I already had one MMO shut down on me recently that I adored. I know MMOs are risky and cost millions of dollars to maintain especially since talking to developers about it before. I don't want them to hit the main PC games. If EA wants to make side games of them especially with mobile versions or console versions, I'd be fine with that. Family play is really important to me and I don't want to be forced to play a single life stage in which the security of teenagers can be put at risk. I have a hard enough time Origin taking my gaming info. Sorry I'm just frustrated about it today.

Yeah mods and getting attached to my cartoon smurf family somehow keeping me playing. I did make some NPC character from the ex-MMO I used to play too. Force of habit me using mods since the Sims 2. I remember in the Sims 1, putting my picture onto a Sim and that was kind of odd looking. Making my own CCs was kind of fun too. I haven't tried to make my own Sims things since the Sims 1 I admit. I'm not smart enough to make my own mods I know, but maybe I'll attempt to make my own CCs again sometime. I really miss the body shop the Sims 2 had. I might have made some of my own CCs with that too. Being able to create my own toddler clothing would be fun. Maybe I'll try it sometime with the Sims 2.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member
    Hello @Scobre please don't worry about MMO too much. Petitions for making Sims MMO have been around since TS3 days. EA got badly burnt with Sim City which is one of the reasons Olympus was ditched I believe. EA know that if they do that they can say goodbye to a lot of simmers who have yet to decide TS4 is for them. Not to mention those of us who regard MMO with absolute horror.

Now I must go get some sleep :)
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
    Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Hello @Scobre please don't worry about MMO too much. Petitions for making Sims MMO have been around since TS3 days. EA got badly burnt with Sim City which is one of the reasons Olympus was ditched I believe. EA know that if they do that they can say goodbye to a lot of simmers who have yet to decide TS4 is for them. Not to mention those of us who regard MMO with absolute horror.

Now I must go get some sleep :)
    Thank you, you are sweet. I hope you sleep well.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options

Sweet Dreams @Bettyboop55‌

kim :)
    Abraham Lincoln

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top