Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4, the heaven of the male sims

LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,322 Member
edited February 2015 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
Hi,

I'm happy to see The Sims Studio take care of the male sims this time. The CAS content is 100 times better than TS2 and TS3.
I hope they will keep on this work in the future packs.

Thank you very much ;) !

Comments

• Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Really? I only saw men have one necklace accessory, unless they patched in more without me knowing...
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    In the previous games, the clothes were like potato bags and didn't fit to their body.
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    In the previous games, the clothes were like potato bags and didn't fit to their body.

true
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited February 2015
    Not true. There could be much more choice and I hate how there are so little useful haircuts, but a lot of the clothing looks fine to great (I've played and still play a lot of males so I should know). And in no way worse than clothes in Sims 4, where it all looks like plastic to begin with.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    kimjo313kimjo313 Posts: 3,865 Member
    Not true. There could be much more choice and I hate how there are so little useful haircuts, but a lot of the clothing looks fine to great (I've played and still play a lot of males so I should know). And in no way worse than clothes in Sims 4, where it all looks like plastic to begin with.

Not to mention the fact that color co-coordinating is a nightmare. Some of the colors have nothing that matches/co-ordinates with. And the textures on some look like colored sheet of paper. And then there is the cartoonishly bright colors especially on some of the t-shirts. And the hair. Oh yuk! Nope. Sorry, in my opinion I can not agree with the OP on this one.

kim :\

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
    Abraham Lincoln

• Options
    edited February 2015
    kimjo313 wrote: »

Not to mention the fact that color co-coordinating is a nightmare. Some of the colors have nothing that matches/co-ordinates with. And the textures on some look like colored sheet of paper. And then there is the cartoonishly bright colors especially on some of the t-shirts. And the hair. Oh yuk! Nope. Sorry, in my opinion I can not agree with the OP on this one.

It wasn't better in TS2 and TS3, the clothing (excluding Diesel SP) was never realistic. in TS4 the quality was improved.

• Options
    kimjo313kimjo313 Posts: 3,865 Member
    kimjo313 wrote: »

It wasn't better in TS2 and TS3, the clothing (excluding Diesel SP) was never realistic. in TS4 the quality was improved.

By quality do you mean the style? Because I can agree the style is good in TS4. But the texture and colors is horrible. But the style was ok for the time period in the other games. They are not stylish now but....

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
    Abraham Lincoln

• Options
    nickibitswardnickibitsward Posts: 3,115 Member
    I couldn't get past the hair - they all look like they have a colored mop on their heads.
  • Options
    DextroyerX2DextroyerX2 Posts: 267 Member
    Personally, as a member of EA's target audience, the clothing and hair styles are what made me love The Sims 4 Create-A-Style even more, for me the clothing in The Sims 3 was rather bland, I did love some of it but I found myself endlessly scrolling through different options just to find one that was ok, they did justice with certain things but with enhanced graphics and a cartoon-style that separates the virtual world from the real world works well for The Sims 4 in my opinion, also I never really saw how people thought The Sims 3 looked like real people.
  • Options
    Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member
    even if i understand that people are not really happy with the hairs in TS4 i like them

as for the clothing, well ... in style it is more modern, casual & realistic
    but unfortunately the selection in style is spread still not wide enough

in a basegame there should be a wide selection of styles & not mainly TONS of tshirts !
    where are midi skirts ? wide legged trousers ? modern cut of suits ? & yes ... nails, multiple rings, rings on each finger, piercings, makeup for males, hereditary freckles, moles, body hair !!! ...
    why do we have still, after 15 years of sims, at best to wait for such absolutely normal things ?

& yes, in the previous games the situation was even worse :#
    i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member

Those were the styles at the time they were building the base games. The clothes are always a few years behind actual fashion trends by the time the games are released. I hated those long baggy pants and shorts since in my area people had quit wearing those things about six years before the TS2 was released. lol
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Cinebar wrote: »

Those were the styles at the time they were building the base games. The clothes are always a few years behind actual fashion trends by the time the games are released. I hated those long baggy pants and shorts since in my area people had quit wearing those things about six years before the TS2 was released. lol

In TS2 and TS3, many clothes had pants and sleeves like raw cylinders.
  • Options
    howsimlishhowsimlish Posts: 709 Member
    I agree, TS3's clothes had that awful shine to them that made black look like trash bags. TS4 has a much simpler feel to it, so it can fit the modern times. TS3 came out in 2009 and I don't remember anyone wearing those types of clothes in 2009, TS2 was a bit of a different story but I'll never understand the baby pattern dress and the crazy outfits from nightlife.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Cinebar wrote: »

In TS2 and TS3, many clothes had pants and sleeves like raw cylinders.
    That's true. I've often wondered why people creating them didn't see. But I just avoid those clothes.
    A lot of the clothes definitely are silly in the game (not to mention the straw hats and pony's* bangs covering half of the faces). I've always wondered if the creator was someone being funny or someone genuinely thinking they did a great job.
    But fortunately there's enough to choose from that does look nice.
    howsimlish wrote: »
    I agree, TS3's clothes had that awful shine to them that made black look like trash bags. TS4 has a much simpler feel to it, so it can fit the modern times. TS3 came out in 2009 and I don't remember anyone wearing those types of clothes in 2009, TS2 was a bit of a different story but I'll never understand the baby pattern dress and the crazy outfits from nightlife.
    No they don't, just some of the clothes (the older ones; the sweatpants are most terrible).
    There's one thing though - in addition to kim - that will always beat Sims 3 cloting in comparison to Sims 4's. CASt.

*I used the word pony because that's what it's called in Dutch and I forgot to look it up; that must have been an odd line to read, sims with a horse covering their face lol
    Post edited by JoAnne65 on
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    k3okik3oki Posts: 107 Member
    Hi,

I'm happy to see The Sims Studio take care of the male sims this time. The CAS content is 100 times better than TS2 and TS3.

Thank you very much ;) !

Are you serious or just trolling us?
    There's like the double content for females. Males has no gloves, just 1 (ugly) underwear option (2 since they included another one in valentine's update that's even uglier), less tattoos, no body hair options...
    Not to mention there's 43 hair styles for (T,YA,A,E) females and just 23 for males.
  • Options
    k3oki wrote: »
    Hi,

Thank you very much ;) !

There's like the double content for females. Males has no gloves, just 1 (ugly) underwear option (2 since they included another one in valentine's update that's even uglier), less tattoos, no body hair options...
    Not to mention there's 43 hair styles for (T,YA,A,E) females and just 23 for males.

It's still better than TS2 and TS3.

• Options
    Hi,

Thank you very much ;) !

It's still better than TS2 and TS3.

And still very far away from being the heaven of male sims.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Posts: 4,220 Member
    Hi,

Thank you very much ;) !

I agree. In fact, the male sims look a lot better than the female sims!

There are fashionable clothing options. I love being able to tweak the body in-depth.
  • Options
    Hi,

Thank you very much ;) !

Wow, rude.

Yes, in an ideal word we'd get equal content.

But the fact is in real life many more clothing itens does exist for women. They wear all a man can and, on top of that, have skirts, dresses, blouses, and heaps of accessories.

I am all for EA being equal opportunity. But given the CC community makes 10 female itenms for each male, I can see the demand.

Still, any other Sims game, it wasn't until a few EPs in men had any decent content. Now we have a lot from the get go.
  • Options
    I agree, TS3's clothes had that awful shine to them that made black look like trash bags.

True.

One designer explained once that having CASt was the reason they couldn't control the shine and texture properly, since they had no idea what colour they would eventually be.
  • Options

Yes! Nothing was sexy or fashionable.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Hi,

Thank you very much ;) !

Wow, rude.

Yes, in an ideal word we'd get equal content.

But the fact is in real life many more clothing itens does exist for women. They wear all a man can and, on top of that, have skirts, dresses, blouses, and heaps of accessories.

I am all for EA being equal opportunity. But given the CC community makes 10 female itenms for each male, I can see the demand.

Still, any other Sims game, it wasn't until a few EPs in men had any decent content. Now we have a lot from the get go.

Your point is not valid because it does not justify the lack of male content. Men can wear gloves and they didn't included any, almost no accesories, or just only ONE pair of boxers, half number of male hairstyles. Why not talk about the tattoos? another item where the females got twice and better, when it's something that SHOULD be not gender tied. That's not a real representation for the male gender and I could name you hundreds of items that could be included only for men, so do not tell me it's because in the real world there's less menswear because that's being quite ignorant. :neutral_face:

I'm glad you settle for so little, but it's not the case for many people, including myself.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    I agree, TS3's clothes had that awful shine to them that made black look like trash bags.

True.

One designer explained once that having CASt was the reason they couldn't control the shine and texture properly, since they had no idea what colour they would eventually be.
    Well, they must have solved the problem at one point, because a lot of the clothing just isn't shiny. And in fact it's CASt that can reduce the shiny effect on some clothes.
    And I completely disagree concerning your 'nothing was sexy' remark. Speak for yourself ;) I think some outfits are very sexy, both for women and for males. It's the sims in 4 that don't look sexy to me ever, because they look like comic book characters (and I just can't manage fancying those).
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    GoodFairyGoodFairy Posts: 205 Member
    Ok, we maybe have more than in the TS2 or TS3 base games. Still the content for female sims is much more. I think, I'll never understand why they gender a lot of the hair / accessoires / make up etc. Would it be that difficult to set it for both genders? Let us decide what our sims wear.
    (*) My Origin-ID GoodFairy684 (*)
    You find my sims in the gallery tagged with #SimsFairy.